PDA

View Full Version : Speedblades, shaft help please.

Scifisicko
30th January 2014, 04:15 PM
Nothing "blades" about them but the ball pings off the face and goes miles, mainly up but also long. Apparently the same trampoline tech in the driver face is now in the tacked on faces (if you want to chip over the green try the pitching wedge). The distances are quite consistent and they are satisfying to hit except for the fact that they feel super light. Because they go so ridiculously high i want to replace the 85g whizzmasters with a set of rifle FCM 6.5s, also to add some weight. SW with 85g shaft is D2 ish, can someone tell me what changing shaft will do to swing weight? Because the whole unit feels so light, I suspect that the heads are lighter than a standard club head. Im aiming for around D3-4 and am happy to lose a little shaft length to get this, can anyone tell me how this would pan out?

JADO75
30th January 2014, 04:31 PM
I can't help with your questions sorry but how do find your driver set up?

Captain Nemo
30th January 2014, 04:33 PM
Wow, I think you'd be best served going to a Pro or fitting centre than getting a shitload of unwarranted suggestions on here...
Good luck with it!

3oneday
30th January 2014, 04:39 PM
Sounds like a Virge question, isn't he a mate of yours?

Captain Nemo
30th January 2014, 04:42 PM
Who me?

3oneday
30th January 2014, 04:47 PM
It's not all about you :)

JADO75
30th January 2014, 04:50 PM
TNHO is your man I'd say

Scifisicko
30th January 2014, 06:07 PM
Jado...re driver..huh? as in what is it...11 degrees and the draw(U) setting...as in do i like it...yes, it wont go left, it looks like a golf club, the ball barely spins, sound is mint... what do i notice most about it? the shaft is stout, i whack it and i get nothing back from the tip (less than fubuki x)...is it long? not especially - same as everything else (except 15 yards longer than the SLDR)

Captain Nemo
30th January 2014, 08:27 PM
Jado...re driver..huh? as in what is it...11 degrees and the draw(U) setting...as in do i like it...yes, it wont go left, it looks like a golf club, the ball barely spins, sound is mint... what do i notice most about it? the shaft is stout, i whack it and i get nothing back from the tip (less than fubuki x)...is it long? not especially - same as everything else (except 15 yards longer than the SLDR)

:smt044

TheNuclearOne
31st January 2014, 03:27 AM
You might crack it minus 1/2" length. I did similar with my Burner 2.0's (identical concept as was the Burners prior and rocketbladez) but did it easier than you due to liking KBS which are counter balanced.

davidw88
31st January 2014, 01:33 PM
I have s300's in my set of speed blades with the 5 iron playing at 38.5, they feel alright not sure of the swing weight but i got them from taylormade with the shafts in them.

TheNuclearOne
31st January 2014, 01:39 PM
That's 1/4" over the stock standard length with light shafts, see if you can get them on a SW scale.