PDA

View Full Version : Contribution

Keza_G
9th February 2006, 02:20 PM
In today society it can be real tough on those of us who hav families to fork out wad's of cashola for a golfing "holiday"...

I was wondering if since we now have a venue/s would any of the "powers that be" be willing to start taking the reins in regards to financial dealings... ie Scotty and I can't lash out $160.00 on top of other cost related to the ozgolf champs... if we were to all pay our "nomination fees" upfront then maybe that would assist in finalising bookings.

I would put my hand up and do it.... but maybe G69er, since her is the man for Pacific Harbour....

Anyone interested in this idea... payment of green fee's upfront so as to keep from forkin out during the champs...

Cheers

Keza

AndyP
9th February 2006, 02:59 PM
What's wrong with hiding the cash under a mattress?

Trung
9th February 2006, 03:03 PM
send it to me, I'm off to Las Vegas at the end of the month... There are so many places there I can double your cash for you or lose it for you. :mrgreen:

Keza_G
9th February 2006, 03:03 PM
What's wrong with hiding the cash under a mattress?

Kids.... Fruit Roll ups... other cashola already stashed.... cat.... no room under the mattress... Scott and his obsession with buying clubs....

Do you want more....

Spiders, ol' debt collectors, forget what mattress I stashed it... etc...

Cheers

keza

Keza_G
9th February 2006, 03:05 PM
Seriously though,

I will do it if anyone wants to go this way.

Cheers

keza

Moe Norman
9th February 2006, 05:17 PM
i see zero point to it

Keza_G
10th February 2006, 07:38 AM
i see zero point to it

The point is some of us have other priorities such as families and I thought maybe we could pay our Greens fees and confirm our bookings in advance to someone who is willing to act as a treasurer...

So if anyone wants to begin contributing and pay their green fee's upfront, I will take charge of it and accept monies so that we can cover costs.. Anyone willing can PM me and I will post a list of those who have committed and paid. All monies will be placed into a separate account to be withdrawn before the day of the champs. If you pay $10 a month then by Oct your fee's would have been paid, all you have to do is turn up....

Cheers

Keza

AndyP
10th February 2006, 07:43 AM
Who gets to keep the interest earned?
I don't think we even know exact costs yet.....

Keza_G
10th February 2006, 07:49 AM
Who gets to keep the interest earned?
I don't think we even know exact costs yet.....

AP, any interst earned can be contributed to a bar tab.... besides, unless anyone gets behind it maybe the interest is gonna be about, what 7c.... I don't want any of the interest earned or any cahola left over, it will all be recycled back into the ozgolf champs....

AP, I thought you said it was going to be around $80.00... so if we play with that figure then, if it's more, it will be less to pay in the end....

Cheers

Keza

AndyP
10th February 2006, 08:09 AM
AP, I thought you said it was going to be around $80.00... so if we play with that figure then, if it's more, it will be less to pay in the end.... Yeah, something like that for golf only.

Keza_G
10th February 2006, 08:12 AM
I'm only talking about green fee's.

we are going to book to stay at Fairways resort next to Bribie. We're probably gonna get a 3brm an split with Pete and shazz... any calls on the 3rd room. we are gonna go up on Friday and stay for 2 nights..@ $160per night.. includes a full kitchen and a extremely short walk to Bribie golf course.

Cheers

Keza

markTHEblake
10th February 2006, 03:05 PM
Its a good idea but its not for me. I dont see the value it putting away $10 a month or whatever when i have $1 in the bank and a 6 figure debt.

I'll just spend the money when i need it. in the meantime the extra 10 dollars is returning me 7%

I think a far better suggestion is to start a Ozgolf membership - raise some money. $1 per person per ozgolf day will go a long way. Last year that would have been $778
Have some raffles, a membership fee. Goughy gets the money and divvies it up when he sees fit, like cheaper shirts, or subsidise the champs and so on.

990B Luva
14th February 2006, 04:31 PM
shotgun 3rd room Kez

Moe Norman
14th February 2006, 04:41 PM
MTB's idea sounds pretty good.

Keza_G
16th February 2006, 07:48 PM
shotgun 3rd room Kez

Only if you behave yourself young 'un...

Cheers

Keza

990B Luva
17th February 2006, 11:28 AM
yea, i will..... whose driving there... i wont be able to drive home :)

Keza_G
4th May 2006, 11:11 AM
AP, Check your PM's.... We are out...

Moe Norman
4th May 2006, 11:13 AM
Keza, don't let my ramblings make you leave.

you are getting plenty of support from your fellow ozgolfers - like I said I hope I'm wrong because your dream is attainable if you're not impatient.

macleod
18th May 2006, 02:51 PM
I think a far better suggestion is to start a Ozgolf membership - raise some money. $1 per person per ozgolf day will go a long way. Last year that would have been $778
Have some raffles, a membership fee. Goughy gets the money and divvies it up when he sees fit, like cheaper shirts, or subsidise the champs and so on.
cooool, or it could turn out like teamforegolf then with individuals only turning up for the big payout days with their interesting hcaps :lol: