PDA

View Full Version : 2006 OZgolf Matchplay - Qld

AndyP
8th February 2006, 10:08 AM
Nominations/Rules stuff here: http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3226

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7082/matchplayme9.jpg

AndyP
8th February 2006, 10:09 AM
Guys, if there are any other matches already planned that aren't indicated above, please let me know.

Moe Norman
8th February 2006, 10:15 AM
as discussed Andy, yours will be a walkover unless you play the new steve bloke.

Vas is in india.

Courty
8th February 2006, 02:23 PM
Mike & I are going to play a qualifier to gain entry into this event. Of course, if I beat him, he will still go through under the forfeit rule. :roll: ;)

AndyP
15th February 2006, 03:41 PM
Image removed due to update. See first post.

Let me know, if you've got your round booked, or the result.

For the record, Steve and I are looking to play our round late March/early April or a public holiday.

Davemason
17th February 2006, 07:47 AM
For the record, Steve and I are looking to play our round late March/early April or a public holiday.

Maybe we can tee something up as with a group of four as I've got to wait untill late March for Kee to get back into the country for our match play round

AndyP
17th February 2006, 08:09 AM
Maybe we can tee something up as with a group of four as I've got to wait untill late March for Kee to get back into the country for our match play round
We could try and work something out closer to the time. Steve was looking to play a local round (SW Brisbane), so that may not fit in too well with you.

Davemason
17th February 2006, 08:20 AM
We could try and work something out closer to the time. Steve was looking to play a local round (SW Brisbane), so that may not fit in too well with you.
Brisy is fine with me just didn't want to travel to Brisy to play with just one guy that is all

AndyP
17th February 2006, 08:29 AM
Brisy is fine with me just didn't want to travel to Brisy to play with just one guy that is all
Organise it, and they will come.

I'll list my matchplay round in the 1st Tee area, when Steve and I work out when we can play.

AndyP
28th February 2006, 10:11 AM
See first post for draw update.

AndyP
28th February 2006, 12:11 PM
Seems to be a bit of silence on the organisation of a few matches. Hope there is some PM'ing action going on.

Jarro
28th February 2006, 02:36 PM
i'm still waiting to hear back from oscar to see if he'll be playing at Northlakes.

If he decides to play, i'm hoping we can play our match then 8)

Eag's
28th February 2006, 09:01 PM
Same here, I have pm'd Roc but no reply so far?

Stoney
28th February 2006, 10:21 PM
Same again, have PM'd Damoocow but it looks like he has not been online since the 5/2. No reply, what am I to do?

shavey
28th February 2006, 11:01 PM
I'm in the same boat as Stoney... First round opponent Jaster hasn't been online for quite some time.

PM'ed but no reply. Suggestions anybody?

oscar
28th February 2006, 11:05 PM
i'm still waiting to hear back from oscar to see if he'll be playing at Northlakes.

If he decides to play, i'm hoping we can play our match then 8)

Jarro,

Baby has arrived (It's a boy!!!) at this stage were on for Northlakes.

Bring your 'B' game.....

Osc

Jarro
1st March 2006, 05:59 AM
Jarro,

Baby has arrived (It's a boy!!!) at this stage were on for Northlakes.

Bring your 'B' game.....

Osc

congratulations mate ... all the best to you and your wife on the new arrival 8)

don't worry, my "B" game is always on tap ;)

AndyP
1st March 2006, 08:46 AM
Congratulations Oscar.

Shavey, Stoney, you may be able to contact these guys via their email addresses or phone numbers which may be in the contact details thread.

Stoney
2nd March 2006, 04:48 PM
Shavey, Stoney, you may be able to contact these guys via their email addresses or phone numbers which may be in the contact details thread.

Looked but could not locate any details. Does anyone out there talk to or know how to contact Damoocow?

BrisWesty
2nd March 2006, 04:51 PM
Looked but could not locate any details. Does anyone out there talk to or know how to contact Damoocow?

Try www.eatmoredonuts.com ;-)

BrisWesty
11th March 2006, 07:57 PM
Can someone post the results of the match plays at North Lakes?

BrisVegas
11th March 2006, 09:45 PM
BrisVegas def. Perci 3 & 1.

