PDA

View Full Version : Seeing who owns a Golf Link number

Bucko
5th February 2014, 09:35 AM
Is there anyway to see the name that belongs to a golf link number ? Or does someone on here have access to find out ?

Reason I ask is a mate recently put his 3 cards in at the golf club we are members of, but hasn't received anything from golf link or the club. I've searched golf link by incrementing the numbers for our club and found two numbers that could well be his.

He intends to play in the comp this Saturday and would like to know now if his GL number is all sorted rather than wait for the day and find out its not.

I'd be happy to PM his name and the two GL numbers I think his could be one of to someone if they can find out.

KristianJ
5th February 2014, 09:41 AM
Does one of the numbers have 4 digits at the end that match his member number at the club?

Give the pro shop at your club a call...surely they'd have it in their system and the handicapper has worked out what his handicap will be.

mrbluu
5th February 2014, 09:42 AM
Is there anyway to see the name that belongs to a golf link number ? Or does someone on here have access to find out ?

Reason I ask is a mate recently put his 3 cards in at the golf club we are members of, but hasn't received anything from golf link or the club. I've searched golf link by incrementing the numbers for our club and found two numbers that could well be his.

He intends to play in the comp this Saturday and would like to know now if his GL number is all sorted rather than wait for the day and find out its not.

I'd be happy to PM his name and the two GL numbers I think his could be one of to someone if they can find out.

Is this a nigerian scam???

Daves
5th February 2014, 09:45 AM
The are only 2 ways that I know you can do it, both by default rather than specific functionality. And only 1 will possibly work in your case;

1) if you play in a comp that goes into GL, and you are a member of GL Mates, their name (if they played in the same comp) can appear on the results listing in GL.

2) as above, but via the Club's golf computer system (eg Mi Club) they should show name and GL number in a) results listings b) on Leaderboards c) via member look up facility;

Only 2 c) is likely to help you in your case. If you go into your club system, there is likely a members directory that you can look up details.

3oneday
5th February 2014, 10:12 AM
Ring your club and ask?

graham_w
5th February 2014, 12:20 PM
Ring your club and ask?

Why do that when there are much more difficult ways to go about it ??

davidw88
5th February 2014, 12:40 PM
Just go to your club and on tier1 they can search his name and the number will be there. I am the handicapper at my club if you want to send me the 2 numbers and his name i can start a competition and add the golf link number and see who's name comes up.

Dotty
5th February 2014, 12:44 PM
I can try, but I'll need his full name, date of birth, ATM password, driver's licence number, mother's maiden name, father's occupation and first pet's name.

:)

Steve57
5th February 2014, 01:15 PM
I can try, but I'll need his full name, date of birth, ATM password, driver's licence number, mother's maiden name, father's occupation and first pet's name.

:)

How is your Indian accent Dotty?
You sound like the guy that rings my home number every afternoon, telling me I have a problem with my computer!!

3Puttpete
5th February 2014, 01:19 PM
I reckon our online tee time booking system would give a name if it's a valid golflink number

Bucko
5th February 2014, 01:45 PM
Thanks to TS and 3puttpete for helping me out.

golfbound
5th February 2014, 01:58 PM
Just go to your club and on tier1 they can search his name and the number will be there. I am the handicapper at my club if you want to send me the 2 numbers and his name i can start a competition and add the golf link number and see who's name comes up.

I can do the same as this if interested