PDA

View Full Version : Installing a shaft tip help/offer

Hidepenny
2nd March 2014, 11:23 AM
Hi,

I'm wanting to buy a driver shaft off from live4golf, unfortunately it's gotta TM tip, is there any ozgolfer in Melbourne eastern or south eastern can help change the tip to a titty one which I do have and currently installed on a truetemper shaft in good condition

In return I hope to offer the TM tip along with the truetemper shaft for your special service

Thanks for reading

chappy1970
2nd March 2014, 11:56 AM
Happy to help out if you need assistance

navierStoked
2nd March 2014, 12:26 PM
Likewise; workshop in Burwood

Coldtopper
2nd March 2014, 01:08 PM
Hey HP, take up Chappys offer! The best golf club mechanic in Victoria!

oldracer
2nd March 2014, 02:19 PM
Hey HP, take up Chappys offer! The best golf club mechanic in Victoria! +1

TheNuclearOne
2nd March 2014, 02:53 PM
+1

Chappy generously helped out oldracer and myself when a club i sold (to oldracer) developed a rattle not long after he got it. Saved us sending the club back and forth interstate. He did a first class job on an often tricky fix and is a real gentleman.

chappy1970
2nd March 2014, 03:19 PM
Unfortunately John, the bloody rattle has re appeared, although I suspect I know what the reason for it.
Al will drop it back to me for fixing when it's convenient. On a positive note for him, the driver seems to be sorted now. The Diamana is a fairway finder Al tells me :)

TheNuclearOne
2nd March 2014, 03:32 PM
Unfortunately John, the bloody rattle has re appeared, although I suspect I know what the reason for it.
Al will drop it back to me for fixing when it's convenient. On a positive note for him, the driver seems to be sorted now. The Diamana is a fairway finder Al tells me :)

Bugger! Something will have to be persuaded out of the head by the sounds of it. It will be a hosel plug that's got thru or a bit of wled that's chipped off. Let me know how you go again.

chappy1970
2nd March 2014, 03:38 PM
Will do, I built it and must have swung it at least 20 times, no rattle, no noise at all.
I didn't hit a ball with it though, I never do.

I suspect the tip weight I used may have com adrift and that is the rattle. Will only when I remove the shaft

TheNuclearOne
2nd March 2014, 03:55 PM
Ok mate, will leave it in your capable hands, cheers again.

Hidepenny
2nd March 2014, 04:33 PM
Great. Thanks guys, I've dealt with chappy before, let me talk to live4golf to finalize the transaction and will get in touch with you. Cheers