Perci caught a terrible lie in someone's heel print in the greenside bunker on our second last hole. Dirty, inconsiderate dogs who didn't rake up after themselves... He, unfortunately, couldn't get any spin on it and it went in the hazard over the green, lost. Perci conceded the hole and the match.

Shame, I don't feel right winning that way. I enjoyed the match and had a good day. Perci played some good golf, and we both had some huge scores at times. Perci managed to down an incredible amount of beer while we played too. what was Boonie's record on that flight to england?? I reckon Perci could take him.

Perci - thanks for the game mate. Sorry it had to end like that.

gazgolf1
11th March 2006, 10:14 PM
Gaz beat Mike.... 6 and 4.

oscar
11th March 2006, 10:52 PM
Oscar def Jarro 2up.

Jarro had me on toast all day, I caught a few brakes on our last four holes and fell over the line.

Rowan

senecio
12th March 2006, 10:07 AM
senecio def. AndyLo 1up on the 20th hole.

I think we only halved 3 holes all day, one of them being the first extra hole.

It was a lot of fun Andy, thanks for the game.

Ryan

Moe Norman
12th March 2006, 12:10 PM
Nudgee beat Drunken 10 and 8. Solid victory.

Jarro
12th March 2006, 12:21 PM
Nudgee beat Drunken 10 and 8. Solid victory.

yeah, where was Drunken ?? I thought he was coming up for this one ???

AndyP
13th March 2006, 02:57 PM
1st post updated also. Congrats to the winners.

edit: See first post for matchplay draw.

Stoney
8th April 2006, 03:31 PM
Nice friendly match today with Damoocow at Mcleod. I beleive that I had to give a new record 22 strokes.

Match was played in very good spirit, i fact we needed some spirits to numb the pain of the scoring.

Stoney won 1up

Thanks Damoocow, enjoyed the company and the match

BrisVegas
8th April 2006, 08:35 PM
Choppa def. BrisVegas 5 & 3 at MacLeod.

Well played Justin, not much I coulda done today to stop ya. Good luck in the next match.

AndyP
10th April 2006, 09:08 AM
I saw the drama packed end of the Damo v Stoney match. Damo caught a nasty lie for his approach shot in, and Stoney had a great par save to ensure the match didn't go into extra time.

nudgee
10th April 2006, 04:56 PM
AndyP - I havent heard anything from Drunken since his no show at North Lakes - so I guess that makes me the winner!!

Geez I am good

Jarro
10th April 2006, 05:28 PM
I'd take the hollow victory Spaniard....you're not going to get many legit ones.

better save the ****-talk for when you're able-bodied you old cripple.

damoocow
10th April 2006, 08:36 PM
I saw the drama packed end of the Damo v Stoney match. Damo caught a nasty lie for his approach shot in, and Stoney had a great par save to ensure the match didn't go into extra time.

Yes a bad lie indeed but a great win to Stoney........had a great day despite the sh!t golf.......and I got the Pro Pin on the 5th [well that's what the paper said] ..AndyP , if I ask nicely will you pick it up for me ??

Damoocow

AndyP
11th April 2006, 07:40 AM
AndyP , if I ask nicely will you pick it up for me ??
Yes, but only if you ask nicely. Will have to be the weekend after the next.

I guess a few others will need stuff picked up too. Talk about OZgolf domination.

Jarro
11th April 2006, 07:46 AM
yeah way to go guys 8)

way to totally kick a womans courses a4se.

AndyP
19th April 2006, 08:47 AM
edit: See first post for matchplay draw.

Looks like a fair few 2nd round matches can get underway now.

Jarro
19th April 2006, 09:07 AM
Jaster decided to pull the pin did he ???

AndyP
19th April 2006, 09:24 AM
Just don't think he could be contacted.

Jarro
19th April 2006, 09:27 AM
fair enough, he probably hasn't played bugger all golf lately anyway :(

AndyP
19th April 2006, 09:34 AM
fair enough, he probably hasn't played bugger all golf lately anyway :(
Bugger all equals zero, I believe.

AndyP
26th April 2006, 02:22 PM
The quarter finals are starting to take shape (and so they should be now that the end of April is upon us). Scotty v Iain, Oscar v Shavey, Shaz v Gaz, Stoney v 990BLuva should provide some good contests. The date for completion of these matches is the end of June.

Draw update removed. See initial post.

AndyP
4th May 2006, 03:57 PM
Bad news everyone. Looks like Blakey gets a call up to the second round, despite his first round loss.
Sorry Iain.

markTHEblake
4th May 2006, 05:31 PM
Looks like Blakey gets a call up to the second round

No Thanks.

AndyP
4th May 2006, 06:49 PM
It's in the rules, isn't it?

markTHEblake
4th May 2006, 07:33 PM
It's in the rules, isn't it?
its up to Iain and Scott to arrange their match, and IMHO not appropriate for you to otherwise comment. (and i mean that in the nicest way possible)

AndyP
4th May 2006, 08:21 PM
Better him, than me.

AndyP
17th May 2006, 11:37 AM
Matchplay update:
Image removed. See first post.

Choppa the Destroyer is waiting for some more people to join him in the quarters, and it looks like we've got a couple of matches happening at the Nudgee Plate. Maybe we could get more matches going there too.

Eag's, Roc, what's the status on your match?

Eag's
17th May 2006, 06:20 PM
We have tried to organise our match on a few occasions with little luck.
With me working shift work and Roc having very little spare time, it
is almost impossible to find a date that suits us both :smt102

AndyP
13th June 2006, 09:22 AM
Draw updated, see first post.

Is there much interest in this anymore?
It's approaching the end of June, and we have many matches that haven't been organised yet. This thread shouldn't need to be bumped for a reminder, the match is meant to be organised by the players.

The rules say that if it isn't organised by the date then both players forfeit, with a player having the right to appeal.
At this stage, the number of walkovers and forfeits that could appear on the draw is frustrating.

Maybe how this works needs to be revisited before we do it again next year......

BrisVegas
13th June 2006, 09:41 AM
The lesson to be learned for next year is.... don't nominate for this unless you can be pretty sure you can get out and play your matches....

AndyP
13th June 2006, 10:39 AM
Unfortunately, I have confirmed with Steverawlo that he isn't available to play a match against Dave in the short-term, so as per the rules, I take Steve's place.

Dave, there's a good chance that you might actually get to play a match this year.

markTHEblake
13th June 2006, 10:58 AM
It doesnt matter that much if it takes a bit longer to organise the round 2 matches. As the draw progresses there are a lot less matches to be played and one would assume the participants become keener.

Dont think we need to consider doing it different next year - dont think there is any other way - apart from..... PULL YA BLOODY FINGER OUT.

It aint that hard to organise a game of golf. :-)

AndyP
13th June 2006, 11:08 AM
There is definitely some leeway in the completion dates for matches, but ideally you'd like the match to at least be organised by that date.

Maybe the problem is having too many matches in the first round. A potential idea is to have one or two qualifying rounds in conjunction with big OZgolf days, that would get the matchplay numbers down to maybe 16, that is, 8 qualify from each day.

BrisWesty
18th June 2006, 03:36 PM
Shazza and BrisWesty are into the last 8.

AndyP
18th June 2006, 04:20 PM
Not even a mention of your next round opponent??? Talk about arrogance.

Courty
18th June 2006, 04:41 PM

Go Shazza!!! :mrgreen:

BrisWesty
18th June 2006, 06:37 PM
Sorry Andy, I didn't know the result of your game with Davemason. Does that mean we're going mano-a-mano, or does Steverawlo come in as your proxy? ;-)

I take it we're not playing at Nudgee? Aaaawwwwwww.

AndyP
19th June 2006, 01:54 AM
Sorry Andy, I didn't know the result of your game with Davemason. Does that mean we're going mano-a-mano, or does Steverawlo come in as your proxy? ;-)
No, Vas comes back in as Steve's proxy......

I take it we're not playing at Nudgee? Aaaawwwwwww.
Maybe. Maybe not. I don't exactly play bad there.

AndyP
28th June 2006, 08:07 AM
A couple more results have been added, but I'm still concerned about matches not being played, especially the bottom left corner of the draw.

I haven't heard anything from Shavey or Oscar about this. If Nudgee gets another walkover to the semis, then this thing is a farce. Maybe he should play jarro, if the Shavey/Oscar match doesn't happen soon.

Stoney has been keeping me up to date with planning his match, but I'm hearing nothing from 990B's end. Another walkover?

