PDA

View Full Version : Question iPad format

BrettM
4th March 2014, 06:41 AM
Why is it when I type a response on an iPad with paragraphs, that when it is posted it comes out in one long sentence?

Captain Nemo
4th March 2014, 06:42 AM
Good question, same here and from my phone?
Is it something to do with the lite version?

goughy
4th March 2014, 07:33 AM
Samsung probably sued apple over rights to the carriage return!

BenM
4th March 2014, 07:44 AM
It is a known problem with the lite version, it's why I switched to Tapatalk.

sms316
4th March 2014, 08:09 AM
Why use the light version when on an iPad anyway?

goughy
4th March 2014, 08:11 AM
Probably just happens automatically with the safari browser being recognised by the site as a mobile device browser. Hasn't bothered to scroll down and select the full site.

Daves
4th March 2014, 08:14 AM
What Goughy said.

AndyP
4th March 2014, 08:31 AM
It is a known problem with the lite version, it's why I switched to Tapatalk.This is it. The lightweight style has a bug that isn't worth pursuing. You are better off going to the full version on an iPad or using Tapatalk (or ForumRunner, if that's your thing).

Captain Nemo
4th March 2014, 08:32 AM
Yep, i run full version on ipad and have no issues, just on the iphone.

davepuppies
4th March 2014, 08:39 PM
Yep, running full version on my iPad, no problems...... Never liked the lite version anyway.

bergsey
5th March 2014, 12:02 AM
Can you 'force' the full version on iPad instead of selecting each time?

goughy
5th March 2014, 07:22 AM
Yeah, I don't know. Not sure if you can really do that in android either! Don't know if you can do this in safari, but in many android browsers you can set the 'user agent' to desktop and that should pull up the full version, but then that would pull up the full version of most sites. Maybe there is a setting in safari that does the same (in mobile chrome browser it's setting is 'request desktop site')

G.K
5th March 2014, 12:10 PM
Can you 'force' the full version on iPad instead of selecting each time?

I have the site saved as a bookmark on my iPad and it always goes straight to the full version without having to specifically select it each time. The link below is what I have it saved as if its any help.

http://www.ozgolf.net/forum.php?styleid=29