PDA

View Full Version : Mature Age PGA Traineeships. Should I or shouldn't I?

tifob
14th February 2014, 12:03 PM
I'm 34 and am seriously considering doing a PGA traineeship.

I live on a golf course, am able to practice at night, and have a deep desire to pursue a career in golf. I don't have grandiose dreams of becoming a touring pro; or even going to Q school. I do however have the inner belief and natural talent to be very, very good at the game.

What I'm really looking for is a change of career. One that has longevity and can enable me to coach in my later years. My current profession has a limited life-span. I'm passionate about golf and extremely dedicated to the process of improvement.

On the off chance that I'm able to continue to improve, (as I have been) during my traineeship - and beyond. I hope that one day I'm able to be competitive in in state or national comps.

My question however are to those how may have undertaken such a path.

How hard is it to actually find work after the traineeship? How much money could a PGA pro make medium based golf clubs around Australia?

sms316
14th February 2014, 12:11 PM
You don't need to be much of a golfer to pass the playing component of a traineeship.

What you need to ask yourself is what you want to do afterwards. If you have a desire to teach, then by all means go for it. If you just want to play pro ams and lesser events then go to Tour School (or whatever they call it these days).

Dotty
14th February 2014, 12:11 PM
Tourfit would be best to answer that.

You may need to send him a PM. (He doesn't log on much now that he is working full-time outside the golf industry.)

Captain Nemo
14th February 2014, 12:16 PM
Follow your dreams......
;)

spanner039
14th February 2014, 12:39 PM
your nuts!! oh and follow your dream

Can you afford it? last time i looked trainees got paid about the same as the kids that picked up range balls

tifob
14th February 2014, 01:38 PM
You don't need to be much of a golfer to pass the playing component of a traineeship. What you need to ask yourself is what you want to do afterwards. If you have a desire to teach, then by all means go for it. If you just want to play pro ams and lesser events then go to Tour School (or whatever they call it these days).Yeah I'd love to coach. I've studied linguistics and personal coaching. So it's something I'm familiar with and passionate about.

tifob
14th February 2014, 01:40 PM
your nuts!! oh and follow your dream Can you afford it? last time i looked trainees got paid about the same as the kids that picked up range balls I have heard that you can negotiate your wage with each particular club if they're flexible. I've been told by the pga that not all clubs pay the base wage for first second or third years. It would be a struggle at 13ph but I have a spouse who is willing to support me a little

tifob
14th February 2014, 01:41 PM
Tourfit would be best to answer that. You may need to send him a PM. (He doesn't log on much now that he is working full-time outside the golf industry.) Cheers dotty

Shadesy
14th February 2014, 01:58 PM
How good are you at up selling pies?

tifob
14th February 2014, 02:00 PM
How good are oh are at up selling pies? Pretty good I'm a chef by trade lol

wazandnic
14th February 2014, 02:01 PM
How good are oh are at up selling pies?

Should this be in the drunk thread? 8)

backintheswing
14th February 2014, 02:02 PM
What are you playing off now?

tifob
14th February 2014, 02:05 PM

3oneday
14th February 2014, 02:08 PM
If you were + something I'd say go for it.

spanner039
14th February 2014, 02:34 PM
I have a spouse who is willing to support me a little

Wow !!! how did you find one of them?

markTHEblake
14th February 2014, 02:44 PM
You want to spend 3 years doing Slave labour?

You are better off doing the PGA IGI program. I understand it is Austudy funded

Dotty
14th February 2014, 02:46 PM
Yossarian has nearly finished his IGA traineeship.

JADO75
14th February 2014, 03:04 PM
I've got a mate that is 30 going for an interview next week, he has the talent, wife is somewhat understanding & he doesn't want to have regrets later that he didn't give it a go. It's a big call mate, best of luck whichever way you go. You could practise or 16 years & try the Seniors Tour?

markTHEblake
14th February 2014, 03:08 PM
Plenty of older guys are doing the IGI program. And most people doing it are choppers

backintheswing
14th February 2014, 03:17 PM
If you are off 3 in Mackay, you won't make the 11 man Div 1 pennant side.

Be prepared to work 12 hour days at a minimum, and work every Weekend. Our trainee at my club has Monday and Tuesday off.

The club pros I have known are bored out of their brains in the proshop. Most of them are betting all day on their betting accounts to pass the time while they sell kitkats.

If you really want to do it, go for it, but at least have some idea of the other side of things.

PerryGroves
14th February 2014, 03:24 PM

Not true Dotty, I saw his year 2 results, appalling, he will be repeating.

tifob
14th February 2014, 06:14 PM
Hands up if you actually did a traineeship? So I can get a better idea of those who are jaded and those who are well informed.

backintheswing
14th February 2014, 06:36 PM
I am not jaded, just saying that I am off 4, can't make a country pennant team and you are off 3 and want to turn pro.

If you want to do it, go for it. If you land a head pro job somewhere in 10 years time, you will make a good living, no doubt.

I just wouldn't be expecting to make a lot of cash in pro-ams in the meantime.

tifob
14th February 2014, 06:47 PM
No, I said I was considering a PGA traineeship. For which I'm still seeking knowledgeable advice. I also never said that I thought you, or anyone specifically, were jaded. Funny how you were quick to respond, like someone who may be jaded about something though. Appreciate your input.

backintheswing
14th February 2014, 06:58 PM
You are considering doing a PGA traineeship, which, at the end of it, gives you status as a professional golfer. So yes, your aim is to become a golf pro. Doing the traineeship is the step to becoming a pro.

Anyway, all the best with it. If you want to do it, then do it. I wouldn't take any advice from us on here. Ask someone who knows you really well, knows your game and can give an honest assessment of your chances.

3oneday
14th February 2014, 07:02 PM
That's the problem with asking a forum where less than 10% probably play off single figures.

I started a traineeship, possibly almost 30 years ago. At the end of he day, if you can find a pro who feels you can get to plus and thinks you have the potential to be a good teacher, then go for it.

qbnchopper
14th February 2014, 07:37 PM
I have a golf pro mate - he is 42 and has been in the profession since 17 - he did his traineeship and played the tour, and the proam circuits and has had a few head pro / assistant pro jobs. He recently went to the 20th year anniversary of his graduate year. 50% of the trainee grads were no longer in the industry, those that were in are a couple of head pro's, few assistants and the equipment agents. Jaded is an intersting term - those that are equipment reps are enjoying their job - plenty of variety and interest. Those that are clubbies are sick to death of members and selling mars bars - and generally hate teaching (small sample size of 7) - id call that jaded.

Go for it if its what you want - it would seem to me that you have to have the interest in mars bars and lessons and listening to the same shit from members every week - if you can then you'll be happy. If you have a brain and cant be creative in exercising it, then sitting around a pro-shop all day is problaby going to be tough ...

