PDA

View Full Version : Week beginning Monday 31st March 2014

Coldtopper
2nd April 2014, 08:58 PM
Well here we go again I played at the old HQ today for 27 pts all up 9 F@#ing over but lucky I caught 5 birdies FFS. Had 11 putts going out and 9 on the way home at least I have that to going on. I love SC putters and cant wait to play on decent turf soon......

Jarro
2nd April 2014, 09:03 PM
88/78 today .... started triple, double, bogey :roll:

Glad i didn't nominate this round for the Fireball ;)

Coldtopper
2nd April 2014, 09:49 PM
88/78 today .... started triple, double, bogey :roll:

Glad i didn't nominate this round for the Fireball ;) At least you had a better round than some

Captain Nemo
2nd April 2014, 09:52 PM
Well here we go again I played at the old HQ today for 27 pts all up 9 F@#ing over but lucky I caught 5 birdies FFS. Had 11 putts going out and 9 on the way home at least I have that to going on. I love SC putters and cant wait to play on decent turf soon......

Fastback strikes again!!!

oldracer
2nd April 2014, 11:06 PM
Well here we go again I played at the old HQ today for 27 pts all up 9 F@#ing over but lucky I caught 5 birdies FFS. Had 11 putts going out and 9 on the way home at least I have that to going on. I love SC putters and cant wait to play on decent turf soon......Shepps in good nick CT

Hatchman
3rd April 2014, 02:01 AM

You know your having a special day when your making a heap of 1 putt bogeys.

Coldtopper
3rd April 2014, 11:42 AM
It is always in good condition. Great to see some green stuff on the ground OR!

You know your having a special day when your making a heap of 1 putt bogeys. Yes it was special. Love it whilst playing on interesting courses tops it off..... Had great fun!!!!

oldracer
3rd April 2014, 12:01 PM
It is always in good condition. Great to see some green stuff on the ground OR!

Yes it was special. Love it whilst playing on interesting courses tops it off..... Had great fun!!!! your not wrong mate, getting the mower out this arvo for the first time in forever, yeah played Shepp Sunday and think it will be my track now, country membership nice n cheap

Shortylook
3rd April 2014, 12:13 PM
A wonderful 100 yesterday at harvey.

Monsta
3rd April 2014, 12:15 PM
A wonderful 100 yesterday at harvey.

Always good to raise the bat Shorty.......... was it before lunch???

Johnny Canuck
3rd April 2014, 12:21 PM
Week 2, post lesson.

1 fairway. 4 GIR.

Fairway was 17 & two GIR came in last two holes.

Got to 31 points after having 5 points after 6.

Mububban
3rd April 2014, 01:28 PM
Week 2, post lesson.

1 fairway. 4 GIR.

Fairway was 17 & two GIR came in last two holes.

Got to 31 points after having 5 points after 6.

Out of interest, what does someone on your handicap/skill level get lessons on?

Johnny Canuck
3rd April 2014, 01:34 PM
Out of interest, what does someone on your handicap/skill level get lessons on?

I go massively past parallel on my takeaway.

Working on shortening that, keeping my left wrist flat and not swinging all arms, getting more body rotation.

Shortylook
3rd April 2014, 03:12 PM
Always good to raise the bat Shorty.......... was it before lunch???
Ha ha, it took me a while but I get it now.

dunteachin
3rd April 2014, 07:38 PM
28 points yesterday (14/14) - 38 putts didn't help but the crowning glory was getting hit in the shin by a full-blooded fairway wood shot while moving over to the 17th tee - duffed the next couple of shots and got quite a bruise and goog developing

highballin
3rd April 2014, 08:17 PM
No Fore ?

androooo
3rd April 2014, 08:21 PM
-1 67 at Tea Tree GC on Tuesday

-6 66 at Tasmania GC today... + $30 of the pro's money

backintheswing
3rd April 2014, 08:50 PM

-6 66 at Tasmania GC today... + $30 of the pro's money

You know we secretly all hate you lol.

