PDA

View Full Version : Mizuno problem...

Shortylook
7th February 2014, 03:26 PM
So after all the bloody drama I had last year with the heads flying of my irons, it started happening again today. 5 and 7 iron came off today. Extremely pissed off. Rang them but yet to hear back. Got told the last time it was a glue issue and it should never happen again, it is extremely rare for this to happen to our club. :evil:

Johnny Canuck
7th February 2014, 03:35 PM
You are swinging too hard.

Mububban
7th February 2014, 03:57 PM
What model? Any word on the net of a dodgy batch of whatever you're using?

timah!
7th February 2014, 03:59 PM
Mizuno junk...

Scifisicko
7th February 2014, 04:07 PM
My mizuno 6 iron head flew off at the range, but i glued it on myself.

I stopped using 5 minute Araldite after that...actually it took the 5I, PW and the driver head flying off before i really gave up on it.

chappy1970
7th February 2014, 04:28 PM
5 min araldite is shite

3oneday
7th February 2014, 05:17 PM
Copies from China

Shortylook
7th February 2014, 05:36 PM
What model? Any word on the net of a dodgy batch of whatever you're using?
When it happened last time there were 2 sets of l/h 59's that were being sent back. Both sold at Bunbury.

Shortylook
7th February 2014, 05:36 PM
I hope not mizuno Australia shipped them back to me

Shortylook
7th February 2014, 05:37 PM
Yea that must be it.

blurry
7th February 2014, 07:28 PM
5 min araldite is shiteHad my first bad experience today , shaft spinning in R1 tip

Icestorm959
7th February 2014, 07:30 PM
My mp59's are still going strong over here

Shortylook
7th February 2014, 07:46 PM
My mp59's are still going strong over here
Lucky prick.

simmsy
7th February 2014, 08:07 PM
I glued my own.
Never come off

Hatchman
7th February 2014, 09:51 PM
Mizuno = Japan's version of Dynacast :lol:

wizard_of_oz
8th February 2014, 01:53 AM
Kept them in the car boot throughout summer? :D

Coldtopper
8th February 2014, 05:50 AM
So after all the bloody drama I had last year with the heads flying of my irons, it started happening again today. 5 and 7 iron came off today. Extremely pissed off. Rang them but yet to hear back. Got told the last time it was a glue issue and it should never happen again, it is extremely rare for this to happen to our club. :evil: Im sure that this is not about you. I once worked worked at a very exclusive golf club in Melbourne in the 80s a few members that treated us trainee pros poorly. So as payback we would remove the heads off their irons and reglue them with a weak mix. It gave me endless joy seeing their heads fly off. IS the tradition continuing I wonder?

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2014, 09:18 AM
Im sure that this is not about you. I once worked worked at a very exclusive golf club in Melbourne in the 80s a few members that treated us trainee pros poorly. So as payback we would remove the heads off their irons and reglue them with a weak mix. It gave me endless joy seeing their heads fly off. IS the tradition continuing I wonder?

Pretty funny.

simmsy
8th February 2014, 09:21 AM
This is what tourfit would say he was doing to our clubs.

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2014, 09:29 AM
This is what tourfit would say he was doing to our clubs.

And Hocko likes pranking himself.

Shortylook
8th February 2014, 09:32 AM
Kept them in the car boot throughout summer? :D
No mate in the house, I treat them better than my kids.

Johnny Canuck
8th February 2014, 09:35 AM
Do they call you Shortylookout at the club?

Slothman
8th February 2014, 10:17 AM
Wow man, unlucky.

My MP H4 set and Ez woods have never missed a beat.

Our club has the rep as a member so there are LOTS of sets down here with no issue.

I can ask him what he thinks but wont see him for about a week.

Golfnut
8th February 2014, 12:54 PM
This is what tourfit would say he was doing to our clubs. Perhaps this is where 'Fit learnt his craft....he must've missed the bit where it was meant to be a joke because he was too busy looking for delights the floor had to offer.

SirTop
8th February 2014, 01:49 PM
So after all the bloody drama I had last year with the heads flying of my irons, it started happening again today. 5 and 7 iron came off today. Extremely pissed off. Rang them but yet to hear back. Got told the last time it was a glue issue and it should never happen again, it is extremely rare for this to happen to our club. :evil:

Man that happened to my JPX 825 Pro 8 iron yesterday at the range, annoying as hell and will get it fixed by a pro and the others checked as well

solarbear
8th February 2014, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't sweat it. Sometimes it happens. I had a mate I knew to be incredibly meticulous make me a set of clubs and that happened to a couple of the heads and the same thing happened. Guess that is what you get occasionally with glue.

