PDA

View Full Version : New Rac Balck TP Wedges

rick3003
2nd February 2006, 08:38 AM
Who's using/tried these. What are your thoughts?

BrisVegas
2nd February 2006, 08:42 AM
choppa's got 3 of em. Hopefully he'll see this thread and chime in. They sure look pretty. I had a quick go with em, hitting (scary) flop shots around his yard and thought they were fine. Hard to tell after a few dirnks though!

Matt 3 Jab
2nd February 2006, 08:51 AM
Ping's got some, didnt get to see them but i hear they are good

Choppa
2nd February 2006, 10:52 AM
Ok I am not the best player, or the biggest ho so you can take my opinion or leave it...I won't be offended.

I love 'em. They are nothing like what I am used to so I have a lot of work to do. The biggest change for me is that they generate some serious spin. I have read on this forum that they tear the ball to pieces pretty quick, but I never have a ball long enough to know so I'll defer that one.
For me they are really nice and easy to hit too. Whilst I am sure the clubs have plenty to do with it, I suspect never before having had a 52, and having different bounce to my previous wedges has a lot to do with it too.

Like I said, I am no Ho, but these babies will be staying in the bag for a while. (Until Jono sells that ugly thing of his)

Pinglauncher
2nd February 2006, 10:54 AM
I currently have a 58* and have a 52* that will be here next week. These are the best wedges I have used. Would not hesitate to recommend them.

kwantfm
2nd February 2006, 02:07 PM
I use 60* and 54*. I am getting ridiculous amounts of spin from the 60* (although at the moment they are very damaging to golf balls).

They feel great and look superb. Best wedges I have used.

reg320
2nd February 2006, 07:46 PM
I have a 58* used it the other day at Virginia. I was pretty happy with it. Will probably get a 54* as well.

macleod
2nd February 2006, 07:53 PM
i have the 58* on it's way supercheap :lol: oh i love beating people on ebay