Great golf.

Rodent
3rd April 2014, 08:56 PM
Had 5 birdies at my home track today but shot 4 over playing off 4 :(. It should have been good enough for a new pb handicap 3. something but alas on golflink the par event where I scored square or 0, has come up as 31 stableford points WTF? It should have been 36 points as far as I'm aware.
There's a massive problem as the winner was off 11 and had +7 for a played to 5 and the runner up on c/b was off 11, had +7 and played to 2 :roll:
I hope it gets sorted asap because 4.1 is as low as I've been. I never thought I would ever see a 3 at the start of my handicap.

androooo
3rd April 2014, 09:09 PM
You know we secretly all hate you lol.

Feeling the love... :)

oldracer
3rd April 2014, 09:49 PM
Feeling the love... :)lots of man love coming your way today Droo from all n sundry

Coldtopper
3rd April 2014, 09:50 PM

-6 66 at Tasmania GC today... + $30 of the pro's money Yeah sucked in you went a few points with that! hahaha

jimandr
3rd April 2014, 10:21 PM
I'm sure we have all had a golfing experience where something works in practice but falls apart on the course. I had that experience yesterday at Ballina.

I am having big problems with flipping my hands through too early, and in practice I tried the simple solution of moving the ball forward in my stance so that I would get a better weight transfer. I wasn't game to try it in comp until yesterday. So, instead of my bad shot being a weak low smother hook, my first three drives were all weak high slices, two of them absolutely dead. After I missed a two footer to wipe my 8th hole I gave up altogether. All the bad habits were back.

27 points was the result, and a trip to the pro next week is on the cards.

3oneday
4th April 2014, 08:13 AM
Where's Carl?

Mububban
4th April 2014, 11:29 AM
the crowning glory was getting hit in the shin by a full-blooded fairway wood shot while moving over to the 17th tee - duffed the next couple of shots and got quite a bruise and goog developing

I don't think Ashes' balls are going to give your shin much sympathy :D

KristianJ
4th April 2014, 02:44 PM
35 points at Twin Creeks this morning.

13 points on front 9 with 2 wipes, then something clicked into gear and 22 points on back 9...mix of GIR and some decent scrambling efforts.

Lovely to be playing on something other than recently cored greens...excellent roll and speed to them.

Peppas
4th April 2014, 02:45 PM
35 points at Twin Creeks this morning.

13 points on front 9 with 2 wipes, then something clicked into gear and 22 points on back 9...mix of GIR and some decent scrambling efforts.

Lovely to be playing on something other than recently cored greens...excellent roll and speed to them.

Did you find much sand? :)

KristianJ
4th April 2014, 02:57 PM
Did you find much sand? :)

2 fairway, 2 green side...all on front 9.

mrbluu
4th April 2014, 07:46 PM
35 points at Twin Creeks this morning.13 points on front 9 with 2 wipes, then something clicked into gear and 22 points on back 9...mix of GIR and some decent scrambling efforts.Lovely to be playing on something other than recently cored greens...excellent roll and speed to them.Nice round....was it comp???

Dangals
4th April 2014, 08:52 PM
nice KJ - I have always really enjoyed Twin Creeks, need to get out there for another game

mrbluu
4th April 2014, 08:54 PM
nice KJ - I have always really enjoyed Twin Creeks, need to get out there for another game

Let me know Dan when u organise it as I still haven't played there yet.

WBennett
4th April 2014, 09:14 PM
Do they do open weekend comps?

Its one I am interested in seeing

Dangals
4th April 2014, 10:44 PM
Weekdays only for non members - it's always been a Wednesday that I have played in their comp when playing there.

KristianJ
4th April 2014, 11:11 PM
Nice round....was it comp???

Not a typical comp...it was an ISG thing with 5 of us (Anfield, rqrox and 2 others), and the pro shop created a comp for us so we could have our scores entered into Golflink.