Shortylook
8th February 2014, 02:27 PM
Do they call you Shortylookout at the club?
Your a Nasty American

Shortylook
8th February 2014, 02:29 PM
Wow man, unlucky.

My MP H4 set and Ez woods have never missed a beat.

Our club has the rep as a member so there are LOTS of sets down here with no issue.

I can ask him what he thinks but wont see him for about a week.
Yea thanks mate that would be awesome

sms316
8th February 2014, 02:38 PM
Shorty,

If you want to get something back on them, bag them publicly somewhere that they promote themselves, like Facebook.

Dotty
8th February 2014, 03:29 PM
Shorty,

If you want to get something back on them, bag them publicly somewhere that they promote themselves, like Facebook.
http://www.mizunoforum.com/

Shortylook
8th February 2014, 06:24 PM
Shorty,

Will do that now.

simmsy
8th February 2014, 08:51 PM
Get into them mate.
I'm massive mizzy fan but anyone is fair game over shit like thay

Shortylook
8th February 2014, 08:55 PM
Get into them mate.
I'm massive mizzy fan but anyone is fair game over shit like thay
Yea I've had a guts full. I love them too mate but FFS,give a drongo a fair go

Shortylook
10th February 2014, 01:27 PM
So, rang mizuno again today, and surprise surprise, they were just looking at my email( yea right). Been told that it's a bit embarrassing for them and that I should be able to get a new set. But we have no 59's, so I need to pick another set. He mentioned 54's or 60 something's. Guess I'll have to start thinking about another iron set.

Shane788
10th February 2014, 01:44 PM
That's pretty good that there offering you a brand new set.

Shortylook
10th February 2014, 02:02 PM
Yea not too bad. But no more 59's so it's 54's for me by the looks of things

sms316
10th February 2014, 02:39 PM
Good stuff Shorty. Good to see Mizuno came to the party.

simmsy
10th February 2014, 02:40 PM
Good win Shorty.
54's are nice.
More forgiving and better feel than 59's

Shortylook
10th February 2014, 03:25 PM
Yea just went and had a hit at peel golf. Mizzy shaft selector thingy said I needed a stiff shaft kbs or project x something or other, but I really likes the feel or regular kbs so that what I went with. Stiff felt very clicky if you know what I mean and I'm not even sure I do lol. But yes very good club and they will be on trial before the big summer cup
Thank you mizuno
Very happy

backintheswing
10th February 2014, 03:40 PM
Can you change the thread title to something nicer?

Shortylook
10th February 2014, 04:00 PM
Sorry bits, I was quite upset, mods change away 🙊

KristianJ
10th February 2014, 05:38 PM
Changed...good to see a positive resolution to it.

Shane788
10th February 2014, 05:45 PM
Shorty did they ask you just to send yours back and they'll give you new ones? As simple as that? Really good outcome

simmsy
10th February 2014, 05:50 PM
Good stuff. Enjoy mate.

Shortylook
10th February 2014, 05:57 PM
Nope,no mention about that, they are sending them to peel golf were I got fitted up for the 54's, the fella seemed pretty decent about the whole situation and acknowledged that they had a drama with my iron glue and fitting. Funniest thing is my swing has changed enough to warrant a stiff flex and no need for lie adjustments. It was interesting seeing the data from my first fit to this one, bit of a jump in SS and he said tempo was heaps better. Must be the different type of club. Can't wait for them to turn up early next week, for a decent hit out.

Shortylook
10th February 2014, 05:57 PM
Good stuff. Enjoy mate.
Cheers, if you were only a lefty you could have a hit at summer cup.

rowey
10th February 2014, 06:06 PM
WOW......Was reading this thread the other day & thought that you must have had some bad luck.....Then this today

I went today & had a hit at a local course in my area, played the front 9 not bad, 10th par....then tee up on the 11th over some water with a 6 iron....swing, contact, good flight, ball on green......then splash.......

Now the water is the new owner of my 6 iron head.....Shorty can you send me the Mizuno contact please....To make it worse I got my irons from USA Pro Shop

Ashes
10th February 2014, 06:07 PM
Do we need to change the thread title back again?

