PDA

View Full Version : Changeover Issues....

clikchic
30th January 2006, 07:15 AM
Hey Guys.. Ok, we changed the forum over late last night so we didn't have time to test it at all apart from the bare basics. goughy tells me there are some issues with changing timezones which we need to look into. Please let us know in this thread if there are any further issues. Fingers crossed there are not too many! ;-)

3oneday
30th January 2006, 07:18 AM
Hi, it seems to jump to profiles without me selecting it and say the page cannot be found ?? I just have to keep selecting it from my favourites and after a couple of goes it returns to normal.

Pete

BrisVegas
30th January 2006, 07:24 AM
I'm getting the scripting error popup every time a page loads, which takes at least 10 clicks of "Yes"/"No"/"X" to get rid of. I also get these popups (albeit with less persistence) when I visit www/news.com.au ...

Anyone know what IE setting I need to change to avoid this. It's driving me insane.

all the messages are similar to this....

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8171/untitled24zy.jpg

drunken
30th January 2006, 07:38 AM
You may want to lock the Mod Areas.....just a thought.And I'm guessing that the OzGolfer Contact Directory will be open for all to see until a user list is created for it again.

clikchic
30th January 2006, 07:56 AM
I'm getting the scripting error popup every time a page loads, which takes at least 10 clicks of to get rid of. I also get these popups (albeit with less persistence) when I visit www/news.com.au ...

Anyone know what IE setting I need to change to avoid this. It's driving me insane.

Can't help you sorry, me thinks you need to change to firefox.. I am sure someone here might know tho...

clikchic
30th January 2006, 08:03 AM
You may want to lock the Mod Areas.....just a thought.And I'm guessing that the OzGolfer Contact Directory will be open for all to see until a user list is created for it again. Ozgolfer directory fixed, that was an oversight on my part. Which mod area's are you talking about???

AndyP
30th January 2006, 08:21 AM
Ozgolfer directory fixed, that was an oversight on my part. Which mod area's are you talking about???
Only the removed threads and admin discussion area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd change it but my admin link isn't working.

Is there any reason why we can't have www.ozgolf.net/forum redirected to here in the future (that is, when the changeover is completely safe)?

clikchic
30th January 2006, 08:34 AM
Only the removed threads and admin discussion area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd change it but my admin link isn't working.

Is there any reason why we can't have www.ozgolf.net/forum (http://www.ozgolf.net/forum) redirected to here in the future (that is, when the changeover is completely safe)?

Doh! Users on the Contact list were able to see the admin area, that is fixed now, not sure why that happened, must have missed it.. it was 1am when we were finishing up last night...and with only 4hrs sleep the night before I wasn't at my brightest. LOL

Re: redirect... None at all.. I wanted everyone to update their bookmarks first and after a few days I will set up a redirect.

I sent you a pm about your admin link.. working on that one...

AndyP
30th January 2006, 08:58 AM
It looks like I don't have full admin access, so can't help you out yet.

I had to go through and delete all my sent items, so I could read messages again. It seemed to recall sent items that disappeared from the phpBB sent items folder from ages ago.. It said that I had 186 messages, when I'm only meant to have 100, therefore couldn't receive any new messages. May need to think about temporarily extending the limit.

BrisVegas
30th January 2006, 08:59 AM
Can't help you sorry, me thinks you need to change to firefox.. I am sure someone here might know tho...

Yep, I installed firefox as an alternative browser and works fine now.

AndyP
30th January 2006, 09:05 AM
Yep, I installed firefox as an alternative browser and works fine now.
I wouldn't really count that as an acceptable solution. We should be able to view the forum from all common browsers.

Some of you may have noticed some slashes appearing in your signature. Who knows why, but they can manually taken out, by editing your signature via the usercp.

I've just changed all of my options to my personal preferences, I would suggest that you do the same.

goughy
30th January 2006, 09:15 AM
It looks like I don't have full admin access, so can't help you out yet.

I had to go through and delete all my sent items, so I could read messages again. It seemed to recall sent items that disappeared from the phpBB sent items folder from ages ago.. It said that I had 186 messages, when I'm only meant to have 100, therefore couldn't receive any new messages. May need to think about temporarily extending the limit.

