PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 20 January 2014

KristianJ
20th January 2014, 11:56 AM
38 points this morning at Dunheved (18/20).

Didn't feel as if my ball striking was great, but putted well to leave myself with easy 2 putts and keep up my chances of a solid score.

Holed a bunker shot on 18 for birdie, which I was thrilled with!

Cap should drop to 11.1, I think.

mrbluu
20th January 2014, 01:16 PM
Good job mate and great way to finish a round

Dangals
20th January 2014, 01:16 PM
Well done kj - you are definitely playing well at the moment

KristianJ
20th January 2014, 01:22 PM
Thanks fellas...a little bit wonky off the tee (still a bit of work to get used to the Covert), but made up for that when it counted.

Given I'll have 4 comp rounds under the belt before next Monday at Cabra (plus whatever the new handicapping system spits out), I can feel single figures coming quicker than I expected!

oldracer
20th January 2014, 01:48 PM
got to put this up cause it's quite humorous to me anyway, had my first "comp" last thursday in the "chook run" and not knowing how much it costs or how to go about it, my playing partner sorted it out for me but forgot to tick me as having paid. Secretary rings and asks if I paid the $3 entry because she was $3 short, I said I had and reminded her she was beside me when I was putting the coins down the shute. She said, well good cause you won the chook!!!!!! Not having a handicap yet, she gave me a 27 for a net 31.5, pretty stoked, 1 comp 1 win, I'm on my way!!!!!!! only small beginnings but the tour is around the corner.

Hatchman
20th January 2014, 03:05 PM
38 points this morning at Dunheved (18/20).

Didn't feel as if my ball striking was great, but putted well to leave myself with easy 2 putts and keep up my chances of a solid score.

Holed a bunker shot on 18 for birdie, which I was thrilled with!

Cap should drop to 11.1, I think.

Well done, keep chipping away on the quest for singles.

got to put this up cause it's quite humorous to me anyway, had my first "comp" last thursday in the "chook run" and not knowing how much it costs or how to go about it, my playing partner sorted it out for me but forgot to tick me as having paid. Secretary rings and asks if I paid the $3 entry because she was $3 short, I said I had and reminded her she was beside me when I was putting the coins down the shute. She said, well good cause you won the chook!!!!!! Not having a handicap yet, she gave me a 27 for a net 31.5, pretty stoked, 1 comp 1 win, I'm on my way!!!!!!! only small beginnings but the tour is around the corner.

Out of the blocks early, good stuff.

mrbluu
20th January 2014, 06:20 PM
Thanks fellas...a little bit wonky off the tee (still a bit of work to get used to the Covert), but made up for that when it counted.Given I'll have 4 comp rounds under the belt before next Monday at Cabra (plus whatever the new handicapping system spits out), I can feel single figures coming quicker than I expected!So we going to be playing off the stick;-)

KristianJ
20th January 2014, 06:21 PM
So we going to be playing off the stick;-)

If we're playing putt putt, sure! :lol:

mrbluu
20th January 2014, 06:31 PM
Thanks fellas...a little bit wonky off the tee (still a bit of work to get used to the Covert), but made up for that when it counted.Given I'll have 4 comp rounds under the belt before next Monday at Cabra (plus whatever the new handicapping system spits out), I can feel single figures coming quicker than I expected!So we going to be playing off the stick;-)

Dangals
20th January 2014, 06:36 PM
So we going to be playing off the stick;-)

Forget to take your pills today? :roll:

oldracer
20th January 2014, 06:43 PM
Well done, keep chipping away on the quest for singles.

Out of the blocks early, good stuff. cheers mate

Coldtopper
20th January 2014, 09:59 PM
got to put this up cause it's quite humorous to me anyway, had my first "comp" last thursday in the "chook run" and not knowing how much it costs or how to go about it, my playing partner sorted it out for me but forgot to tick me as having paid. Secretary rings and asks if I paid the $3 entry because she was $3 short, I said I had and reminded her she was beside me when I was putting the coins down the shute. She said, well good cause you won the chook!!!!!! Not having a handicap yet, she gave me a 27 for a net 31.5, pretty stoked, 1 comp 1 win, I'm on my way!!!!!!! only small beginnings but the tour is around the corner. The miruas working for you OR? You must be rapt with the clubs?. Winning is everything. Good chook?

oldracer
21st January 2014, 07:40 AM
Cheers CT, love the bats, still working them out but a bit of confidence goes a long way, I'll get the voucher this thursday so I'll let you know how finger lickin the chook was....

