* Hayesy is skinny
* Kev doesn't like flies
* Bruce could swear for Australia
* Minigolf form is a good indicator of golf form
* See above for why Jmac was never going to win
* Nobody has done the Dome eight tee shots, win the champs double

Captain Nemo
11th February 2014, 07:40 AM
*There are some actually talented golfers amongst us.
*The WAnkers are not actually WAnkers but nice guys (although i havnt met JC and Yoss, so....)
*Melbourne has crazy weather....
*Golf is not the winner on the weekend!

matty
11th February 2014, 07:45 AM
Nice avatar titty.

Captain Nemo
11th February 2014, 07:53 AM
Nice avatar titty.
8)

WBennett
11th February 2014, 09:08 AM
Avatar photo with trophy? Well done.

Congrats to AndyP on a well earned victory - two very good scores on unfamiliar courses and tough conditions on the Sunday.

What did I learn

- Drinking all night every night and getting up and doing park runs can either make you Champ or a contender for the 5 day NAGA. (Did I end up beating Bob for that?)
- Andigold is a brilliant host.
- We have celebrity lookalikes a plenty = Waddzy is Lee Westwood, Spanner is Ernie Els.
- You can look a million bucks in opshop gear
- Solarman has the patience of a saint to put up with the shit heaped on him by his mates.
- The Vanilla Slice at Portsea Marto raved about is easily the best vanilla slice I have ever had.
- Royal Melbourne has a ton more elevation change than I ever imagined.
- The best par 4's in golf are under 300m, and a 135m par three is far more fun than 190m slog.
- WAnkers are anything but. Thanks to Simmsy and Foxy for having a hit with me. I'm glad I missed out on Jmac though - the smell may have been awful.

Thanks to my roomie Waddzy, who was a great roomie/car buddie for the 5 days. You were the best roomie I could have asked for. Enjoy the rest of your week in Melbourne.
Thanks also to Super Mario - I have never laughed in a car as much as I did on the trip back from Woodlands. I'll happily play good cop to your bad cop in any auction any time.

Finally, a massive thanks to Lefty. Even though a heap of jobs were delegated he still did the bulk of the work. Thanks Nick - you are a star.

mrbluu
11th February 2014, 09:18 AM
- 135m par three is far more fun than 190m slog.

really???

Shadesy
11th February 2014, 09:26 AM
People take themselves a lot less seriously in real life.. Saturday night was the perfect and hilarious example of that.

Lots of people surprised me ( I won't name names) and made the trip so much fun. So thanks to all. Not one person I wouldn't play golf with it have a beer with.

I learnt Spanner is an absolute Legend and a pisser to drive around with.

I learnt the depth of the water in Port Phillip Bay.

I learnt our golf courses in Perth are sooooooo tight. Woodlands was the tightest course on the ration and that was sooo friggen wide for us.

Captain Nemo
11th February 2014, 09:34 AM
I learnt Shadesy likes to get his shirt off... ;)

WBennett
11th February 2014, 09:57 AM
really??? Rm 5 and 7 were my two favourite pars threes for the weekend. I hit 8 and nine into them. 7 was 135m.Best par 4 was Rmw #10. Also loved #10 at Portsea and #4 at Woodlands.

Marto65
11th February 2014, 09:58 AM
I learnt that if you nude up in the car park of the number 1 course in Australia, that you can still win the day.

PeteyD
11th February 2014, 10:06 AM
*Tea tree is evil shit that should die in a fire
*oz golf is a collection of great blokes that we meet far too few times a year
*RMW far exceeded my expectations. The uncivil war just made it heaps more fun as well.

mrbluu
11th February 2014, 10:06 AM
Rm 5 and 7 were my two favourite pars threes for the weekend. I hit 8 and nine into them. 7 was 135m.Best par 4 was Rmw #10. Also loved #10 at Portsea and #4 at Woodlands.

This was my point about G Lakes... ;-)

Captain Nemo
11th February 2014, 10:12 AM
I learnt that if you nude up in the car park of the number 1 course in Australia, that you can still win the day.

Damn right Marto, thats how i roll!
:smt023

Shadesy
11th February 2014, 10:19 AM
Rm 5 and 7 were my two favourite pars threes for the weekend. I hit 8 and nine into them. 7 was 135m.Best par 4 was Rmw #10. Also loved #10 at Portsea and #4 at Woodlands.

