PDA

View Full Version : Feels like an anticlimax

goughy
28th January 2006, 01:35 PM
Well, just got home and thought I'd watch the end of the women's aust open final. But what an odd finish. Has anyone retired in a grand slam final before?

Would feel like a bizare way to win.

AndyP
28th January 2006, 01:47 PM
I'm sure someone has retired before, goughy, but noone comes to mind.

I'm regretting not putting some money on Mauresmo. Passed a few TABs this morning, and I kept telling the missus I was going to, but never did.

Fitting champion, she was in great form.

Jarro
28th January 2006, 01:57 PM
i must admit the whole thing felt totally wrong  :?  the crowd would've been very disappointed ... but there's not a helluva lot anyone could've done.

I would've picked Henin-Hardeene to win if she was fit.

connico
28th January 2006, 10:40 PM
you would not have wont anything andyp, i think you get more money back because the match was not complete?

3oneday
29th January 2006, 12:44 AM
Fitting champion, she was in great form.and if you cut her hair off she would look more like a bloke than most blokes do !!!!! :? :? :?

AndyP
29th January 2006, 07:25 AM
you would not have wont anything andyp, i think you get more money back because the match was not complete?
It's still a result.

and if you cut her hair off she would look more like a bloke than most blokes do !!!!! :? :? :?
I think she has nice eyes.

connico
29th January 2006, 04:23 PM
technically its not a result, if your betting on the match, if had bet at the start that she would be champion then yes you would take home a bit of money. But if you bet on the match, its concluded as a non result and you get a return of money..... i think its wrong but thats how they see it...its in thier rules for betting somewhere

BrisWesty
1st February 2006, 10:33 PM
I think Beuno may have defaulted against Court in a final during the 60s.

macleod
3rd February 2006, 05:41 AM
nothing new for the queen of gamesmanship really...

i appreciate the fact she was sick this time but she's always enjoyed using injury timeouts to stop her opponents if they get on a roll ;)