PDA

View Full Version : rainy days, indoor golf?

rough_rider
27th March 2014, 09:17 PM
So at the moment on the Gold Coast we have ALOT of rain, which sucks cos its killing me not playing hahaha usually id play a good 5 days a week weather it be a few at night or morning which ever. my idea...someone needs to open up and indoor driving range or par 3 course, even if it was 3 holes setup and book in. god it would be more fun then sitting at home cruising youtube watching mark crossfield play golf it frickin spain! hahah

what ya think? what do you do when its wet?

wizard_of_oz
27th March 2014, 10:09 PM
I like to read threads started by overly enthusiastic golfers.

Yossarian
27th March 2014, 10:13 PM
I refill my vending machines.

golfbound
27th March 2014, 10:16 PM
I have one lol optishot it works great.

http://www.optishot.com.au/

rough_rider
27th March 2014, 10:18 PM
could be something to look into ben haha

golfbound
27th March 2014, 10:20 PM
yeah might have yo come up here one day so you can try it out

rough_rider
27th March 2014, 10:31 PM
sounds good mate.

3Puttpete
27th March 2014, 10:38 PM
Foxsports and redtube

rough_rider
27th March 2014, 10:40 PM
redtube is over rated, youjizz is where its at lol and fox is always taken by the parents

markTHEblake
27th March 2014, 10:41 PM
mate of mine operates this business
http://www.optigolf.com.au/

He says australia is not a big enough market for an indoor golf centre.

WBennett
27th March 2014, 11:04 PM
I refill my vending machines. Nice

3oneday
28th March 2014, 06:00 AM
i just lol and haha

Dotty
28th March 2014, 06:23 AM
I go to Power Golf and say hello to the other tyre-kicking OzGolfers.

Mububban
28th March 2014, 12:58 PM
mate of mine operates this business
http://www.optigolf.com.au/

He says australia is not a big enough market for an indoor golf centre.

So he's expecting the new Perth and Townsville stores to fail then? I hope they don't. The Perth store (north of the river, woohoo) is set to open mid-April, depending on their pricing structure I'll go and check it out. There's already an indoor place south of the river with good pricing but it's a long drive for me. They started with higher pricing (per player per hour) then dropped down (per booth per hour), probably due to feedback that Aussies aren't used to paying that much for golf compared to the USA.

Big benefit for the indoor place for my situation is it's open until 10pm so I can head out for a hit after the kids are in bed.

markTHEblake
28th March 2014, 01:45 PM
It depends what they are doing. If it was such a profitible business they would be everywhere

Mububban
28th March 2014, 05:08 PM
Golf is cheap in Australia compared to other countries, and we're not under snow for half the year, so there's less incentive for indoor golf centres. Still, I reckon Perth can support one each side of the river.

The south store runs league nights twice a week which fills the place, and also offers memberships with X hours of play per month. I'll be very interested to see the pricing of Optigolf once they open. I don't doubt the technology will be spot on and the layout will be great, but if the price is too high there'll be crickets chirping.

Slothman
28th March 2014, 05:31 PM
We have inswing golf down here in Albany...been a couple of times.

Before January their license allowed consumption but not the sale of alcohol. So they where giving away beer. REALLY POPULAR.

Now they charge...not so much :)

The technology is basic (think Optishot down properly) but unrealistic.

They have 4 booths which can be used at $35/hour. Great for a bunch of guys, get drunk, have some food, watch some foxtel, crack a ball.

Bad for someone just wanted to have a hit.

Apparently I can hit my Driver 280 meters each time dead straight...and my 3 wood was around 260 dead straight........I freaking wish.