Daves
21st January 2014, 09:33 AM
Thanks fellas...a little bit wonky off the tee (still a bit of work to get used to the Covert), but made up for that when it counted.

Given I'll have 4 comp rounds under the belt before next Monday at Cabra (plus whatever the new handicapping system spits out), I can feel single figures coming quicker than I expected!

You do realise that GL shutdown yesterday for the big recalculation and systems changes, and won't up again till Thursday?

KristianJ
21st January 2014, 09:38 AM
After I posted that I did, yes.

oncewasagolfer
21st January 2014, 05:03 PM
Stroke round at home today played with some old blokes I get along well with and was relaxed and played pretty well. It was quite windy and I didnt hit a green on the back 9 was just off the edge on a couple but chipped and putted well to hold the score together. I am now back on 8 so happy to be playing better coming into the vic champs.
75/65
5/14 fairways
3/18 greens
25 putts

oncewasagolfer
21st January 2014, 05:12 PM
Well played KJ and oldracer!

oldracer
21st January 2014, 05:51 PM
cheers mate, very nice numbers yaself!!!!!

oncewasagolfer
21st January 2014, 06:10 PM
Thanks mate just checked and I won today $30 gc credit for beers Thursday night:)

oldracer
21st January 2014, 06:42 PM
woofreakinhoo!!!!

Coldtopper
21st January 2014, 07:34 PM
Thanks mate just checked and I won today $30 gc credit for beers Thursday night:) Well done Rob, you could have a sip pre round with your winnings! NIce start to 2014 !

oncewasagolfer
21st January 2014, 07:36 PM
Well done Rob, you could have a sip pre round with your winnings! NIce start to 2014 !

Thanks mate.

KristianJ
22nd January 2014, 04:12 PM
36 points at Penrith (20/16).

Little bit of army golf off the tee, putted OK, but looking better around the greens after adopting the idea of using PW for my chipping around the green.

47 points in the 2 ball with 3OD was a pretty good effort (he had 40 points and looked a world different from when him and I played at Cumbo a couple of weeks ago).

Dangals
22nd January 2014, 04:28 PM

Little bit of army golf off the tee, putted OK, but looking better around the greens after adopting the idea of using PW for my chipping around the green.

47 points in the 2 ball with 3OD was a pretty good effort (he had 40 points and looked a world different from when him and I played at Cumbo a couple of weeks ago).

another good round KJ - if you keep this streak going you will be of single digits in no time at all!

jimandr
22nd January 2014, 05:23 PM
A headscratching round at Ballina today. In that I keep wondering how I only scored 32 points when I hit lots of good shots and not many bad ones.

Of course when I think a bit deeper I realise that I missed six putts under 5 feet, lost a ball in the rough that I suspect got hit by someone else, and three times hit shots too well, so they went through the back into difficult positions instead of stopping near the pin. Still, I'm encouraged by my ball striking today. A good round could be just around the corner.

blurry
22nd January 2014, 06:12 PM
37 (19/18 ) points today at Penrith off 9 , 3 x 3putts on the back nineTime for a new putter,, 12 birdy putts, didn't make one

mrbluu
22nd January 2014, 06:44 PM

Keep up the good work mate, save some for cabra though ;-)

A headscratching round at Ballina today. In that I keep wondering how I only scored 32 points when I hit lots of good shots and not many bad ones.

Of course when I think a bit deeper I realise that I missed six putts under 5 feet, lost a ball in the rough that I suspect got hit by someone else, and three times hit shots too well, so they went through the back into difficult positions instead of stopping near the pin. Still, I'm encouraged by my ball striking today. A good round could be just around the corner.

You're getting close Jim, the break thru will be soon!!!

37 (19/18 ) points today at Penrith off 9 , 3 x 3putts on the back nineTime for a new putter,, 12 birdy putts, didn't make one

Nice GIR stat mate!!!

blurry
22nd January 2014, 06:53 PM
A couple were just off , but still putting was best option

mrbluu
22nd January 2014, 06:54 PM
You either missed the green or u didn't, this won't look as good for your GIR stats but better for your pitting stats ;-)

KristianJ
22nd January 2014, 07:03 PM
Keep up the good work mate, save some for cabra though ;-)

Golflink being down may well be a blessing in disguise...Penrith aren't processing rounds from today, not sure about Dunheved or Stonies tomorrow. Half decent round on Sat will have me somewhere around 11.