Buzz
10th February 2014, 06:55 PM
Geez this is a worry I was going to get fitted for some Mizunos on the 26th

Shortylook
10th February 2014, 07:13 PM
Rowey, I had to go thru place of purchase and then that's where the ball started rolling from. But I did all the follow up stuff like emails and phone calls and then some more emails and a heap more phone calls, some nice some not so nice. Mine stemmed from a malfunction that started when the clubs were brand new then they were supposedly fixed/checked/reglued when they were sent back to the manufacturer. Bur if you read previous posts you will find that that never happened and they were more than likely just sent back. Well that's my take on it as when I questioned them they offered new clubs after a couple of calls. Try your purchaser first mate that's what I did.

Shortylook
10th February 2014, 07:15 PM
Geez this is a worry I was going to get fitted for some Mizunos on the 26th
They told me it was 59's glue type and they haven't had another issue. But it was only the 59's and the western australian ones for some reason. Probably crap to make me feel better and with a new set I will

Hatchman
10th February 2014, 07:45 PM
You can edit it yourself. Click on edit of your original post then click advanced and you can change the title.

rowey
10th February 2014, 08:04 PM
Cheers a Shorty.... Mine was USA supplier, so that will make it a bit hard with postage & stuff.... But I will see how it goes

Shortylook
10th February 2014, 08:38 PM
You can edit it yourself. Click on edit of your original post then click advanced and you can change the title.
Oh thanks hatchy.

Shortylook
10th February 2014, 08:39 PM
Cheers a Shorty.... Mine was USA supplier, so that will make it a bit hard with postage & stuff.... But I will see how it goes
Best of luck mate ��

Johnny Canuck
10th February 2014, 09:55 PM
They told me it was 59's glue type and they haven't had another issue. But it was only the 59's and the western australian ones for some reason. Probably crap to make me feel better and with a new set I will

Tourfit was contracted to glue a batch of 59s last year...

Shortylook
10th February 2014, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=Johnny Canuck;1072048]Tourfit was contracted to glue a batch of 59s last year...[/QUOTE
Fmd, you just don't let up do you. Keep them coming Yankee

wizard_of_oz
11th February 2014, 01:06 AM
Fmd, you just don't let up do you. Keep them coming Yankee

Sounds like shorty has got PMS. Problematic Mizuno Syndrome.

Shortylook
11th February 2014, 01:55 AM
but in a weeks time he hopes not.

Slothman
11th February 2014, 11:43 AM
Hey Shorty...good to hear it all went well.

I have found Mizuno VERY good to deal with.

But as you suggest, ALWAYS go through the retailer you bought it from first, maybe twice....the third time, take it higher if you are not satisfied.

Manufacturing faults can and do happen in all industries, its what happens after that is discovered is more important.

Rowey. The US could be a challenge. I am not sure on the process for Aus (I would THINK it has something to do with Mizuno Europe as our lines match theirs) but I do know that Europe and US have completely different assembly plants and procedures. That one could be some fun.

Shortylook
11th February 2014, 02:16 PM
Yea I'm glad I went the way I did. Then it was all documented from the first instance and I had email trail that started with mizuno. Only a week and the new girls will be in my hands, can't wait

rowey
11th February 2014, 04:13 PM
My supplier in the USA is a registered Mizuno fitter & supplier, but to get something donw & postage will be a pain in the arse...

But I will see how we go

goonie
11th February 2014, 04:32 PM
My supplier in the USA is a registered Mizuno fitter & supplier, but to get something donw & postage will be a pain in the arse...

But I will see how we go

Is it worth contacting Mizuno USA and seeing if something can be done locally?

rowey
11th February 2014, 04:38 PM
Is it worth contacting Mizuno USA and seeing if something can be done locally?

Just sent email to supplier in the USA informing him what has happened, will wait to see if he gets back with an answer

Johnny Canuck
11th February 2014, 05:19 PM
WOW......Was reading this thread the other day & thought that you must have had some bad luck.....Then this today

I went today & had a hit at a local course in my area, played the front 9 not bad, 10th par....then tee up on the 11th over some water with a 6 iron....swing, contact, good flight, ball on green......then splash.......

