PDA

View Full Version : G'day golfers

steverawlo
6th February 2006, 08:27 PM
I sell a putter on eBay to BrisVegas and look where it leads me!!

I have spent some time reading some old threads and, judging by some of the crappola I have read, I'm sure I'll fit right in.

Getting out for a hit is my biggest obstacle but once I'm out there, it's all good. Off 11 these days but have been down as low as 4 ten years ago when there was no mortgage, baby, fiance etc.

Hope to see some of you at an Ozgolf day in the future.

Moe Norman
6th February 2006, 08:28 PM
welcome mate.

that putter did dion the world of good on sunday, got any drivers?? ;)

steverawlo
6th February 2006, 08:40 PM
Not at the moment mate. Still belting around with an old King Cobra myself but looking to upgrade. Need a stiff shaft + permission from the minister for finance.

Grunt
6th February 2006, 08:43 PM
Welcome Steve, enjoy the show

drunken
6th February 2006, 08:47 PM
Howdy Howdy Howdy

steverawlo
6th February 2006, 08:57 PM
Grunt, drunk, cheers for the hospitality.

Would be keen to play an event early March in Brissy if there's any in the works. Gotta get myself into this matchplay for 2007! It's the purest form of the game in my book.

Moe Norman
6th February 2006, 09:04 PM
there's a game at North Lakes in March mate.

As for drivers, I'll be selling a Mizuno or a Taylor Made pretty soon - both with stiff shafts ;)

steverawlo
6th February 2006, 09:09 PM
Keep me posted on the drivers Moe.

Will have to put in for leave pass for North Lakes.

markTHEblake
6th February 2006, 10:13 PM

Thats a damn fine way to get new recruits to our website.

Next time i sell stuff on Ebay, I am gunna include a Link/Logo for Ozgolf.net

BrisVegas
6th February 2006, 10:14 PM
Hey Steve, good to hear from you. North Lakes will be huge, especially if we can get 20+ players. I think AndyP was gonna organise a day at the MacLeod Cup in March too? I think it was March anyway. I try and get to a couple of ozgolf.net games each month, typically on Sundays in Open comps. Maybe you can host us all out at Ipswich sometime this year.

Jarro
6th February 2006, 10:27 PM
Welcome Steve.

AndyP
7th February 2006, 12:07 AM
Welcome aboard the crappola train that is OZgolf, Steve.

You'll start with just the occasional OZgolf round, then there'll be a few more, before you know it, you'll be playing almost every week with these dills. At least that's what happened to me.

AndyP
7th February 2006, 12:09 AM
I think AndyP was gonna organise a day at the MacLeod Cup in March too? I think it was March anyway.
McLeod Cup - April 8. Put it in your diaries, people.

Moe Norman
7th February 2006, 12:58 AM
are men allowed to play?

AndyP
7th February 2006, 01:17 AM
Ummm, no. We all put on skirts for the day, even Shazza. It's our annual OZgolf fancy dress round.

It's a BDGA fixture event.

Jarro
7th February 2006, 07:57 AM
McLeod Cup - April 8. Put it in your diaries, people.

no need to if it's in the calendar

BrisVegas
7th February 2006, 08:37 AM
steverawlo - if you're keen for a game this Sunday at Wynnum, shavey is looking for a game too, so you guys could join up. We got 3 groups already from 6:56 - 7:17am so if you wanna catch up, you could play sometime around then. Just a thought...

Here's the thread :-
http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?p=77266#post77266

steverawlo
7th February 2006, 10:33 AM
Already playing Monthly Medal up at Bribie on Saturday. We make a weekend of it and stay up at the oldies place.

Got a wedding to go to out in the sticks at Jandowae on April 8 but North Lakes does sound like a goer. Will probably bring a mate along too.

AndyP
7th February 2006, 10:52 AM
Do we have an early favourite for the OZgolf Champs? Sounds like Steve is pretty familiar with Bribie....

steverawlo
7th February 2006, 03:40 PM
I was a member for 10 years at Bribie but I can't remember the last time I broke 80 there. So, consider me 100-1 and blowing out.

Jarro
7th February 2006, 05:02 PM
no secrets to Bribie, you just have to hit fairways if you wanna score well ;)

pretty much like every other course really.

steverawlo
7th February 2006, 05:22 PM
Most putts are straighter than they appear at Bribie. I've played with plenty of visitors who read too much into them

Trung
7th February 2006, 06:45 PM
welcome steve