PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 10th February 2014

Nuffie
12th February 2014, 05:02 PM
I'll kick things off. Shot 37 pts off a 4 hcp around The Vines Lakes Course.Once again it was double bogey free, with 3 birdies, 6 bogeys and the rest pars. 9 fwys, 10 girs, 3 sand save up downs, 1 off the green up and down, 28 putts.The new cap will reach an all time low of about 3.5.

JADO75
12th February 2014, 05:21 PM
35pts at the Riff
5 x 1 pts
2 x birds
2 x wipes
Swinging well, just need to cut the crap out
Highlight was watching a mate of mine shoot a 64 off the stick which included 8 x birdies, 1 x eagle, 2 x bogies & a handful or near misses. It was awesome to watch!

idgolfguy
13th February 2014, 04:36 PM
38 points on Wednesday. All time low of 10.1 GAHC.

Thursday-Monday Vic Champs - worst was 34 and best was 38.

Happy with the consistency.

JADO75
13th February 2014, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=idgolfguy;1073298]38 points on Wednesday. All time low of 10.1 GAHC.

Thursday-Monday Vic Champs - worst was 34 and best was 38.

Happy with the consistency.[/QUOTE

Well done mate, its bloody hard to keep a purple patch going

Nuffie
13th February 2014, 05:26 PM
38 points on Wednesday. All time low of 10.1 GAHC.Thursday-Monday Vic Champs - worst was 34 and best was 38.Happy with the consistency.Very good ID. Closing in on single figures. We both achieved our lowest ever caps on the same day. How's that!

Johnny Canuck
13th February 2014, 07:54 PM
Good work boys.

Shortylook
13th February 2014, 10:51 PM
Well played everyone. I haven't played a comp in Christ knows when. Maybe this Saturday

KristianJ
14th February 2014, 03:55 PM
34 points (15/19) at Richmond today with 2 wipes.

Unspectacular round...still not sure how I managed to shoot what I did.

A few good shots, but a few wayward tee shots...blocks and the odd hook).

Greens were rolling on the slow side and I had my fair share of 3-4 footers to avoid 3 putt holes (which I managed to do).

3oneday
14th February 2014, 04:01 PM
Course looked very green when I went past on the weekend, hard to believe they would have them slow with the forecast cool wet weather coming though.

KristianJ
14th February 2014, 04:06 PM
I probably should have said slower...not by much, but my front 9 distance control was awful.

Which could have simply been a case of me being a gumby...

jimandr
14th February 2014, 05:26 PM
Golf is officially fun again. I played really well today for an unlucky 40 points off the white tees at Ballina today. How can 40 be unlucky? I missed two fairways today, and on one of those, I didn't find the ball. One over after 13, then a lost ball triple on a hole I get a shot on changed the round a bit. I had a choking 3 putt bogey on the last as well.

Nevertheless, after a long time in the golfing wilderness, I may be forced to declare that I'm BACK!

Eca
14th February 2014, 08:01 PM
33pts @ RIchmond with KJ, testing a new Driver & hybrid.
Took couple of holes to get the new toys to work & boy they did but then the older toys started to play up. Few close shermans with the irons then a full blooded one on the approach on 3rd. 1point after 3 holes :(
Irons wasted quite a few decent drives but still managed 3 birds. Chipping still mediocre & putter also played up a bit.. bloody sensitive bunch.

highballin
15th February 2014, 04:21 PM
37pts lost another shot off handicap now 13.3 playing which will be 15 on home course. If ever I get my act together when putting I will lose a few more shots real quick. 40 putts again :(

BenM
15th February 2014, 06:35 PM
44 points today in a 4BBB with Ferrins. I thought it was a respectable score but didn't even get a ball.

Personally had a bit of a shocker round the front, as usual my driver is stone cold - I've now completely lost confidence in it. I put it away after another poor effort on 10 and ended up going round the back in 2 over with 3 bogeys and a bird on 18. My NTP on 18 held up as well.

WBennett
15th February 2014, 06:52 PM
It was windy and wet today.
So I went PBPBoPPPBP for my personal best of 35 off the stick. Anyone who saw me last weekend would have wondered who I was.
Reality struck as I got cold and soaked. 34 points all up.

Down to 6.1 - eek

BenM
15th February 2014, 07:31 PM
6.1, great work Benno. Mr Spudsistent.

mrbluu
15th February 2014, 09:01 PM
37pts lost another shot off handicap now 13.3 playing which will be 15 on home course. If ever I get my act together when putting I will lose a few more shots real quick. 40 putts again :(

44 points today in a 4BBB with Ferrins. I thought it was a respectable score but didn't even get a ball.

Personally had a bit of a shocker round the front, as usual my driver is stone cold - I've now completely lost confidence in it. I put it away after another poor effort on 10 and ended up going round the back in 2 over with 3 bogeys and a bird on 18. My NTP on 18 held up as well.