Now the water is the new owner of my 6 iron head.....Shorty can you send me the Mizuno contact please....To make it worse I got my irons from USA Pro Shop

Shortylook
11th February 2014, 07:11 PM
You know if I was heaps better at golf or you were as shit as me I would give it to you JC. But if I do it now you'll call me out give me 19 shots and ill be your prison bitch for ever. :cry:

Johnny Canuck
11th February 2014, 07:20 PM
You know if I was heaps better at golf or you were as shit as me I would give it to you JC. But if I do it now you'll call me out give me 19 shots and ill be your prison bitch for ever. :cry:

19 shots!
http://youtu.be/ekQ_Ja02gTY

Shortylook
11th February 2014, 07:54 PM
19 shots!
http://youtu.be/ekQ_Ja02gTY
Yep sounds about right. Your off 2 or 3 or whatever low cap you are and I will be off 21 but up there that should blow out to 23.
Would be an awesome day. But I'm not stupid, I'd still lose

Johnny Canuck
11th February 2014, 09:37 PM
Yep sounds about right. Your off 2 or 3 or whatever low cap you are and I will be off 21 but up there that should blow out to 23.
Would be an awesome day. But I'm not stupid, I'd still lose

I am off 4. You'll be off 21 up here. Slope is only 117-118.

We'll try and do it sometime in March, possibly get in a warm up before Le Cup.

Shortylook
11th February 2014, 09:49 PM
I am off 4. You'll be off 21 up here. Slope is only 117-118.

We'll try and do it sometime in March, possibly get in a warm up before Le Cup.
Well I better practice a bit more than. Should get the mad nun(ashes, that's what he looked like at GSM) to come and play too.

Ashes
11th February 2014, 10:52 PM
Well I better practice a bit more than. Should get the mad nun(ashes, that's what he looked like at GSM) to come and play too.

Where are we playing?

Shortylook
11th February 2014, 11:43 PM
Where are we playing?
Your new club, JC said he would happily give me 19-20 shots in a warm up to summer cup. Thought you might like to join in for a matchplay against JC and me. Massive prize will be up for grabs. Some ding snag and the opportunity to say you beat a 21 capped left handed Waroona golfing dropkick . Pretty impressive ozgolf ribbon, probably20 blokes will want in on it. I beat shortylook matchplay 10 & 8

Ashes
12th February 2014, 12:18 AM
You could play right handed and I still wouldn't beat you on current form.

Shortylook
12th February 2014, 01:00 AM
You could play right handed and I still wouldn't beat you on current form.
That's it your playing then. JC tee it up please, I'll get him while he is playing shit.

Johnny Canuck
12th February 2014, 01:49 AM
That's it your playing then. JC tee it up please, I'll get him while he is playing shit.

You guys are going to have to share a cart to carry enough golf balls.

Ashes
12th February 2014, 08:43 AM
No wonder KTown just added this to their rental fleet..

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/12/amegygyn.jpg

Shortylook
12th February 2014, 12:37 PM
No wonder KTown just added this to their rental fleet..

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/12/amegygyn.jpg
For the esky maybe, I only plant to lose 2 balls, on the par 3, the uphill one

rowey
12th February 2014, 03:38 PM
Well I have emailed my supplier in the USA & he got back to me & said the clubs are out of warranty so there is nothing that can be done, if other heads are loose take to a Pro Shop they should only charge about $5 to re-glue.....

Thought as much, still no reply from Mizuno Aust but

Slothman
12th February 2014, 03:51 PM
Well I have emailed my supplier in the USA & he got back to me & said the clubs are out of warranty so there is nothing that can be done, if other heads are loose take to a Pro Shop they should only charge about $5 to re-glue.....

Thought as much, still no reply from Mizuno Aust but

So how old where they??

I would be really surprised if Mizuno Aust can do anything about this. Like I mentioned US and Europe are separate, not sure on Aus but would ASSUME the same.

Of a guess they might say contact Mizuno US.

Also do you know if the retailer did any changes themselves or all through Mizuno? Mizuno full assembly?

The reason I ask is on the Mizuno Forums a lot of issues happen and the retailer end when all the information is gathered and usually in the US. Not so much in Europe/Aus.

Interested to hear how this goes considering its a US store. Keep us updated.

rowey
12th February 2014, 04:26 PM
18mts ish.....As far as I know supplier ordered them direct from Mizuno & had them bent 2deg up...

He said heads tend to become looser in tropical climate because of the heat with the glue.....

He has said that there is nothing he can do to help, which is a bummer cause he is a good guy to deal with & a lot better priced than Aust on some items

3oneday
12th February 2014, 05:06 PM
Should ask if they can send you a demo 6 iron?

Yossarian
12th February 2014, 09:16 PM
You should be able to sell it really easily once you are done with it.

backintheswing
12th February 2014, 09:25 PM
What's a demo 6 iron worth?

