PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Ambrose - Pennant Hills - Fri. 28/03/2014

Dotty
3rd March 2014, 10:47 AM
As mentioned in the NSW Ambrose Challenge thread ...

Pennant Hills GC, 12.30pm shotgun start on Fri. 28/03/2014.
(Sausage sizzle lunch at 11.30am. Cheese platters and presentation afterwards.)
$50 per visitor ($30 per member)
This is a fundraiser for our trainee pro. to help with expenses to try qualify for the pro tour.
Note. Greens are scheduled to be cored three days AFTER this event.

Interest has been high, as $50 is less than the usual visitor/guest rate. (Still 8 team slots available on a 'first payment in' basis, and the organiser is about to chase up the tyre-kickers.)

If interested in putting together a team of mates, then send a PM with your email address and I'll send you an entry form and contact details. (Forms already sent to Jado and Dangals.)

Sturatd147 has shown interest, so I'll buy a timeslot, so we can put an OzGolf team together.

Stuartd147
3rd March 2014, 10:49 AM
I am in!!

Dotty
3rd March 2014, 10:52 AM
1. Stuartd147
2. Dotty

Note. A mate has a team already that will take me, so if there are 4 confirmed OzGolfers, then I can step aside.

Dangals
3rd March 2014, 10:53 AM
I am out unfortunately - just found out this morning work want me to run a training session that day... bummed as I was looking forward to this.

Captain Nemo
3rd March 2014, 11:21 AM
Dotty, pencil just waiting to here from the CFO....

JADO75
3rd March 2014, 12:29 PM
I'm in please

Dotty
3rd March 2014, 06:44 PM
1. Stuartd147
2. Dotty
3. Titleist (pencil)
4. Jado75

Captain Nemo
3rd March 2014, 06:54 PM
Dotty I'm 100% in
8-)

Dotty
3rd March 2014, 07:05 PM
1. Stuartd147
2. Dotty
3. Titleist
4. Jado75

Send me a PM with GolfLink number, phone number and email address, and I'll add it to the entry form.

Just fix me up with cash on the day, and bring a little extra for raffle tickets, NTP betting, auctions, etc.

The Castaway
4th March 2014, 10:57 AM
Hi guys
I'll happily stand as 'back-up', in case of the unforseen.
Cheers

Dotty, hopefully you still have my number, if needed.

Dotty
19th March 2014, 09:37 PM
Nine days to go. The course is looking good, at Greenkeeper's Challenge today, where they tricked the course up as much as possible.

Dotty
28th March 2014, 07:58 PM
Brilliant day, re. organisation, company and the weather.

Jado found that his dance card was double-booked, so he strategically organised super-sub The Castaway for the day. 12 under 59 would have won gross, but our 53 net was good enough for second, with a Footjoy shirt, glove and a couple of Pro V1 each.

We chatted with Rob's dad on the way out, and slipped our leftover drinking money into their collection. (I'll email Rob about OzGolf.net, just in case he needs some friendly Aussie banter, as he tries to qualify for the Canadian Tour over the next month or so.)

Stu, Titty, Castaway, many thanks for the support and an opportunity to showcase Pennant Hills. As Stu said, the only level stance would be playing off one of the bridges.

ps. At 12 under, thanks for the bragging rights around the club for the next 6 months.

mrbluu
28th March 2014, 08:13 PM
Good work guys

JADO75
28th March 2014, 08:31 PM
Glad you had a great day boys, cheers Castaway for filling in.
I had a charity day for some kids to go to the Special Olympics at my home track Penrith, plenty of $$ raised & the weather co-operated.
Our score was good enough for scratch if there was one but not good enough to deal with the burglars claiming a 27hcp, we got done by 3.

Stuartd147
28th March 2014, 08:40 PM
Thanks Dotty, great day, great company, nice weather and a fantasticly presented golf course (where no hole is flat!)....and congratulations goes to "the man" Tits for his single handed eagle on the 3rd 466m Par 5th.....great tee shot, belted 4 wood to 3 metres and holed the putt, thanks for coming!!! .....Stu

Captain Nemo
28th March 2014, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the invite Dotty, it was a pleasure to play.
To the Sydney Ozgolf Brethren if you haven't played Pennant Hills, you are truly missing out.
I'm not sure where this rates in courses in oz, but it's got to be one of the better layouts in Sydney, NSW period.
Outstanding conditioning, even with all the rain, and some very good looking golf holes.
I hope the young fella raised some nice coin and wish him all the best in his ambition to make it on Tour.
Oh, and you forgot to mention the "sole" eagle I made.... :)

Captain Nemo
28th March 2014, 08:45 PM
Thanks Dotty, great day, great company, nice weather and a fantasticly presented gold course (where no hole is flat!)....and congratulations goes to "the man" Tits for his single handed eagle on the 3rd 466m Par 5th.....great tee shot, belted 4 wood to 3 metres and holed the putt, thanks for coming!!! .....Stu
I thought we where going to say it was 566m ! :)

Dotty
28th March 2014, 09:13 PM
Oh, and you forgot to mention the "sole" eagle I made.... :)
Sorry, I thought you got those every outing. :)

'On for two' at 466m with wet kikuyu is still a great effort.
Ditto, everyone efforts when the pressure was on, including our good friend Mr. Mulligan.

KristianJ
28th March 2014, 10:03 PM
Bob was there???