PDA

View Full Version : So boy's Windaroo course report thanks

gazgolf1
10th July 2004, 04:26 PM
How was it this morning boys?
Scores too thanks.

Jarro
10th July 2004, 04:32 PM
course was in good nick. greens were great.

Snake gully is still a prick of a hole :oops:

some rough patches on a few fairways but nothing i haven't seen at a lot of other courses in brissy (except at Nudgee of course) :wink:

My only ever gripe about Windaroo was that some of the fairways (especially the 1st) used to have huge cracks in them, but looks like that problem has been solved with fairways being relayed with Kikuyu grass 8)

i posted my score in the other thread .... i'll let the other guys tell you how they went :wink:

terryand
10th July 2004, 05:11 PM
Gaz,simply awesome.This course you just can't stand up there and blaze away(well you could but you have to be very straight),I found myself standing on the tee thinking of which one of the three options to take I was thinking about.

Don't listen to Jarro,Snake gully's not that hard.

All it took was a perfect drive to about 15m right of the water to about 170m out,then a slightly skinny 5 iron to about 30 ft, a firsr putt to 2 ft,then tap it in for par......Easy.....Yeah sure.Got this funny feeling it won't be that way all the time.

The greens are awesome in roll, size and shape,there are some greens that are 3 mini greens in one,so don't miss it in the wrong area,Hey Jarro.You miss it in the wrong place and you need perfect read and stroke to get it close.

I'm sure your not meant to think that much on a golf course,its a great test of the mind as well of the swing.

This course is not in the same league(yet) as Indro when it comes to condtion,but when it comes to layout it is its equal.There are many risk/reward holes around Windaroo,where you can take on the water with driver and get on or very close to the green or layup with 5 iron or so and still have only a wedge in.

I like it and am very happy with my move.

Terry.

gazgolf1
10th July 2004, 06:10 PM
[quote="terryand"]

Don't listen to Jarro,Snake gully's not that hard.

All it took was a perfect drive to about 15m right of the water to about 170m out,then a slightly skinny 5 iron to about 30 ft, a firsr putt to 2 ft,then tap it in for par......Easy.....Yeah sure.Got this funny feeling it won't be that way all the time.

quote]

Nice work 8) ,
Par is like a birdie at Snake Gully.

BrisVegas
10th July 2004, 07:01 PM
Triple post Gaz...... What the??? :?

Well played Terry. That hole is a monster. 8)

gazgolf1
10th July 2004, 07:26 PM
Triple post Gaz...... What the??? :?

Well played Terry. That hole is a monster. 8)

AHHHHH its not my fault. :oops:

Please delete a couple of these goughy.

AndyP
10th July 2004, 11:08 PM
There was a round of golf at Windaroo? I can't remember seeing this thread in the Ozgolf Day section. :wink: :-$

Good to hear that the course condition continues to improve. I will have to have a hit there in the near future. 8)

Tex, I'd congratulate you on your Snake Gully par, but who hasn't had a par there. :roll:
Well done! May you have many more. 8)

markTHEblake
11th July 2004, 10:03 PM
We can then cut a deal for free membership at the club in return for allowing the re-opening of the island part of snake gully.

what? you mean cant play to the island any more?

AndyP
11th July 2004, 10:49 PM
Now all we need is a bunch of rich Ozgolf members to chip in and buy those few homes on the left of Snake Gully. We can then cut a deal for free membership at the club in return for allowing the re-opening of the island part of snake gully.
I think one of those homes was mentioned in a recent edition of The Golfer. Not cheap! :shock:

Jarro
12th July 2004, 06:02 AM
We can then cut a deal for free membership at the club in return for allowing the re-opening of the island part of snake gully.

No blakey, it's been OB for a few years now :(

i think a few punters must've hooked some tee-shots into the adjoining properties..so the owners kicked up a stink :roll:

AndyP
12th July 2004, 06:38 AM
No blakey, it's been OB for a few years now :(

i think a few punters must've hooked some tee-shots into the adjoining properties..so the owners kicked up a stink :roll:

The hole wouldn't be the same if it was in play.
Plus it would slow play down, with guys swimming back and forth to play their shots. :roll: :smt003