PDA

View Full Version : Ozgolf race day

terryand
9th February 2006, 06:38 PM
After taking my dad up to Willowbank for his 5 hot laps that we got him for his birthday in December, which he said was a buzz. Got me thinking of organizing a day there for us Ozgolfers.

It may be a bit rich for some or some might just think it’s not worth it, but I think it wound be a great way to spend a morning or afternoon. You get to stand right on the pit wall of the main straight, so you are only about 5 metres away as they fly down the straight.

Cost for 5 laps is $199 or you can get 8 laps for $299. My dad is already talking about going again and doing 8 laps, cause he said he was just getting the hang of it when his 5 laps were over.

Keza and Shazza can show us their style too, as there where a couple of girls up there hooking in.

Another alternative that we could do, is go, go carting when we are all buzzing around the track together like bees bumping into each other.

Thought I would throw this out there and see what the response is like, if its good I can start the ball rolling.

Terry.

markTHEblake
9th February 2006, 08:27 PM
The go carts sound more interesting to me.

AndyP
10th February 2006, 06:51 AM
Sorry Tez, I am constantly turning my friends down on the go cart idea. I always think of it in terms of how many golf rounds I could play instead.

Virgal_Tracy
10th February 2006, 03:53 PM
I race go karts as one of my other sports. Admittedly what we race is quicker than the hire karts but if you can find somewhere that hires out 2 strokes then you will have more fun than anything else on 4 wheels guaranteed (ecept maybe downhill in a golf buggy on a wet fariway trying to stop but that's another story)