Working on the admin access thing, and have fixed your PM limit.

(oops, forgot to log back in as clikchic)

connico
30th January 2006, 09:19 AM
I'm getting the scripting error popup every time a page loads, which takes at least 10 clicks of "Yes"/"No"/"X" to get rid of. I also get these popups (albeit with less persistence) when I visit www/news.com.au ...

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8171/untitled24zy.jpg

yeah change to firefox will fix it, its an error on the page, you can turn it of my turning notify off on scripting errors on IE settings

Internet options -> advance tab -> under browsing -> turn off the 5th options..."display a notification about every scipting error"

AndyP
30th January 2006, 10:36 AM
Not sure why I can't see all of the threads inside of a forum. For example, I can only see 5 threads in the Tour Talk forum, but there should be plenty more.

markTHEblake
30th January 2006, 10:38 AM
It said that I had 186 messages, when I'm only meant to have 100, therefore couldn't receive any new messages. May need to think about temporarily extending the limit.

SO how come you get 100 and I only get 50, is this because you PM behind our backs more than we do about you?

clikchic
30th January 2006, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't really count that as an acceptable solution. We should be able to view the forum from all common browsers.

Some of you may have noticed some slashes appearing in your signature. Who knows why, but they can manually taken out, by editing your signature via the usercp.

I've just changed all of my options to my personal preferences, I would suggest that you do the same. I am not getting the error that brisvegas describes from IE so I must have it set differently. (I knew it was in there somewhere but didn't know the exact setting. IE is a pain in the bum with all the errors it gives...

The slashes are a result of the export of the forum posts... I have run a cleaning script to get rid of most stuff but looks like they got left behind. vbulletin seems to like those slashes as I have noticed on my own site that now and again they appear in posts, but it mostly seems to happen in photopost.

Yup, lots of new options in the CP I have just this morning added a handycap field. I think I have covered all the issues so far except the user time thing.. will look into that one further...

markTHEblake
30th January 2006, 10:52 AM
I get the script error on every page, but its not popping up.

I cant see anything wrong with the page itself though.

andylo
30th January 2006, 11:06 AM
PM has problem.

It allow each user has only 50 messages. I try to send a PM to 3oneday, then it complaints MY box has too much messages. Delete them all then it complaint again say 3oneday's box got too many messages.

BrisVegas
30th January 2006, 11:10 AM
yeah change to firefox will fix it, its an error on the page, you can turn it of my turning notify off on scripting errors on IE settings

Internet options -> advance tab -> under browsing -> turn off the 5th options..."display a notification about every scipting error"

Yep - hunted around and already found that setting. It fixed it for ozgolf, but now i get a different error on news.com! Not too bothered. I'm liking firefox anyway... :-)

clikchic
30th January 2006, 11:12 AM
Not sure why I can't see all of the threads inside of a forum. For example, I can only see 5 threads in the Tour Talk forum, but there should be plenty more. It is only showing 30 days of posts at the moment..(vbulletin default) will get to that.. and set it to show all posts soon.

clikchic
30th January 2006, 11:15 AM
PM has problem.

It allow each user has only 50 messages. I try to send a PM to 3oneday, then it complaints MY box has too much messages. Delete them all then it complaint again say 3oneday's box got too many messages. I have set all registered users to have 200 PM's now...

clikchic
30th January 2006, 11:16 AM
Yep - hunted around and already found that setting. It fixed it for ozgolf, but now i get a different error on news.com! Not too bothered. I'm liking firefox anyway... :-) Firefox is way better! :-)

AndyP
30th January 2006, 11:18 AM
Firefox is way better! :-)
Except for in the chatroom we currently have, but then again maybe that will change too.......

andylo
30th January 2006, 11:19 AM
I have set all registered users to have 200 PM's now...

Thanks you :)

BrisVegas
30th January 2006, 11:30 AM
stoney can't post. is he activated??

clikchic
30th January 2006, 11:35 AM
stoney can't post. is he activated?? He for some reason was set as a user awaiting email confirmation.. have switched him to registered now... hopefully he should now be able to post ok..

BrisVegas
30th January 2006, 11:38 AM
cheers. talking to him now.

