PDA

View Full Version : Buggy Recommend

Buzz
2nd February 2014, 08:49 AM
So my old buggy finally died yesterday, it was an old cheapie from when I was only playing casually. It had a tyre blowout on the 18th (fortunately!!) so I am in the market for the new one.

Obviously a quick online search brings up a ton of options ... so what do ozgolfers recommend? I'd like something decent that folds down nicely, is stable ... I'd rather invest in something good that lasts but don't need the ultra model that will also make me lunch and hand me the clubs :)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Dotty
2nd February 2014, 08:56 AM
Clicgear 3.0

Buzz
2nd February 2014, 09:05 AM
Hmmm interesting just saw a video review and that clicgear folds down amazingly well.

tyrob
2nd February 2014, 09:23 AM
+1

Buzz
2nd February 2014, 09:34 AM
3.0 or 3.5+? Seeing several different models with a quick google

Tank33
2nd February 2014, 09:43 AM
3.5+ is the current model. Highly recommended.
I dont think there is any better push buggy.

Buzz
2nd February 2014, 09:49 AM
Certainly looks good from what I've seen so far.

Preferred purchase location? Drummond don't seem to stock them.

Lemo
2nd February 2014, 09:57 AM
Clic Gear have a new 4 wheel model coming out!

Tank33
2nd February 2014, 10:01 AM
Powergolf? Your club's proshop?

Buzz
2nd February 2014, 10:12 AM
Proshop doesn't seem to carry it so will be looking at reptuable online retailers I guess.

Courty
2nd February 2014, 10:50 AM
Good prices here: http://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/golf-buggies/pull-push-buggies/clicgear-golf-cart-3-5-free-clicgear-storage-hook.html

Grunt
2nd February 2014, 11:01 AM
Pretty happy with my Costco one so far. Fold small too. Not bad for $125.

Buzz
2nd February 2014, 11:26 AM
Pretty happy with my Costco one so far. Fold small too. Not bad for $125.

What brand is it??

Grunt
2nd February 2014, 12:12 PM
I will have to look not a major brand here in oz but a good compromise
I will look it up for you and repost a link here.

Grunt
2nd February 2014, 12:19 PM
http://www.caddytek.com/caddytek/product/view.aspx?pid=22

Buzz
2nd February 2014, 12:50 PM
Hmmm that does look decent for half the price! Thanks for the link.

goonie
2nd February 2014, 01:25 PM
I have a Flip n Go, and a few other Ozgolfer do as well, its been great so far, folds up really small and it can carry a tour bag which a Clicgear struggles to do, unless you mount it sideways.

http://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/golf-buggies/pull-push-buggies/flip-n-go-buggy.html

Daves
2nd February 2014, 01:37 PM
I have a Flip n Go, and a few other Ozgolfer do as well, its been great so far, folds up really small and it can carry a tour bag which a Clicgear struggles to do, unless you mount it sideways.

http://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/golf-buggies/pull-push-buggies/flip-n-go-buggy.html

A mate recently bought a 3 wheel Axelgo, the sister model to the Flip N Go 4 wheeler. He is pretty happy with it so far, and the price was right;

http://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/golf-buggies/pull-push-buggies/axglo-trilite-golf-buggy.html

Buzz
3rd February 2014, 09:41 AM
Does anyone know when the new clicgear 4 wheeler is due out ... Maybe the 3.5 might be cheaper when the newer one arrives

mrbluu
3rd February 2014, 09:47 AM
If u can wait GCO have a 20% off buggies and accessories sale every now and then.

Buzz
3rd February 2014, 10:04 AM
Potentially, although I'll have to pay for local hire ones so I'll guess there will be a point where it costs more to wait :-)

mrbluu
3rd February 2014, 10:06 AM
If you got a carry bag, maybe you can carry your clubs til then ;-)

Daves
3rd February 2014, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know when the new clicgear 4 wheeler is due out ... Maybe the 3.5 might be cheaper when the newer one arrives

Why would it be cheaper? The 4 wheeler model will be marketed as a premium/up market product I would think. They aren't going discount their core product further and bandicoot it.

wazandnic
3rd February 2014, 11:32 AM
I've got the Bag Boy Quad (note it's very similar to grunts Costco one)

http://www.bagboycompany.com/products/golf-carts/quad-push-cart-four-wheel-push-cart-bag-boy-push-cart.html