Greatest collection of par 3's that I have ever played.

Loved 13?. Great little hole.

Didnt rate portsea 10 but woodlands 4 and 7 were fantastic. (Maybe because I birdied them both)

PeteyD
11th February 2014, 10:26 AM
Par 3s at RM were a great collection of 4 very different ones. All great on their own. Pretty special all together

spanner039
11th February 2014, 10:48 AM
- you are all great to not only play with but be around
-Courty likes grapes
-shadesys farts can melt the roof liner in a car
-Marto is very attractive
-AndyP is a lot taller in real life
-Portsea GC needs a full Clayton treatment
-woodlands is a great walk with an incredible spare par 3
-Skippy is smarter than Flipper
-Larrylongs real name is not Larry
- I've really got to get to WA and the other interstate events

dc68
11th February 2014, 10:59 AM
*Tea tree is evil shit that should die in a fire

I think Vic Police now have a solid suspect in any arson investigation.

solarman
11th February 2014, 11:22 AM
OK

Monsta - is the blackest white man I know with carpentry skills thrown in
AndyP - Could be mistaken for a cross between Armish and a garden gnome
Courty - by far the brightest and worst dressed at the same time
Spud - likes to hug and touch bums (not that there is anything wrong with that)
Peppas - should have ninja'd me at the restaurant, and he actually owned up to being from the 'gong
Titty - should have a hair net
Grumpy - the best dressed and can even get away with wearing it to restaurants and discos
Andigold - great guy until I found out he was once in the Navy. Nuff said about that.
PeteyD - the only guy who can get way with wearing g thongs that look like Ug Boots
BenM - I'm still in awe as to how he can hold a club with 2 hands of 3 fingers in each.
LarryLong - like a crouching tiger. You don't know he's around until he's right beside you.
Kev - should have had a bath in Aerogard before each round.

Many more too...don't worry I'll get to you late.

Captain Nemo
11th February 2014, 11:23 AM
OK

Monsta - is the blackest white man I know with carpentry skills thrown in
AndyP - Could be mistaken for a cross between Armish and a garden gnome
Courty - by far the brightest and worst dressed at the same time
Spud - likes to hug and touch bums (not that there is anything wrong with that)
Peppas - should have ninja'd me at the restaurant, and he actually owned up to being from the 'gong
Titty - should have a hair net
Grumpy - the best dressed and can even get away with wearing it to restaurants and discos
Andigold - great guy until I found out he was once in the Navy. Nuff said about that.
PeteyD - the only guy who can get way with wearing g thongs that look like Ug Boots
BenM - I'm still in awe as to how he can hold a club with 2 hands of 3 fingers in each.
LarryLong - like a crouching tiger. You don't know he's around until he's right beside you.
Kev - should have had a bath in Aerogard before each round.

Many more too...don't worry I'll get to you late.

:smt044

PeteyD
11th February 2014, 11:26 AM
* #4 Dunes is probably the dumbest green complex I have ever seen
* #4 Woodlands is one of the best short par 4s I have ever seen

peter_rs
11th February 2014, 11:27 AM
Love your work bob

Bruce
11th February 2014, 11:29 AM
How many took my advice on the 4th at the Dunes and played it from over near (or on) the 7th fairway? If I hadn't ****ed up using Nudgee's range finder I would have birdied it for sure.

Marto65
11th February 2014, 11:30 AM
Solarman was a lot taller than I imagined.

peter_rs
11th February 2014, 11:32 AM
Peppas made eagle

PeteyD
11th February 2014, 11:34 AM
How many took my advice on the 4th at the Dunes and played it from over near (or on) the 7th fairway? If I hadn't ****ed up using Nudgee's range finder I would have birdied it for sure.

Not me, pulled left and must have got a great downhill bounce because it ended up close. Wedge was just short, which was definitely a blessing, punch on into the bowl the pin was in. Fairly certain if I hit the wedge the correct length it was over and goneski.