3oneday
30th January 2006, 12:37 PM
Assuming I click on User CP to get to my Profile, every time I do that I get an error page, link is http://ozgolf.net/profile.php and "page cannot be found. Happens half the time I visit the site as well, just jumps straight to that error/profile page ?? So I can't seem to access my profile.
Pete

clikchic
30th January 2006, 12:49 PM
Assuming I click on User CP to get to my Profile, every time I do that I get an error page, link is http://ozgolf.net/profile.php and "page cannot be found. Happens half the time I visit the site as well, just jumps straight to that error/profile page ?? So I can't seem to access my profile.
Pete Ok this is one I haven't been able to replicate, however this can be temporarily fixed by changing the link to http://ozgolf.net/forums/profile.php I think this is related to another issue we are having..just need to find where to fix it! ;-)

Bruce
30th January 2006, 12:58 PM
Pete

That one has been driving me mad today too. It's intermittant though and might be hard to work out.

clikchic
30th January 2006, 12:58 PM
Pete Are you or anyone else still having this problem?

3oneday
30th January 2006, 01:01 PM
Are you or anyone else still having this problem?hi, just logged back in now, choosing the new address from my favourites. The Ozgolf page flashes up then throws me to the profile error. Clicked the favourite link again, did it again, third time it stayed on the site.

Pete

clikchic
30th January 2006, 01:17 PM
Ok.. just an idea here.. it is possible it is trying to throw you to the profile page because there is something that needs filling out...(something compulsory that wasn't on the old forum) can you check that all your settings are correct using the http://ozgolf.net/forums/profile.php link?

Bruce
30th January 2006, 01:21 PM
Ok.. just an idea here.. it is possible it is trying to throw you to the profile page because there is something that needs filling out...(something compulsory that wasn't on the old forum) can you check that all your settings are correct using the http://ozgolf.net/forums/profile.php link?

If I use that link I get a 404 error Clikchic.

3oneday
30th January 2006, 01:24 PM
Yep, I can't even access my profile. I will clear everything and see if I can access my profile that way.

Pete

clikchic
30th January 2006, 01:24 PM
Ok, that is strange....because that is the correct link...

What if you use http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/profile.php

3oneday
30th January 2006, 01:27 PM
Yep, can get in there, the other just throws me straight to the error, as soon as I click on User CP.

Pete

clikchic
30th January 2006, 01:30 PM
Ok, we may be getting somewhere then... I will get back to you on this..

3oneday
30th January 2006, 01:31 PM
Now stopped !!!

Pete

clikchic
30th January 2006, 01:37 PM
Yeah! Anyone else having any problems..? It was a cookie path issue..

Grunt
30th January 2006, 02:27 PM
Hi
The only error message I get is the occasional file not found message when I am navigating around the site, seems to happen more often in the profile part of the site.

clikchic
30th January 2006, 03:20 PM
Hi
The only error message I get is the occasional file not found message when I am navigating around the site, seems to happen more often in the profile part of the site. Grunt If this is still happening, can you take note of exactly where it is happening and what the error message/s are? I can't really find out what the problem is unless I have more specific information. Thanks!

clikchic
30th January 2006, 04:21 PM
Is anyone else having problems using the buttons on the wisiwyg editor? Or problems with lines between paragraphs dissappearing?

AndyP
30th January 2006, 11:00 PM
Is anyone else having problems using the buttons on the wisiwyg editor?
The what?

Or problems with lines between paragraphs dissappearing?
Don't think so.

markTHEblake
30th January 2006, 11:52 PM
Is anyone else having problems using the buttons on the wisiwyg editor?

Yes, none of the buttons respond.

I get a script error on every page on the forum.

markTHEblake
31st January 2006, 12:04 AM
Is there a way that when we click view new posts, that we care taken direct to our first unread post in that thread?

I am positive i have seen forums do this.

goughy
31st January 2006, 08:18 AM
The what?

Don't think so.

The wisiwig editor can be turned on through your User CP, however at the moment it isn't working. (working on it)

The text formatting problem (spaces between paragraphs etc) might only be apparent with the wisiwig editor... At the moment I am getting around it using two < P > html tags...

edit: Oops! Just realised I was logged in under goughy... clikchic here...