Daves
12th February 2014, 09:29 PM
You should be able to sell it really easily once you are done with it.

http://cdn.cnet.com.au/story_media/339341334/samsung-ativ-phone.jpg

Yossarian
12th February 2014, 09:31 PM
um?

Daves
12th February 2014, 09:32 PM
um?

Dog and Bone (Dog with a Bone) - Phone;)

Yossarian
12th February 2014, 09:33 PM
Ah!

Shortylook
13th February 2014, 07:20 PM
you bloody ripper, my beautiful brand spanking new MP-54's have arrived at the golf shop,pity im at work and cant pick them up till tomoz.

3Puttpete
13th February 2014, 07:32 PM
you bloody ripper, my beautiful brand spanking new MP-54's have arrived at the golf shop,pity im at work and cant pick them up till tomoz.

Like a mule with a spinning wheel :)

Shortylook
13th February 2014, 07:49 PM
Like a mule with a spinning wheel :)
Sorry mate don't know what that means

Johnny Canuck
13th February 2014, 07:52 PM
Howard Jones.

Shortylook
13th February 2014, 10:47 PM
Howard Jones.
The pommy singer? Wtf

3Puttpete
13th February 2014, 10:52 PM
Sorry mate don't know what that means

It's from the Simpsons. Not important

Shortylook
14th February 2014, 01:06 AM
It's from the Simpsons. Not important
Ah ok, too easy

oldracer
14th February 2014, 08:28 AM
Maybe this highlights that dealing local is possibly better for after sales. You would hope Mizuno Aus come to the party with a check over of the rest of the bats at least.

3oneday
14th February 2014, 09:05 AM
How long is warranty on these anyway?

Haystacks
14th February 2014, 09:09 AM
Nwrnty

Slothman
14th February 2014, 09:10 AM
Maybe this highlights that dealing local is possibly better for after sales. You would hope Mizuno Aus come to the party with a check over of the rest of the bats at least.

Ok, this opinion will probably get me hated here.....But why would auzzie mizuno give a flying proverbial about a product not sold by them and out of warranty???If sold in Australia I would agree they might, but would not hold it against them if they didn't.

Rowey what I am about to say is not a personal attack but a personal opinion based on MANY years where I owned an operated my own retail store.....If you choose not to buy local (define local as close as you want) to save some cash, you choose to deal with all the difficulties afterward.Rowey has done the right thing trying to contact the US retailer than the US manufacturer. I also get the impression he understands that he bought US so know he realises his difficulties.However if he had come on complaining about how mizuno aus refused to do anything (not saying they wont, just hypothetical here) I would have bagged him out.

I understand more than most the difference in prices, I had to close my doors because of it. I sold an item that was sold by the manufacturer cheaper on the US Retail store with postage than I could by from local wholesaler with free postage for the exact same product and I got around 60% off AUS retail. So everone used me for advice and details, than purchased overseas. What was worse I could not even argue against the doing it.

So yeh, nerve touched but look at it this way, if someone came to you with a product that was not purchased through you or even manufactured/assembled in your country why should you help them when they went the cheap option and 9 out of 10 will do it again regardless of difficulties.Again not personal Rowey and some generalisations made....

rubin
14th February 2014, 09:24 AM
It's called brand maintenance. U don't do it cause u have to, u do it cause it will help in the Long run

3oneday
14th February 2014, 09:24 AM
I agree (with slothman), although it is a worldwide brand.

Taylormade used to warrant world wide until the local distributor arked up and they removed world wide warranty. At the end of the day you are buying overseas to save cash. Why should the local guy do all your running around when you only used him to suck info.

oldracer
14th February 2014, 11:58 AM
It's called brand maintenance. U don't do it cause u have to, u do it cause it will help in the Long runmy thoughts as well slothman, I would have thought it in Mizuno's (Aus or Worldwide) interest to provide some backup after sales service as it is their product irrespective of where it is. I have bought o/s but when I spent the big cohunas, it was local so that I can speak in my time zone to people that I have dealt with and am exceedingly happy about my decision.

Slothman
14th February 2014, 01:11 PM
Ok had a big response...but saw others :) So will make it shorter.

What about to follow is PURELY hypothetical....I personally feel Rowley has done the right thing here....so this is very General etc.

oldracer...you have pretty much agreed to EVERYTHING I said in my post I was drafting :). You paid extra for local service. Your decision. You understood the reasons, understood the difficulties and made that decision on the information you had. I would assume Rowley did as well.