WBennett
11th February 2014, 12:58 PM
How many took my advice on the 4th at the Dunes and played it from over near (or on) the 7th fairway? If I hadn't ****ed up using Nudgee's range finder I would have birdied it for sure. Pin high right off the tee.Pulled chip wrong side of ridge before the cup.Lazy 3 stab. Next

solarman
11th February 2014, 01:19 PM
Went to hit It out there s you suggested an hit It straight :)

Found a piece of spinifex on a 1 foot wide stretch of grass between the 2 bunkers. Tippy toed back handed slap with club, bunt up to green, 2 putt.

AndyP
11th February 2014, 01:28 PM
I decided it was too risky. It's still not fairway, so there was a risk of ending up in some long grass, like some others did. That said, the grass on the left that I found was significantly worse.

Captain Nemo
11th February 2014, 01:38 PM

From memory, i hit it short of the pots, hit gw to 3 feet behind hole, made the putt :)

AndyP
11th February 2014, 01:40 PM
I have learned that I should not be lazy when warming up and still go with some semblance of a pre-shot routine. Being lazy leads to shanks which leads to bad juju on the course.

Waddzy
11th February 2014, 01:45 PM
From memory, i hit it short of the pots, hit gw to 3 feet behind hole, made the putt :) and we thought it was going in for eagle ... I made a superb 2 putt 5 after catching the left trap and that bunker shot was only 2 ft from being great

Peppas
11th February 2014, 01:50 PM
Peppas made eagle

Yep from the 7th fairway too. Thanks Bruce, didn't read your advice but I followed it for my first ever eagle!

Shadesy
11th February 2014, 01:54 PM
How many took my advice on the 4th at the Dunes and played it from over near (or on) the 7th fairway? If I hadn't ****ed up using Nudgee's range finder I would have birdied it for sure..

This!!

Courty and I Debated it, and I just bombed it over the bunkers, trusting what I had read. I had 45 metres left. Pin high. Pulled my pitch but easy 4/2 after burning the edge.

Was a great strategy but I think you are playing around with the lie you get down there.

solarman
11th February 2014, 01:58 PM
I learnt that If you block up Monsta's mouth and nose he can still snore thru his bum.

simmsy
11th February 2014, 01:59 PM
I did too Bruce.
Hit good drive then got this

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/11/zynu3y7y.jpg

spanner039
11th February 2014, 02:00 PM
Hit 3 iron left of the traps easy up and down from 50

Rubbish green, cashmore said it was his best, then went and built the even more retarded 5 hole

simmsy
11th February 2014, 02:00 PM
There were 6 of these uncut spots in total.
The rest of the area was good.

Captain Nemo
11th February 2014, 02:02 PM
and we thought it was going in for eagle ... I made a superb 2 putt 5 after catching the left trap and that bunker shot was only 2 ft from being great

Faaaark, didnt we what!

Bruce
11th February 2014, 02:02 PM
I overestimated the width. It is less than 100m from the edge of the 7th fairway. Monsta was in perfect position.

LeftyHoges
11th February 2014, 02:22 PM
I learnt that no matter how much time, effort and preparation I put into things, I always ****ing forget to put out the NTP's and LD markers to the appropriate people! :lol:

And also that over the wooden block on 7 at the Dunes with a 5 yard cut is STILL not the place to hit it.

LeftyHoges
11th February 2014, 03:16 PM
I also learned that double bogies on the first or second holes at OZgolf Champs on the weekend are becoming ridiculously commonplace for me. :(

PeteyD
11th February 2014, 03:28 PM
Ignore bruce's warnings at your own peril!

solarman
13th February 2014, 11:00 AM
I realised how many Oz Golfers suffer from DVT due to the amount of compression bandages being worn on arms. :)

LeftyHoges
10th March 2014, 10:19 PM
I learnt that I really don't wanna play my home track anymore after this line-up. :(

Monsta
11th March 2014, 02:02 PM
I learnt the following:

Playing with Bruce is better than reading the course guide
Solarman's bunker weakness is only rivalled by GK's
Haysey must be deaf :smt015
I still dry heave every time I think of Shadsey without a shirt on................
Marto bats off in the shower way to often
The WAnkers arent as weird as I thought (excpet maybe for Shadesy taking his shir:smt078)
Lefty can throw clubs further that you think
LarryLong can hit bombs (and dress well for under $10)
OZgolf trips are the best holidays to have
Beating the Union at Royal Melborne was as sweet as I dreamt it would be.......

And Lefty is an absolute Champion for organising the best OZgolf tournament two years in a row....:smt038