Hope that helps ...

BTW I'm a jaded cyncial chopper !

markTHEblake
14th February 2014, 07:59 PM
He recently went to the 20th year anniversary of his graduate year. 50% of the trainee grads were no longer in the industry
50% is a pretty good strike rate after 20 years.

mrbluu
14th February 2014, 09:19 PM
I'm confused, do they sell Mars Bars or Kit Kats???

PeteyD
14th February 2014, 09:20 PM
Wish they sold Chokitos

mrbluu
14th February 2014, 09:22 PM
And good luck tifob, I hope it works out for u which ever way u go!!!

hocko
14th February 2014, 09:38 PM
Do you want to teach or play the circuit is the first question.
If you want to teach then follow the dream and do it, just be prepared to earn pretty much nothing during your learning time.
If you want to play the circuit then I will be honest and tell you that you are no way good enough.
Been there and tried that.
Take a trip to the US and hit the range at a college that has a golf scholarship program, this will make you understand where you fit in the "good golfer" ladder.

oldracer
14th February 2014, 09:47 PM
So I guess at 57 and 27cap Hocko I'd be a bit deluded if I reckoned I was hittin em ok????

backintheswing
14th February 2014, 09:49 PM
So I guess at 57 and 27cap Hocko I'd be a bit deluded if I reckoned I was hittin em ok????

Your "profile" says you are already a teaching pro old racer!!!

hocko
14th February 2014, 09:49 PM

Maybe young fella ;)

oldracer
14th February 2014, 10:06 PM
haha Bits, vocation not stated tho!!!! and still feelin young Hocko, or is it who ya feelin keeps you young :roll:

Coldtopper
14th February 2014, 11:59 PM
Hi Tifob, I had 20 years as a PGA pro both here and OS. With 10 years as a club pro selling pies to the weekend warriors delivery ball comp results pretending to be excited about a chopper having 36 pts off their 18 hcp. OR giving a lesson to their bored wife with ass the size of a cow or dreaming of being the next Roy McAvoy. Getting shit from some smart ass 6 handicapper who fluked a better score than you in the mid week comp. Sometimes the cash was good but never as much as my plumber mate. But I travelled the globe, interfered with many ladies and mixed it up with A listers even as a mudfish pro. YOu doing 3 years at 34 yo its too late if you are not good enough for tour school take up another profession. There is no money in golf like the past. And keep golf as fun. I still think that I maybe good enough in a few years to play seniors but then again why there are so many better ways to earn a dollar and you can play in big events as a 'ham eater' if you can really play. Sorry but true...... or look at other jobs in the golf industry if thats of interest.

markTHEblake
15th February 2014, 12:04 AM
CT, do you know Conchita and Rabbit? Both about your age and speed.

Coldtopper
15th February 2014, 12:08 AM
PS, I would say its about 10% who are still in the game. The rest woke up and got a decent job or business! Amen.. Im not jaded or bitter and twisted it just it took me 10 with out touching a golf club to start playing again. My OZ golf mates helped me to realise not all golfers are ~@#$. Thanks guys I love you lots
The reward is not equal to effort.
The industry is in a downhill spin
Most courses in AU are not sustainable
The PGA is a very interesting organization
The chances of getting a teaching job are minimal because of no playing ability.
Playing of a 3 handicap both ways right / left {Mac OGrady style} maybe then! My boss played both ways.
Great for marriage / relationships being a golf pro. Weekend work, hours blah blah
Rehab isn't that bad! I meet some great people there?
If you are still interested Pm me as my mate is a big wig at the PGA and maybe he will say the other stuff but remember the PGA is about making money they welcome and need failures to make profit.

Coldtopper
15th February 2014, 12:10 AM
CT, do you know Conchita and Rabbit? Both about your age and speed. Dont know these names but I would know them.

matty
15th February 2014, 09:42 AM
The interfering was the only positive I saw out of that Coldtopper.

Captain Nemo
15th February 2014, 09:47 AM
That would be the thing that would have got me in trouble as well !
:)

Yossarian
15th February 2014, 11:02 AM

You can take the boy out of the IGA but you can never take the IGA out of the boy.

Hatchman
15th February 2014, 12:14 PM

Coldtopper
15th February 2014, 02:23 PM
The interfering was the only positive I saw out of that Coldtopper. The interfering and removing panties was the best part was never much of a pro golfer so had to make up for it in other ways. Lots of fun Matty! A few mates are still in the golf game. I do sound like a cynical bastard?

Minor_Threat
15th February 2014, 09:50 PM
Have done my traineeship, played on tour and have now given up my membership.

Coldtopper speaks the truth.

I doubt off 3 you would pass the playing requirements!

Captain Nemo
16th February 2014, 09:22 AM
Wondering when you'd pipe up MT, where you been!

Minor_Threat
16th February 2014, 10:02 AM
Wondering when you'd pipe up MT, where you been!

Hey Titty..
Been bloody busy mate, shutdowns at work, renos on house, death in family, missus studying..

Slowly getting back to normal!

Captain Nemo
16th February 2014, 10:04 AM
Cool, good luck with it all, hope to see you on here more...

matty
16th February 2014, 12:08 PM
The interfering and removing panties was the best part was never much of a pro golfer so had to make up for it in other ways. Lots of fun Matty! A few mates are still in the golf game. I do sound like a cynical bastard?

No, you sound like an experienced bastard. It's all rainbows and butterflies if you make it but there is rarely an in-between by the sound of it.

tifob
17th February 2014, 09:42 AM
Have done my traineeship, played on tour and have now given up my membership.

Why have you let your membership lapse?

As for passing the playing requirements. Big call mate.

markTHEblake
17th February 2014, 01:42 PM
As for passing the playing requirements. Big call mate.I don't think its a big call, my handicap is 3 and I am a chopper. There is a huge gap between my playing ability and the level where I could even begin to think about it.

mrbluu
17th February 2014, 01:46 PM
I don't think its a big call, my handicap is 3 and I am a chopper. There is a huge gap between my playing ability and the level where I could even begin to think about it.

I hate to agree with MTB, but even I got down to 3.3 and not in my wildest dreams do I think I'm anywhere near good enough to play for money....Although if I did play for money, I wouldn't have to worry about the Fat Bastards thread ;-)

tifob
17th February 2014, 01:48 PM
Didn't ask you guys. Read the original post illiterate shut he **** up.

Captain Nemo
17th February 2014, 01:50 PM
I think MT has the right to say it, considering he's one of few who have actually been a Pro on this site.
If it where me, id be wanting to be of +4 at a minimum before id even consider it.....

Yossarian
17th February 2014, 01:57 PM
He doesn't want to compete necessarily, he just needs to pass the playing requirement. SMS said that is possible.