Iain said he was planning a match with Scotty_G. Any confirmation of this?

Jarro
28th June 2006, 08:11 AM
these 2nd round matches have to be completed by the 30th of this month !!!!!

What's happening guys ???????

BrisVegas
28th June 2006, 08:12 AM
Has anyone heard from Eagsy?? Surely he wouldn't mind a match against Nudgee.. (Apologies if this has already been discussed.)

AndyP
28th June 2006, 08:22 AM
Has anyone heard from Eagsy?? Surely he wouldn't mind a match against Nudgee.. (Apologies if this has already been discussed.)
Eag's gave Nudgee the walkover, as he thinks golf bites ATM, and is taking a break from the game.
If Nudgee wanted to play a match instead of getting a walkover, he could offer it to someone else, like I did for my first round. Golfer69 might like to take him on, for example. But that would be upto him.

Jarro
28th June 2006, 02:18 PM
i think Eags is a bit limited with time as well, he can only make a couple of days a week ..... not the whole weekend either.

nudgee
28th June 2006, 07:30 PM
Wow another walkover - AP I am more than happy to play against anyone that wants to have another go as I am not too happy about getting through on walkovers (even though the first one was under extreme tragic circumstances!)

cheers

BrisWesty
28th June 2006, 08:15 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way anyone.
Eags was worried that booking his matchplay against Nudgee was like watching that video on "The Ring".

AndyP
30th June 2006, 03:01 PM
The King of HOs vs The King of non-HOs.

Let the battle begin. Ding! Ding!

Moe Norman
30th June 2006, 03:19 PM
Just wait for the protest flags to go up when I win this whole shootin match. Better you than someone who has already been beaten.

Jarro
30th June 2006, 04:28 PM
you got no chance golfer69, you don't have any TOUR clubs in ya kit :p

AndyP
30th June 2006, 07:00 PM
Better you than someone who has already been beaten.
Now who's mate was it that pulled out? I can't quite remember.....

oscar
30th June 2006, 07:22 PM
[QUOTE=AndyP]

I haven't heard anything from Shavey or Oscar about this. If Nudgee gets another walkover to the semis, then this thing is a farce. Maybe he should play jarro, if the Shavey/Oscar match doesn't happen soon.

Keep your pants on guys, Shavey and I were to play our match this weekend, but the game fell through, We'll have a result in the next week or so.

AndyP
30th June 2006, 07:25 PM
I know, I've had communications with Shavey about it. I guess being a forum matchplay comp, we expect a bit more transparency on the when and where of matches. And there's a few that have been silent.

I had updated the draw to mention the matches that were in planning, but didn't upload it.

Moe Norman
30th June 2006, 08:43 PM
Now who's mate was it that pulled out? I can't quite remember..... he only joined because you were begging for numbers, and I'm pretty sure that a walkover due to someone being in a foreign country is different to being reinstated after defeat because a bloke went to a concert in perth!

AndyP
1st July 2006, 07:58 AM
Gee, next you'll be telling me that I shouldn't have had a mulligan on the 1st at Nudgee two weeks ago.

It's in the rules. It's happened before. You can appeal to the committee if you want.

Moe Norman
1st July 2006, 08:27 AM
ok.

Who thinks this rule should be changed?

AndyP
1st July 2006, 09:07 AM
Depends what the point of our comp is.
Is it to find a winner?
Or is it an opportunity for those who don't usually get to play matchplay to do so?

Your concern seems to be the former. What did last year's matchplay winner get? A hat and a medal from memory. Not a sheep station.

I think history says we started it for the latter.

Moe Norman
1st July 2006, 09:25 AM
i don't care either way. it just seemed that steve didn't get much of a chance to organise his game. It is only June.

and if the rule were enforced across the board it would be a bit better.

you'e right - I'd love to play more matchplay despite being belted in Round 1.

maybe we hsould have a league - world cup style!?

(obviously would'nt work but it sounds good!)

AndyP
1st July 2006, 09:32 AM
ThomMoe, I only took Steve's place because he wasn't available for several weekends, including the Perth trip. Round 2's matches were meant to be finished by the end of June, so if a walkover occurred before that date, then a previous player would have a chance to take the place. If it's after, then the player gets the walkover, so we can keep moving forward.