I picked it up from Powergolf and actually went in there to buy a Clicgear but the sales guys were all busy so I had plenty of time to play with the buggies, try different bags on them etc. and ended up going with this one due to following:

- with no instructions or any one to show me I just couldn't work out how to fold up the clicgear. I have heard you work it out eventually but just something that got me at that point. The Quad is pretty much bang bang and it's folded.
- after putting some bags on I actually found the Quad had more room for the stand. (I use a stand bag on the buggy) The clic gear I found the bag had to sit sideways due to the legs. The Quad had an area the legs could just sit in, both top pivot area and base leg push out part... if that makes sense?
- I found the quad a little more compact, when folded and when in use. The clicgear seemed really long whilst the quad just seemed quite squat basically not much longer then your bag and was be able to turn on a dime.
- I found the bag sat up a bit straighter on the Quad making it easy to get to all clubs, whilst the bag on the clicgear sat quite flat with the clubs in the lower pockets closest to the buggy kind of harder to get to.

Anyway, just some observations from me. The clicgears are a great buggy also and I know many guys with them that love them. And as I said I went in to get a cliggear... but after playing with all the buggies for 10 mins or so I came away with the Quad and am still happy with it almost a year on.

Cheers,
Waz

WBennett
3rd February 2014, 01:23 PM
Anyone used the Rovio? My clicgear is showing signs of aging, and the proshop has Rovios. I have enough credit to get one but haven't heard any reports about them.

simmsy
3rd February 2014, 02:05 PM
U mean Rovic?

simmsy
3rd February 2014, 02:06 PM
I have one. They are very good. Would happily buy another when ever this one dies.
No better than CG but not anything worse either.

Buzz
3rd February 2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the excellent additional info all. I will see if the pro shop has any of these, failing that I'll go out to Canberra international golf centre and kick some tyres armed with all this info.

WBennett
3rd February 2014, 02:26 PM
Yeah simmsy, thats the one. I figured i would prefer to spend my pro shop credit and allow real money to be spent on blow and hookers this weekend.

BUSHY
3rd February 2014, 02:28 PM
I would check out a Smoothy Micro Suspension. Great buggy, smooth ride and everything is included. No need to buy accessories.

http://www.underpar.com.au/index.php/products/buggies/micro-suspension/76/172/81

Hatchman
3rd February 2014, 04:00 PM
Not happy with the way my Triumph rolls. It's a lot heavier to push/pull than my old Smoothy Classic. Really noticeable going up hill late in the game on bad day or when it's stinking hot.

Need to put my big loaded staff bag on a Clicgear to see what it's like.

graham_w
4th February 2014, 05:22 AM
Clicgear now has staff bag bits that you add to the cart that allows staff bags to sit properly.

PeteyD
4th February 2014, 08:18 AM
Smoothy Rovic is a great buggy. Folds up really small. Handle goes a bit higher than most others so it is good for tall people.

Hatchman
4th February 2014, 02:02 PM
Clicgear now has staff bag bits that you add to the cart that allows staff bags to sit properly.

I know, and sh!ts me that this part came out about 2-3 weeks after I forked out money for the Triumph :smt011

solarbear
4th February 2014, 02:21 PM
Any buggy I could use a stand bag on without turning it sideways?

PeteyD
4th February 2014, 02:28 PM
I use a Robichaud with the stand bag on it straight up.

Hatchman
4th February 2014, 09:15 PM
How much difference is there between the Clicgear 3.0 and 3.5?

mrbluu
4th February 2014, 09:19 PM
How much difference is there between the Clicgear 3.0 and 3.5? From what I read the 3.5 has a better braking system

WBennett
4th February 2014, 09:45 PM
I busted the brake on my 3.0 within 12 months or so...

BenM
4th February 2014, 09:57 PM
3.5 also has slightly different straps to hold the bag in place. Supposedly easier to clip together.

Courty
4th February 2014, 10:00 PM
3.5 also has slightly different straps to hold the bag in place. Supposedly easier to clip together.

Try telling Solarman that. He had to call the helpline to figure it out.

BenM
4th February 2014, 10:05 PM
Try telling Solarman that. He had to call the helpline to figure it out.

Fair dinkum. They don't look that difficult.... But then bunkers don't look that difficult to me either....

