PDA

View Full Version : Pi5 Wilson

connico
7th February 2006, 12:22 PM
For people that havnt hit any of the new wilson staff gear i recommend having a look, they arnt all the expensive but they sure are pure. i got to take a demo set of Pi5 out for 9 and god they where pure..

Im considering them puttong on the list of clubs i want, sadly they are alittle bigger, as in during address than im looking for, but they are every classic in looks, thin topline, well balanced...not the mention the shafts on them seem pretty consistent. Nice high ball flight with a very neutral offset. 160 a club..isnt bad at all...im considering it, but just wondering does anyone here play wilson staff gear??? i tried thier balls but they just plain sucked...

McMw
7th February 2006, 12:36 PM
I have a set of the Pi5s with DGS300...
not the easiest set to hit, esp the long irons, but looks good at address...

a bit too upright for me, was considering bringing it to perth to get it bent flatter - but being cast - the risk of breaking it is quite high...

but u're right - got it for a steal!!!

connico
7th February 2006, 01:58 PM
yeah they are freaking cheap, no one is buying them...not like the fat shaft irons a few years back, dad has a old RM set that i played with a few times...freaking fat shaft theory isnt that bad...not much torque on the shaft so you hitting pretty sqaure at impact

3oneday
7th February 2006, 02:19 PM
160 a club..isnt bad at all...is that yen ???

McMw
7th February 2006, 02:55 PM
got mine (used but condi is like 8.5/10) for abt 500bucks shipped from the states...not complaining... :)
it's prob slightly cheaper than that... :mrgreen:

connico
7th February 2006, 03:19 PM
160 no its aud, but thats retail new...you can pick them up for less than that if you look, i saw it one place for 130 new...i know i can pick them up used at a really good price...500-600 a full set off ebay...but meh..no one is selling them in australia :)

3oneday
7th February 2006, 03:24 PM
160 no its aud, but thats retail new...you can pick them up for less than that if you look, i saw it one place for 130 new...cheers....;)