To avoid walkovers, I thought cutting it down to 8 or 16 players could work, where those players qualify from a couple of OZgolf days early in the year, or even the Champs.

Jarro
1st July 2006, 11:08 AM
gee, i can't wait to play in the group with you guys tomorrow :roll:

Moe Norman
1st July 2006, 11:32 AM
wanna play matchplay Jarro??

ps: me and AndyP will talk arkitekya and AFL all morning - you'll love it!

Jarro
1st July 2006, 11:38 AM
cool.

i'm having Indian for dinner tonight, i'll be dropping my guts all day tomorrow :)

AndyP
1st July 2006, 11:47 AM
cool.

i'm having Indian for dinner tonight, i'll be dropping my guts all day tomorrow :)
That's fine. You'll be in the trees, we'll be on the fairway.

I think you'll find that ThomMoe and I have a common cause in giving you **** too.

Moe Norman
1st July 2006, 12:17 PM
'm having Indian for dinner tonight, i'll be dropping my guts all day tomorrow I'll take that as a challenge. I can brew em up with the best of them!

Jarro
1st July 2006, 01:34 PM
That's fine. You'll be in the trees, we'll be on the fairway.

we'll see ;)

.. or is that an admission that you'll only be hitting 3 wood off the tee ?

terryand
1st July 2006, 01:45 PM
we'll see ;)

.. or is that an admission that you'll only be hitting 3 wood off the tee ?

I thought it was Hybrid :-s

But I don't think you will get a rise out of him until the Hawks are finished getting flogged. well on the way. at 30 to 1....:-D

Terry.

AndyP
1st July 2006, 02:22 PM
My tips are looking good right now.

Moe Norman
1st July 2006, 02:28 PM
is AndyP confusing me with someone that hits fairways?

AndyP
1st July 2006, 02:34 PM
Neighbouring fairway that is.

BrisVegas
1st July 2006, 09:01 PM
OK I've accepted the invitation...I'll play the big doofy Spaniard.
Just wait for the protest flags to go up when I win this whole shootin match.

Are you coming to Gailes tomorrow '69 ?? Or are ya's playing somewhere else....? Hadn't seen anything in the Gailes thread tis all....:?

Jarro
1st July 2006, 09:03 PM
he likes to make a spectacular entrance :roll:

BrisVegas
1st July 2006, 09:04 PM
he likes to make a spectacular entrance :roll:

let me guess.... black shorts and grape shirt...

Jarro
1st July 2006, 09:09 PM
probably ;)

seriously though, i don't think he's coming

AndyP
2nd July 2006, 01:33 PM
Might set up the game at Saturday morning game at good old Windyroo in the next month or so.Don't really have time for the "or so".

oscar
8th July 2006, 07:14 PM
Played Shavey at Palm Meadows today, Shavey won the match 2up. (We halved the 17th didnt we Shavey??)

Good day out on a fantastic course, my first visit to Palm Meadows.

A great layout with some awsome undulating greens.

Thanks for the game Shavey and good luck in the next round.

shavey
8th July 2006, 10:09 PM
Ditto Oscar, thank god it was matchplay and not stroke! :)

Funny scenario playing a cart match with oscar and I in the same team..

I wanted him to do well to win some holes (as we were getting absolutely towled) but at the same time I didn't :)

Enjoyable day and we nearly came back from five down.. if only I could putt to force it down the last!

Iain
9th July 2006, 05:17 PM
Scotty_G and I are playing our match this Friday at Riverlakes.

AndyP
12th July 2006, 12:12 PM
By the end of this coming weekend, a couple more Round 2 matches will be finished.
We're not too far behind schedule.

Image removed.

Stoney
16th July 2006, 05:17 PM
The match between 990B Luva and Stoney finaly happened at Carbrook today.

It was not a bad match and I only had to give hime 11 shots.

Final Result after much up and down play, Stoney Won 2/1

Thanks for the game Brett. By the way he is a 13 marker

AndyP
31st July 2006, 12:58 PM
ScottyG, I got it wrong with which part of the draw you are in. You're waiting on a couple of matches to be completed, Nudgee v g69 (where are you guys at with this?), then the winner of that vs shavey.

AndyP
7th August 2006, 02:41 PM
Image removed.

Update.

AndyP
25th August 2006, 09:45 AM
We have two semi-finalists waiting for opponents.

