PDA

View Full Version : quickest way

connico
28th January 2006, 10:04 PM
So quickest way to those 5 cards to have to hand in for your golflink handicap?

Any Suggestions?

AndyP
28th January 2006, 10:09 PM
Get an AGU member to sign some dodgy cards for you.

connico
28th January 2006, 10:11 PM
ok ok...while im asian i dont mind the dodgy....how about the quickest way to get your handicap the proper way?? Esp when you dont have mates that play or have a Handicap?

Keza_G
28th January 2006, 10:22 PM
Join Riverlakes and I will bodge you up a handicap to 27 until you learn...

:D :D :wink: :wink:

Cheers

Keza

connico
28th January 2006, 10:30 PM
lol are all you people dodgy or something??? gezz it looks like ill fit in nicely lol hehehehe

iv already joined New Brighton lol :)

Moe Norman
28th January 2006, 11:20 PM
i've met about 3 people in my life that handed in 5 genuine cards for their initial handicap.

connico
28th January 2006, 11:25 PM
so when you meet me ill have a good story for you lol :)

goughy
28th January 2006, 11:54 PM
i've met about 3 people in my life that handed in 5 genuine cards for their initial handicap.

So that makes me No. 4 then. And I did it both times I've had to get a hc.

As long as you play with someone who holds an agu handicap you can hand in social rounds for handicapping. Just have to be signed correctly etc etc.

connico
29th January 2006, 12:00 AM
yeah i know goughy, but need to meet those right people on the tee... lol willing to mark and sign a card for me lol

marcel
29th January 2006, 12:20 AM
connico,

I'd think you can still play in a competition field and submit the card, thats what I did when my handicap lapsed in a previous life.

connico
29th January 2006, 12:21 AM
:)

goughy
29th January 2006, 12:26 AM
You can still play in any competition field, including 4 ball comps. In the case of 4balls, you would have your own card and the other 3 would play in the 4ball comp with one of them playing on both teams.

If you've joined a club maybe ask them what the policy/expectation is with regards to tee times and putting in your 5 cards. But if it's anything like my club just put your name down anywhere and inform your partners at the 1st tee that you are submitting a hc card.

markTHEblake
29th January 2006, 01:12 AM
Both times I got my handicap done I handed in fake cards.

The first time was for my 32 handicap, I think i had played 18 holes once before and shot 144. (yeah i do remember). All 3 cards were faked, my dad signed em, and everyone knew it.

Who cared? nobody, and didnt hurt anybody.
No problem

The second time was after my handicap lapsed for about 4 years. I rejoined my old club as a country member and handed in 5 cards from all different courses (cant do that now), 2 faked. (the 2 faked ones were the lowest). The handicapper was adamant he would give me the exact average for the 5 cards. I worked out i should have got 8, and he gave me 5.2. I didnt care, but i did wonder where he got the .2 from. I think it might have been my previous handicap

Who cared? nobody, and didnt hurt anybody.
No problem

HOWEVER if i ever found out someone handed in fake cards and got a higher handicap than they deserved or higher than they have had before then I have a problem. :evil:

amanda
29th January 2006, 08:07 AM
connico - just call up the the pro shop, ask to be booked into the field coz you're getting your handicap. You can do this on both Saturdays and Sundays - shouldn't take long. There are always some last minute cancellations so could get on today.

3oneday
29th January 2006, 11:02 AM
So quickest way to those 5 cards to have to hand in for your golflink handicap?

Any Suggestions?yep, play 5 rounds off the competition tees, anything less and you are cheating yourself and the club you joined.

Oh, and make sure you know that fabulous word "etiquette" before you get out there in comps....

Pete

Keza_G
29th January 2006, 12:28 PM

Ok So I am on that list now too.... 6 years ago now, I handed in my first 5 genuine cards for a handicap at Gold Coast Country Club and received a h/cp of 14..... but we are yet to meet.... :wink:

Cheers

Keza