PDA

View Full Version : If you left your clubs next to the practice green

Ferrins
21st January 2014, 07:38 PM
If you drove to your club early on a Saturday and left them next to the practice green and came back at 5pm would they still be there?

Captain Nemo
21st January 2014, 07:39 PM
Mine would be in the pro shop, or club secretary office....they know they would get a nice reward.

backintheswing
21st January 2014, 07:45 PM
Yes I would say in Mackay they would still be there. Comp all day from 6am, so no social players until late.

Jarro
21st January 2014, 07:52 PM
No, they'd be in the pro-shop.

live4golf
21st January 2014, 07:56 PM
Pro shop for me... But a great excuse to buy more, thanks

Shortylook
21st January 2014, 08:22 PM
1 we don't have a practice green/area
2 it's usually comp day
3 some prick would steal them

Steve
21st January 2014, 08:25 PM
If old and crap they would be handed in, is shinny and expensive you'd never see them again

Haystacks
21st January 2014, 08:44 PM
Raymond Terrace...not a chance they'd still be there!

I could buy them back the next day from the local hock shop.

BUSHY
21st January 2014, 09:15 PM
I'd hope yes, or in the pro shop. However you never know these days. People steal range balls ffs!

Dotty
21st January 2014, 09:18 PM
By clubs, do you mean a full set in a bag or just a couple of wedges?

Either way, they would be handed in at the pro shop by the first person in the afternoon field to have a practice.

The whole morning field would ignore them.

LarryLong
21st January 2014, 09:19 PM
I could leave my clubs on the front nature strip and they would still be there.

If I had decent clubs and I left them at Queenscliff, I'd feel pretty confident of picking them up at the end of the day.

jimandr
21st January 2014, 09:46 PM
I haven't been at Ballina long enough to be sure, but the midweek comp days are dominated by old blokes who play every week. I suspect that the clubs would be handed in somewhere, and there might even be a note left in place where your clubs were to say so.

At Camden Lakeside you'd be lucky to see them again, and at the previous club, Camden Valley, anything longer than 15 minutes would be a risk. There was a sign on the proshop window advising players not to leave any valuables in an unattended bag, and there were stories of alleged thieves being caught in the act.

Many many years ago, I actually did get a 5 iron nicked out of my bag at East Hills. Back in those pre-internet days, the pro shops used to take the 5 iron out of the display sets to deter ram raid style thievery, so the 5 iron was a valuable club.

TS
21st January 2014, 09:52 PM
The club should still be there, there are people leave their bag or clubs on or near the practice green most days.

Leave my car door (not window) open the other day, come back couple hours later and everything is still there.

Coldtopper
21st January 2014, 10:12 PM
Wouldnt want try! Would like to believe that someone would hand them in! I do like BIS quote as a excuse to buy more?

Ron Burgundy
21st January 2014, 11:22 PM
Every club I've ever left anywhere on a course or practice green has been handed in to the pro shop.

Had my putter nicked out of my bag when stored in the garage once though. Didn't have any spares back then either and only noticed the morning I was going to play. Only club in the bag I absolutely had to replace before playing too. Bastards.

rough_rider
21st January 2014, 11:33 PM
nope garantee it would be gone, which is sad really...

Lagerlover
21st January 2014, 11:36 PM
Mine would find its way to the pro shop, couple of clubs taken out for giggles...

Ferrins
22nd January 2014, 05:04 AM
By clubs, do you mean a full set in a bag or just a couple of wedges?

J
Putter and a couple of wedges.

Jerry Springer
22nd January 2014, 06:31 AM
Gone.

As an extra bonus at Gungahlin Lakes, even if your clubs are in your bag, & mounted on a trolley, some dopey old bugger driving a cart will park right behind them while he goes for a chip. Then in a Magoo like performance, fails to see the the white orange and black bag in front of him as takes off, and he knocks them over and damages your bag and breaks your GPS holder as happened on Sunday.

Didn't even apologise.

Courty
22nd January 2014, 07:13 AM
I'd hope yes, or in the pro shop. However you never know these days. People steal range balls ffs!

I reckon they'd be ok (on a Saturday). Any other day is a lottery.

matty
22nd January 2014, 07:20 AM
Raymond Terrace...not a chance they'd still be there!

