PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Taxi Driver - Ugly side of it......

Trung
3rd February 2006, 05:32 PM
It was sad to read about the taxi driver that lost his life a few days ago...

but I was in a taxi today that I really got ****ed off.........

Got into the first cab at Parramata train station. I politely told him "g'day mate, and gave him my location"...... Location is not far away...

I never heard a word from him for the full trip...

Inside the taxi, he pulled his pants up to knee high showing his ficking hairy legs. Had the music up loud with a very arrogant attitude. It was disgusting. There was no taxi identity display inside the car to show the identity of the driver.

It was only a short trip so I didn't say anything. Got to the destination. Trip cost $8... I gave him $10.... He looked at me as to expect a tip... I politely asked.. $2 pleaseeeeeeeeeeee.

He got the **** and took him a minute to find $2.. I didn't care.. It was princical, bad service so you can stick it up your a*se. :evil:
:evil:

Jarro
3rd February 2006, 05:34 PM
that's the way to treat 'em Trung .... a lot of those guys have really bad attitudes up here too.

saying that though, there is NO WAY i'd ever do that job :smt009

Jono
3rd February 2006, 06:15 PM
One taxi driver was eating raw garlic when I was sitting next to him. Going on about how good it is for one's health ... It wasn't a short trip either.

AndyP
3rd February 2006, 10:09 PM
Customer service has gone to sh*t.
I never used to complain, and I don't know whether it's because I have become a grumpy old man or not, but I don't put up with it anymore. I'll tell them when I'm not happy now, and expect something to be done about it.

Fishman Dan
5th February 2006, 10:51 PM
Good wait on the $2. There are too many cab drivers in Sydney who won't say a word and insist you listen to the [ethnic minority] AM radio gibberings.

I've often sat and waited in the tip-less rides for the change - no matter how many coins it takes.

Should i ask if he had showered in the past month, or is that answer a given?

amanda
6th February 2006, 04:30 PM
I've always found that if you can find a good taxi driver in your area - grab a card from them with their mobile number. I have a small number of reliable taxi drivers - always a comfortable, safe and friendly trip :)