Johnny Canuck
17th February 2014, 01:57 PM
Didn't ask you guys. Read the original post illiterate shut he **** up.

You've got the temperament to be bitter selling Kit Kats down already. Go for it!

3oneday
17th February 2014, 02:02 PM
We are pretty illiterate in this "community", should post now before the thread gets closed due to abuse :)

Good luck with the search for what you want to hear. Maybe try www.golfwrx.com.

Captain Nemo
17th February 2014, 02:04 PM
Or ISG, plenty of players over there.
:smt044

tifob
17th February 2014, 02:28 PM
He doesn't want to compete necessarily, he just needs to pass the playing requirement. SMS said that is possible. That's right mate. Love a career in golf even if it's just teaching or working in the industry. I'm over flipping steaks and working over a hot grill.

Icestorm959
17th February 2014, 02:38 PM
Can I bring my popcorn in here? :lol:

sms316
17th February 2014, 03:43 PM
That's right mate. Love a career in golf even if it's just teaching or working in the industry. I'm over flipping steaks and working over a hot grill. I think you only have to average 5 or 6 over par from your best 80% of rounds. You don't need to be too shit hot to do that. The playing component is there to prove that you have some idea about playing. It is a means to and end for you to do other things.

tifob
17th February 2014, 03:48 PM
Well that's good news because I'm averaging less than that already. I'm not worried about the playing component at all. I am worried about paying the bills on a trainee's salary.

Captain Nemo
17th February 2014, 03:50 PM
Well that's good news because I'm averaging less than that already. I'm not worried about the playing component at all. I am worried about paying the bills on a trainee's salary.

I would be really worried about that part also....

Lucasto23
17th February 2014, 03:50 PM
Well keep worrying cause the pay is shit :)

tifob
17th February 2014, 03:56 PM
Yeah like standing on the 18th tee worrying is a good idea too. Guess I should just worry about everything. Then I'll be the bestest coach and player ever. Thanks for the good advice. Oh sorry I meant "crap' advice. Your words are no longer required here. Move on sir.

Lagerlover
17th February 2014, 03:56 PM
I'm over flipping steaks and working over a hot grill.

That's what I said...so I found another job, gave up smoking, and here I am 35kg later.

From what I've seen you're still working weekends and public holidays, and trainees first in and last out...with the added bonus of having the customer whinge to you instead of FOH...:lol:

tifob
17th February 2014, 04:01 PM
So you replaced one problem with another? Well done. We can do some counselling on it if you like? Maybe I can be of some assistance? Although I've never been fat. I just look at fat people and it makes me put my food down. Try it some time.

What you've seen is what you've made up in your head. You've seen nothing of my world only but the words I've written. They are real. Your thoughts about my life are not.

Lagerlover
17th February 2014, 04:06 PM
So you replaced one problem with another? Well done. We can do some counselling on it if you like? Maybe I can be of some assistance? Although I've never been fat. I just look at fat people and it makes me put my food down. Try it some time.

What you've seen is what you've made up in your head. You've seen nothing of my world only but the words I've written. They are real. Your thoughts about my life are not.

wow.. I thought that was the most sensible post I've ever posted.

jaybam, is dunsborough far from albany??

Lagerlover
17th February 2014, 04:08 PM
Anyway, shouldn't you be in service? Or are you one of those real life chefs, with a brigade and stuff?

tifob
17th February 2014, 04:09 PM

You may want to redefine your meaning of sensible. Though I apologize if your were being sincere. It cant be hard to decipher truth from sarcasm from words alone.

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 04:11 PM
Can I bring my popcorn in here? :lol:

Yes, it seems you can!

tifob
17th February 2014, 04:13 PM
Anyway, shouldn't you be in service? Or are you one of those real life chefs, with a brigade and stuff?

No I'm just an imaginary chef. I just pretend to play with food, mostly "playdough".

Waddzy
17th February 2014, 04:16 PM
I think you only have to average 5 or 6 over par from your best 80% of rounds. You don't need to be too shit hot to do that. The playing component is there to prove that you have some idea about playing. It is a means to and end for you to do other things.
I was under the impression its average of 3 with something like your 20 best rounds for the year.. you can play as many rounds as you can afford to get to? Thats how one of the trainees explained it to me.. but hes also a drunk and heading into his 5th year this year, we just had another guy start his traineeship who was playing off +3 previous to starting and my money is on him to finish his traineeship first.

spanner039
17th February 2014, 04:21 PM
As far as I can see there are posts by CT & MT that you really should consider as true and honest opinions by guys that have gone through it.

I get to play in a few trainee events as a sponsor, I do feel sorry for the guys that just can't play ie: struggle to break par. At the end of the day the ones that can't play are just cheap labor for the head pro. I don't know of one trainee at any club were I have been a member or worked at has done much at all with there life, the only successful players were the ones that were very, very good players (+2 under the old system) to start with.

In the meantime ill wait for the popcorn to stop popping

backintheswing
17th February 2014, 04:22 PM
If you become a trainee, I am going to want to come in and sit in the pro-shop on ladies comp day when they start talking to you like you are shit. Should be interesting viewing.

Lucasto23
17th February 2014, 04:23 PM
I was under the impression its average of 3 with something like your 20 best rounds for the year.. you can play as many rounds as you can afford to get to? Thats how one of the trainees explained it to me.. but hes also a drunk and heading into his 5th year this year, we just had another guy start his traineeship who was playing off +3 previous to starting and my money is on him to finish his traineeship first. Your close, you have to play a minimum of 20 rounds and can now average a playing handicap of 5 but need to be off 3 or less to go through the interview process with the PGA.

Bruce Dickinson
17th February 2014, 04:25 PM
I've got a mature age trainee at the moment, definite advantage for him is the course work as he's more focussed on doing well than maybe some of the younger guys. From memory he needs to average 3 over or better over the year to pass the playing component

Captain Nemo
17th February 2014, 04:26 PM
Well all you ****ers have just dashed my hopes and aspirations of becoming a trainee pro too, hope you are all happy with yourselves!
:smt014

mrbluu
17th February 2014, 04:27 PM

jaybam, is dunsborough far from albany??

You may want to redefine your meaning of sensible. Though I apologize if your were being sincere. It cant be hard to decipher truth from sarcasm from words alone.

In LL defence he knows exactly what sensible means and I agree with him that it is one of his most sensible posts!!!

(See LL, I'm always trying to help you brother)

Lagerlover
17th February 2014, 04:29 PM
In LL defence he knows exactly what sensible means and I agree with him that it is one of his most sensible posts!!!

(See LL, I'm always trying to help you brother)

Thx Bruu....I think.

tifob
17th February 2014, 04:29 PM
If you become a trainee, I am going to want to come in and sit in the pro-shop on ladies comp day when they start talking to you like you are shit. Should be interesting viewing.

