PDA

View Full Version : Longest drive you've never made...

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 07:30 PM
296m... If only I'd played a Maxfli noodle of the tee.

Dotty
20th March 2014, 07:32 PM
Everytime that I play foursomes.

Hatchman
20th March 2014, 07:34 PM
Waikerie Golf Club to Monash.
Was very hung over from the night before. Got as far as the potato farm, approx 30km and had to pull over for a sleep in the back of the HQ Wagon. 2hrs later completed drive.

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 07:49 PM
With the full backing of my ride, I thought I almost drove the green.
After fisting each other, and proclaiming this as my best shot ever, I went to chip in from 30m only to find that the "WILSON STAFF FG TOUR" had been hit so hard of the tee that the letters had shuffled up to "MAXFLI NOODLE".
Thankfully my partner went back along the flight path to find my ball in the forest...long story short, didn't make par.

backintheswing
20th March 2014, 08:08 PM
Tell us more about fisting each other!

live4golf
20th March 2014, 08:24 PM
After fisting each other, and proclaiming this as my best shot ever, I went to chip in from 30m only to find that the "WILSON STAFF FG TOUR" had been hit so hard of the tee that the letters had shuffled up to "MAXFLI NOODLE".
Thankfully my partner went back along the flight path to find my ball in the forest...long story short, didn't make par.

Wait, what?

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 08:38 PM
Wait, what?

Long and the short of it...

For a moment, and without playing it up too much... I was god.

G.K
20th March 2014, 08:39 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/9/9c/500x1000px-LL-9c0ace67_cm-23141-050624c7335479.gif

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 08:44 PM
Tell us more about fisting each other!

That would be unfair on those who made the effort to actually be there bits..

Steve
20th March 2014, 08:45 PM
Townsville to perth , still haven't got over it

Hux
20th March 2014, 09:10 PM
Broome to Brisbane
In 5 days towing a camper trailer In a non turbo diesel landcruiser without cruise control.

3Puttpete
20th March 2014, 09:13 PM
Cairns to Darwin. I've done Darwin to Cairns twice though

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 09:16 PM
Broome to Brisbane
In 5 days towing a camper trailer In a non turbo diesel landcruiser without cruise control.

Longest drive you've never made?

Golfwhang
20th March 2014, 09:17 PM
Sydney to Brisbane playing few courses on the way took few days to get to Brisbane

mike
20th March 2014, 09:18 PM
Sheesh. Lagerlover, I'll get this thread back on track. :roll:

My longest drive was 328 metres into a stiff breeze with a 3 wood.

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 09:23 PM
Sheesh. Lagerlover, I'll get this thread back on track. :roll:

My longest drive was 328 metres into a stiff breeze with a 3 wood.

Thanks Mike. What loft on the three wood?

Johnny Canuck
20th March 2014, 09:26 PM

Long drives, fisting and golf balls turning into Noodles.

Sounds like the title of Rubin's Autobiography.

markTHEblake
20th March 2014, 09:44 PM
First time I drove a manual car, I practised for about 30 mins then drove 1600km Sunshine Coast to Townsville, By the time I got to Gympie I pretty much got the hang of that extra pedal.

Captain Nemo
20th March 2014, 09:45 PM
Sydney to Adelaide (stopover in Griffith) :(

Lagerlover
20th March 2014, 09:47 PM
First time I drove a manual car, I practised for about 30 mins then drove 1600km Sunshine Coast to Townsville, By the time I got to Gympie I pretty much got the hang of that extra pedal.

the brake??

markTHEblake
20th March 2014, 09:52 PM
You only use the accelerator in Gympie

backintheswing
20th March 2014, 09:56 PM
Are you sure you didn't go to Cairns, if you went 1600 k's from Sunshine Coast.

Golfnut
21st March 2014, 02:30 AM
Long drives, fisting and golf balls turning into Noodles. Sounds like the title of Rubin's Fantasy. ftfy

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2014, 02:33 AM
No you didn't.

Golfnut
21st March 2014, 02:41 AM
Oh yeah, except for golf balls turning into Noddles...that belongs in the non-fiction section.

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2014, 02:53 AM
Oh yeah, except for golf balls turning into Noddles...that belongs in the non-fiction section.

Bang On.

rubin
21st March 2014, 03:06 AM
a few points of note:

LL - if your going to tell a story - at least get it right.

It was a Nike.

JC - Go **** yourself
Golfnut - at least I can play with my own balls, and don't need to ask for permission first.

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2014, 09:33 AM
a few points of note:

LL - if your going to tell a story - at least get it right.