BUT do you think, as a consumer, that attitude is representative of the majority of consumers out there??

The internet has made everything appear global, in some cases it is, but in reality due to production/import/tax and many other laws in countries, we are still a segregated (not in the South Africa Nelson Mandela sense of the word) world with the illusion of blurred boundaries.

Mizuno US, Mizuno AUS and Mizuno EUR appear to me (and before I continue, I may be 100% wrong on the next statement) to be separate entities tied together with one overriding name.

Does that mean Ford AUS, Ford US and Ford Europe are all the same company? If you could buy the same Ford in US as here in AUS but the US was cheaper. Would you go to the Australian dealer/retailer for help on a dodgy product and expect them to bend over backwards to help??

So is it Mizuno's fault for not educating the consumer enough about their setup? Or the consumer's fault for not finding out before purchasing? On that is it Mizuno's nievity to assume the consumer could educate themselves sufficiently??

Now get rid of Mizuno, and replace that name with ANYTHING and any brand.

To clarify my position here.

IF Mizuno had one point of manufacturer/assembly or whatever you want to call it. Lets, for argument sake say.......Japan. Everything is done through one little warehouse in Japan somewhere. It is distributed to centers with AUS, US and EUR all separately and all PRE ASSEMBLED to specification ready to go. Than, and only than, would I say...yep Mizuno AUS should be responsible.

But I believe, again not 100%, that Mizuno have separate manufacturer/assembly/distribution centres in AUS, US and EUR...therefore they are NOT global and purchasing from US while in AUS comes with the inherit risk that AUS mizuno may not be able to help a US purchase. Hell Europe only just got the EZ woods and US can't get access to certain models and styles.

But see my point above as to who to blame? Mizuno for lack of clarification or the consumer for lack of research/education??

Is it time for the consumer to start taking responsibility for getting the "cheaper" option?? Oh and by the way, don't start the discussion on why are things more expensive in AUS....that one sends me off my rocker....and I feel very unfair to Australia...but it is the hand we are dealt with. Suck it up and move on.

Hypothetical of course. I think Rowley is on the right course of action and keen to see how Mizuno (US or AUS) deal with it. After dealing with Mizuno I would be surprised if Mizuno AUS don't get involved and try something, I just don't think we as consumers should feel they are obliged to for ANY reason in this particular case. If they do help, that is going well and above what they would be expected to do.

Disclaimer: I am very passionate about this due to years of garbage from "educated consumers". I tend to get a bit....unlclear with my ramblings :)

3oneday
14th February 2014, 02:03 PM
I prefer short :) if the consumer is concerned about future warranty, they should ask at point of purchase.

If you didn't walk into Mizuno Australia (or say some little golf shop) to buy your product, what would you take it back there if you had a problem with it?

I can see both sides to most arguments, I personally would be pissed off if something I had made to measure fell apart, or got lost in a lake through no fault of my own HOWEVER I probably saved $500+ by buying overseas so once I calmed down I'd just go buy another locally and cut my losses.

Shortylook
14th February 2014, 02:07 PM
Clubs are in my hot little hand now fellas. I agree with you whole heartedly slothy,buy overseas and it goes pears happend and it's bloody hard work getting help service. I know from a year or so ago with fishing grea. Serves me right, saved $200 bucks on a reel and now it's u/s and nothing I can do about it, my bad luck, it won't happen again. Golf wise, when I have made big purchases, I have gone local, either peel golf or golfbox. other little things like towels, tees, shirts, and all the other crap I get I usually get from golf clearance outlet on line, I have used ebay, but found that there usually from Australia anyway. Shirt $9 bucks there $55 in store. I have got 1 driver off the net and had drama's, but callaway warranted that as it was 2 days old. Must be bloody tough to be in the retail game, but for me customer service = return purchases. My 2 cents worth

3oneday
14th February 2014, 02:09 PM
Your clubs are backwards.

Slothman
14th February 2014, 03:15 PM
If you didn't walk into Mizuno Australia (or say some little golf shop) to buy your product, what would you take it back there if you had a problem with it?

Sorry champ...not sure on what you are trying to say there??

Retail was hard before the Australian Dollar strengthened. It got REAL hard after it, consumers didn't help either :)

After being on both sides...some tips to help with customer service.