You can move on too, thanks for your input.

Minor_Threat
17th February 2014, 04:35 PM
Why have you let your membership lapse?

As for passing the playing requirements. Big call mate.

Because I was sick of donating the PGA $1000 a year and getting nothing in return. It was also hindering me from joining a club and getting a handicap to play the odd comp, pennants etc.

In regards to the playing component, sorry if you took offence, but I have seen plenty of 3 markers fail at getting past 1st year (5.75 over this was in 1998, it drops to 5 then 4 over in subsequent years). There is daylight between a 3 marker and a true scratch golfer and more daylight to a plus marker.

Can you go to any course on any day in any confitions and shoot +5 or better from the tips? How do you fair in vardon events for example? Try doing this 40 times a year knowing your assignments due, bills are due and a win would help, your working the next 2 full days straight, your missus wants you to take her out or spend more time with the kids and your boss is whinging your not selling enough snd/or you cost too much to employ.

In regards to wages, they are pitiful. Back in the late ninties, award for a 1st year was less than $250 / week (A bit more if you are mature age ). Someone mentioned bargaining the wage, why would the employer? What do you offer that an 18yo doesn't for double the money.

By all means follow your dreams, I am out because it was playing or nothing for me. Plenty of people making coin giving Beryl and Mavis weekly lessons ag $50 a pop.

PS. Sorry for any spelling or grammar issues, I am typing this on my phone.

3Puttpete
17th February 2014, 04:38 PM
Tifob, don't listen to these clowns. There are more jobs than pros and you're looking at around $100k starting at a small course in a semi-rural area

LeftyHoges
17th February 2014, 04:39 PM
Tifob, don't listen to these clowns. There are more jobs than pros and you're looking at around $100k starting at a small course in a semi-rural area

:lol:

I love this place.

tifob
17th February 2014, 04:42 PM
I didn't take offence. Just like to make people aware of their assumptions.

I've found your reply to be the most enlightening without a cynical viewpoint. Appreciate you taking the time to write it on such a small template. :)

Lagerlover
17th February 2014, 04:43 PM

Finally the voice of reason...

Wouldn't have thought Rosewood was semi-rural??

3Puttpete
17th February 2014, 04:43 PM
I didn't take offence. Just like to make people aware of their assumptions.

I've found your reply to be the most enlightening without a cynical viewpoint. Appreciate you taking the time to write it on such a small template. :)

You're welcome

spanner039
17th February 2014, 04:44 PM
Because I was sick of donating the PGA $1000 a year and getting nothing in return. It was also hindering me from joining a club and getting a handicap to play the odd comp, pennants etc.

In regards to the playing component, sorry if you took offence, but I have seen plenty of 3 markers fail at getting past 1st year (5.75 over this was in 1998, it drops to 5 then 4 over in subsequent years). There is daylight between a 3 marker and a true scratch golfer and more daylight to a plus marker.

Can you go to any course on any day in any confitions and shoot +5 or better from the tips? How do you fair in vardon events for example? Try doing this 40 times a year knowing your assignments due, bills are due and a win would help, your working the next 2 full days straight, your missus wants you to take her out or spend more time with the kids and your boss is whinging your not selling enough snd/or you cost too much to employ.

In regards to wages, they are pitiful. Back in the late ninties, award for a 1st year was less than $250 / week (A bit more if you are mature age ). Someone mentioned bargaining the wage, why would the employer? What do you offer that an 18yo doesn't for double the money.

By all means follow your dreams, I am out because it was playing or nothing for me. Plenty of people making coin giving Beryl and Mavis weekly lessons ag $50 a pop.

PS. Sorry for any spelling or grammar issues, I am typing this on my phone.

Sounds great!!

tifob
17th February 2014, 04:45 PM

Are you taking the piss?

Minor_Threat
17th February 2014, 04:50 PM

You may make $100K if you employ noone and do all day everyday youself.

LarryLong
17th February 2014, 04:52 PM

:smt038:smt038:smt038

I think being a club pro would be like starting this thread every day and not being able to tell the trolls to jog on.

3Puttpete
17th February 2014, 04:53 PM
Are you taking the piss?
I'd rather not answer that.

You may make $100K if you employ noone and do all day everyday youself.

See, told ya

oldracer
17th February 2014, 05:46 PM
AndyC, can we please have the popcorn smiley as an option, would be used very regularly in this thread

tifob
17th February 2014, 05:55 PM
I guess the popcorn thing is like when you try to fit in with the cool kids in high school. Have fun with that.

matty
17th February 2014, 06:08 PM
Are you taking the piss?

If you can't tell you're in for a serious wake up call.

Dotty
17th February 2014, 06:56 PM
Go for it, Tifob.

Just find yourself a one-armed coach and you'll find your happy place.

ps. Don't piss off Bob Barker at the pro-ams.

tifob
17th February 2014, 07:02 PM
Go for it, Tifob. Just find yourself a one-armed coach and you'll find your happy place.ps. Don't piss off Bob Barker at the pro-ams. Don't need a one armed coach. I can play the game with one arm.

sms316
17th February 2014, 07:20 PM
Don't need a one armed coach. I can play the game with one arm. Now you're getting a bit excited. If you read Rotella's books you will soon realise that most punters will tell you that you are crazy and fill your world with negativity. But hey, feel free to talk shit if that's what does it for you.

bdoug10
17th February 2014, 07:28 PM
If you cant handle people being negative online how do you expect to cope with the complaints from the "a" graders who always lose in comp to the high cappers

tifob
17th February 2014, 07:33 PM
I was just joking man. I've read all his books. 10 times over.

I will trust my swing on every shot
I will execute my pre-shot routine on every shot
I will stay in the present moment, I'll focus on each shot as it comes, and that's the only shot I'll care about: when the rounds over, I'll see how I did
I'll refuse to let anything that happens on the golf course today to bother me or upset me
I'll accept bad beaks and mistakes and be tough in adversity
I will be in a good mood and a great state of mind for the entire round, I'll enjoy, playing
I will trust my instincts, be decisive and committed on every shot
I will get looser, freer and more confident as the round goes on; resisting the urge to get tighter, more careful and doubtful
I will love my wedge, and my putter today
I will let the ball go to my target on every shot
I will maintain a constant ideal level of intensity on every shot
I will play to play great, for the entire round

Yep I've read em

Thanks though ill tone down the smart arse

tifob
17th February 2014, 07:36 PM
If you cant handle people being negative online how do you expect to cope with the complaints from the "a" graders who always lose in comp to the high cappers

What leads you to believe that I can't handle complaints?

backintheswing
17th February 2014, 07:38 PM
What leads you to believe that I can't handle complaints?