Buzz
5th February 2014, 04:59 PM
Try telling Solarman that. He had to call the helpline to figure it out. Hmmm this is a worry, 3.5 is leading in the race to this point but I'm not renowned for my mechanical ability. Nor my golfing ability come to think of it :)

mrbluu
5th February 2014, 05:53 PM
Hmmm this is a worry, 3.5 is leading in the race to this point but I'm not renowned for my mechanical ability. Nor my golfing ability come to think of it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGpzbctuOxw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Buzz
5th February 2014, 06:00 PM
Awesome, just need that guy to come with me each round

(Thanks for the link though) :)

wazandnic
5th February 2014, 09:24 PM
Or this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmII6GrQif4

Buzz
7th February 2014, 07:43 PM
Clicgear 3.5 purchased!

mrbluu
7th February 2014, 08:35 PM
Clicgear 3.5 purchased! Welcome to the club!!!

Buzz
8th February 2014, 07:30 AM
Thanks, looking forward to giving it the inaugural run this morning!

mrbluu
8th February 2014, 07:37 AM
Thanks, looking forward to giving it the inaugural run this morning!

U need to limo it out when GCO or golfbox have sale on accessories

Jarro
8th February 2014, 08:32 AM
Great buggy the ClicGear .... you won't be disappointed :)

Buzz
8th February 2014, 06:26 PM
It went great today ... very happy. Yep the straps are easy, the only thing I don't like is they tend to dangle a bit when folding up, or maybe I am not doing that part right.

As for the accessories ... the guy at the shop tried (joking I think) to interest me in the cigar holder!

Shortylook
8th February 2014, 08:27 PM
Clic gear are great. A million different accessories and nice and strong

solarbear
8th February 2014, 09:53 PM
Do they have a beer keg attatchments?

Dotty
8th February 2014, 10:24 PM
I've got the Bag Boy Quad (note it's very similar to grunts Costco one)

http://www.bagboycompany.com/products/golf-carts/quad-push-cart-four-wheel-push-cart-bag-boy-push-cart.html

I picked it up from Powergolf and actually went in there to buy a Clicgear but the sales guys were all busy so I had plenty of time to play with the buggies, try different bags on them etc. and ended up going with this one due to following:

- with no instructions or any one to show me I just couldn't work out how to fold up the clicgear. I have heard you work it out eventually but just something that got me at that point. The Quad is pretty much bang bang and it's folded.
- after putting some bags on I actually found the Quad had more room for the stand. (I use a stand bag on the buggy) The clic gear I found the bag had to sit sideways due to the legs. The Quad had an area the legs could just sit in, both top pivot area and base leg push out part... if that makes sense?
- I found the quad a little more compact, when folded and when in use. The clicgear seemed really long whilst the quad just seemed quite squat basically not much longer then your bag and was be able to turn on a dime.
- I found the bag sat up a bit straighter on the Quad making it easy to get to all clubs, whilst the bag on the clicgear sat quite flat with the clubs in the lower pockets closest to the buggy kind of harder to get to.

Anyway, just some observations from me. The clicgears are a great buggy also and I know many guys with them that love them. And as I said I went in to get a cliggear... but after playing with all the buggies for 10 mins or so I came away with the Quad and am still happy with it almost a year on.

Cheers,
Waz
Ditto.

Electric buggy battery poo'ed itself during the week, and was tossing up the cost of a new battery vs. new buggy. I was planning to go Clicgear again, but the pro steered me towards a BagBoy Triswivel, for similar reasons to Waz.

Fits the stand bag brilliantly. Not as easy to fold as the Quad, but touch better than Clicgear (no bag supports to fold in). Two wheel brake and front wheel steering lockout controls at hand.

Comes with a removable 'frame pouch', which I've stuffed with rainjacket, gloves, bagcover and brolly clamp. This can sit in the back of the car, until needed, rather than keeping stuff in the bag permanently or leaving it at home.

Buzz
9th February 2014, 07:53 PM
I must be doing something wrong with the clicgear ... given the 39 degree forecast today I joined the ranks of those putting up umbrellas for shade, but it blew out of the holder twice and I gave up :/

mrbluu
9th February 2014, 07:55 PM
I must be doing something wrong with the clicgear ... given the 39 degree forecast today I joined the ranks of those putting up umbrellas for shade, but it blew out of the holder twice and I gave up :/ There is a little elastic strap on the umbrella holder, put that over the end of the umbrella handle.

Buzz
9th February 2014, 08:07 PM
I wondered what that was for ... like I said, not mechanical :)

wizard_of_oz
9th February 2014, 09:16 PM
I wondered what that was for ... like I said, not mechanical :)You expected the umbrella to stay put without anything holding it in place? :S bahahahah...