PDA

View Full Version : nett or off the bat?

simmsy
12th March 2014, 10:26 PM
if you were playing in a state event and playing off scratch along with everyone else in the field, for your bets with your mates would you make the rule that you play off caps for money?

even though it is a stroke, no caps event?

interested in everyone's findings.

:)

Johnny Canuck
13th March 2014, 12:00 AM
Funny timing, Simms.

I had a mate challenge me to nett results for a similar style even recently.

We tied day one, but on day two I whipped his ass and didn't even need the extra two shots.

Golfnut
13th March 2014, 12:59 AM
Day 1 - JC
Day 2 - UC?

bergsey
13th March 2014, 01:11 AM
JC tied for 54th I see ?

sms316
13th March 2014, 05:07 AM
I played a bloke in match play last year and he insisted on claiming his 3 shots head start despite playing off the stick the previous time.

androooo
13th March 2014, 06:40 AM
What's a handicap? ;)

Marto65
13th March 2014, 09:07 AM
if you were playing in a state event and playing off scratch along with everyone else in the field, for your bets with your mates would you make the rule that you play off caps for money?

Sounds like someone trying to take advantage of you mate ... you with your bad back and everything ...

hocko
13th March 2014, 09:19 AM

Love it!
I had the same conversation with a guy yesterday at the range not long before I shot 87 in said state event.

simmsy
13th March 2014, 09:54 AM
Was said guy shanking everything prior to his round.

simmsy
13th March 2014, 09:59 AM
And 87!
Saw the results last night Hocko.

Can you give the ppl a run through on what happened on 12 please. :)

hocko
13th March 2014, 09:59 AM
No, I think I may have been talking to said opponent?

Johnny Canuck
13th March 2014, 10:06 AM
Was said guy shanking everything prior to his round.

I have never been so scared to start a round after the range display. Never, ever been a shanker. 1st range ball, parking lot. 3 more in the next 10-12 balls.

hocko
13th March 2014, 10:07 AM
And 87!
Saw the results last night Hocko.

Can you give the ppl a run through on what happened on 12 please. :)
Of course.
Par 3 about 136mts to pin, rediculously sloping green from back to front, front pin.
Hit nine iron to back left bunker, got out of bunker with a skinny wedge into opposite bunker and noticed there was not much sand in first bunker.
decided to dig a bit deeper to get next shot out of bunker, i did this three times before ball was hit into original bunker.
Wedge out of bunker to 30ft from pin and had a couple of putts just to make sure my day was completely ruined.
Starting your first three holes with double, double and quintuple bogies does not make your day enjoyable.

Marto65
13th March 2014, 10:08 AM
Of course.
Par 3 about 136mts to pin, rediculously sloping green from back to front, front pin.
Hit nine iron to back left bunker, got out of bunker with a skinny wedge into opposite bunker and noticed there was not much sand in first bunker.
decided to dig a bit deeper to get next shot out of bunker, i did this three times before ball was hit into original bunker.
Wedge out of bunker to 30ft from pin and had a couple of putts just to make sure my day was completely ruined.
Starting your first three holes with double, double and quintuple bogies does not make your day enjoyable.

Good bounceback mate ...

Johnny Canuck
13th March 2014, 10:09 AM
JC tied for 54th I see ?

T44! Listed as 54 with count back system in place.

hocko
13th March 2014, 10:11 AM
Good bounceback mate ...

Gee, thanks mate.

simmsy
13th March 2014, 10:12 AM
Oh well hocks. Load up on bourbon pre round and unleash today.

hocko
13th March 2014, 10:16 AM
Oh well hocks. Load up on bourbon pre round and unleash today.

Just going to try and shoot a score.
I had a personal expectation of being in the top 70, I will have to play golf today to achieve that now.

hocko
13th March 2014, 10:23 AM
JC tied for 54th I see ?

Michael Dennis shot 66 yesterday.
5 shots clear!

Shortylook
13th March 2014, 10:31 AM
Of course.
You having a go at my golf are you Hocko

Johnny Canuck
13th March 2014, 10:37 AM
According to Michael Dennis, the greens were stimping at 13.5.

That is getting close to Mt Lolly territory.

simmsy
13th March 2014, 10:39 AM
That is in silly territory

Jackson
13th March 2014, 10:41 AM
Is this at Royal Perth?

simmsy
13th March 2014, 10:44 AM
Correct

hocko
13th March 2014, 10:49 AM
You having a go at my golf are you Hocko

Haha, I'll leave that to you Shortstack.
Today is another day

hocko
13th March 2014, 10:50 AM
According to Michael Dennis, the greens were stimping at 13.5.

That is getting close to Mt Lolly territory.

Yep, stupid fast and stupid soft.
Even my spikes are leaving indentations on the greens.

Johnny Canuck
13th March 2014, 10:51 AM
Yep, stupid fast and stupid soft.
Even my spikes are leaving indentations on the greens.

Being in the last group, there were some brutal greens to contend with.

bergsey
13th March 2014, 11:12 AM
T44! Listed as 54 with count back system in place.

Great effort mate.

graham_w
13th March 2014, 11:35 AM
What's a handicap? ;)

+4 for you mate

androooo
13th March 2014, 11:38 AM
+4 for you mate

Cunny funt...

G.K
13th March 2014, 12:09 PM
Of course.

Sounds like that hole was played in G.K style regulation as far as the bunkers are concerned! As you said in another post Hocko, today is another day!

Solid finish by JC with birdie, birdie.

Play well today gents!

Marto65
13th March 2014, 12:25 PM
Is that the WA Amateur?

Is Rubin playing?

androooo
13th March 2014, 12:37 PM
I know when we had the Interstate Series there a few years back, the greens were mega soft and silly quick.

Any short iron hit off those fairways was almost certain to spin 15-20 feet

Coldtopper
13th March 2014, 12:49 PM
Everything bet is off the bat leave the handicaps at the gate thank you!!!!!! Gambling is illegal at Bushwood.......

Hatchman
13th March 2014, 01:22 PM
Haha, I'll leave that to you Shortstack.
Today is another day

Just don't say "I can't shoot worse than that today". That Murphy guy will surely sneak up and grab ya.