POTY

Dotty
17th February 2014, 07:40 PM
Golf needs an Australian Idol or My Kitchen Rules style program, rather than traineeships.

bdoug10
17th February 2014, 07:41 PM
What leads you to believe that I can't handle complaints? Just a hunch but it could have something to do with the last 5 pages

bdoug10
17th February 2014, 07:42 PM
Golf needs an Australian Idol or My Kitchen Rules style program, rather than traineeships. Manu "more butter on the mizuno"

tifob
17th February 2014, 07:42 PM
Really would like to thanks those who've offered there opinions an knowledge so far. It's not a decision I'll need to make for the next few months but it's great to be getting different perspectives. Cheers

tifob
17th February 2014, 07:44 PM
Golf needs an Australian Idol or My Kitchen Rules style program, rather than traineeships.

Like an Australian "big break" on golf channel you mean?

markTHEblake
17th February 2014, 07:47 PM

You mean like the reality show that Jason Day won about 7 years ago that was so boring it made Big Brother watchable... for about 5 mins.

3Puttpete
17th February 2014, 07:47 PM
POTY

No chance for player of the year without a champs win I reckon

Jackson
17th February 2014, 07:53 PM
This is a troll right?

timah!
17th February 2014, 08:05 PM
Why are there no sausage rolls in the hot box?

Lagerlover
17th February 2014, 08:30 PM

Kurobuta free range pork freshly ground to order, lovingly encased in our own butter puff pastry. We use the finest imported Lurpak Danish butter, allowing us to give you the maximum lamination possible and adding to your dining experience... tomato sauce 30c extra.

tifob
17th February 2014, 08:30 PM

Sitting here watching a movie and tryin to figure out what this means. Thanks. That's one thing that will come easy to me as a trainee. Looking after the bellies of my clients. It's unconscious for me. 15 years cooking for people. I could make them from scratch and still do my job. You gotta see the positive in everything. If I get time I'll make you a batch and post you one. It maybe cold when it arrives though. I'm sure you're smart enough to operate a microwave though right? Right?

ddasey
17th February 2014, 08:31 PM
Kurobuta free range pork freshly ground to order, lovingly encased in our own butter puff pastry. We use the finest imported Lurpak Danish butter, allowing us to give you the maximum lamination possible and adding to your dining experience... tomato sauce 30c extra.

30c

pfffft.....

tifob
17th February 2014, 08:33 PM
If there was a "Like" button for this post it would've been hit.

backintheswing
17th February 2014, 08:34 PM
We have a little table in front of the pie warmer with free sauce. I hope this 30c for sauce doesn't catch on.

hocko
17th February 2014, 08:38 PM
My current profession has a limited life-span.

What is said profession that has a limited life span?
Serious question.

timah!
17th February 2014, 08:40 PM

Mmm, sounds good. Except for that tomato sauce bit. BBQ FTW!!!

Sitting here watching a movie and tryin to figure out what this means. Thanks. That's one thing that will come easy to me as a trainee. Looking after the bellies of my clients. It's unconscious for me. 15 years cooking for people. I could make them from scratch and still do my job. You gotta see the positive in everything. If I get time I'll make you a batch and post you one. It maybe cold when it arrives though. I'm sure you're smart enough to operate a microwave though right? Right?

I'm not sure. Maybe the radiowaves have messed me up a bit. I'll go ask my mum.

Coldtopper
As far as I can see there are posts by CT & MT that you really should consider as true and honest opinions by guys that have gone through it.

I don't know of one trainee at any club were I have been a member or worked at has done much at all with there life, the only successful players were the ones that were very, very good players (+2 under the old system) to start with.
Thats BS You know heaps that have done lots with their life just not golfing life! You are talking about times in rehab yeah!

bdoug10
What is said profession that has a limited life span?Serious question. Sperm dumpster?

tifob
17th February 2014, 08:42 PM
Chef Hocko

tifob
17th February 2014, 08:44 PM
Mmm, sounds good. Except for that tomato sauce bit. BBQ FTW!!!

I'm not sure. Maybe the radiowaves have messed me up a bit. I'll go ask my mum.

That's the spirit

Coldtopper
17th February 2014, 08:47 PM
Golf needs an Australian Idol or My Kitchen Rules style program, rather than traineeships. Thats so cool! The cast would have to include Wanyo (Hoover) Perske, Mrs Noonans little boy Danny, The Llye titty licker boy, Galappi the CC scamer, The Latrobe GC head pro drug importer as the judges. And then a cast of hopefulls. Guys like Robert Emond highest score ever recored on a hole as a pro in PGA event. And that just to start proceedings.

Johnny Canuck
17th February 2014, 08:51 PM
Chef Hocko

Never trust a skinny chef.

Minor_Threat
17th February 2014, 08:59 PM
This thread has gone a little crazy..

sms316
17th February 2014, 09:00 PM
This thread has gone a little crazy.. A little?

Stuart
17th February 2014, 09:04 PM
You mean like the reality show that Jason Day won about 7 years ago that was so boring it made Big Brother watchable... for about 5 mins.

This one: http://www.cornerbox.com.au/tv_the-cut.html

From memory, Day didn't end up winning the whole thing. But I have largely managed to purge my memory of that show. It took a bit of digging to find the above link.

sms316
17th February 2014, 09:07 PM
This one: http://www.cornerbox.com.au/tv_the-cut.htmlFrom memory, Day didn't end up winning the whole thing. But I have largely managed to purge my memory of that show. It took a bit of digging to find the above link.Day had won just a single PGA Tour event. No surprise he couldn't win that either.

Coldtopper
17th February 2014, 09:12 PM
This thread has gone a little crazy.. Hi MT, is Maurie Moses still up your way somewhere? He and his brother made goof coin selling pies.

Minor_Threat
17th February 2014, 09:14 PM
Hi MT, is Maurie Moses still up your way somewhere? He and his brother made goof coin selling pies.

Yeah mate, they are on a good wicket up at Nelson Bay..

Captain Nemo
17th February 2014, 09:16 PM
I love Lurpak butter!
That's the only butter I'll use in my weekly Risotto!

Coldtopper
17th February 2014, 09:18 PM
Thats cool, I started my time with Mauire at Mirage in Port Dougals. A ripper of a man he shot par one day left handed on the front nine and right on the back. We had a ball but he was a little straight guess thats why he is still selling pies and making a dollar!

Stuart
17th February 2014, 09:24 PM
Thats cool, I started my time with Mauire at Mirage in Port Dougals. A ripper of a man he shot par one day left handed on the front nine and right on the back. We had a ball but he was a little straight guess thats why he is still selling pies and making a dollar!

I grew up with Maurie and Warren in Inverell before they both ended up at Nelson's Bay - one of my older brothers was good friends with them both. I still have memories of playing with Maurie as a very young whipper and watching him drive the par 4 11th at Inverell (which was a monster hit back in the 80s with persimmon woods and the old balatas!). My first clubs were a set of hand-me-downs from Warren .....