I could buy them back the next day from the local hock shop.

:lol:

matty
22nd January 2014, 07:23 AM

Yep. Saw this for the first time at Barnbougle Dunes. Bloke says to his mates, 'Maybe I should grab half a dozen balls from the range.' Off he runs. I gave him a look of WTF. He had no shame.

matty
22nd January 2014, 07:26 AM
Stonecutters Ridge and Richmond. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

Tank33
22nd January 2014, 07:45 AM
It would end up in the pro shop.

BronsonMarc
22nd January 2014, 11:17 AM
After about 2pm our club opens up to social golfers. Pretty sure they would be gone.

LeftyHoges
22nd January 2014, 11:38 AM
Gone.

As an extra bonus at Gungahlin Lakes, even if your clubs are in your bag, & mounted on a trolley, some dopey old bugger driving a cart will park right behind them while he goes for a chip. Then in a Magoo like performance, fails to see the the white orange and black bag in front of him as takes off, and he knocks them over and damages your bag and breaks your GPS holder as happened on Sunday.

Didn't even apologise.

:shock:

jimandr
22nd January 2014, 05:05 PM
The comment by TS reminded me of one of my more embarrassing golf experiences. Running late for my tee time, I absentmindedly left the car boot open, at Rosnay of all places. The 5th green runs back to the car park and one of the other players in my group saw the open boot and made a joke. I then had to pipe up and say "that's my car!" Amazingly, nothing had been touched.

liptout
22nd January 2014, 07:33 PM
Yep. Saw this for the first time at Barnbougle Dunes. Bloke says to his mates, 'Maybe I should grab half a dozen balls from the range.' Off he runs. I gave him a look of WTF. He had no shame.

But I lost that many on the first game I needed some more for the next round........

Gimme a break!!

;)

mrbluu
22nd January 2014, 10:12 PM
Gone. As an extra bonus at Gungahlin Lakes, even if your clubs are in your bag, & mounted on a trolley, some dopey old bugger driving a cart will park right behind them while he goes for a chip. Then in a Magoo like performance, fails to see the the white orange and black bag in front of him as takes off, and he knocks them over and damages your bag and breaks your GPS holder as happened on Sunday.Didn't even apologise.Was he looking skywards so he wouldn't have to look at those "greens"!!

rough_rider
22nd January 2014, 10:15 PM
i played with a guy like that one day, couldnt afford to buy balls but could afford to play a round and buy a $10 bucket of range balls to take on the course, ****ing spanner.

Daves
22nd January 2014, 10:53 PM
Gone.

Didn't even apologise.

I have had my Smoothy "run over" 3 times so far by old farts in carts. Still has me F'd how they manage it!, most of the time it hasn't even been in front of them, they have had to swerve to hit it! And these guys have car licenses as well, which is just scary!.

Yossarian
23rd January 2014, 12:46 AM
Off topic but there was a small fender bender in the carpoork the other day. The details don't really matter but the lady backing out bumped into the passenger side front bumper of the old boys car. The old boy got out and started checking out the drivers side of his car. Ah dear.

BUSHY
23rd January 2014, 09:33 AM
I reckon they'd be ok (on a Saturday). Any other day is a lottery.

I'd agree with that.

Dotty
23rd January 2014, 11:01 AM
Any other day is a lottery.
Six foot plus blokes in hi-vis shirts?

LeftyHoges
23rd January 2014, 11:10 AM

Pffft. He'd steal em out of his bag, let alone if they were left lying around.

Haystacks
23rd January 2014, 11:19 AM

Haysey going to work, or Courty going to golf?

Dotty
23rd January 2014, 11:20 AM
Haysey going to work, or Courty going to golf?
Or Solarman going to jury duty.

dunteachin
24th January 2014, 04:54 PM
When playing Half Moon Bay in Cairns last August I left the luggage box on top of the car wide open. Inside were my wife's clubs (she elected to drive the cart but not have a hit) plus a lot of our travelling gear. Even though the car was parked out front near the roadway, when we returned four and a half hours later all was as we left it - except for my red face of course.

serrz
24th January 2014, 09:08 PM
I would hope so. But you just never know nowadays.