PDA

View Full Version : Champs Survey

Marto65
13th February 2014, 02:38 PM
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BD6DNGH

Survey 1 is now up ... more surveys to come.

Captain Nemo
13th February 2014, 02:43 PM
Done
Cant believe i wasnt on Q8?

Marto65
13th February 2014, 02:43 PM
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BYR5VVW

Survey2.

Captain Nemo
13th February 2014, 02:48 PM
Done.

Peppas
13th February 2014, 02:49 PM
Survey 1 done, will have to do the others later this evening.

Marto65
13th February 2014, 02:52 PM
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B2QQQ8T

Survey 3.

Captain Nemo
13th February 2014, 02:56 PM
Done!

spanner039
13th February 2014, 03:23 PM
you've got way too much time on your hands Marto

Who gets the results? and can they be traced?

Done

LeftyHoges
13th February 2014, 03:27 PM
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B2QQQ8T

Survey 3.

I picked Woodlands, The Dunes AND Portsea as my course with the worst shot as they were all ****ing abysmal in their own right. :smt011

LarryLong
13th February 2014, 03:53 PM
I picked Woodlands, The Dunes AND Portsea as my course with the worst shot as they were all ****ing abysmal in their own right. :smt011

I could have done that, I hit abysmal shots at all five courses.

However, I actually topped a fringe putt (almost fresh aired it!) at Portsea, so that was a clear winner. I think it went a metre or so and needed to go about 20 or 30.

Hux
13th February 2014, 05:01 PM
I shanked a cracker at Woodlands.

Shadesy
13th February 2014, 05:08 PM
Is Blue Balls what I think it is.

I didnt play with that many people to give best swing and Putter to.

Jmac
13th February 2014, 05:19 PM
Ooops. Edited as larrylong isn't peppas

Marto65
13th February 2014, 05:21 PM
But you still had an eagle on a par 4 from the wrong fairway. :)

Who wants to tell him?

Jmac
13th February 2014, 05:27 PM
Who wants to tell him?

Haha realised straight away I miss quoted.

WBennett
13th February 2014, 05:49 PM
That was fun. How many times can I do these surveys?

Courty
13th February 2014, 07:05 PM
All 3 done.

I picked RM as worst shot, although it is hard to single out any in particular. :(

WBennett
13th February 2014, 07:12 PM
I backed Kew. 9 iron shanked 90m right and straight out of bounds.

LeftyHoges
13th February 2014, 07:13 PM
I backed Kew. 9 iron shanked 90m right and straight out of bounds.

Jeebus. Where's the OOB at Kew?

WBennett
13th February 2014, 07:17 PM
The temp green fifth. Right off the tee, had 120 in from the rough. Shanked over the trees, fence and into the river!

LeftyHoges
13th February 2014, 07:18 PM
The temp green fifth. Right off the tee, had 120 in from the rough. Shanked over the trees, fence and into the river!

Oh, I see.

Nasty.

WBennett
13th February 2014, 07:35 PM
Nasty describes my day. As does woeful. And fatigued.

Marto65
14th February 2014, 07:42 AM
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/87WF3C5

4th and Last Survey ....

Answers for the first 3 will come during today.

KristianJ
14th February 2014, 07:49 AM
Question 9...:lol:

simmsy
14th February 2014, 09:52 AM
done.

Marto65
14th February 2014, 10:00 AM
Survey 1.

34 Responders

5 people who responded didn't play a round at the Vic Champs. Half of the responders played 5-6 Rounds.

6 out of the 29 people didn't stay at the Parkview. Locals I imagine.

From the 5 who didn't come .... Soft, Ghey and wasn't allowed figure .... so does lust and the quality of the participants .....

RM West got the vote for best course (82%), best condition (85%) and best greens (50%).

Course Ratings According to Ozgolf.

Woodlands 8.31
RM West 9.61
The Dunes 8.11
Portsea 7.43
Kew 6.39

The Melbourne Parkview Hotel rated 9.375 on the Ozgolf Scale. Congrats Andigold.

And .... drumroll ....

Shadesy is the most beautiful man in the cosmos. Grumpy and Andigold were tied second. There were 11 voters who picked themselves.

AndyP
14th February 2014, 10:07 AM
How would you know that they picked themselves?

simmsy
14th February 2014, 10:19 AM
**** me!

Like Shadesy needs anymore encouragement.

Captain Nemo
14th February 2014, 10:23 AM
Hahahaha, bet next time you guys get together he'll get his shirt off at some stage!

Shadesy
14th February 2014, 10:26 AM
**** me! Like Shadesy needs anymore encouragement.

You shouldn't have voted for me then big boy :-)

sms316
14th February 2014, 10:27 AM
Hahahaha, bet next time you guys get together he'll get his shirt off at some stage! Yeah. Because we haven't seen enough of his body.

PeteyD
14th February 2014, 10:27 AM
You would get better odds on him actually putting a shirt on.

WBennett
14th February 2014, 10:29 AM
I enjoyed Portsea more than The Dunes. Am I the only one?

Marto65
14th February 2014, 10:32 AM
How would you know that they picked themselves?

