PDA

View Full Version : Vic club builder help.

TheNuclearOne
5th February 2014, 10:41 PM
Any guys from VIC that can help me with a problem?

Sold a 3Deep to oldracer (top guy) and it quickly developed a rattle inside the head. He's in Nagambie, apparently that's in the middle of Victoria.

Any hobbyists within cooee that could try to fish this rattle out? The boiling water bammo card has been played a couple of times with no lasting result. If anyones interested i'll PM idea's with them etc.

Cheers

LeftyHoges
5th February 2014, 11:29 PM
Boiling water bammo? Is that the same as heating the sole with a heat gun and smacking it on the ground / floor?

TheNuclearOne
6th February 2014, 06:34 AM
Close enough.

Dotty
6th February 2014, 07:16 AM
Here's a long shot ...

Send a PM to Vman. (Last on in 2011, but if I remember correctly, but he was based in Seymour and dabbled in clubmaking.)

If not here, then try send a PM on thegolfforum.com

chappy1970
6th February 2014, 08:20 AM
If he can post the head to me in Melbourne, I can take a look at it for him

chappy1970
6th February 2014, 08:40 AM
Scratch that idea, I suspect if he could remove head, he would have a fighting chance of fixing it himself

3oneday
6th February 2014, 09:14 AM
Surely a heat gun would be 10 times hotter than boiling water, just don't heat near the hosel?

oldracer
6th February 2014, 09:23 AM
I'm happy to post the whole thing wherever, just let me know, thanks

oldracer
6th February 2014, 09:25 AM
actually probably down your way Tuesday Chappy, if that suits everyone??

chappy1970
6th February 2014, 09:40 AM
No probs OR

TheNuclearOne
6th February 2014, 05:44 PM
I was hoping you'd post Chappy, your generosity and expertise knows few bounds. Cheers mate.

I'll PM a couple of thoughts and idea's before Tuesday mate, done a couple of these lately.

TheNuclearOne
6th February 2014, 05:46 PM
Surely a heat gun would be 10 times hotter than boiling water, just don't heat near the hosel?

True enough but i get a teeny bit paranoid with how easily the heat travels thru the head. I've had a success rate of about 5-5 with the boiling water, i leave it in for a couple of minutes.

Daves
6th February 2014, 06:37 PM
I was hoping you'd post Chappy, your generosity and expertise knows few bounds. Cheers mate.

I'll PM a couple of thoughts and idea's before Tuesday mate, done a couple of these lately.

I would be interested in the outcome. I have an RBZ 3 wood head with the same issue, and need to get motivated to try a "fix".

TheNuclearOne
6th February 2014, 06:40 PM
I would be interested in the outcome. I have an RBZ 3 wood head with the same issue, and need to get motivated to try a "fix".

All you need to do is find someone with the right tool and go thru the bottom port.

Daves
6th February 2014, 06:43 PM
All you need to do is find someone with the right tool and go thru the bottom port.

I have taken out the port bung, but didn't have any idea what to use once I worked out the piece was too big to fall out the port, or hosel. I am assuming it is a piece of epoxy. Heat was going to be my next port of call, unless I went down the Rat Glue track.