I've mentioned it previously here, but the greens there are near the best I've ever putted on. No different today.

Wednesday comp rates $50 walking, $70 cart. I might book in for a hit on the 16th if anyone else is keen...

highballin
5th April 2014, 05:48 PM
Won semi-final B grade club champs 3/2

BenM
5th April 2014, 06:23 PM
Well done highballin

I won B grade nett and gross today, even after doubling 16 and 18 (choke). Will post more later when I have time, but fair to say I'm back into A grade.

live4golf
5th April 2014, 06:38 PM
I had a 10 on a par 3.

Started slow, 3-putt bogey followed by a couple of pars, then a double, then pars to finish off the back 9. Started with an Eagle on the 1st to get to 1 over (3 wood from 220 out to 1m), then dunked my ball on the par 3. Followed this up with 2 more in from the crappy drop zone before getting on and 3-putting. I then took a mighty swipe at the next drive, not a good result, finally got near the green before losing my ball in the crap on the left of the hole. Decided to DQ myself and play out the rest of the holes...played them 3 under. Fun Day :)

highballin
5th April 2014, 06:51 PM
Well done highballin

I won B grade nett and gross today, even after doubling 16 and 18 (choke). Will post more later when I have time, but fair to say I'm back into A grade.

Thanks Ben and well done to you to. Bugger to finish with a couple of doubles but you must have played well to win gross and nett.

blurry
5th April 2014, 07:57 PM
Monthly medal at penrith today 80/72 , with an 8 on first after a lost ball

Hatchman
5th April 2014, 08:12 PM
Won semi-final B grade club champs 3/2

Well done mate.
Keep the run going and all the best in your next match.

JADO75
5th April 2014, 08:40 PM
Played at Lynwood today to escapes Penrith's cored greens along with Stealth2, Dangals & another mate. Course held up pretty good from recent rain but it was a pretty tough day playing it from the plates.
Finished with an 84 off the stick, drove the ball well but found a few hazards & 3 putted on the bloody enormous greens too many times.
Driver used was 9.5* Jetspeed with Fujikura Fuel 60x

dunteachin
5th April 2014, 08:54 PM
83 nett today in wet and boggy conditions - slipped over on the 9th and wrenched a few muscles - never looked like a par after that - I think this game is out to get me

shazza_rs
5th April 2014, 08:54 PM
Monthly medal for me today. 85/70 for a win in division 1.

Short game kept me alive today.

highballin
5th April 2014, 08:57 PM
Well done mate.
Keep the run going and all the best in your next match.

Thanks Hatchman never been in the final of anything so as Effie would say how excitement :D

dunteachin
5th April 2014, 09:28 PM
Congratulations shazza

mrbluu
5th April 2014, 09:41 PM
Monthly medal for me today. 85/70 for a win in division 1. Short game kept me alive today. Great work shazza!!!

shazza_rs
5th April 2014, 09:43 PM
Thanks guys. Just realised that's my first monthly medal win. Yay!

mrbluu
5th April 2014, 09:45 PM
Thanks guys. Just realised that's my first monthly medal win. Yay!

Wooohooo!!! :thumbup:

Hatchman
5th April 2014, 10:12 PM
Medal round @ Kapunda on freshly cored and sanded greens.

Debut of JDM SLDR today did not go according to plan. Put my GD ADDI 6s in and played it at 10.5. My game was way off today resulting in a lot of well struck drives off line into the tress. Didn't hit fairway until the 8th and only hit 2 greens in reg for the nine.

Back nine things improved slightly with a few more drives in play and 6 greens in reg.

Never made a birdie all day as all attempts were from a long way out. Don't think I've played a round where I've holed so many bogey saving putts. Score could have been much worse if not for the putter being the only club in the bag working.