Because their response was "Me".

simmsy
14th February 2014, 10:33 AM
did u score more than a 1 pointer at Portsea then benno?

LarryLong
14th February 2014, 10:37 AM

Nope. I really liked Portsea, probably my second favourite course of the weekend.

Marto65
14th February 2014, 10:44 AM
Survey 2 ...

FoxGolf just shaded Shadesy for Longest.

Lefty had the best swing ... Foxgolf and Shadesy again figuring.

Short Game - Lefty again ... with AndyC figuring in the finish.

Putting - AndyP/C voted best putter. Lefty and myself equal second in votes.

Most Improved - Solarman. AndyP/C and Peter_RS got more than 2 votes.

JMac the Whizzard and NWAG would be voted out first on BB.

Survivor Alliances .. Marto, Lefty, Spud, AndyP, Bruce and Titty all polled more than 1 vote.

No-one really stood out from being different to online persona.... a lot of no's and votes of 1.

Lefty and Andigold polled 26/27 "Really Good"s at organising stuff.

Gamebook .... it's 50/50.

spanner039
14th February 2014, 11:53 AM
So only 82% said a genuine worlds greatest ever golf course was the best we played ?

Shadesy
14th February 2014, 11:56 AM

Portsea was a heap of Fun into that wind, But I thought some holes let it down a little. Some of the holes (12, 18, 9) all had the same collection areas whether you hit 4iron or driver from the Tee. Thought 10 was stupid. Greens were also the slowest of the weekend.

I best described it as Fun and would love to play there regularly over the Dunes, but the Dunes greens and the fun shots you had to play, as well as visually gave it the nod for me.

spanner039
14th February 2014, 12:04 PM
I get it, not everyone that voted would have played RM

Carry on

WBennett
14th February 2014, 12:09 PM
Portsea was a heap of Fun into that wind, But I thought some holes let it down a little. Some of the holes (12, 18, 9) all had the same collection areas whether you hit 4iron or driver from the Tee. Thought 10 was stupid. Greens were also the slowest of the weekend.

I best described it as Fun and would love to play there regularly over the Dunes, but the Dunes greens and the fun shots you had to play, as well as visually gave it the nod for me.

10 at Portsea was stupid? 10 was awesome! I love 250m 4's.

Probably depends which wind you played it in, but in retrospect there are 2 ways. Driver at green, or 5 iron to corner and leave a 70m pitch on. I know I would play it differently next time.

I liked the blind drives, and skyline approaches. I could easily play there every week. I don't know if i could at the Dunes.

The greens at Portsea had to be slower otherwise balls would have blown straight off them!

spanner039
14th February 2014, 12:16 PM

I enjoyed it and had the most fun at Potsea (Cheers cart buddy NK) - as a course though she needs some work, would love to see more natural sand eg: LHS 2, carry on 4 etc i could go on. Could be a great little course, but with the new courses @ StAB, Dunes and even Moonah showing it up, it has its weaknesses.

The greens were a lot slower thanks to the heat and of course being a Sunday the greens were in survival mode, lots of water and no cutting.

Not to hang it on the joint its nice and enjoyable, just there are other options on the peninsula.

Couldn't think of a better clubhouse too finish off though, that was great and im sure they will continue to work on the course.

simmsy
14th February 2014, 12:20 PM
for mine Portsea was too much of the same hole again and again. it is a fun track but too many holes with collection areas as alluded to, greens are too small for the type of course it wants to be, the bunkers were in worst condition easily of any this weekend. they've spent a Gazzillion on their clubhouse but feel they've forgotten about their course a bit.

LarryLong
14th February 2014, 12:27 PM

I loved 10, but that might have been because I nailed the tee shot to the top of the hill and watched everybody else finish in the bunkers at the bottom of the hill or go over the hill into the crazy scrub that nobody knew about beforehand. It's the only hole I can really remember now.

It was probably a little bit extreme though. I think Portsea is the sort of course that members could bring their mates along to and embarrass them with local knowledge. Members would benefit hugely from knowing the tricks on some of the holes. I love a bit of WTF.

Shadesy
14th February 2014, 12:50 PM
I loved 10, but that might have been because I nailed the tee shot to the top of the hill and watched everybody else finish in the bunkers at the bottom of the hill or go over the hill into the crazy scrub that nobody knew about beforehand. It's the only hole I can really remember now.

It was probably a little bit extreme though. I think Portsea is the sort of course that members could bring their mates along to and embarrass them with local knowledge. Members would benefit hugely from knowing the tricks on some of the holes. I love a bit of WTF.

Ok you got me.

I chunked a 5 iron onto the 9th Fairway and had a blind shot up the hill. I love short 4;s to, but felt this one was awkward.

Bruce
14th February 2014, 12:51 PM
The routing is a bit odd now and the number of gongs required just niggle me a little.

LeftyHoges
14th February 2014, 01:14 PM
Ok you got me.

I chunked a 5 iron onto the 9th Fairway and had a blind shot up the hill. I love short 4;s to, but felt this one was awkward.