1 - Mistakes will and always will happen with products. So remember, you will not be the ONLY customer wanting help that day.
2 - Give them a chance to reasonably rectify the situation. Allow them to do/try what is suggested, even if you disagree with. Trust me, they want you gone as much as you want to be gone.
3 - If this doesn't work, give them a second chance. People make mistakes, it what they do after that matters.
4 - However if they require a third time, give the a choice. Say what you want and let them decide, but be reasonable, you have just let them hang themselves, give them a chance to do it properly.
5- DO NOT SHOUT OR THREATEN. This will get you absolutely nowhere.

Follow those 5 rules, and be nice about the whole thing regardless of how it has emotionally effected you, and things will be resolved. However realistic expectations never hurt either :)

Bruce Dickinson
14th February 2014, 03:24 PM
The Mizuno distributor for WA is small company with two staff who wholesales a number of golfing brands, and we have always had excellent service from them. They would be contracted to Mizuno Corporation Australia who would then deal with Mizuno headquarters in Japan

3oneday
14th February 2014, 03:26 PM
I'll bow out now, your expertise exceeds mine.

Slothman
14th February 2014, 03:32 PM
I'll bow out now, your expertise exceeds mine.

Wasn't what I intended champ. Sorry about that.

I should file that sort of topic with my other "no go topics" like religion and politics....hard to keep emotions out of them :)

I will bow out too....seems I might have got a touch too aggressive :)

Hey Bruce, out of interest, would you expect the Mizuno Distributor from Australia to get involved with something purchased from the US?? I would assume they would probably need to get information from Japan before preceding on something like that?? Pure guess on my part there, just asking.

I would be astounded if they would....I would not expect them too but would get about 3 thumbs up from me if they did....

Scifisicko
14th February 2014, 03:53 PM
Retail was hard before the Australian Dollar strengthened. It got REAL hard after it, consumers didn't help either :)
:)

How did the AUD strengthening make it harder? When our dollar was @ 50c, drivers were $600 at retail.

3oneday
14th February 2014, 03:59 PM
It was cheaper to buy overseas when the dollar was low, even more so when it hit parity.

Slothman
14th February 2014, 04:10 PM
As the AUD strengthened it became easier for consumers to purchase goods way cheaper overseas, bypassing the Australian retail sector.

Industries that had "universal" products (products identical no matter which country purchased) found this impossible to compete. Especially when the reduction in overseas purchase costs never flowed through the australian distributors.

For instance I sold a certain product. This product was sold by the Manufacturer to Franchise outlets and 3rd Party retailers like myself. They also sold online in AUS, US and all over the world.

If I looked on the US online store and converted to AUS it was nearly half price in US compared to AUS. Same product, made in the same place and just shipped out. This company offered me wholesale in Australia through their Australian distribution, a good discount as well. However it would have been cheaper for me to purchase on their US online retail store than through the AUS Wholesaler. With minimum monthly purchase prices required from Australian Wholesale the writing was on the wall. I got out early, other companies didn't and built a nice large debt.

I won't go much further into it than this. Australians pay WAY too much for good compared to conversion rates from other countries...some industries more than others.

http://www.customs.gov.au/faq/DutyGST.asp that is a good site as to what online purchases avoid when it comes to overseas purchase as well.

My statement was made in a general sense. Hope that clarifies it a bit...and by the way, this post is only the tip of the iceberg as to the difficulty for brick and mortar retail stores over the past 5 years :)

Bruce Dickinson
14th February 2014, 04:30 PM
Wasn't what I intended champ. Sorry about that.

I should file that sort of topic with my other "no go topics" like religion and politics....hard to keep emotions out of them :)

I will bow out too....seems I might have got a touch too aggressive :)

Hey Bruce, out of interest, would you expect the Mizuno Distributor from Australia to get involved with something purchased from the US?? I would assume they would probably need to get information from Japan before preceding on something like that?? Pure guess on my part there, just asking.

I would be astounded if they would....I would not expect them too but would get about 3 thumbs up from me if they did....
Unlikely that an Australian distributor would get involved Slothman but that's their decision to make

Slothman
14th February 2014, 04:53 PM
Unlikely that an Australian distributor would get involved Slothman but that's their decision to make

Yeh cool...interested to see what happens :)

Thanks for that.

rowey
14th February 2014, 08:00 PM
Guys have had a reply from Mizuno Aust & they are prepared to replace my club that came apart. They will also check other clubs through a local store & if they are also coming apart they will replace them which I feel is generous from them. So I am happy with the service I am & have received from both them & USA supplier

Ashes
14th February 2014, 08:06 PM
As the AUD strengthened it became easier for consumers to purchase goods way cheaper overseas, bypassing the Australian retail sector.