It was a Nike.

JC - Go **** yourself
Golfnut - at least I can play with my own balls, and don't need to ask for permission first.

Quality response, Rubes. Won't get paid as much as "snake season" though.

Is clarifying that it was a Nike an admission of past sins and indiscretions ? Fwiw, I don't care about the fisting.

rubin
21st March 2014, 09:57 AM
Quality response, Rubes. Won't get paid as much as "snake season" though. Is clarifying that it was a Nike an admission of past sins and indiscretions ? Fwiw, I don't care about the fisting.

Take it whatever way you want. I don't really give a shit anymore.

Golfnut
21st March 2014, 11:13 AM
Take it whatever way you want. I don't really give a shit anymore. I bet he says that to all the boyz.

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2014, 11:15 AM
Take it whatever way you want. I don't really give a shit anymore.

It would go a long way, Rubes.

rubin
21st March 2014, 11:24 AM
It would go a long way, Rubes.

So you want me to admit to something thats not true and didn't happen in the first place, just to calm your delicate little sensibilities?

No worries then.

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2014, 03:39 PM
So you want me to admit to something thats not true and didn't happen in the first place, just to calm your delicate little sensibilities?

No worries then.

Why did others in your group claim it happened then?

3oneday
21st March 2014, 03:51 PM
What is this thread about?

3Puttpete
21st March 2014, 03:58 PM
It's about warm milk with a touch of cinnamon

rubin
21st March 2014, 05:32 PM
Why did others in your group claim it happened then?

I don't know why. Given it was 2 years ago, i can't remember specifics - and don't really care.

You seem to be the only person hell bent on hanging on to it, Despite that what 'know' happened - is actually incorrect.

A similar situation to how tourfit 'cheated' a few years ago.

On a second matter - how does any of it affect you, in any way, whatsoever?

Johnny Canuck
21st March 2014, 09:34 PM
I don't know why. Given it was 2 years ago, i can't remember specifics - and don't really care.

You seem to be the only person hell bent on hanging on to it, Despite that what 'know' happened - is actually incorrect.

A similar situation to how tourfit 'cheated' a few years ago.

On a second matter - how does any of it affect you, in any way, whatsoever?

When we are playing for cash and there is dishonesty involved, it affects everyone. I like to believe that no one would actually do this.

I am only going off what your group said. Are they liars?

Lagerlover
21st March 2014, 10:08 PM
What is this thread about?

Originally it was about me spotting a ball just short of a par four green, got a little excited thinking it was mine, only to have Shavey kindly find mine 70m back in the trees.

But now, I'm not too sure.

mike
21st March 2014, 10:35 PM
You're just a shit stirrer.

Daves
21st March 2014, 10:38 PM
Originally it was about me spotting a ball just short of a par four green, got a little excited thinking it was mine, only to have Shavey kindly find mine 70m back in the trees.

I thought it was definitely yours, and the group in front did look around when you hit it. Just shows how big a pussy you really are off the tee in reality! All show and no go you big sook!:wink:

Dotty
21st March 2014, 10:43 PM
I thought it was definitely yours, and the group in front did look around when you hit it. Just shows how big a pussy you really are off the tee in reality! All show and no go you big sook!:wink:
Probably was his.

The lager has killed off so much short-term memory, that he can't remember what he teed off with. ;)

Lagerlover
21st March 2014, 10:51 PM

Thank god I can putt..:(:cry:

Hux
22nd March 2014, 07:22 AM

Didn't your Missus tell you its NOT ALL ABOUT YOU.

It's all about the WAnkers. They definitely know how to make any thread their own.

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2014, 09:23 AM
Didn't your Missus tell you its NOT ALL ABOUT YOU.

It's all about the WAnkers. They definitely know how to make any thread their own.

There was definite baiting on LL's behalf.

So much baiting, a lesser man would have reported the post.

Lagerlover
22nd March 2014, 10:09 AM
haha...hand on heart JC, I have no idea what you're on about.

Johnny Canuck
22nd March 2014, 10:48 AM
haha...hand on heart JC, I have no idea what you're on about.

The only thing missing was the pm saying "get on this!"

Lucasto23
22nd March 2014, 01:58 PM
This one time at wynnum on the tenth hole I hit it so far I couldn't see the ball, went to pick up my tee and the ball was behind me :)

Wait that wasn't me ;)

sms316
23rd March 2014, 06:54 AM
Close enough

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh170/smsmith1976/7CC87D24-C77A-47BE-8932-67041825D66F.png