It was windy and wet today.
So I went PBPBoPPPBP for my personal best of 35 off the stick. Anyone who saw me last weekend would have wondered who I was.
Reality struck as I got cold and soaked. 34 points all up.

Down to 6.1 - eek

Well played lads and congrats WB, can't wait for u to give me a coiple of shots each nine ;)

KristianJ
15th February 2014, 09:09 PM
Well played lads and congrats WB, can't wait for u to give me a coiple of shots each nine ;)

How did you and Dangals fare at Lakeside?

WBennett
15th February 2014, 09:12 PM
Last Saturday 43 putts. This saturday 26. Hmmm

highballin
15th February 2014, 09:18 PM
Last Saturday 43 putts. This saturday 26. Hmmm

There's hope for me yet :?

mrbluu
15th February 2014, 09:19 PM
How did you and Dangals fare at Lakeside?

We had a great day today. As we teed it up in the afternoon we missed most of the rain and play with my mate who end up shooting -3 and winning it.

I shot 78 scratch/74 nett which I'm super pleased with, especially I've shot sub 24 points the last 3 comp rounds that I've played. The driver was predominantly coming out well and my chipping was pretty good. My putt was ok but I missed a few short ones, but only had 1 x 3 putt. The MP53's where good and I think the c-tapers will work, but will need to swing them better and spend some time at the range.

Dangals playes really well for most of the round but a couple of holes cost him.

Stats.

1 x Birdies
5 x GIR
27 x Putts
1 x 3 putts
0 x doubles

Eca
15th February 2014, 09:25 PM
Nice round Binh!

mrbluu
15th February 2014, 09:27 PM
Nice round Binh! Thanks mate.

LarryLong
15th February 2014, 09:28 PM
Continued my Vic Champs form with -4 in a par comp today. Went out a full stroke on my handicap with a good round sliding off. My bottom three rounds have flags on them, so there could be more to come. I'm back to two shot holes, which is embarrassing.

Dangals
15th February 2014, 09:32 PM
Yeah played with Bluu and his mate and it was awesome to watch him shoot -3 to take the win.

For me I was really happy with how I played considering I had never played there before and except for a couple of poor decisions it could have been a great round. Ended up shooting 82/77 which is not really indicative of my round as I had +12 on 4 holes... Bloody game. Highlight of the day was after taking 9 on a par 4 I then stepped up to a 180m par three and stuffed it to just over a metre and made the bird.

mrbluu
15th February 2014, 09:39 PM
Yeah played with Bluu and his mate and it was awesome to watch him shoot -3 to take the win.

For me I was really happy with how I played considering I had never played there before and except for a couple of poor decisions it could have been a great round. Ended up shooting 82/77 which is not really indicative of my round as I had +12 on 4 holes... Bloody game. Highlight of the day was after taking 9 on a par 4 I then stepped up to a 180m par three and stuffed it to just over a metre and made the bird.

Yep that was an awesome shot mate.

idgolfguy
16th February 2014, 12:28 AM
New all time low of 9.6 with today's 35 points off the Blacks,

G.K
16th February 2014, 12:43 AM
Well done Vic. You could well be the dark horse come champs time.

idgolfguy
16th February 2014, 01:26 AM
Ain't betting on Black this time around. My kids aren't eating for another week because of Champs.

bergsey
16th February 2014, 01:49 AM
Good work idg. 36 points for me today with three wipes :(

simmsy
16th February 2014, 02:43 AM
Good work bergs.

Johnny Canuck
16th February 2014, 10:10 AM
Well done Vic. You could well be the dark horse come champs time.

That's a bit racist.

Ashes
16th February 2014, 10:14 AM
Most WAnkers finding form with Summer Cup on the horizon.

simmsy
16th February 2014, 11:52 AM
I'm in too much now.
Wish I had shadedys index

3Puttpete
16th February 2014, 12:03 PM
After a combined 68 points for 2 games last weekend I amassed the grand total of 45 this weekend.

The fire brigade can stand down.

That is all.

Slothman
16th February 2014, 05:49 PM
+3 in par event at Albany.

Thought it was a good score but +7 won it. Not sure I was even top 10.

Was rare perfect weather.Putter felt great. Lots of great reads and weight with 4-5 that stopped half a roll short or lipped out.

2 bad shots cost me but the worst was on the 9th. Par 5 (my first time on that hole without a shot). Nice drive followed by great 3 wood. 60 to the pin. Simple shot.As I wait I than realise, wow I playing off 12 and only 1 over par (I was actually 2 over just got eager). Wow this could be my best 9 ever....Needless to say it all went pear shaped. Wipe hole for a +3 nine :(.

9.9 HC. Lowest ever.

oldracer
16th February 2014, 07:50 PM
Well done SM, bugger to be eager hey!