I'll be saving plenty of good stuff for Cabra, I hope. :mrgreen:

blurry
22nd January 2014, 07:38 PM
You either missed the green or u didn't, this won't look as good for your GIR stats but better for your pitting stats ;-)

Ok then , 9 birdy putts , still missed the f*^£%n lot ;)

Eca
22nd January 2014, 07:49 PM
36 points also at Penrith. Enjoyed the round with KJ & 3OD.

Thanks for the gr8 day gents :)

mrbluu
22nd January 2014, 08:36 PM
Ok then , 9 birdy putts , still missed the f*^£%n lot ;) Regulation golf mate and u still broke your handicap. Was any/many of the putts inside 15feet???

blurry
22nd January 2014, 08:39 PM
Regulation golf mate and u still broke your handicap. Was any/many of the putts inside 15feet???

Only 3 :(

mrbluu
22nd January 2014, 09:54 PM
Only 3 :(

Dont be too hard on yourself, I think the tour ave outside 15feet is less that 20%....having said this buying new stuff is fun!!!

blurry
22nd January 2014, 10:07 PM
Dont be too hard on yourself, I think the tour ave outside 15feet is less that 20%....having said this buying new stuff is fun!!! Enabler:)

mrbluu
22nd January 2014, 10:09 PM
Enabler:) I heard all the cool fellas has counter balanced putters ate all the rage!!!

blurry
22nd January 2014, 10:12 PM
Can't talk binh, I'm in the pro shop:/

mrbluu
22nd January 2014, 10:13 PM
Can't talk binh, I'm in the pro shop:/

:D bwahahaha

3Puttpete
22nd January 2014, 10:14 PM
You need a rife

dunteachin
22nd January 2014, 10:26 PM
37 points and B Grade winner - still not happy with putting after 3 putting 5 greens - put it 75cms on the par 3 7th but someone came after with a 21cm shot - I bet he was peed off he didn't hole it, but it seems hard to get a NTP at this course as it's all-in and half the field seems to be A-Graders

today's round was handicap free due to Golflink being down so I get to battle Saturday still at 15.1 - assuming new system says so

ps: is anybody offering odds on whether Golflink will be up and running tomorrow as advertised

mrbluu
22nd January 2014, 10:29 PM
37 points and B Grade winner - still not happy with putting after 3 putting 5 greens - put it 75cms on the par 3 7th but someone came after with a 21cm shot - I bet he was peed off he didn't hole it, but it seems hard to get a NTP at this course as it's all-in and half the field seems to be A-Graders

today's round was handicap free due to Golflink being down so I get to battle Saturday still at 15.1 - assuming new system says so

ps: is anybody offering odds on whether Golflink will be up and running tomorrow as advertised

Well done on your round mate. At my home track the b and c graders normally knock it closer than the a graders.

KristianJ
22nd January 2014, 10:30 PM
You need a rife

I thought they were counter-productive when it comes to the acquisition of golfing paraphernalia...hence why I don't have one.

EDIT: Oh...you meant life.

dunteachin, I was under the impression that Golflink will be down tomorrow as well...

3Puttpete
22nd January 2014, 10:33 PM
I thought they were counter-productive when it comes to the acquisition of golfing paraphernalia...hence why I don't have one.

EDIT: Oh...you meant life.

I did mean the putter but must confess to a little chuckle to myself when I realised it could work in reference to the reopard pants.

KristianJ
22nd January 2014, 10:35 PM
I did mean the putter but must confess to a little chuckle to myself when I realised it could work in reference to the reopard pants.

Ah...I was assuming you thought he wasn't married.

dunteachin
22nd January 2014, 10:40 PM
dunteachin, I was under the impression that Golflink will be down tomorrow as well...

Sorry, Thursday out for Golflink. I'm still wondering whether it'll be back up on Friday then. After years working with computers I've never seen a bug-free changeover to a new system. If the techies at Golflink manage it I'll celebrate for them with a beer or two.

