PDA

View Full Version : Kiyoshi + G25, thoughts?

navierStoked
7th January 2014, 08:24 PM
For reasons bordering on inane, I'm ordering a G25 driver and was thinking of going for the purple kiyoshi. I'm currently gaming a 913 D3 with a tour AD DI 6X and love it. Best combo I've hit (and I work in a golf store so I've hit a few..). Rough numbers with the 913: SS - 117, launch - 14, backspin - 2100. Loft is 7.5, set to 8.25.

My thinking is the spin and launch I gain with the G25 head will be reduced by the kiyoshi.. I know there are lower launch/spin shafts out there but I prefer the feel of a mid/low kick.. Is this a reasonable thought or the ramblings of an idiot..? My other thought was the BB.

Background info, shafts I like: ad di, grafalloy blue, fujikura fuel tour spec, rip alpha, vs proto, bimatrix proto. Don't like: whiteboard, ilima, V2, project x..

Thank you

golf2013
7th January 2014, 08:35 PM
There are many who rate the purple kiyoshi on here.

benno_r
7th January 2014, 08:36 PM
I rate it, best shaft for a mile I have used in my Covert. Much better feel and dispersion that the ADDI 7s I tried.

TheNuclearOne
7th January 2014, 09:59 PM
It will be interesting to see if you can get your numbers down far enough.

navierStoked
7th January 2014, 10:01 PM
It will be interesting to see if you can get your numbers down far enough.

I hope so, I would really like to get away with a mid-mid/low kick

TheNuclearOne
7th January 2014, 10:08 PM
Haven't hit the 913 but it's not super low spin. Trouble may be you have it in 7.5* and Ping understate their loft most everytime unless something's changed. The G25 goes noticably higher than the Anser but it's certainly not overly high spin. The TS is high kick and the Alpha not far behind.

Captain Nemo
7th January 2014, 10:13 PM
If you work in a golf store wouldn't you have access to try b4 you bought?
Fwiw, I have an Anser 9.5* and have a Kyoshi White set on 9* and it goes low.
Will try it on 10* next comp.

navierStoked
7th January 2014, 10:25 PM
I do have access and I will definitely try before I buy, but I was just wondering if I was totally off the mark

Captain Nemo
7th January 2014, 10:27 PM
Can't hurt to try especially if you have access to it!

TheNuclearOne
7th January 2014, 11:38 PM
I do have access and I will definitely try before I buy, but I was just wondering if I was totally off the mark

Just screw in a Kiyoshi Purple in the desired weight, flex (65 05 i dare say) and length and away ya go.

Horse
8th January 2014, 10:27 PM
If loft is a concern, you can order a head that is digitally lofted to your desired loft.