Shoulda went driver like I did! ;-)

Shadesy
14th February 2014, 01:21 PM
Shoulda went driver like I did! ;-)

Holes only 250 mate... ;-)

LeftyHoges
14th February 2014, 01:23 PM
Holes only 250 mate... ;-)

Baby it 265 like I did. Easy par from over the back. ;-)

Hux
14th February 2014, 01:37 PM
Portsea had too many blind drives for me. At least give a reference for a visitor like dunes or the cut.

A bit of the sames but enjoyable. Would say kew in full play would appeal to me more although it's greens were very slow

Courty
14th February 2014, 01:40 PM
Complaining about the greens is a bit rich from my point of view. I'm used to putting on greens like the temps at Kew were (all of which I one-putted, mind you). You must be spoilt if there were problems with any of those greens.

Bruce
14th February 2014, 01:43 PM
Ok you got me.

Are you really complaining about the hole being awkward when playing from the wrong fairway?

Jmac
14th February 2014, 01:55 PM

I agree with you mate. Good show of how a shorter course isnt necessarily less challenging

simmsy
14th February 2014, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure anyone is saying it wasnt challenging or fun.

simmsy
14th February 2014, 02:23 PM
Case in point we all bombed our driver on 9 you would be 30-40 longer than me at your best yet all 4 of us were within 2mtr of each other.
This happened several times throughout the round.
It's a good fun track.
Play 10 times
Dunes 7
Portsea 3

andigold
14th February 2014, 02:30 PM
I'm a Portsea fan and it's still the best members course south of Frankston but the routing is now shithouse and it's narrowed a fair bit in the last 3 years as well. I enjoyed the dunes more and I've never said that before.

Kew was disappointing with the temps and the soft greens, it is such an old fogeys course, over watered, over fertilized, over waterfalled. :)

WBennett
14th February 2014, 03:37 PM
What was wrong with the routing at Portsea? It was only the walk from 14-15 which was up a hill and you would need to go up that hill from any other green on the course anyway. I didn't see too much else compromised but I didn't know the old course. Maybe 8-9 was 100m backtracking over the land that was meant to be a spare par 3?

There is also a decent walk from 6-7 at RMW if memory serves me right?

timah!
14th February 2014, 03:57 PM
Survey 2 ...

Gamebook .... it's 50/50.

Hmmm, will it still be the method of choice then for future champs?

LeftyHoges
14th February 2014, 04:06 PM
Hmmm, will it still be the method of choice then for future champs?

I'd vote for it. The multi-round flaws should be completed by then, and slope will be a lot better configured too. Unfortunate that both were less than 2 weeks old at these champs, no time to fix.

timah!
14th February 2014, 04:10 PM
I'd vote for it. The multi-round flaws should be completed by then, and slope will be a lot better configured too. Unfortunate that both were less than 2 weeks old at these champs, no time to fix.

Excellent. How cool would it be if you could link it to a screen and watch it change as you were waiting for groups to come in?!

AndyP
14th February 2014, 04:12 PM
It lacks flexibility at this stage. If the user can change stuff on the go to adjust for the unexpected, then it will be a lot better.

simmsy
14th February 2014, 04:23 PM
Not sure where best to post this, so mods move it or get me to start new thread is fine.

finally finished unpacking today and have found an extra pair of UV sleeves that aren't mine.

if someone lost a pair at Portsea and can show they are actually theirs PM me and we will get them back to you.

LeftyHoges
14th February 2014, 08:47 PM
Just some random Portsea members. Good win! :lol:

Jmac
14th February 2014, 09:04 PM
Yeh I was a fan of the concept of gamebook. If tweaked it has real potential for weekends like the OZGolf champs. Kinda cool to see the leaders coming in and lead changing through out the day.

WBennett
14th February 2014, 09:05 PM
I didnt like it. I saw I was leading naga!

simmsy
14th February 2014, 09:07 PM
It's concept is excellent.
They really need to work out the kinks though.

WBennett
14th February 2014, 09:10 PM
Seeing as ozgolf is the gamebook beta testers they should have it right for next year

Dotty
14th February 2014, 09:42 PM
Seeing as ozgolf is the gamebook beta testers they should have it right for next year
Depends when GA makes revision 3.1. (or is it 4.0?) to the handicapping system. :)

peter_rs
15th February 2014, 11:20 AM
Gamebook is like the president cup... Great in theory but doesn't live up to the hype

It's improving

peter_rs
15th February 2014, 11:22 AM
Port sea was great members track

chappy1970
15th February 2014, 12:29 PM
I am at a disadvantage to you all as I only played the portsea round. I have played all the others, other than Kew though.

Seems a little obvious I know, but I enjoyed Portsea.

RM is amazing and I really like Woodlands. Never been a fan of the Dunes.

I probably don't have as an astute eye for course architecture as most, but I thought Portsea was a good test of golf.

simmsy
15th February 2014, 12:58 PM
after meeting you on Sunday at Portsea Chappy your avatar now bothers me. i'm not sure if it a pic of you or that other fella now. :)

chappy1970
15th February 2014, 04:23 PM
Not the first time I've heard that Simmsy

simmsy
15th February 2014, 05:05 PM
I doubt it would of been mate.

Uncanny.