PDA

View Full Version : Royal Pines Renovations

AndyP
15th April 2014, 01:33 PM
I stayed at RPR on the weekend and noticed that there is a lot of renovations going on to both the golf course and the hotel.

At this stage, they are redoing the first nine, so it is closed off to play. They have even gone to the extreme of fencing all of the holes off. In Feb of next year, they will move on to the second nine.
I took a pic of the plan, but the course pics I took are too far away to bother posting. The work is being done by Graham Marsh.

LeftyHoges
15th April 2014, 02:44 PM
Maybe the new renovations will stop a ball being lost on the left hand side of 3 (or 12, whichever is the par 5) where it should've been a piece of piss to find.

Coldtopper
16th April 2014, 09:41 AM
The RACV making far too much money agian! Im sure the course will be mint after Swampy finishes! I do like his course structure and designs.

markTHEblake
16th April 2014, 12:48 PM
So no change at all. Just reshaping greens and fairways. Surprise nobody has bothered to put the master plan online. You would think that would be a part of promotion and marketing. Golfers usually get emotional about course changes.

Looks like 17 will be fairer though. Bastard of a hole with a front pin.

MAZA68
22nd April 2014, 09:38 PM
New bunkering and drainage as well I believe.

MAZA68
21st March 2015, 07:49 PM
Stage 2 of the reno's have started to be ready for the PGA at years end.

golfbound
21st March 2015, 09:08 PM
looks good I have a few voucher for here

PeteyD
22nd March 2015, 02:24 PM
Stayed there last night. The 'Gold' nine are closed, half of them ripped up, lots of work going on.

MAZA68
22nd March 2015, 03:32 PM
Started a few weeks back, greens and fariway renos to bring to a same shape as the othere nines.

yoyo
22nd March 2015, 05:35 PM
Was there yesterday for a work thing, it was very wet out on course as i peeres out the window !
Deff seemed to be a decent amount of reno going on