Image removed.

So far we have used 13 different venues for 22 matches. I think that's pretty impressive.

Stoney
25th August 2006, 09:06 PM
AndyP, Shazza and I are trying to tee something up for the week of the 28/8 or the 4/9.

shavey
2nd September 2006, 06:28 PM
Shavey defeated Nudgee 3 and 2 at Sanctuary Cove

AndyP
4th September 2006, 01:06 PM
Update:
Image Removed.

Stoney
17th September 2006, 08:02 PM
Just for the record, Stoney defeated Shazza 4 and 2 at City today.

Moe Norman
17th September 2006, 08:16 PM
Interesting final 4.

AndyP lost
Stoney is a matchplay expert
ScottG has never posted here as far as i can see

Go Shavey!

markTHEblake
17th September 2006, 09:08 PM
anyway I have said many times the Matchplay title will be going to the golf coast - but dicky thought i was talking about him :-)

shavey
17th September 2006, 09:39 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know too much about ScottyG...

AndyP
27th September 2006, 10:48 AM
Almost finished.
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7082/matchplayme9.jpg

Stoney
5th October 2006, 01:35 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know too much about ScottyG...

I was just looking at the Champs Thread and notice that ScottyG is not playing at the champs. Looks like Keza and Scott withdrew in early May 2006.

I would assume that this disqualifies him from playing in the Matchplay Final?

If so should he not have pulled out of the matchplay when he new he was not playing the champs, therefore giving those people he beat along the way the oportunity to be in contention for this title?

A little selfish for a non-forum particpant I would have thought :sad:

Administrators? You comments please

AndyP
5th October 2006, 01:41 PM
My understanding is that the Final is to be completed by the Champs, not necessarily on the day of the Champs, but Blakey set the conditions so he's the best one to answer.

Stoney
5th October 2006, 01:42 PM
My understanding is that the Final is to be completed by the Champs, not necessarily on the day of the Champs, but Blakey set the conditions so he's the best one to answer.

Sorry my understanding was that the final was to be played at the champs.

I shall pull my head in then. :oops:

AndyP
5th October 2006, 01:47 PM
There was definitely a preference for it to be played at the Champs, but I'm not sure if it was ever a requirement or not.

peter_rs
5th October 2006, 02:08 PM
What a ****ening forum of b1tches today.

Scotty_G has posted in the past but has chosen to limt posts after events, because he would get banned. He also regular plays ozgolf days, and a partner of a active member

I believe if scotty got through the entent was to play the match on the friday of the champs or the sat.

What is next I get banned from winning titles because of my spelling. memebers are banned from titles for talking shit ... etc grow up ;) If you want to know more about a member pm people or start a thread.

terryand
5th October 2006, 02:22 PM
What a ****ening forum of b1tches today.

Scotty_G has posted in the past but has chosen to limt posts after events, because he would get banned. He also regular plays ozgolf days, and a partner of a active member

I believe if scotty got through the entent was to play the match on the friday of the champs or the sat.

What is next I get banned from winning titles because of my spelling. memebers are banned from titles for talking shit ... etc grow up ;) If you want to know more about a member pm people or start a thread.

hey now theres an idea :-D

Terry.

Scotty_G
5th October 2006, 02:25 PM
I was just looking at the Champs Thread and notice that ScottyG is not playing at the champs. Looks like Keza and Scott withdrew in early May 2006.

If so should he not have pulled out of the matchplay when he new he was not playing the champs, therefore giving those people he beat along the way the oportunity to be in contention for this title?

A little selfish for a non-forum particpant I would have thought :sad:

Administrators? You comments please

Scared are we ??

Keza and I pulled out due to a few earlier issues and since then Keza has been rostered on to work the weekend for the Riverlakes Pro Am Preparations, I see no point in leaving my wife at home to work 3 15hr shifts and look after the kids to come up and maybe play one matchplay..maybe..

If you dont want me in it, say so now and I will pull out and you can play shavey in the finals at the champs...

Unfortunately i am not like you guys and can play anywhere and buy anything i actually have more important things in my life than this forum... my family for example.... If you feel that strongly that I am denying someone a chance to be where i am then fine, **** ya's, have ya ****in spot.

