PDA

View Full Version : Vic Champs Tees, Slopes, Ratings

AndyP
2nd February 2014, 09:18 PM
Lefty, could you please tell us what tees we are off, so we can suss out the ACRs and Slopes applicable for the days? I need to pre-enter stuff in my stats program, so it would be handy for me.

Monsta, dug up the slopes below.

Woodlands

Men - Blue: Slope 133, Par 72, Scratch Rating 73

Women - Red: Slope 130, Par 74, Scratch Rating 75

Royal Melbourne West

Men - Blue: Slope 131, Par 72, Scratch Rating 72

Women - Red: Slope 137, Par 73, Scratch Rating 73

Dunes

Men - Blue: Slope 141, Par 72, Scratch Rating 74

Women - Red: Slope Rating 133, Par 73, Scratch Rating 74

Portsea

Men - Blue: Slope 136, Par 71, Scratch Rating 72

Women - Red: Slope 134, Par 72, Scratch Rating 73

Kew

Men - Blue: Slope 127, Par 71, Scratch Rating 72

Women - Red: Slope 128, Par 73, Scratch Rating 74

Averages

Men's Average Slope: 133.6
Men's Average Scratch Rating vs Par: +1.0

Women's Average Slope: 132.4
Women's Average Scratch Rating vs Par: +0.8

Marto65
2nd February 2014, 09:21 PM
I understand we are off the Blues at Portsea and The Dunes.

Captain Nemo
2nd February 2014, 09:26 PM
I don't really want to know....

LarryLong
2nd February 2014, 09:50 PM
I think we're playing off the Oh Crap tees at Dunes.

oncewasagolfer
2nd February 2014, 09:52 PM
So what's the formula to work out what we will be playing off?

BenM
2nd February 2014, 09:56 PM
So what's the formula to work out what we will be playing off?

If you want to work it out you just go to your handicap page on Golflink and punch in the slope, it'll tell you what your playing handicap will be.

Or, you can download a slope chart and work it out that way..

WBennett
2nd February 2014, 09:56 PM
I think we're playing off the Oh Crap tees at Dunes. That is all of them isnt it? Especially on a 38 degree day with a hot north westerly!

oncewasagolfer
2nd February 2014, 09:57 PM
OK thanks Ben.

simmsy
2nd February 2014, 10:37 PM
I think we're playing off the Oh Crap tees at Dunes.

Oh crap!

LarryLong
2nd February 2014, 10:54 PM
That is all of them isnt it? Especially on a 38 degree day with a hot north westerly!

I've never been there, but I'm led to believe this is true. You might have lots of competition for first in bed from among the walkers if that sort of weather shows up.

Shadesy
2nd February 2014, 11:57 PM
Rumour is blue tees at Dunes and portsea as comp is available

LeftyHoges
2nd February 2014, 11:58 PM
Ok, not officially confirmed yet at RM, and it depends if we get into their weekly comp or not but what I can tell you is....

We won't be in comp at Woodlands, so we'll play off the plates regardless of where the tees are. So that'll be blues, 72 / 133.

RM west as above, I'd like us to play it from the tips at Scratch 72 / slope 131 (for some reason it says it's a par 71 but that's not true).

The Dunes is confirmed as blue tees, 74 / 141 and Portsea is also Blue at 72 / 136.

Kew will handicap us for the day and I'll see if we can play from the tips (we're not in comp there so shouldn't be a problem) so we'll say Blues 72 / 127.

To all participants, I'm sure I've said it before but I'll say it again. We have all your playing handicaps sorted right now, and will double check for any changes on Tuesday. As of Tuesday night whatever you are off is what you will play off for the entire champs. No correspondence will be entered into. (I've always wanted to say that!)

AndyP
3rd February 2014, 12:10 AM
I'm sure Shaz will be even more excited than I am to play off the "tips". It really is an obsession with some of you, isn't it?

LeftyHoges
3rd February 2014, 12:15 AM
You only get to play these courses once. May as well play them as they were meant to be played. They're not long anyway.

Woodlands is 6097, RM is 6044 and Kew is 6179. Hardly beasts, especially in the middle of a heat wave summer.

AndyP
3rd February 2014, 12:24 AM
You only get to play these courses once. May as well play them as they were meant to be played.
I disagree with the statement, but I've said it before. In this case, they may not be much longer, as most are members type clubs. Dunes may be a decent bit longer though. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it makes it like Royal Pines.

simmsy
3rd February 2014, 12:29 AM
Too right Lefty.

Even as one of the shorter hitters here I wouldn't want to play RM off the old boys tee blocks.

PeteyD
3rd February 2014, 12:51 AM
Play off the plates regardless of where the tees are? Will they let us do that? Surely the tees will be around there anyway

LeftyHoges
3rd February 2014, 03:12 AM
I disagree with the statement, but I've said it before. In this case, they may not be much longer, as most are members type clubs. Dunes may be a decent bit longer though. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if it makes it like Royal Pines.

Yeah, we're not off the tips at the dunes though, so that one I think is around the 6200 mark where as the tips there is 6400+. Portsea isn't off the tips either and will only be 5900ish. All fairly short really in the grand scheme of things.

shazza_rs
3rd February 2014, 07:49 AM
So I assume I'm playing off the red tees?

Captain Nemo
3rd February 2014, 08:03 AM
I'll play with you from there Shazz.....;)

AndyP
3rd February 2014, 08:05 AM
YAll fairly short really in the grand scheme of things.
Overall distance isn't the main concern. Taking away the risk/reward component of holes, like our round at Royal Pines, is.