Coldtopper
17th February 2014, 09:29 PM
I grew up with Maurie and Warren in Inverell before they both ended up at Nelson's Bay - one of my older brothers was good friends with them both. I still have memories of playing with Maurie as a very young whipper and watching him drive the par 4 11th at Inverell (which was a monster hit back in the 80s with persimmon woods and the old balatas!). My first clubs were a set of hand-me-downs from Warren ..... He could hit it well. Maybe "mature age wannabe" should model himself on the Moses boys. He was one of the few pro's I meet during my 20+ years in the game that I would regard as a great club pro.

markTHEblake
17th February 2014, 10:09 PM
Personally I think Tifob is insane. Not for wanting to be a golf professional/coach but to go through the trainee system. Whilst that might be great for a pimply faced teenager out of high school in their first job, its different for a mature age. 90% of the work you will do in the shop wont be contributing to your 'development', because you already know how to work.

You would be better off, working on your game, get a players card in Tour School, then hit up the PGA bridging course that will elevate you to Full Membership (costs $5-10K but cheaper than doing it over 3 years on a trainee wage). By all means somewhere in that work for a year in a golf shop to see the business side of things, but why would you want to do that for 3.

My old mate was a middle manager in local government until he was about 35. He had represented Qld for about 10 years straight. He then did the PGA traineeship, but he didnt do a trainees work, i am pretty sure he was business managing the shop. He then had a couple of good club pro jobs over the next 20 odd years. there is a good example for you, but in his case he had some valuable skills to bring into his employment as a trainee. Sorry, not sure how much a chef could help out a golf pro :-) but its not me you would have to convince, its the guy you want to give you the job.

hocko
17th February 2014, 11:06 PM
Blakey's right, bring some management skill to the table and you could negotiate a deal if you are that passionate about it.
There are some very good amateur golfers on this forum but I have never heard any of them say that they have the inner belief and natural talent to be very,very good at the game.
You may progress, through hard work, and be a good coach.....who knows.
You are in your mid thirties and one would think, hopefully, that you are mature enough to accept the fact that you do love the game but may well be a pipe dream to make a career of it.

tifob
17th February 2014, 11:25 PM
You may progress, through hard work, and be a good coach.....who knows.

So I "could' be a good coach?

You are in your mid thirties and one would think, hopefully, that you are mature enough to accept the fact that you do love the game but may well be a pipe dream to make a career of it.

Or am I just a "dreamer"? I'm confused.

I do have management experience. I've run kitchens; of which many clubs do have. I also have linguistic sales training experience. I also have many club golfers coming to me for advice for their game: of which they are seeing instant results. It's helping me to become a great teacher of the game already.

Want to drill something home for yourself. Go out and teach it.

Anyways I don't take this decision lightly. It's not a pipe dream. It's more about a decision that will be need to made. I'm listening to everybody.

But I'm not much of a "cant" man. It doesn't exist in my vocab.

hocko
17th February 2014, 11:32 PM
So I "could' be a good coach?

Or am I just a "dreamer"? I'm confused.

I do have management experience. I've run kitchens; of which many clubs do have. I also have linguistic sales training experience. I also have many club golfers coming to me for advice for their game: of which they are seeing instant results. It's helping me to become a great teacher of the game already.

Want to drill something home for yourself. Go out and teach it.

Anyways I don't take this decision lightly. It's not a pipe dream. It's more about a decision that will be need to made. I'm listening to everybody.

But I'm not much of a "cant" man. I doesn't exist in my vocab.

OK, if you think you can then have a crack.
Most on this forum, who have any sort of clue, have said their piece but you have just been critical, mostly, about what they have said.
If you want lip service then pay a psych.
If you had have said originally that you wanted to be a coach then the responses may have been different.

Do you want to be a golf coach?

goughy
17th February 2014, 11:53 PM
When I read his original post, that's kind of what I got from it. He seems to understand that touring pro is out of reach. I always thought he just wanted to work in a pro shop, etc. Forgetting all the golfing side of things, and working in a pro shop. I started an apprenticeship at 25 and that felt like a heck of a hit in the pocket, for a few years. But if you have some money behind you, a supportive wife (financially well off wouldn't hurt either ;) ) then you could give it a go. I know many say the job is crap, but you know what. The are lots of call jobs out there. And you do any job long enough and it can become a drag. That's life.

Shortylook
18th February 2014, 12:01 AM
Go play a round with SMS,the "CANNUCK" and NK. If you can beat them at any course any time I say go for it mate. I'm a heap of shit golfer with aspirations of maybe one day getting to 15hk. If you can tun up to secret harbor, meadow springs or kwinana and play with these 3 Aholes and beat them then I think your good to go. I have had the pleasure of playing with a few low and very low markers, but these pricks seem to be the best I've seen, bar the pros. I didn't play with them all but I watched a lot of there shots and they were brilliant. If it's teaching you crave, do it, if it's working in a pro shop selling gear do it. You can only control one persons actions and they are yours. So grasp it and do as you think you need to, to better yourself. No sour grapes or jealousy or anything like that mate, most people I play with beat me. Listen to the wise old owls on here, it may sound piss taking but there pretty great guys.
Good luck

Mububban
18th February 2014, 12:15 AM
Why not give it a shot? If it's a burning desire, then you'll regret it when you're 50 if you never gave it a go. You'll either succeed and love it, or find it's crap and then you'll know, but you probably won't regret it. And if it all goes to ****, you can fall back on cheffing for a while until you find something else you like, or at the very least, that you can tolerate.

My brother in law was a chef for 15 years, he's just started a career change this year as a graduate teacher. He loved the chef lifestyle when he was 20something, but not so good now he's a family man. But he, like you, likes to teach what he knows, and now he's a home ec teacher.

LeftyHoges
18th February 2014, 08:18 AM
Go play a round with SMS,the "CANNUCK" and NK. If you can beat them at any course any time I say go for it mate. I'm a heap of shit golfer with aspirations of maybe one day getting to 15hk. If you can tun up to secret harbor, meadow springs or kwinana and play with these 3 Aholes and beat them then I think your good to go. I have had the pleasure of playing with a few low and very low markers, but these pricks seem to be the best I've seen, bar the pros. I didn't play with them all but I watched a lot of there shots and they were brilliant. If it's teaching you crave, do it, if it's working in a pro shop selling gear do it. You can only control one persons actions and they are yours. So grasp it and do as you think you need to, to better yourself. No sour grapes or jealousy or anything like that mate, most people I play with beat me. Listen to the wise old owls on here, it may sound piss taking but there pretty great guys.
Good luck

Ha ha. Pricks and Aholes. Cop it boys.