BrisVegas
31st January 2006, 08:26 AM
The wisiwig editor can be turned on through your User CP, however at the moment it isn't working. (working on it)

The text formatting problem (spaces between paragraphs etc) might only be apparent with the wisiwig editor... At the moment I am getting around it using two < P > html tags...

edit: Oops! Just realised I was logged in under goughy... clikchic here...

Ahh that makes more sense! (no offence Dean)

Matt 3 Jab
31st January 2006, 08:27 AM
is anyone else noticing that there are somtimes the new post icon, but when you go in, there are NO new posts???

clikchic
31st January 2006, 08:28 AM
Yes, none of the buttons respond.

I get a script error on every page on the forum. I am working on the button problem... still waiting for vbulletin to respond, so far their suggestions on fixing it haven't worked.. waiting for more... With regards to the script error, I am not getting it in IE or in Firefox. You might be best adjusting your settings so you don't get the error as per earlier in the thread and assuming you are using IE? I am not sure why you would be getting the error, or how to fix it as it would be caused by something within the code...and I am not great at code unfortunately! LOL

AndyP
31st January 2006, 09:23 AM
There is an error on every page, as Blakey said. It's not bringing up a box or anything for me, but the bottom left corner of IE always says "Error on page".

Is there a way that when we click view new posts, that we care taken direct to our first unread post in that thread?
It would take you to the first unread post, from when you were last logged in.
However, I am going to switch the unread posts functionality to something similar to what we had with the mod on phpBB.

clikchic
31st January 2006, 10:27 AM

edit: Oops! Just realised I was logged in under goughy... clikchic here... Ok, I have worked out the problem here, but it will have to wait a few hours as I have to take Jaz to swimming lessons shortly. I will fix it when I get back...

AndyP
31st January 2006, 10:36 AM
Not good enough. What are we paying you for? hehe

BTW you still didn't tell me what the 'WISIWIG' editor is.

Courty
31st January 2006, 10:39 AM
WYSIWYG = What You See Is What You Get.

WYSIWYG Editor is a tool for creating new posts.

AndyP
31st January 2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks mate. I was being a bit lazy on that one.
I thought it might have been the bold, etc buttons.

clikchic
31st January 2006, 01:27 PM
Thanks mate. I was being a bit lazy on that one.
I thought it might have been the bold, etc buttons.

Yes on both counts, the WYSIWYG editor, is the reply box with the buttons etc...

BTW which is now fixed YEAH!

clikchic
31st January 2006, 01:36 PM
Of course it isn't WYSIWYGing yet! DOH! LOL The functions work, but not in WYSIWYG format... worked fine on my forum...oh well back to the drawing board.

I didn't have ANY bugs when I installed my forum.. I installed it made it pretty and it was done! LOL Good ole murphy's law..... had plenty of time to fiddle with my forum.. but other stuff I should be doing now! GRRR

markTHEblake
31st January 2006, 01:41 PM
Not getting script error anymore (and i didnt change anything) and the wysiwyg buttons are also working

just be thankfull onewood doesnt post much anymore, every page would be like a pizza

clikchic
31st January 2006, 01:47 PM
Oh excellent! Cool! Two birds with one stone..

Ok, WYSIWYG is working in advanced mode but not in quick edit.. you need to choose it with the button on the top right in advanced mode.. trying to work out why it is not working in quick reply...

clikchic
31st January 2006, 02:08 PM
Ok, WYSIWYG is all fixed (button to toggle on quick edit is back). YEAH!

AndyP
31st January 2006, 02:10 PM
So am I meant to see the WUSLWOZL buttons in the quick reply area below, and the post reply page? Because I don't.

edit: Sorry, it appears that was a setting in my personal options.

Forum is better again now that all those drop-down boxes work (I guess that's what the error was coming from). There's some really cool stuff that can be done.
I guess I should share some of the cool things I come across.

Webster
1st February 2006, 06:35 AM
The new forum is fine, I only have one small criticism - there is too much green. Everything is a different shade of green! Maybe a few other colours could be mixed in to make it a little bit friendlier on the eye.

clikchic
1st February 2006, 07:56 AM
He he.. tried to work orange in on the banner but it looked crap.. LOL

I am trying very hard to make something nice and orange just for Jarro. ;-)

AndyP
1st February 2006, 08:08 AM
The new forum is fine, I only have one small criticism - there is too much green. Everything is a different shade of green! Maybe a few other colours could be mixed in to make it a little bit friendlier on the eye.
Agreed. It's just not quite right, but it will suffice for now.

brad
1st February 2006, 08:28 AM

I sort of agree, but you have to admit that it keeps the theme going, i.e. the forum is about golf.

