PDA

View Full Version : TaylorMades new TP irons

Davemason
12th February 2006, 07:48 AM
The rac MB TP is a refreshing new take on the classic muscle-back blade. Designed with input and feedback from TaylorMade tour professionals, these irons employ:

#Advanced rac technology, characterized by larger Feel Pockets for a softer and more satisfying feel
#Milled clubface and grooves for consistent spin and control
#Tour-configured sole that prevents digging and glides smoothly through and out of the turf
#Tour Satin finish that's buffed, nickel chrome plated and satin polished again for both beauty and durability

Traditional forged blade with an advanced muscleback design was designed with input and feedback from TaylorMade tour professionals. That means it meets a tour pro’s requirements for look, feel and performance

rac Technology with enlarged Feel Pockets for improved vibration management and a softer, more satisfying feel at impact.

CNC-milled face and grooves promote consistent spin and launch angles for greater shot control and stopping power.

Tour-configured sole features a specially ground leading edge and softened trailing edge so the clubhead glides smoothly through and out of the turf.

Minimal offset and higher CG position: Increased workability enhances the ability to work the ball left, right, high and low for increased control and accuracy.

Tour Satin finish: Tour look, reduced glare and outstanding durability meets beauty, playability and a lasting finish.

Matt 3 Jab
12th February 2006, 07:53 AM
wow, those look great, ive seen them in play in some bags but ive never seen them in person.
i didnt care for the old rac MB's, the just didint look that great in the short irons, the best blades ive seen in the last few months are the cleveland CG1's, very, very nice!

McMw
12th February 2006, 10:54 AM
was looking at some pics over at other forums, some of the pros only have the shorter irons of these new TPs in the bag...many have stuck with the older MBs...or the CB TPs...

3oneday
12th February 2006, 10:56 AM
Certainly look like a players club, no good for me !!! probably worth a couple of grand too I bet ;)

:lol:

connico
12th February 2006, 12:54 PM
they certianly do look sexy...but the cleveland cg1s i think look better...:)

Matt 3 Jab
12th February 2006, 12:56 PM
yep, im with you connico, you now know what to get me for christmas :-P :-P :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

connico
12th February 2006, 02:50 PM
Then again, i think the best looking clubs at the moment are anything mizuno.. :)

Matt 3 Jab
12th February 2006, 02:56 PM
again ill have to agree iwth you, mizuno make some of the best forgings out there, pitty there so much $$$ which doesnt go well with a uni student

connico
12th February 2006, 03:00 PM
they are pretty cheap if i get them from japan directly, you'll find though, used or preloved is always better lol :) price wise lol

Jarro
12th February 2006, 04:21 PM
nice .. very nice ;)

markTHEblake
12th February 2006, 04:56 PM
Tour Satin finish: Tour look......

This has gotta be one of the biggest wanks of all time. Tour look - what dribble.

Matt 3 Jab
12th February 2006, 05:29 PM
satin i dont think looks that good anyway, i like bright chrome or black, no dull unclean look

Moe Norman
12th February 2006, 06:07 PM
they look pretty ugly to me.

I prefer classic blades like Hogan's, Mizuno MP14 and the old Titleist Tour Model

kwantfm
12th February 2006, 08:25 PM
I don't think that they look beautiful like the blades that Moe Norman mentions... but they certainly look funky. My RAC TP wedges have similar sized feel pockets and I believe that these make a significant difference to the sound of these clubs at impact. I imagine that these new irons will sound incredibly solid and therefore feel solid.

Fishman Dan
12th February 2006, 10:08 PM
rac Technology with enlarged Feel Pockets for improved vibration management and a softer, more satisfying feel at impact.

They never come up short naming every inch of the club. I had a shorts with Feel Pockets - needless to say they were my favourite..

BrisVegas
13th February 2006, 01:44 PM
They're a very distinctive style! thanks for the pics Dave. Not sure whether they're supposed to be muscle-backs or cavity-backs. They're kinda half way between the two.

I looked at Iain's RACs again yesterday. They's a seriously scary looking iron. NO offset and tiny blades. Great if you can hit em.

3oneday
13th February 2006, 01:57 PM
Nothing like a wide sole, large offset, nice forgiving iron !!!! This aint them !!!

Pete

freddy a
15th February 2006, 10:47 PM
If you want soemthing really sexy wait till the Titleist 695CB and MB come out. I agree Mizunos make some of the nicest blades out there. How can you fault the MP33 playability and looks wise?
The TA1 look good as well as the new CG1
Titleist 681 aren't bad either.

Speirsy11
16th February 2006, 12:08 AM
My brother just got a set of these. He says that they are noticeably better for controling flight then the old MBs were. He tells me that the COG is higher due to a higher toe (like the Lehman Box Toes) and that they feel great.