PDA

View Full Version : RBZ 2 or Xhot

Clevo89
6th February 2014, 12:01 AM
Hi everyone, looking to upgrade my driver and these 2 clubs are around the same price range. Currently hitting an RBZ.

Any opinions on which is the better club. Was also looking at R1's but golfbox dont seem to stock them anymore

Cheers

JADO75
6th February 2014, 12:06 AM
Do yourself a favour & try the Jetspeed, I've had a stage 2 tour & a couple of x hots & they don't come close

Clevo89
6th February 2014, 12:10 AM
Thanks, what about the razr fit xtreme?

Mububban
6th February 2014, 12:27 AM
Lots of love for the Xtreme if you can cope with the smaller head size. I'm a hack and couldn't come to grips with the Xtreme, but the X Hot was instant love.

simmsy
6th February 2014, 12:31 AM
Didn't like the RFE or the Xhot.
Still find best results with RF.

Will be giving the BBA a bash soon though.

JADO75
6th February 2014, 01:02 AM
Plenty of love for the Xtreme when it first got released as I liked the smaller head size & the way it looked but I couldn't get consistent results out of them (I had a 8.5*, 9.5* & 10.5*). I felt like I crunched it off the tee only to get to my ball up the fairway & be 40m shorter than were I normally was. The original Razr Fit is much better than the Xtreme & is still a great performing driver when paired with the right shaft compared to today's latest & greatest.

3oneday
6th February 2014, 08:01 AM
Plenty of R1 drivers on ebay.com, all you need is paypal. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2013-TAYLORMADE-R1-R-1-DRIVER-STIFF-FLEX-ALDILA-RIP-PHENOM-GRAPHITE-/400657681721?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item5d490f0d39

rubin
6th February 2014, 01:29 PM
FWIW, I have had the RF, RFE, Xhot and X Hot Pro.

For my money, the X Hot Pro is it, and ive tested it up against the R1 with a similar shaft. For me, the XHpro is maybe slightly longer out of the screws, but it is by far longer more consistently.

If there is a forced carry, i'm not as concerned with going for it with the Xhot as I had been in the past with various other drivers (r11, RP Superdeep, Razr Fit etc.)

Yossarian
6th February 2014, 01:47 PM
Do you even play golf?

Johnny Canuck
6th February 2014, 02:08 PM
All drivers are going to fly a similar distance out of the screws. It comes down to getting the right head/shaft combo for you.

3oneday
6th February 2014, 02:20 PM
A forced carry with a driver, and you go for it?

What would the alternative be? Hitting wedge?

Johnny Canuck
6th February 2014, 02:21 PM

Not damaging the church.

rubin
6th February 2014, 02:31 PM

Forced carry was the wrong word. But the 210/220m carry that puts you in trouble if you mishit it.

Do you even play golf?

Occasionally. Played 2 weeks ago, 40 for the front 9 around Wembley Tuart. was quite surprised with that

Mububban
6th February 2014, 02:48 PM
Plenty of love for the Xtreme when it first got released......I felt like I crunched it off the tee only to get to my ball up the fairway & be 40m shorter than were I normally was.

40m?!?!?

Steve57
6th February 2014, 02:52 PM
I also found the RFE to be shorter than the original RF.

JADO75
6th February 2014, 03:56 PM
40m?!?!?

Didn't measure it to the cm but anywhere up to 40m mate, used to shit me to tears, tried 4 million different head/shaft combos & while there were some very long balls most were well short of where I'd be if I put a good swing on other well suited drivers.

Shane788
6th February 2014, 04:47 PM
Your jetspeed feel better than the 430cc SLDR Jado?

Clevo89
6th February 2014, 05:34 PM
Ended up getting the rbz 2, felt good in the shop and when i took it on course this arvo hit the ball really long and most importantly straight, ended up with the stiff shaft which i think will work nicely for me

Thanks for the input everyone

TheNuclearOne
6th February 2014, 05:53 PM
Do yourself a favour & try the Jetspeed, I've had a stage 2 tour & a couple of x hots & they don't come close

You're welcome brotha ;)

JADO75
7th February 2014, 12:23 AM
Your jetspeed feel better than the 430cc SLDR Jado?

Wouldn't say it feels better mate, the JDM 430 feels super soft, sounds sensational (to me) performs really well but for how much it costs it should feel better. That being said the Jetspeed feels better than the 460 SLDR & is so bloody easy to hit. I was crunching it with the stock shaft so I'm excited to see if or how much better it can be with a premo shaft. I think its been said before that the Jetspeed is seriously underrated & has kind of flown under the radar due to SLDR hype.

JADO75
7th February 2014, 12:25 AM
You're welcome brotha ;)

Thank you Sir, although it breaks my heart to see such a beautiful looking club like the JDM 430 on the bench due to the Jetspeed.