BrisVegas
1st February 2006, 09:41 AM
a little bit of white might help?? i think it's fine now, just a thought, that's all.

Jono
1st February 2006, 12:31 PM
Could we have the old Ozgolf logo back?

AndyP
1st February 2006, 12:37 PM
http://ozgolf.net/forum/templates/subSilver/images/logo_phpBB.gif

burger
1st February 2006, 03:38 PM
something to maybe keep in mind, if any guys are colour blind its red/green which all appears as shades of grey (or so I'm told)

Jarro
1st February 2006, 03:56 PM
He he.. tried to work orange in on the banner but it looked crap.. LOL

I am trying very hard to make something nice and orange just for Jarro. ;-)

gee thanks Robyn :rolleyes:

AndyP
1st February 2006, 09:33 PM
One of the features of vBulletin is that it stops users from editing the thread title after a specified time limit. This limit was at 5 minutes, so you may have noticed that you were trying to edit a thread title, and it wasn't working for the forum view page.

I have now changed it to 20160 minutes, which is 2 weeks (unless it is a leap year).
Admin can still edit thread titles after that.

AndyP
2nd February 2006, 08:20 AM
One of the features of vBulletin is that it stops users from editing the thread title after a specified time limit. This limit was at 5 minutes, so you may have noticed that you were trying to edit a thread title, and it wasn't working for the forum view page.

I have now changed it to 20160 minutes, which is 2 weeks (unless it is a leap year).
Admin can still edit thread titles after that.
I'll change it to a month, as the pro-shop thread titles will probably need to be edited after two weeks sometimes.

Keza_G
2nd February 2006, 06:46 PM
Um... where did the emoticons go to ? I can't express myself cause I dunno how to emoticon stuff.... I used to just click on the "face" and then post the thread or reply etc... Little help for this duck.... please...

Cheers

Keza

AndyP
2nd February 2006, 07:08 PM
Um... where did the emoticons go to ? I can't express myself cause I dunno how to emoticon stuff.... I used to just click on the "face" and then post the thread or reply etc... Little help for this duck.... please...

Cheers

Keza
Use 'Post Reply', 'Quote' or 'Go Advanced' in the Quick Reply mode. Alternatively use the shortcut characters for the emoticons.

BrisWesty
2nd February 2006, 10:12 PM
Without going through all the pages, is the clock on EDST time or GMT or something else?

(Oops, just scrolled further down. "That'll be GMT, BrisWesty." Is that 9 or 10 hours behind EST?)

Also is it possible to increase the number of posts viewed per page, or does that bring its own problems with large documents, photos etc?

Flowergirl
2nd February 2006, 10:45 PM
Use 'Post Reply', 'Quote' or 'Go Advanced' in the Quick Reply mode. Alternatively use the shortcut characters for the emoticons.

Ok.I can see "icons" but none of the other smilies you can access easily. Shotcut characters - you mean you're supposed to memorise them all. Looks like I'll just use :) and :( all the time!

Flowergirl
2nd February 2006, 10:46 PM
And I really miss my Betty Boo.........I can't find her :(

clikchic
2nd February 2006, 11:13 PM
Also is it possible to increase the number of posts viewed per page, or does that bring its own problems with large documents, photos etc?

Go to your user CP. Enter your Edit Options menu and scroll down to Thread Display Options. There is an option for Number of Posts to Show Per Page, which is probably set to forum default. Try changing it to another option.

When you have time it would be worth having a look through the options in the Edit Options menu of your User CP. Lots of stuff you can customise to suit yourself.

AndyP
3rd February 2006, 08:56 AM
Ok.I can see "icons" but none of the other smilies you can access easily. Shotcut characters - you mean you're supposed to memorise them all. Looks like I'll just use :) and :( all the time!
Go to your User CP and 'Edit Options'
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

Down the bottom you can customise your message interface. Change it to enhanced, and you'll be right to go when you post replies (but not quick replies).