I play in ozgolf days only when we can afford it, lately the budget is becoming a bit stressed... so if you think that i dont deserve to be in the match play then i wont... no ****in stress of my mind...

Speak now or **** off, do it b4 saturday tho so I can tell shavey...

AndyP
5th October 2006, 02:43 PM
Sorry my understanding was that the final was to be played at the champs.

I shall pull my head in then. :oops:
Stoney has already said that he misunderstood, so why must we continue to reply to his initial post.

Shavey is playing Scotty this Saturday.
Stoney plays the winner before or at the Champs.
The end.
Move on.

AndyP
5th October 2006, 02:46 PM
And if there are any more issues, I believe the rules state that the title defaults to me....

PeteyD
5th October 2006, 03:02 PM
And if there are any more issues, I believe the rules state that the title defaults to me....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Grunt
5th October 2006, 05:02 PM
I'll take it if it is open to all.

Iain
5th October 2006, 08:31 PM
Gee, that got nasty quickly..... :shock:

markTHEblake
5th October 2006, 09:55 PM
Tournament condtions are unchanged from 2005, given the lack of superceded conditions. http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=34216&postcount=1
(this discussion relates to the Qld matchplay only, those other mobs can look after their own business)

couple of things to mention to clarify anybodies concern.

4. *There will be a set date for each round of matches to be played. *If a match is not played both competitors are disqualified, unless one forfeits. *A player may appeal this to the committee should he think the opponent did not make fair effort to arrange a match.

11. Eligibility, *Ozgolf members and their partners/families. No ring ins.

There are also some 'implied' condtions, including. - the committee is made up of those persons who are supplying the trophy.

By the way, the Semi finals were meant to be played by Sep 30, therefore all 4 semi-finalists should be disqualifed. Thus we have a precedent, the dates can be extended reasonably.

If there are any objections to the tournament conditions or decisions by the committee please provide your donation towards the Matchplay trophy.

Moe Norman
5th October 2006, 11:17 PM
11. Eligibility, *Ozgolf members and their partners/families. No ring ins. well, its right there in black & white, no harm done for those with a fuse longer than a bees dick.

AndyP
6th October 2006, 05:09 AM
By the way, the Semi finals were meant to be played by Sep 30, therefore all 4 semi-finalists should be disqualifed.
Actually, only 2, as the other semi was played last week (Sept).

We've had to let a fair few matches go beyond the desired date, otherwise we would have had too many forfeits. A general rule used, was if the match had been planned by the date, even though it would be played after, then it was fine.

If we get the matchplay started earlier this time, hopefully we won't have as much trouble, but I doubt it.

Keza_G
6th October 2006, 07:05 AM
A little insight into Scotty_G....

The one finger typist took 25 minutes to type that reply !!! Moe is right, he does have a fuse longer than a bees dick and has about as much patience as a bull on caffeine. He and shavester are already to play tomorrow and I wish both of them Good Luck. If Scotty wins then he will make an effort to come up to the champs to play if required, if not we are still gonna try and get up there on the saturday night for dinner and drinks...

Courty
6th October 2006, 07:47 AM
Go Scotty_G!!!!

Stoney
6th October 2006, 02:21 PM
Scared are we ??

Keza and I pulled out due to a few earlier issues and since then Keza has been rostered on to work the weekend for the Riverlakes Pro Am Preparations, I see no point in leaving my wife at home to work 3 15hr shifts and look after the kids to come up and maybe play one matchplay..maybe..

If you dont want me in it, say so now and I will pull out and you can play shavey in the finals at the champs...

Unfortunately i am not like you guys and can play anywhere and buy anything i actually have more important things in my life than this forum... my family for example.... If you feel that strongly that I am denying someone a chance to be where i am then fine, **** ya's, have ya ****in spot.

I play in ozgolf days only when we can afford it, lately the budget is becoming a bit stressed... so if you think that i dont deserve to be in the match play then i wont... no ****in stress of my mind...

Speak now or **** off, do it b4 saturday tho so I can tell shavey...

As I said 5 seconds after I put up my initial post I misunderstood the rule of when the final was to be played. All of my comments were valid if the rule was that the final was to be played at the Champs.

We all have our personal issues and time constraints, work and family is always more important than this game or forum.

For the record, I am scared of no one on a golf course.