Industries that had "universal" products (products identical no matter which country purchased) found this impossible to compete. Especially when the reduction in overseas purchase costs never flowed through the australian distributors.

For instance I sold a certain product. This product was sold by the Manufacturer to Franchise outlets and 3rd Party retailers like myself. They also sold online in AUS, US and all over the world.

If I looked on the US online store and converted to AUS it was nearly half price in US compared to AUS. Same product, made in the same place and just shipped out. This company offered me wholesale in Australia through their Australian distribution, a good discount as well. However it would have been cheaper for me to purchase on their US online retail store than through the AUS Wholesaler. With minimum monthly purchase prices required from Australian Wholesale the writing was on the wall. I got out early, other companies didn't and built a nice large debt.

I won't go much further into it than this. Australians pay WAY too much for good compared to conversion rates from other countries...some industries more than others.

http://www.customs.gov.au/faq/DutyGST.asp that is a good site as to what online purchases avoid when it comes to overseas purchase as well.

My statement was made in a general sense. Hope that clarifies it a bit...and by the way, this post is only the tip of the iceberg as to the difficulty for brick and mortar retail stores over the past 5 years :)

Can you elaborate on this post at all?

Slothman
14th February 2014, 08:07 PM
Wow man...I must say...lucky...damn lucky.

I think Mizuno deserve a pretty big damn slap on the back for that one.

I had a feeling they would at least talk to you, they are a damn good company. I just would never have excpected it and am blown away they did.

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Slothman
14th February 2014, 08:10 PM
Can you elaborate on this post at all?

Nah....

:mrgreen:

Jackson
14th February 2014, 08:49 PM
Guys have had a reply from Mizuno Aust & they are prepared to replace my club that came apart. They will also check other clubs through a local store & if they are also coming apart they will replace them which I feel is generous from them. So I am happy with the service I am & have received from both them & USA supplier

Good result, well done to Mizuno. It would have been very easy for them to say no deal, and they would have been well within their rights.

Icestorm959
14th February 2014, 09:28 PM
Awesome customer service, current set of irons is Mizuno ans next set will be too!

BenM
14th February 2014, 09:45 PM
That is really good of Mizuno to do that.

In answer to your earlier question as to who is to blame Slothman, I completely agree with you that if you buy offshore you shouldn't expect local support BUT I think club manufacturers (as well as electronics manufacturers and lots of other manufacturers) have made a rod for their own back by setting pricing the way they do.

Australia ends up paying more for product in a lot of cases because big companies believe that the market can bear it. They drive people to purchase offshore by setting massively different prices in different countries / regions. Sometimes this is due to distribution agreements but ultimately it is the manufacturer that makes those agreements and allows it to happen because they think we can afford it.

The internet has changed the market forever and it will continue to change as more and more people shop that way. I would like to give my money to companies that show honesty in
pricing and set release dates and pricing that are equitable across all regions. I hate it that Australia is treated like a pimple on the arse of the world just because we're small.

oldracer
14th February 2014, 09:45 PM
Well done Mizuno, great customer service, reckon u been kissed on the ....by a leprachaun Rowey.

Shortylook
15th February 2014, 01:01 AM
Excellent outcome mate, glad for you, this and my problems restores my faith in mizuno, I'm glad too because I love their irons.

Johnny Canuck
15th February 2014, 11:50 AM
New irons. You are only getting 15 shots now, Shorty.

Shortylook
15th February 2014, 01:25 PM
New irons. You are only getting 15 shots now, Shorty.
I bet to differ thank you JC. Everyone gave Rory a couple months to dial in his new gear, so I think I'll get 22 shots thanks very much. Only trouble is they are so shiny I don't want to use them =P~

simmsy
15th February 2014, 01:56 PM
ride the honeymoon Shorty.

nadg63
15th February 2014, 01:57 PM

Wow, steps back in amazement!

Remember back when I bought a new set of MX-25's out of the States there was some issue with them and Mizuno Aus would not show any interest at all, which I accepted as being fair enough, so good score Rowey!

Shortylook
15th February 2014, 09:07 PM
ride the honeymoon Shorty.
Yes it will be good, wife away for the weekend so it's just me and the 54's ha ha. On a serious note, first hit today with the mp-54's today and they were very nice. Felt nice of the club and seem much more forgiving when you have a slight miss hit. The cut will be a good test for them on Monday.