No dibs on driver as I love the flight and feel. I was sh!t today with everything bar the putter.

aussieashley
6th April 2014, 06:55 PM
Played Monthly Medal yesterday for an 82/76 after shooting 48 the front nine.
It's a funny game. After the front 9 I was thinking I've got to keep trying and keep this round under 90.
Everything clicked on the back 9, got up and down from everywhere and hit some good shots. Shot 34 the back nine with 7 pars and 2 birdies.

Shortylook
6th April 2014, 08:42 PM
97 today, not important to most golfers, but for me I got under the tonne for the first time in a while. Lots of room for improvement that's for sure

Steve57
6th April 2014, 09:04 PM
Well played Shorty. Keep at it and the turnaround will come.

mrbluu
6th April 2014, 09:07 PM
97 today, not important to most golfers, but for me I got under the tonne for the first time in a while. Lots of room for improvement that's for sure

Good job SL!!!

mrbluu
6th April 2014, 09:11 PM
Played Cabra today with Grunt, we started well with a couple of cheeky beers in the club house. Continued with a coille of extras for the road.

Started out playing stableford and was told at half way that it was a par event. -6 on the front and came home in even. Birdieing the 16th and the 3 wood off the 2nd was the only golfing highlights of the round.

Grunt
6th April 2014, 09:11 PM
Nice work Shorty, would have been close to breaking the tonne today myself if my ball did not disappear on 15.

Grunt
6th April 2014, 09:12 PM
Played Cabra today with Grunt, we started well with a couple of cheeky beers in the club house. Continued with a coille of extras for the road.

Started out playing stableford and was told at half way that it was a par event. -6 on the front and came home in even. Birdieing the 16th and the 3 wood off the 2nd was the only golfing highlights of the round.

What was my par score, was 30 points for stab.

Coldtopper
6th April 2014, 09:18 PM
Medal round @ Kapunda on freshly cored and sanded greens.

Debut of JDM SLDR today did not go according to plan. Put my GD ADDI 6s in and played it at 10.5. My game was way off today resulting in a lot of well struck drives off line into the tress. Didn't hit fairway until the 8th and only hit 2 greens in reg for the nine.

Back nine things improved slightly with a few more drives in play and 6 greens in reg.

Never made a birdie all day as all attempts were from a long way out. Don't think I've played a round where I've holed so many bogey saving putts. Score could have been much worse if not for the putter being the only club in the bag working.

No dibs on driver as I love the flight and feel. I was sh!t today with everything bar the putter. Wow Hatchy, must be a good feeling when the only good aspect of the round was the flat stick on fresh cored greens. No number as well! I am not posting here as I far too many swipes yesterday

Shortylook
6th April 2014, 10:15 PM
Cheers guys, played back nine first and it was horrible. Not sure why but I relaxed a bit and the next 9 were heaps better. On the plus side, I didn't lose a ball, which is quite remarkable considering how the first 9 went ��

Hatchman
6th April 2014, 10:22 PM
Didn't post the number as I nominated this round for my match play game.
It's best to keeping the opponent guessing.

Well done Shorty, getting it back on track.

Nuffie
6th April 2014, 10:55 PM
Shot 78 off 3 on cored greens around vines lakes. Was 1 over after 10 but leaked a few bogies and a double on the second 9. 33 putts without a birdie was frustrating. Left about 4 birdie putts in the jaws. With all the ducks on the sanded greens, it felt more like a game of duck hunt than a round of golf.

Slothman
7th April 2014, 10:00 AM

Awesome sauce shorty. That 100 barrier is a big mental barrier. For me the best part of my golf was when I realized that I was breaking 95 more than hitting 100....that day felt good :)

I had an interesting day.

87/77
9 Fairways
6 GIR
34 Putts (not happy)

Was hitting the ball so much better. My driver was great. Usually at the Albany you hit bad rough with a slightly wayward shot. I didn't use a provisional off the tee all day....was brilliant and the first time I have done that in a stroke day. Usually only get around 6 Fairways so pretty happy there.