Glad I didn't play with Shorty! :lol:

sms316
18th February 2014, 08:30 AM
Ha ha. Pricks and Aholes. Cop it boys. Glad I didn't play with Shorty! :lol: Lucky I went easy on him!

hocko
18th February 2014, 09:06 AM
Good luck
I will tell you one thing, clearly it doesn't take much to impress Shorty!

Eldrick
18th February 2014, 10:17 AM
where's Cliffmanly when you need some sage advice

Waggle
18th February 2014, 10:21 AM
If its a burning desire of yours to become a teaching pro then go for it. With hard work I don't see it being too hard a task to pass the playing requirements if you are dedicated and determined enough. Good luck with the decision.

PerryGroves
18th February 2014, 10:29 AM
where's Cliffmanly when you need some sage advice

I saw on Linkedin he has just accepted a role as Assistant Gibberer at Albany Consulting

Dotty
18th February 2014, 10:35 AM
What happened to the desire to play in pro-ams, that was in the original opening post?

sms316
18th February 2014, 10:45 AM
Agreed. Canuck couldn't beat an egg.

backintheswing
18th February 2014, 10:47 AM
Is NK turning pro?

Shortylook
18th February 2014, 11:22 AM
If I could play like them boys, I would be impressed with myself every round that's for sure.

Shortylook
18th February 2014, 11:25 AM
Ha ha. Pricks and Aholes. Cop it boys.

Glad I didn't play with Shorty! :lol:
No no that's a term of affection mate. Sorry I'm used to being at work. If your getting hammered your in the gang, if not it means your
a suckhole backstabbing bitchy wank job. Def not a insult 👍

davepuppies
18th February 2014, 11:27 AM
My view on this.......

You might pass the playing, you might not.

You might struggle on the wages, you might not.

When you are at retirement age, looking back over your life and career I am sure you would regret not giving it a go if it truly is your passion and desire.

Money can be lost and regained, however time cannot.

Give it a go mate, and if after a year, 2, 3 or 4 it doesn't work go back out into the workforce, be it working on a hot grill, or otherwise and make up for the time and lost dollars knowing you gave it a shot.

Life is short, too short to be spent doing something you don't enjoy.

Best of luck with it.

blurry
18th February 2014, 12:31 PM
My view on this.......You might pass the playing, you might not.You might struggle on the wages, you might not.When you are at retirement age, looking back over your life and career I am sure you would regret not giving it a go if it truly is your passion and desire.Money can be lost and regained, however time cannot.Give it a go mate, and if after a year, 2, 3 or 4 it doesn't work go back out into the workforce, be it working on a hot grill, or otherwise and make up for the time and lost dollars knowing you gave it a shot.Life is short, too short to be spent doing something you don't enjoy.Best of luck with it. Well said

8081travis
18th February 2014, 04:10 PM
Well said Completely agree

Ferrins
18th February 2014, 04:51 PM
I always wanted to be a male stripper but after one gig at the Gold Coast gave it away. Good to test the waters.

tifob
31st August 2014, 10:50 PM
So to bring this post back to it's origins.

My application for my traineeship is lodged and playing tests begin next week. I also have a job offer from a club that will allow me to negotiate the first years trainee wage.

It's been a long road to even get to the point of being considered by any club. And I still have many reservations about the road ahead. There's no guarantee that I'll even begin my traineeship next year considering the many factors that will define the decision: location of employment, partner's happiness in relocation, finding a place to live and of course the question of financial stability.

But it's fun to chase dreams. It beats being wealthy doing what you dont want to do.

Johnny Canuck
1st September 2014, 12:42 AM
Good luck with the journey.

mrbluu
1st September 2014, 01:15 AM
Good luck with the journey. +1

PeteyD
1st September 2014, 06:25 AM
Awesome. Chase your dreams.

Buzz
1st September 2014, 06:48 AM
Good luck really hope it works out for you

Haystacks
1st September 2014, 06:51 AM
Good on you!

Waddzy
1st September 2014, 11:31 AM
Best of luck mate!

3oneday
1st September 2014, 11:34 AM

My application for my traineeship is lodged and playing tests begin next week. I also have a job offer from a club that will allow me to negotiate the first years trainee wage.

It's been a long road to even get to the point of being considered by any club. And I still have many reservations about the road ahead. There's no guarantee that I'll even begin my traineeship next year considering the many factors that will define the decision: location of employment, partner's happiness in relocation, finding a place to live and of course the question of financial stability.

But it's fun to chase dreams. It beats being wealthy doing what you dont want to do.well done.... and in 7 posts time you can offload your free gear in the Pro Shop here ;)

Captain Nemo
1st September 2014, 11:49 AM

But it's fun to chase dreams. It beats being wealthy doing what you dont want to do.

ummm, really?
Anyway.....go for it enjoy the ride.

oldracer
1st September 2014, 11:59 AM
ummm, really?
Anyway.....go for it enjoy the ride.haha you beat me to it L .......mmmmmm I could put up with a heap of crap if I was wealthy, actually I put up with it now without the dosh so....and like others have said, give it all you got if that's what u want, good luck

G.K
1st September 2014, 08:25 PM
My application for my traineeship is lodged and playing tests begin next week.............

Best of luck. I hope it all works out for you.

Just out of curiosity, what is involved in the "playing tests"?

Coldtopper
1st September 2014, 08:45 PM
Being poor and loving what you do sux btw! Best of luck with it.

Minor_Threat
1st September 2014, 11:25 PM
Being poor and loving what you do sux btw! Best of luck with it.
This!

It is also around this point that it becomes something you no longer love ;)

AndyP
2nd September 2014, 08:17 AM
There is a difference between being wealthy, comfortable and poor. Wealthy and happy is ideal, but comfortable and happy would be nice. Good luck.

Waddzy
2nd September 2014, 01:52 PM
Best of luck. I hope it all works out for you.

Just out of curiosity, what is involved in the "playing tests"?
Averaging around 6 over par in 20+ Monday Trainee Pro ams on different courses. Winners on these days usually make about $200 for their efforts.

*edit* sorry thats when accepted in the program for the yearly thing.. I think the playing tests are before your even accepted.

G.K
2nd September 2014, 02:17 PM
Averaging around 6 over par in 20+ Monday Trainee Pro ams on different courses. Winners on these days usually make about $200 for their efforts.

*edit* sorry thats when accepted in the program for the yearly thing.. I think the playing tests are before your even accepted.

Thanks Waddzy.

Sounds easy. I'm off to sign up!

AndyP
2nd September 2014, 02:34 PM
Is there a shank limit for trainee pros?

Coldtopper
2nd September 2014, 05:52 PM
Is there a shank limit for trainee pros?
Unlimited! Seen some of the best shanks ever during trainee events! Lots of shankers. It sounds like you should have a round in trainee pro am. There are a few but not many who can actually play.