There's also now an emoticon thread, if you want the challenge of memorising them all.

AndyP
3rd February 2006, 09:02 AM
And I really miss my Betty Boo.........I can't find her :(
:arrow: http://ozgolf.net/forum/images/avatars/gallery/Golf%20Related/betty_golf110.jpg
I'll change your avatar.

clikchic
4th February 2006, 08:53 AM
Hey guys re: the avatars, I copied them over from the old forum to the new avatar directory but haven't had a chance to get them set up yet. I was hoping copying them over to the new directory would do the trick but you have to install each one manually unfortunately. That might be a job for goughy to do.. he he..

I am trying to teach him more of the admin stuff as I did after all start this forum for HIM! ROFL

AndyP
4th February 2006, 08:58 AM
Why bother manually installing all the avatars? Too much work, and gives people the chance to change their avatar now.

Grunt
5th February 2006, 02:24 PM
Is the registration/voting process available on this server?

AndyP
5th February 2006, 03:15 PM
It's not available as standard on this forum software, however a plugin for something like that will be looked at soon.

Grunt
5th February 2006, 03:18 PM
Not a problem.

Grunt
5th February 2006, 03:19 PM
Also AndyP did I add the calendar item correctly? Or is it an admin issue to add them?

AndyP
5th February 2006, 03:42 PM
Not a problem.
Wouldn't want to be. :p

Also AndyP did I add the calendar item correctly? Or is it an admin issue to add them?
The calendar is open to all to add entries, but admin can edit them if needed.
Looks fine, but you might want to add the time to the event heading so it can seen on the monthly view.

Courty
5th February 2006, 07:07 PM
The calendar is open to all to add entries, but admin can edit them if needed.
Looks fine, but you might want to add the time to the event heading so it can seen on the monthly view.

Hey AdminnyP, how come the Champs aren't in the calendar yet? :confused: ;)

AndyP
5th February 2006, 07:47 PM
Hey AdminnyP, how come the Champs aren't in the calendar yet? :confused: ;)
Still plenty of time for the date and location to change.....

Keza_G
7th February 2006, 11:33 AM
AP...how do I fix the time on my thingy... It is 11.30am by my watch and the forum is saying that my time is 01.31am....

Cheers

Keza

AndyP
7th February 2006, 12:19 PM
AP...how do I fix the time on my thingy... It is 11.30am by my watch and the forum is saying that my time is 01.31am....
One of the options in here:
http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

Change the time location to +10.

BrisVegas
7th February 2006, 12:58 PM
hey andy - how do i modify the calendar entry to have just a date, not a range of dates???

AndyP
7th February 2006, 01:04 PM
hey andy - how do i modify the calendar entry to have just a date, not a range of dates??? Provide me a link, and I'll see if I can modify it.

edit
Is that the Wynnum one you are talking about?
Looks like the options are either All day event, or Ranged event (where you can add times and go over multiple days). Once you have chosen one, you can't edit it to the other option. If you want to change, you may need to delete it, then recreate it.

BrisVegas
7th February 2006, 01:08 PM
The Wynnum Cup...

http://ozgolf.net/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-2-12&e=13&c=1

AndyP
7th February 2006, 01:14 PM
The Wynnum Cup...

http://ozgolf.net/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&day=2006-2-12&e=13&c=1
Sorry, I edited my above post while you were posting, it seems. See above.

Grunt
7th February 2006, 03:50 PM
For some reason every time I log in it says I have recently posted to the poll about forum threads? Weird

AndyP
7th February 2006, 07:34 PM
If you could provide a screen dump to show me what you are talking about, that would be great.

Grunt
7th February 2006, 07:38 PM
will try next time it happens, it is irregular now

Flowergirl
7th February 2006, 08:27 PM
:arrow: http://ozgolf.net/forum/images/avatars/gallery/Golf%20Related/betty_golf110.jpg
I'll change your avatar.

Thanks AndyP......sorry the thanks took a while..........been busy.........have you missed me??:smt002

Jarro
7th February 2006, 08:29 PM
Thanks AndyP......sorry the thanks took a while..........been busy.........have you missed me??:smt002

what could be more important than checking in here :smt017

AndyP
7th February 2006, 08:30 PM
Who are you? Are you new here?