Waddzy
23rd January 2014, 08:28 AM
Managed to skip off from work early enough to fit in 9 holes yesterday arv with our new trainee pro. I hit 7/7 fairways and 8/9 greens ( 1 green missed way long picked up wrong yardage and made bogey) to equal my best 9 hole score of 2 under... far cry away from my handicap of 13 and I know being a social hit it doesnt mean much score wise but my alignment and ball striking felt great. Much much shorter off the tee but in the short stuff and hitting longer irons into the middle of greens with controlled swings not jumping on the ball , lag putting and take the par. only took advantage of the par 5's and short par 4's. weird feeling how easy I went around and hopefully I bring a new attitude to golf for the weekend. Just to be outdone the trainee pro shot 5 under for the 9 to show me how its done.

Im ready for it to all fall apart down in Melbourne but..

mrbluu
23rd January 2014, 08:46 AM
Managed to skip off from work early enough to fit in 9 holes yesterday arv with our new trainee pro. I hit 7/7 fairways and 8/9 greens ( 1 green missed way long picked up wrong yardage and made bogey) to equal my best 9 hole score of 2 under... far cry away from my handicap of 13 and I know being a social hit it doesnt mean much score wise but my alignment and ball striking felt great. Much much shorter off the tee but in the short stuff and hitting longer irons into the middle of greens with controlled swings not jumping on the ball , lag putting and take the par. only took advantage of the par 5's and short par 4's. weird feeling how easy I went around and hopefully I bring a new attitude to golf for the weekend. Just to be outdone the trainee pro shot 5 under for the 9 to show me how its done.

Im ready for it to all fall apart down in Melbourne but..

Well done jwhizzle

#conqueredhalfthegame ;)

Waddzy
23rd January 2014, 08:49 AM
Well done jwhizzle

#conqueredhalfthegame ;)

It is the easy 9.. which I generally shoot maximum of 3-4 over anyway haha might have to sort out that front 9.

mrbluu
23rd January 2014, 09:02 AM
It is the easy 9.. which I generally shoot maximum of 3-4 over anyway haha might have to sort out that front 9.

U still shot 4-6,shots lower than u normally would. I'm happy to that over 36 holes....

blurry
23rd January 2014, 04:58 PM
Ah...I was assuming you thought he wasn't married. She's a psychologist , she can't help me :-/

dunteachin
23rd January 2014, 09:15 PM
Sorry, Thursday out for Golflink. I'm still wondering whether it'll be back up on Friday then. After years working with computers I've never seen a bug-free changeover to a new system. If the techies at Golflink manage it I'll celebrate for them with a beer or two. Guess I'll need to buy a beer or two. New GA handicap 13.1, lost 2 strokes. I'll have to seek out a 113 course to play off it (grin)

Coldtopper
25th January 2014, 08:09 AM
A headscratching round at ??? today. In that I keep wondering how I only scored 32 points when I hit lots of good shots and not many bad ones.

Of course when I think a bit deeper I realise that I missed six putts under 5 feet, lost a ball in the rough that I suspect got hit by someone else, and three times hit shots too well, so they went through the back into difficult positions instead of stopping near the pin. Still, I'm encouraged by my ball striking today. A good round could be just around the corner. same as many here! Next round it will be better. You must be having another round today?

Matt 3 Jab
25th January 2014, 12:59 PM
Struggles with the driver continue!

4/14 fairways (only 1 was with the driver, 307m high flight so there is hope)

8/18 greens

30 putts with the short counterbalanced putter.

31 points. Not a lot of good came from the round other than I hit the irons pretty well

BenM
25th January 2014, 01:23 PM
36 points today off my shiny new handicap.

Had three wipes (including the first 2 holes).

On the upside had 3 birdies, should've been 4. Left heaps out there with bad putting and chipping.

Still cannot depend on driver to stay in play. Hit 4 wood pretty well though (3/4 fairways with it) so might just forget I own a 1 wood.

KristianJ
25th January 2014, 02:48 PM
34 points (17/17) this morning at Richmond. A rather unspectacular round of golf...

Iron play was poor today...given that I hit more than half of the fairways and had simple approach shots most of the time, I should have hit the ball a lot closer to the hole than I did. Distance control and direction was just a little off.

33 putts (3 x 3 stabs) included about 4 lip outs.

R11 dot head was excellent once I got into rhythm...a definite keeper.

