PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Cobra AMP Cell Driver Adaptor

Steve57
4th April 2014, 07:56 AM
As the heading says, what is out there?

backintheswing
4th April 2014, 12:11 PM
If you don't find one before next weekend, let me know, as I will have one off the stock fuel shaft in the Amp I bought off Marto, that I could pull and send.

Not picking it up until next Saturday though.

Steve57
4th April 2014, 01:47 PM
Thanks mate but I picked up one off feebay. Still looking for another if someone has one please.

benno_r
4th April 2014, 01:54 PM
If you bought one from China - throw it in the bin as soon as you get it. They all fail, hopefully not while swinging a club.

Cheers,
Ben

backintheswing
4th April 2014, 01:57 PM
Hey Steve, the one that was on the AD DI, is that genuine or aftermarket.

benno_r
4th April 2014, 03:04 PM
Ash, there are 2 types that I have used that are good: genuine Cobra, or GolfDesignWorks.

Between a mate and I, I installed:
3 driver
2 fairway
2 hybrid

of the "other" type off eBay. In all of them, the steel thread insert pulled out of the adapter. Luckily all while changing the head.

Steve57
4th April 2014, 03:41 PM
Hey Steve, the one that was on the AD DI, is that genuine or aftermarket. It is a genuine one Ash. I got it off Virge.

Steve57
4th April 2014, 03:42 PM
If you bought one from China - throw it in the bin as soon as you get it. They all fail, hopefully not while swinging a club.Cheers,Benno I got it off lqclearance in Sydney. I'm pretty sure he has the GDW ones.

Steve57
4th April 2014, 03:44 PM
Ash, there are 2 types that I have used that are good: genuine Cobra, or GolfDesignWorks.Between a mate and I, I installed:3 driver2 fairway2 hybridof the "other" type off eBay. In all of them, the steel thread insert pulled out of the adapter. Luckily all while changing the head.29712 The one you had on the Attas shaft also failed Ben!Also whilst changing the head position.

benno_r
4th April 2014, 06:06 PM
Shit man, didn't know that. Do I owe a new one then?

Steve57
4th April 2014, 06:14 PM
Shit man, didn't know that. Do I owe a new one then?
No you didnt know that when we swapped.
All good!

kiwitown
4th April 2014, 07:59 PM
mate I have a non genuine one that I have used for a year no issue's, its black but I sand have the paint off it when I was bored one day. Its been on a few shafts so its not pretty. No Screw but you can have it if you want..

Steve57
4th April 2014, 08:47 PM
mate I have a non genuine one that I have used for a year no issue's, its black but I sand have the paint off it when I was bored one day. Its been on a few shafts so its not pretty. No Screw but you can have it if you want.. Ok thanks. I will pm my address

Steve57
4th April 2014, 09:23 PM
Still looking.
Kiwitown's was a ZL adaptor.