PDA

View Full Version : Gold Coast Driving Ranges.

rough_rider
12th January 2014, 12:06 AM
So im an avid golfer, at the range (almost) everyday and im just curious, my usual range is emerald lakes has everything i need chipping green is good putting green is okay (could use some work) and they mix it up with the mats/grass. but i seem ti find the balls are terrible. now ive heard the yellow range balls are made to be 70% and not fly as much as they should (or something like that). so my question to you is, whats your favourite range on the coast and why?. one thing i wish that emerald lakes would change about the range is the paddock you hit into, its not easy to tell how far or where your balls lands. now some ranges have small greens you hit to with pins, i like this but cant seem to find a decent range to save my life, the range is either has targets and terrible balls, or no targets and alright balls. thoughts?...

Waddzy
20th January 2014, 11:04 AM
I am yet to find a range on the coast that you could honestly compare distances properly.. most have you hit slightly downhill also. The best range I have seen on the coast would be Lakelands but I dare say thats members only? only used the range before we had our QLD champs round there.

Parkwood has good balls to hit but hitting from the upper deck its not good for distances.

rough_rider
20th January 2014, 11:50 AM
lakelands is good, used it before we played a socail round there one morning.yeah its extremly frustrating that barely any of the ranges distances are spot on, and when u can hit a distance, the balls your using are only 70% balls anyways.

BUSHY
20th January 2014, 12:19 PM
You will find that most range balls are actually 'reduced range' and depending on the manufacturer have differing reductions. I know that some are 90% some 70% and some are so crap you'll never know.

Waddzy
20th January 2014, 12:31 PM
I generally take my own practise balls down to our 2nd hole and hit shots in to there to practise distances. head out late enough early week in the arvo's and the course is dead. Can only use the range for technique as most balls they have dont produce the same flight as what normal balls too ( generally due to being smashed 400+ times)

rough_rider
20th January 2014, 01:17 PM
i sometimes when can afford it goto palmer gc range, all the balls they have there are actual balls not range balls if u get me, yeah been hit heaps of times but i find they give a better measurement of distance and feel better hitting them.

markTHEblake
20th January 2014, 01:43 PM
You will find that the distance markers are adjusted for the ball distance. The 90% balls are fine to practice with.

No range always has new balls, only the ones who just recently bought a batch. Same goes with mats.

Just go to the driving range that suits you