LeftyHoges
3rd February 2014, 08:11 AM
Overall distance isn't the main concern. Taking away the risk/reward component of holes, like our round at Royal Pines, is.

Ha ha. I can't speak for the weekend, but I can guarantee you for weekday courses that the risk / reward is definitely there from the plates.

Waddzy
3rd February 2014, 08:16 AM
I enjoyed Royal Pines length.. I couldnt even make it to the fairway bunkers let alone worry about carrying anything. My biggest carry was actually getting to the short stuff.

LeftyHoges
3rd February 2014, 08:18 AM
I enjoyed Royal Pines length.. I couldnt even make it to the fairway bunkers let alone worry about carrying anything. My biggest carry was actually getting to the short stuff.

Yeah, there'll be none of that here, even from the tips. EVERY hazard will be in play!

Shazza, yes. The courses would be an absolute doddle for you off the forward ladies tees.

Shadesy
3rd February 2014, 08:44 AM

With Andy

Courty
3rd February 2014, 08:45 AM
with me ftfy ;)

AndyP
3rd February 2014, 09:18 AM
I enjoyed Royal Pines length.. I couldnt even make it to the fairway bunkers let alone worry about carrying anything.Which is why it made it boooooooring. There was nothing to think about, it was always driver off the tee without the risk of reaching the bunkers.

Daves
3rd February 2014, 09:22 AM
Which is why it made it boooooooring. There was nothing to think about, it was always driver off the tee without the risk of reaching the bunkers.

Mega would disagree with you on that! I think he found just about all of the FW bunkers.

AndyP
3rd February 2014, 09:27 AM
Mega would disagree with you on that! I think he found just about all of the FW bunkers.Megawatty? He didn't play the Champs Friday.

AndyP
3rd February 2014, 09:46 AM
Header post updated with all of the info that we know.

Men's Average Slope: 133.6
Men's Average Scratch Rating vs Par: +1.0

Women's Average Slope: 132.4
Women's Average Scratch Rating vs Par: +0.8

PeteyD
3rd February 2014, 09:46 AM
Dunes is the only course I think that might happen at Andy.

Daves
3rd February 2014, 10:03 AM
Megawatty? He didn't play the Champs Friday.

You are right, I was thinking of his round at Hope Island.

Bruce
3rd February 2014, 10:09 AM
We should not be playing off the plates at The Dunes. They do their tombstone challenge thing from there and no one has a good time. Get a dozen balls for playing to your hcp. Why the **** would we be planning on golf torture for an event like this?

Play off the blues where we should be. It puts the hazards at the right lengths for us and will be less tortuous.

AndyP
3rd February 2014, 10:33 AM
We should not be playing off the plates at The Dunes. They do their tombstone challenge thing from there and no one has a good time. Get a dozen balls for playing to your hcp. Why the **** would we be planning on golf torture for an event like this?

Play off the blues where we should be. It puts the hazards at the right lengths for us and will be less tortuous.We are off the blues at Dunes, Bruce. That seems like the right decision. Would you say off the backs for the other courses is okay with our length of hitting?

WBennett
3rd February 2014, 10:52 AM
It looks like we are off the right tees each day through Lefty's outstanding work.

Dunes off the Black is like Mt Broughton off the back. Painful and pointless (or the pointless is my scorecard after nine holes anyway)

Bruce
3rd February 2014, 11:09 AM
RM will have some blue tees that won't be the plates and they will be just fine for us. Not sure about Portsea. Whatever the regular tees for competition play are should suit us just fine.

PeteyD
3rd February 2014, 11:20 AM
All good. So Excited big Kev is worried.

Monsta
3rd February 2014, 11:26 AM
I can play just as bad from the back markers as I can from the whites/blues, so it doesn't really matter…….:D

LeftyHoges
3rd February 2014, 12:18 PM

The lengths of the courses you're paying from the tips are:
RM West: 5246m
The Dunes: 5164m
Portsea: 5211m

Are these long for women?

PeteyD
3rd February 2014, 12:34 PM
Looks like I get to play off 17 on Thur, Fri and MOnday, and 18 on the weekend. Does that make sense?

LeftyHoges
3rd February 2014, 12:41 PM
Looks like I get to play off 17 on Thur, Fri and MOnday, and 18 on the weekend. Does that make sense?

Without looking officially, that does sound about right. Most people are getting an additional shot over the weekend.

simmsy
3rd February 2014, 12:51 PM
Andy if it makes you feel more at home we can ask RM if they can setup their jnr tees so you feel more at home?

Plays at about 3000m

Waddzy
3rd February 2014, 01:12 PM
It seems ive been handicapped wrong for the weekend.. hopefully itll get sorted out before tomorrow otherwise I guess I will be off 1 stroke less than I should be..

shazza_rs
3rd February 2014, 04:56 PM
The lengths of the courses you're paying from the tips are:
RM West: 5246m
The Dunes: 5164m
Portsea: 5211m

Are these long for women?

My home course is 5303 so slightly shorter.

AndyP
3rd February 2014, 04:59 PM
My home course is 5303 so slightly shorter.You're the new favourite.

shazza_rs
3rd February 2014, 05:02 PM
I'd suggest that those courses will have a lot more hazards than my flat relatively easy course.

simmsy
3rd February 2014, 06:47 PM
i didn't know you were a member at MelvilleasyGlades Golf Club too Shazza?

Hux
3rd February 2014, 09:57 PM
I'd suggest that those courses will have a lot more hazards than my flat relatively easy course.

I've seen you make it difficult at times :-)

You will do your usual down the middle off the tee with a slight cut.

Move over DC - we have a new FAV :-)