Waddzy
3rd September 2014, 08:11 AM
Unlimited! Seen some of the best shanks ever during trainee events! Lots of shankers. It sounds like you should have a round in trainee pro am. There are a few but not many who can actually play.
When I played the trainee pro am at Parkwood , the other trainee playing with us had about 5 shanks during the round , the only saving grace was he got up and down 4/5 times 1 of those being for bird.. But you are right CT I was amazed when about 50% of the field didnt break 80 but then there are also a couple of stand outs that shoot red numbers week in week out..

Davemason
7th September 2014, 03:23 PM
We have just had the PGA Trainee QLD champs at our club and out of the 79 that attended only a hand full want to play at the end of there trainee ship the rest what to teach, be golf operations managers run a pro shop at the golf club.

The age of these guys ranged was early 20’s to mid 30’s.

So doing and completing your traineeship will be a good start if you want a job in golf industry.

Bingaz
10th September 2014, 02:46 PM
How'd u fair in your first playing tests mate? Any joy?

Charger
10th September 2014, 10:37 PM
Think of a way to combine chef stuff and golf. Im thinking weekends away with old people cooking for them and teaching them golf.

Flusher888
20th May 2015, 01:40 AM
PS, I would say its about 10% who are still in the game. The rest woke up and got a decent job or business! Amen.. Im not jaded or bitter and twisted it just it took me 10 with out touching a golf club to start playing again. My OZ golf mates helped me to realise not all golfers are ~@#$. Thanks guys I love you lots The reward is not equal to effort.The industry is in a downhill spinMost courses in AU are not sustainable The PGA is a very interesting organizationThe chances of getting a teaching job are minimal because of no playing ability.Playing of a 3 handicap both ways right / left {Mac OGrady style} maybe then! My boss played both ways. Great for marriage / relationships being a golf pro. Weekend work, hours blah blah Rehab isn't that bad! I meet some great people there? If you are still interested Pm me as my mate is a big wig at the PGA and maybe he will say the other stuff but remember the PGA is about making money they welcome and need failures to make profit. Hey pal, funnily enough I'm in similar situation as original poster. Except I've got a history of winning tournaments as a junior & regret not going to Q school back in the day. Wanting to do traineeship now, happy to teach & be able to play in tournaments regularly. Q school not an option currently (unfortunately). Happy to receive any feedback or assistance from connections you have in PGA/golf industry. Looking for placement now at a course & planning do playing tests this August. Located on Gold Coast Qld with experience working in golf shop + management experience

backintheswing
20th May 2015, 12:27 PM
Hey pal, funnily enough I'm in similar situation as original poster. Except I've got a history of winning tournaments as a junior & regret not going to Q school back in the day. Wanting to do traineeship now, happy to teach & be able to play in tournaments regularly. Q school not an option currently (unfortunately). Happy to receive any feedback or assistance from connections you have in PGA/golf industry. Looking for placement now at a course & planning do playing tests this August. Located on Gold Coast Qld with experience working in golf shop + management experience

Post up your golf link number

3oneday
20th May 2015, 12:28 PM
Not gotitat last?

hacker
20th May 2015, 12:32 PM
Not gotitat last?

I'd say not as there are capital letters in his post.

razaar
20th May 2015, 12:39 PM
Could be his brother getitat.��

markTHEblake
20th May 2015, 01:04 PM
Flusher, if you are on the Gold Coast and worked in golf industry you would have more contacts than almost everyone here. We are all has beens.

IMO every course has some kids that want to be a trainee. If you can't get on at your own club or your own connections you have got buckleys chance of getting a leg up from someone else's connections. A golf pro probably has a kid a week asking for this opportunity.

You would have to be really special for someone you don't know to give you this job. Like a current state player. This is way places like IGI pick up plenty of recruits.

Coldtopper
20th May 2015, 07:12 PM
Hey Flusher, couple of tips loose the name and the thinking that shooting a few under without pressure has any relevance. Golf jobs are tough. If you stick it out and enjoy getting shit by fat, fluro wearing with white belts shit heads whilst earning 15 an hour is good for 5 years whilst trying hard to average 74 then have a go. I'd ring the Queensland PGA there is always pro's looking for cheap Labour. My mate left the PGA but I still know a few in the org. Email me in 2 month s if you haven't got a job as I know someone who is opening a course in Spring on the GC. Good luck and get on the phone, write thank you letters to everyone you contact in the industry.

aussieashley
20th May 2015, 07:17 PM
Email me in 2 month s if you haven't got a job as I know someone who is opening a course in Spring on the GC. Good luck and get on the phone, write thank you letters to everyone you contact in the industry.

A new golf course on the Gold Coast? Any more info on this?

LeftyHoges
20th May 2015, 07:20 PM
Hey Flusher, couple of tips loose the name and the thinking that shooting a few under without pressure has any relevance. Golf jobs are tough. If you stick it out and enjoy getting shit by fat, fluro wearing with white belts shit heads whilst earning 15 an hour is good for 5 years whilst trying hard to average 74 then have a go. I'd ring the Queensland PGA there is always pro's looking for cheap Labour. My mate left the PGA but I still know a few in the org. Email me in 2 month s if you haven't got a job as I know someone who is opening a course in Spring on the GC. Good luck and get on the phone, write thank you letters to everyone you contact in the industry.

All of a sudden the fluro, white belt hate makes a lot more sense. :lol:

Coldtopper
20th May 2015, 08:14 PM
All of a sudden the fluro, white belt hate makes a lot more sense. :lol: Surely you don't these days?

LeftyHoges
20th May 2015, 08:21 PM
Surely you don't these days?

I dress however makes me look oh so god damn good. ;-)

Coldtopper
20th May 2015, 08:24 PM
I dress however makes me look oh so god damn good. ;-) Hot Ranga! Lucky you have a few years left before you loose your hotness!

LeftyHoges
20th May 2015, 08:28 PM
Hot Ranga! Lucky you have a few years left before you loose your hotness!

Most would say I never got to that point, let alone have a few years left of it.

MAZA68
20th May 2015, 08:28 PM
A new golf course on the Gold Coast? Any more info on this?

Where on the Gold Coast, there's no land to build a course its getting overtaken by houses!

Coldtopper
20th May 2015, 08:56 PM
A new golf course on the Gold Coast? Any more info on this? an existing track for sale is as much I can say atm.

mrbluu
20th May 2015, 09:01 PM
Hot Ranga! Lucky you have a few years left before you loose your hotness!
Have u been swimming in the sheep dip again??

Coldtopper
20th May 2015, 09:20 PM
Have u been swimming in the sheep dip again?? pastey skin rangas are cute.

PeteyD
21st May 2015, 06:52 AM
Been on the farm too long I think!