Buzz
16th February 2014, 09:08 PM
Dreadful 14-14 28 today ... Feels like I'm entering one if those phases where it just seems I can barely strike the ball. Scoring wasn't helped by deluge of rain from 8th onwards but was hitting the ball crap anyway. Least enjoyable round for months :(

Hatchman
17th February 2014, 01:44 AM
Another wasted day in a Vardon event @ Flurieu, f############k
36 holes of mostly crap with the odd glimmer of some good shots for insult.
I normally like playing this course but not today. Back nine is in very average condition. Patchy tee blocks and fairways. After coping some bad luck/lies following ok and ordinary shots in the first 14 holes I string together two great shots into the 512m par 5 15th to be 8m off the green middle of fairway on dead grass and just as bad a lie as I was getting off the fairways.
Good thing the greens were ok or it would have been even more un-enjoyable. Managed to rack up a total of 9 penalties today beating last years tally of 8 which I wouldn't have thought possible at the start of the day. I had them all. Water balls, OB, moved ball, lost ball and unplayables. Sad looking cards with doubles, triples, quads and a 5 over 10 on one hole. NCRed the afternoon round after losing a ball on on my 12th hole. Most likely in one of the two water hazards but unable to define point of entry of which so couldn't be bothered going back to the tee block. At one point I was looking a difficult long putt thinking if I 3 stab this I will have every number from 3 to 10 on the card. Failed by making a good 2 putt.

Only high lights were the 80m Sand Iron to 6 inches on 13 for tap in bird (holed 10 footer for bird 1st time around too) and 5 iron to 6 foot from a fairway bunker to make bird on 16.

Think I have the title of worst 4 Handicapper on OzGolf.

oldracer
17th February 2014, 02:01 AM
Dreadful 14-14 28 today ... Feels like I'm entering one if those phases where it just seems I can barely strike the ball. Scoring wasn't helped by deluge of rain from 8th onwards but was hitting the ball crap anyway. Least enjoyable round for months :(head up, clear the brain, see other thread and find a good coach, will only take 1-2 lessons for it to click I'm sure

oldracer
17th February 2014, 02:04 AM
Another wasted day in a Vardon event @ Flurieu, f############k
36 holes of mostly crap with the odd glimmer of some good shots for insult.
I normally like playing this course but not today. Back nine is in very average condition. Patchy tee blocks and fairways. After coping some bad luck/lies following ok and ordinary shots in the first 14 holes I string together two great shots into the 512m par 5 15th to be 8m off the green middle of fairway on dead grass and just as bad a lie as I was getting off the fairways.
Good thing the greens were ok or it would have been even more un-enjoyable. Managed to rack up a total of 9 penalties today beating last years tally of 8 which I wouldn't have thought possible at the start of the day. I had them all. Water balls, OB, moved ball, lost ball and unplayables. Sad looking cards with doubles, triples, quads and a 5 over 10 on one hole. NCRed the afternoon round after losing a ball on on my 12th hole. Most likely in one of the two water hazards but unable to define point of entry of which so couldn't be bothered going back to the tee block. At one point I was looking a difficult long putt thinking if I 3 stab this I will have every number from 3 to 10 on the card. Failed by making a good 2 putt.

Only high lights were the 80m Sand Iron to 6 inches on 13 for tap in bird (holed 10 footer for bird 1st time around too) and 5 iron to 6 foot from a fairway bunker to make bird on 16.

Think I have the title of worst 4 Handicapper on OzGolf.one of them days Hatch, you better than that, lay your head down thinking of those great shots

Bruce Dickinson
17th February 2014, 11:43 AM
9 holes with the 12 year old daughter, she had 61 on the quarry nine at Joondalup that included an 8 and two 10's. Good fun playing off the reds with her, tee shots in particular were interesting as Joondalup's ladies tees are generally 75-100 in front of the mens

Johnny Canuck
17th February 2014, 12:38 PM
9 holes with the 12 year old daughter, she had 61 on the quarry nine at Joondalup that included an 8 and two 10's. Good fun playing off the reds with her, tee shots in particular were interesting as Joondalup's ladies tees are generally 75-100 in front of the mens

Off the bat with Ashes. Could be a close match.

Bruce Dickinson
17th February 2014, 01:36 PM
Off the bat with Ashes. Could be a close match.
she really should have shot around 51-52, lost 3 balls in 9 holes :)

Johnny Canuck
17th February 2014, 01:36 PM
she really should have shot around 51-52, lost 3 balls in 9 holes :)

She has him covered, easy.

Ashes
17th February 2014, 01:53 PM
She has him covered, easy.

+1

Hatchman
18th February 2014, 12:59 AM
one of them days Hatch, you better than that, lay your head down thinking of those great shots

Couple of months ago I would have thought that, not any more.
I'm just sh!t.

It's like my swing forgets to get in the car and stays home or goes some where else when I go to a Vardon game.

Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll knock my entry form back due to being full at the next one I've entered.