If you are good enough to beat Shavey on the weekend I am happy to play you anywhere any time.

Bring it on !!!!

peter_rs
6th October 2006, 04:15 PM
:)

Iain
6th October 2006, 05:19 PM
Go Shavey vs Stoney......

markTHEblake
7th October 2006, 12:57 AM
All of my comments were valid if the rule was that the final was to be played at the Champs.

Valid :confused: hmm, I'll go out on a limb here and say it was totally uncalled for except for this

the rest is questioning someones integrity and calling them selfish :smt018. Whether its right or wrong nobody deserves to have that stuff hung on them publicly.

If anyones comments were valid i would say they are Scott's, and quite rightly so. And Keza would have been laughing her head off at him trying to type all that with two fingers and several burst blood vessels. wish i was there :smt044
(Scott's a wussy anyway - Keza's the one i wouldnt want to cross)

AndyP
7th October 2006, 07:50 AM
Here's another valid comment:

Move on.

AndyP
26th October 2006, 08:40 AM
As Stoney is not available to play this weekend, the dates for completion of the matchplay competition need to be extended. Otherwise we'll have a winner with two consecutive walkovers, and three altogether, which is far from ideal.

If there is an extension, then I think it is best that the semi-final between Shavey and ScottyG is reinstated also.

Guys, please try to complete these matches as soon as possible, so we can have a final winner.

Of course, we could just apply the rules in place and make Shavey's opponent in the final, the loser from Stoney's semi-final match............

goughy
27th October 2006, 05:28 AM
I was thinking along the same lines as you andy. Just extend the finish and start again at the semi-final. This isn't the way it wants to go is it?

shavey
27th October 2006, 05:51 PM
I'm not fussed either way as I have explained to Stoney and Scotty.

Nobody wants to win by default.

I hope Scotty and I can coordinate our matchplay sooner rather than later so the final may be played at Lakelands on 9th December.

Stoney
27th October 2006, 08:31 PM
I am more than happy with that,

Shavey let me know if you can sort something with ScottyG. If not lets schedule the final for the Lakelands game in December.

AndyP
27th October 2006, 08:55 PM
There's a big OZgolf day at Gailes the weekend before with the BBQ that would be good for the final, as there are plenty of us there. Pretty neutral too.

AndyP
14th December 2006, 02:06 PM
Do you guys mind if I keep the medal for myself?

BrisWesty
14th December 2006, 06:52 PM
Nah Andy, if we keep going it'll do for the 2006/7 Matchplay championship, just in time for the 2007 ozgolf champs!

BrisWesty
21st January 2007, 09:29 PM
Bump - is this over yet?

AndyP
21st January 2007, 09:44 PM
No.

Jarro
22nd January 2007, 04:05 AM
Shouldn't it be ???

Moe Norman
22nd January 2007, 07:12 AM
Just declare AP the winner and get it over with.

markTHEblake
17th April 2007, 11:28 AM
I think Shavey should be the winner as he was the only one left in it that was still playing Ozgolf

Stoney
30th April 2007, 08:15 AM
I tried to contact Shavey a couple of times but I think he must be as busy a I am.

Perhaps we should just do Rock, Paper, Scissors over the phone.

I am still keen to play to get some sort of result.

Jarro
30th April 2007, 08:56 AM
Dick, your punting fascination is quite disturbing

Stoney
1st May 2007, 10:32 AM
I think a puntoff is a better idea.
Give them a ton each (out of the ozgolf slush fund) and declare the winner at 5pm on Saturday arvo.

Dick, that is the best idea I have heard this year. Who do i send my account edetails to?

But seriously, has anyone heard from Shavey, I would like to get a result.

AndyP
1st May 2007, 10:49 AM
Shavey has been here and has played a couple of OZgolf rounds.

BrisVegas
1st May 2007, 10:57 AM
shavey has changed jobs stoney, so may not be reachable via email.

Moe Norman
1st May 2007, 10:58 AM
anyone seen or heard from Azza?

dc68
1st May 2007, 11:03 AM
Nah just take a walkover Moe............ ;)

Stoney
2nd May 2007, 12:21 PM
Shavey has been here and has played a couple of OZgolf rounds.

Thanks for the insightful response Andy :?

Shavey and I have been in contact, I am sure there will be a Rock off any time soon!