AndyP
14th February 2006, 05:11 PM
I'm seeing some action in the header above.

Jono
17th February 2006, 12:59 AM
I'm seeing some action in the header above.

Ahhh ... much better. Well done, mate. :smt023

AndyP
17th February 2006, 06:39 AM
Ahhh ... much better. Well done, mate. :smt023
I can't take any credit for the work, thank clikchic. I did push the issue for you though.

Jarro
17th February 2006, 06:48 AM
had to be ORANGE didn't it :roll: :p

nice work ClikChic

drunken
17th February 2006, 08:23 AM
Looks better

goughy
17th February 2006, 06:31 PM
had to be ORANGE didn't it :roll: :p

nice work ClikChic
Of course! ;-)

Thanks everyone.. I just had to get creative because I lost the font.. :oops: :oops:

edit: oops, forgot to login as clikchic

Jarro
17th February 2006, 06:37 PM
looks great 8)

connico
12th April 2006, 12:52 PM
hmm new colour scheme????? new nav bar on the right?? or is this a glitch?

adding attachments looks like its gone too?

AndyP
12th April 2006, 12:59 PM
clikchic is putting in a portal, so I'm guessing that's affecting your forum experience.

Jarro
12th April 2006, 01:11 PM
looks good.kep up the good work Clikchic 8)

connico
12th April 2006, 01:21 PM
Portal sounds good :)

Jarro
12th April 2006, 01:38 PM
what's the story, now it's back to the old style with the old colours ??????????

AndyP
12th April 2006, 02:34 PM
I doubt the colours will be changing, it had only jumped back to the default.
The sizes have moved in, not sure if it's waiting for some other stuff to fill it in or not, but I think it needs to go out again.

Go here for a look at the portal.
www.ozgolf.net (http://www.ozgolf.net)

BTW anyone notice we have 200 members now. :)

AndyP
12th April 2006, 02:37 PM
Oooo, new option in the Quick Links. Sidebar on/off.

connico
12th April 2006, 02:59 PM
Hmm for some reason the page is narrower for me when im looking at posts?

AndyP
12th April 2006, 03:04 PM
I just said that. Sheesh!

Robyn is probably still working on it, so we'll wait and see.

Jarro
12th April 2006, 03:04 PM
Oooo, new option in the Quick Links. Sidebar on/off.

yeah saw that 8)

looks like Clikchic might have a few more surprises for us before the day is out ;)

connico
12th April 2006, 04:36 PM
portals nice :) i like the recent threads, very very useful feature!

Grunt
13th April 2006, 07:15 AM
What is the Sidebar?

connico
13th April 2006, 08:50 AM
Sidebar includes a searchbox, calander and ministats on the left. While on the right there are current users and up coming events.

goughy
13th April 2006, 02:31 PM
I don't see anything when the sidebar is turned on for me. Maybe it's turned off in admin?

Jarro
13th April 2006, 03:15 PM
it was on/off a few times throughout the day today :confused:

connico
13th April 2006, 04:07 PM
should be there now on the portal...

the portal not the forum you know that right?????

www.ozgolf.net is the portal

Grunt
13th April 2006, 04:12 PM
I found it. It is only on the page at the very start of the website. In the top left hand corner it says ozgolf.net .

Courty
13th April 2006, 05:08 PM
Don't know if anyone else wants it, but can the portal be set to display on all pages?
I haven't visited the front page in years.

Jarro
13th April 2006, 05:10 PM
good point Courty ... i'd like it on all pages too if it's at all possible :mrgreen:

goughy
13th April 2006, 06:02 PM
The portal is like the front page on isg in that it an introduction page. I don't think you'd want it on every page.

AndyP
14th April 2006, 02:36 PM
The sidebar should be there now on every page. You can turn it on or off. Don't listen to connico.

The portal stuff should not be on every page, as the page would be too crowded and the post text would be squeezed in.

Courty
14th April 2006, 03:29 PM
The sidebar should be there now on every page. You can turn it on or off. Don't listen to connico.

The portal stuff should not be on every page, as the page would be too crowded and the post text would be squeezed in.

Correction, the sidebar is all I was after, not the portal. Thanks, AP.