PDA

View Full Version : Now I am a 3 and 5 wood HO

andylo
6th July 2004, 05:53 PM
FINALLY!!!

My Sonartec Super S.S. Pro 3 wood (14°) is arrived.... although it's 2nd hand, it comes with NV 75 Stiff shaft. Paid $250 (that's the only down side :cry:...... instant noodle for the next 21 days, day and night :cry: :cry: :cry: ) but I do need a 3 wood.

Will try it tomorrow in River Lake track and I wish I won't hook too many into the water :lol: (Yes, the 5 wood tend to hook a bit)

Now my fairway woods are set. :D

AndyP
6th July 2004, 06:39 PM
Not sure that you are a ho yet, andylo. Might need to make a few more purchases. :roll:

Riverlakes is a very bad choice of course if you are trying to avoid water. :shock:

andylo
7th July 2004, 05:52 PM
A review on the 3 wood. :)

The general condition of the 3 wood is really 8/10. It's not that bad, but quite obvious it has been used. But at least there're no sky marks or other unwanted damages.

The NV shaft is sooooooo light!! At the hole number 10 I finally has the chance to unleash it.... and guess what, it's too light and making my upper body turn quite a lot faster than my bottom.... so I "airball" it! :oops:

So tee up again, execute a slight slower swing then I hit the ball, then TOP it! LOL :lol:

Anyway, I keep using it (and try to get used to it) whenever I had chance, and finially at the hole 18 I need to tee it up with 3 wood because there's a left dog leg and the dog has very short foreleg (if you understand what I mean).... I thought it will go about 210-220 meters.

I executed a near perfect swing, TING!! The ball just run away from me as hard as it can... carried SO LOOOOOOOOG and drop on the ground and keep rolling for a long long time....

I couldn't find the ball until the moment I almost gave up.... and it went into the waterside long rough and almost went into the water, a distance I usually need the driver to make it. When I look back and I just realise I unleashed a 240 meters 3 wood drive! WOW!!! :shock:

It feel good :D

Jarro
8th July 2004, 05:20 AM
Nice pick-up Andylo :D

you gotta have a good 3 wood in the bag... it's very useful when the Big Dog starts to misbehave off the tee :(

By the sounds of it you should be using off the tee if you're hitting it 240 meters :shock:

well done mate :wink: