PDA

View Full Version : Today's dilemma..

Lagerlover
11th March 2014, 07:01 PM
had the family car in to get TUNEd up yesterday morning at 9, service and fix identified oil leak

went on hoist at 2.30, be ready by five. found that front bearings need to be replaced...all good have it all done, clean engine bay and take it for a run mid morning today and check for any further leaks.

rang them at five this afternoon, as i was getting ULTRA concerned. told that the task that was to take three hours has proven difficult, and they had to complete today's cars...

i would have thought yesterday's leftovers are today's priorities...we're now without a car for the third day, and still along way from a final time or amount.

do we have the right to contact the franchises head office?

Lucasto23
11th March 2014, 07:02 PM
Yes you damn well do!!! That is piss poor service and your car should have been first up this morning

live4golf
11th March 2014, 07:03 PM
Who did you get this done through? - I have heard good things about Ultratune, maybe use them next time?

Lagerlover
11th March 2014, 07:06 PM
Who did you get this done through? - I have heard good things about Ultratune, maybe use them next time? i didn't even give them a thought... do you know if they have a service centre at CLEVELAND in queensland ?

live4golf
11th March 2014, 07:13 PM
:)

Definitely worth chasing this up, that is terrible service.

mike
11th March 2014, 08:00 PM
What is the task they're having trouble with? The wheel bearings or oil leak or something else?

Hatchman
11th March 2014, 08:01 PM
Very poor form by them, not good enough.

Lagerlover
11th March 2014, 08:05 PM
What is the task they're having trouble with? The wheel bearings or oil leak or something else?

Wheel bearings done. Only one half of rocker cover done...

Just been advised that they were one mechanic down until 1pm. Again thinking clear the backlog first.

Planning to ring the franchise customer service dept in morning.

mike
11th March 2014, 08:14 PM
1. Existing jobs should take priority. BUT ...

2. Any extra work they found should have been re-booked at a later date if they couldn't fit it in.

3. In their defence those rocker cover gaskets can be an absolute bastard to get out of the rocker cover. They go hard and brittle and stick in there like pitch and have to be hacked out piece by piece. Seems they've quoted on something that has taken longer and has bitten them on the arse.

Lagerlover
11th March 2014, 08:40 PM
Thanks Mike,

They did say the book shows 3 hours all up for the rocker cover.

I'm just very concerned as to how much this whole thing will cost us.

They also mentioned timing gear until I told them that was done in the last major service 45K ago...apparently all history of our vehicle went with the last franchisee.

mike
11th March 2014, 09:36 PM
Let me know what they charge you. Even if the above mentioned problems occur it should never take more than 3 hrs to do rocker cover gaskets on a Challenger. I'm interested to know which 'book' says it's a 3 hour job.If all goes well I can do it in under an hour.

Wasn't it booked in originally for a 'service and fix identified oil leak'? On the hoist at 2.30 and promised by 5? Given their 3 hr quote that doesn't add up.

Or am I missing something?

mike
11th March 2014, 09:37 PM
btw shonky mechanics really piss me off.

Hux
11th March 2014, 09:50 PM
You should have jacked up the broken aerial and
driven a decent car under it.

Lagerlover
11th March 2014, 09:56 PM
Let me know what they charge you. Even if the above mentioned problems occur it should never take more than 3 hrs to do rocker cover gaskets on a Challenger. I'm interested to know which 'book' says it's a 3 hour job.If all goes well I can do it in under an hour.

Wasn't it booked in originally for a 'service and fix identified oil leak'? On the hoist at 2.30 and promised by 5? Given their 3 hr quote that doesn't add up.

Or am I missing something?

I hear you.

Lagerlover
11th March 2014, 09:56 PM
You should have jacked up the broken aerial and
driven a decent car under it.

I hear you too.