PDA

View Full Version : Golflink Mates App

GolfTourettes
30th April 2014, 10:25 AM
Has anyone got this app? Or know of anyone that uses it?
Is it worth it? Some of the features seem pretty good, like being able to check your comp results from any club and even grade you amongst all other golfers

LeftyHoges
30th April 2014, 10:37 AM
Depends on how badly you want to do that I guess. What's the cost these days, $30?

Worth it for some, not worth it for me and my once a month playing.

3Puttpete
30th April 2014, 10:52 AM
I have it but won't be renewing the subscription. It's good if you want to know all of that stuff but there's not enough in it for the money.

Slothman
30th April 2014, 11:01 AM
Yeh aggreed.

I have it, use it for stat tracking each round etc (but there are other free alternatives).

Doubt I will renew when it comes up next time, unless they update the app or something.

highballin
30th April 2014, 01:05 PM
I have it I like being able to see where I finished in the field and the other scores. I Will renew it I don't think it was to much for 12mths.

Looney
30th April 2014, 01:16 PM
I have it and am always keen to see my comp results but since the change to handicapping this year some of the function have not worked. I think they need to lift their game big time to make it worth while in the future

GolfTourettes
30th April 2014, 09:29 PM
The App isn't to crash hot but still good to see the comp ranks when you're not playing at home. Where as I think the mates section on the Golflink website is actually quite good

Tank33
1st May 2014, 08:11 AM
I dont know why its taking them so long to update the handicap prediction function. You only have to ask the user for more inputs such as slope and rating.

highballin
1st May 2014, 08:55 AM
I dont know why its taking them so long to update the handicap prediction function. You only have to ask the user for more inputs such as slope and rating.

I assume they are going to let you choose a course and tee option. Yeah otherwise like you say just put in slope and rating.

3Puttpete
1st May 2014, 09:12 AM
Isn't rating only known after all scores are entered?

highballin
1st May 2014, 09:14 AM
Isn't rating only known after all scores are entered?

Yeah should be just slope and GA handicap

3Puttpete
1st May 2014, 09:19 AM
I think the predictor is useless without rating and by the time you know the rating you don't need to predict

BGH
1st May 2014, 10:03 AM
I think the predictor is useless without rating and by the time you know the rating you don't need to predict

Exactly. I have written a small Android application that has similar functionality to GL mates (minus comp ranking) and I have simply removed the handicap predictor. No way to know in advance what the DSR is going to be.

Bushka
1st May 2014, 10:34 AM
the stat keeping on the main site is pretty handy and probably the reason i will be keeping my subscription going.

Not the best and most detailed but enough to keep a broad read of how your games progressing. The App is really just a little ancillary love.

golfbound
8th May 2017, 05:03 PM
Anyone know how to get this app it appears to be removed from the App Store