Next round is Cabra on Monday.

idgolfguy
25th January 2014, 03:25 PM
Net 74 for MM.
Unfortunately, 5 doubles, 4 of them on the 2nd-9.

bdoug10
25th January 2014, 05:57 PM
39p for me today 21 and 18 might get a ball

GuyIncognito
25th January 2014, 07:46 PM
Lip out for birdie on 1
Birdie 2
Birdie 3
Lipout for birdie 4
Birdie 5
Birdie 6
Par 7
Horseshoe for birdie 8...

Then it went a bit downhill... Still 41pts was enough to win the day and get me back down to 5...

Would have been fun to be -7 thru 8 though...

Buzz
25th January 2014, 08:39 PM
Nett 74 in my first Monthly Medal since returning to golf, was amazingly good enough for third in C grade.

Felt like I played mediocre but I chipped in on the third and 17th, only from the fringe but it all helps!

mrbluu
25th January 2014, 08:55 PM
Nice rounds boys!!!

highballin
25th January 2014, 09:25 PM
46pts 2 birdies missed at least 4 putts from 3ft. Main thing for me was no blowouts one double was the worst.
80 off the stick lookout 70's here I come :lol:

Buzz
25th January 2014, 09:27 PM
46pts 2 birdies missed at least 4 putts from 3ft. Main thing for me was no blowouts one double was the worst.

Wow thats an amazing round, congrats!

oncewasagolfer
25th January 2014, 09:53 PM
Great score highballin!

36pts today 17/19 wiped the last where a par would have given me the win. Played some good golf lipped out on 4 putts narrowly missed a 20 foot eagle putt on the 1st. 2 sub 80 rounds in a row even with the 7 on the last.

catch22
25th January 2014, 09:53 PM
wow very nice! congrats on the 80!

I had 95/81, had another bad day with the driver (and pretty much everything else)

Had a 10 on one hole, and two triples after rare drives down the middle of the fairway (4 putts doesnt help!)

mrbluu
25th January 2014, 09:54 PM
46pts 2 birdies missed at least 4 putts from 3ft. Main thing for me was no blowouts one double was the worst.80 off the stick lookout 70's here I come :lol: Great Job HB!!!

highballin
25th January 2014, 10:00 PM
Thanks fellas couple of weeks ago had 100 off the stick :oops: Shanks blades chunks test your belief.

Only things I committed myself to do today was to play every shot with good posture and balance 8-)

Johnny Canuck
25th January 2014, 11:34 PM
72/67 in monthly medal. Managed to only bring the cap down to 4.0.

V2 76x is a fantastic shaft. Great with the Razr Fit. It is so nice hitting fairways again.

idgolfguy
26th January 2014, 08:03 AM
Nice round JC.

3Puttpete
26th January 2014, 12:33 PM
30 points. Irons were poo.
12 fairways
2 greens
3 wipes
1 x 3 putt
1 birdie

I'll try again tomorrow

dunteachin
26th January 2014, 04:11 PM
35 points - feel like I left a few out there but putted a little better than I have lately.

Buzz
26th January 2014, 06:19 PM
I'm trying again tomorrow too. Gotta love a Monday on the course instead of the office!

highballin
26th January 2014, 07:51 PM
I'm trying again tomorrow too. Gotta love a Monday on the course instead of the office!

+1 on that. Gonna try and squeeze an early morn game in before taking visitors sight seeing :wink:

Coldtopper
26th January 2014, 08:50 PM
72/67 in monthly medal. Managed to only bring the cap down to 4.0.

V2 76x is a fantastic shaft. Great with the Razr Fit. It is so nice hitting fairways again. good round!

Coldtopper
26th January 2014, 08:53 PM
Great score highballin!

36pts today 17/19 wiped the last where a par would have given me the win. Played some good golf lipped out on 4 putts narrowly missed a 20 foot eagle putt on the 1st. 2 sub 80 rounds in a row even with the 7 on the last. getting the game in order for the win in few weeks owag?

oncewasagolfer
26th January 2014, 09:14 PM
getting the game in order for the win in few weeks owag?

Haha I'm not making any rash statements just trying to enjoy the game.

Coldtopper
27th January 2014, 11:36 AM
Haha I'm not making any rash statements just trying to enjoy the game. under the radar? You have the advantage as the fairways on the champ courses are so wide compared to the home gc! I wont tell anyone ! Keep posting the good numbers.

oncewasagolfer
27th January 2014, 11:45 AM
I must admit my driving does suit those style of courses:)