PDA

View Full Version : Pup's Mum and his fundraising

Grunt
9th March 2014, 07:13 AM
Hi Guys

I know he no longer get on here but Pup's mum has a battle with the dreaded C and he has decided to raise some funds for Cancer research. See below for details.

To all my good friends out there,

Most of you know that we are going through some extremely difficult and trying times here back in Sydney.

My beautiful mother was diagnosed with a non-differential Carcinoma back in December 13' in the jaw/cheek region, and unfortunately her health keeps declining at a rapid rate.

It is the most gut wrenching thing to see my mums health decline daily in front of my very eyes. I love her so much, and I am not sure how much longer I will get to show her just how much I do love her. The feeling of not knowing how much longer we have is the scariest thing of all. I am not ashamed at all to say it has brought me to tears quite frequently. Just getting through our day to day routine is quite often a struggle.

Mum has just started to lose her hair having just finished the second week of her gruelling 5 weeks of radiation and chemotherapy. I wish I could say the cancer is shrinking in its growth, but unfortunately it has spread throughout mums system and looks to be terminal.

Over the last 18 months I've been working quite hard on my fitness regime under the guidance of my fantastic personal trainer, Johnathan Donaghy (https://www.facebook.com/johnathan.donaghy.98) who runs Lifestyle Benefits. I would have found it all too easy to quit my training with everything that is happening. I seriously contemplated it. Instead of taking the easy way out, I am actually pushing harder than ever before, training between 10 and 12 times in order to win the "12 Week Body Transformation Challenge" with Genesis Parramatta. I am doing this for my mum. She wants me to try my best so I am putting in 100% for her.

We have started a fundraiser to try and raise some money for our cause. I really hope many of you can donate to my cause. Any and every cent helps us, and more importantly eases the burden on my mother. Again, every single dollar and cent counts, so please donate.

I would appreciate it immensely if you would share this status. Amongst my amazing circle of friends, I know if we can get this out there the donations could really come in strong. So please, do share my status and let's get this out there!

Further down the track I am looking at some other fundraising ideas, probably the main one being shaving my head. Any ideas are welcomed.

Thanks for reading this. At the end if the day I truly appreciate all the support I am getting from you guys out there.

http://www.mycause.com.au/page/doitforhilda

ParMaster
15th March 2014, 05:33 PM
Thanks for posting this Grant. The support we are receiving by everyone is much appreciated, however we are still aiming towards of achieving our goal of 2 thousand dollars. If you are able to donate then that would be great. Any amount will help us get closer to that amount.