I was striking my irons brilliantly since my lesson last month. So well the backspin was hurting me. Spun one off the green from pitching near the pin and 2 others spun back 15+ feet after pitching pin high (one was 4 inches from the hole before spinning). Could have would have should have.

Could not putt as they had just cored/spiked the greens but still should have hit a low 80.

BUT the lesson last month is starting to work and move forward....and that's a good thing.

Monsta
7th April 2014, 10:36 AM
After the course was closed on Sat due to the rain that didnt stop all week, yesterday was a Par event. Was looking forward to it after sitting inside all day Sat cleaning the house.

Well it didnt last long.......... worst I have played in probably 2 years, not one + on the card. Finished with -11, went home and kicked the dog and opened a bottle of Wild Turkey.. :cry:

mrbluu
7th April 2014, 11:00 AM
After the course was closed on Sat due to the rain that didnt stop all week, yesterday was a Par event. Was looking forward to it after sitting inside all day Sat cleaning the house.

Well it didnt last long.......... worst I have played in probably 2 years, not one + on the card. Finished with -11, went home and kicked the dog and opened a bottle of Wild Turkey.. :cry:

you can sit and clean at the same time???

Monsta
7th April 2014, 11:15 AM
you can sit and clean at the same time???

Doesnt everyone own a ride-on vacuum??????

Shortylook
7th April 2014, 03:49 PM
Awesome sauce shorty. That 100 barrier is a big mental barrier. For me the best part of my golf was when I realized that I was breaking 95 more than hitting 100....that day felt good :)

I had an interesting day.

87/77
9 Fairways
6 GIR
34 Putts (not happy)

Was hitting the ball so much better. My driver was great. Usually at the Albany you hit bad rough with a slightly wayward shot. I didn't use a provisional off the tee all day....was brilliant and the first time I have done that in a stroke day. Usually only get around 6 Fairways so pretty happy there.

I was striking my irons brilliantly since my lesson last month. So well the backspin was hurting me. Spun one off the green from pitching near the pin and 2 others spun back 15+ feet after pitching pin high (one was 4 inches from the hole before spinning). Could have would have should have.

Could not putt as they had just cored/spiked the greens but still should have hit a low 80.

BUT the lesson last month is starting to work and move forward....and that's a good thing.
Yea it's nice to get back to were I finished up. Hope to go very low 90's or stay there for a while until confidence comes back. Lots of mental scars from the last 5 or 6 rounds that's for sure

Shortylook
7th April 2014, 03:50 PM

Lol hate days like that, actually most of my recent days have been like that

JADO75
7th April 2014, 04:43 PM
Doesnt everyone own a ride-on vacuum??????

I did but the suction on mine stopped working coincidentally when I got married

Slothman
7th April 2014, 05:10 PM
Yea it's nice to get back to were I finished up. Hope to go very low 90's or stay there for a while until confidence comes back. Lots of mental scars from the last 5 or 6 rounds that's for sure

Did you play with a Catholic priest or something.......???

Shortylook
7th April 2014, 07:55 PM
Good job SL!!!

Nice work Shorty, would have been close to breaking the tonne today myself if my ball did not disappear on 15.

Did you play with a Catholic priest or something.......???
Cheers lads
I needed one after my game that's for sure, too many f bombs mate ha ha

Courty
7th April 2014, 09:42 PM
79/72 in the Monthly Medal on Saturday with 3 doubles. :roll:

Shortylook
7th April 2014, 09:52 PM
79/72 in the Monthly Medal on Saturday with 3 doubles. :roll:
Holy crap, you must of had a few birds then mate or just played the rest of the holes lights out

Courty
8th April 2014, 07:57 AM
Holy crap, you must of had a few birds then mate or just played the rest of the holes lights out 3 doubles, 4 bogies, 8 pars & 3 birdies.

oldracer
8th April 2014, 10:53 AM
I did but the suction on mine stopped working coincidentally when I got marriedvery good Jado