PDA

View Full Version : Popper's G O N E!!! (The send off edition)

popper81
6th January 2014, 10:02 AM
Alright boys & Gals,

As most of you know, I am about to move from the SEQ, to the far north.

I have been super busy (and a little slack) in organising everything but as part of the move will be having a send off and more than a few drinks on Saturday the 11th at my oldies....

The theme is outback Australia but the fancy dress component is pretty relaxed.

Ozgolf people have been family for the last couple of years whilst I studied, so if anyone would like to come please do so... Sorry for the late notice. Everything kicks off around 6.30pm & it is BYO.

PM me if you intend make so I can sort put some extra bowls of porridge for you.

Cheers

Andy

LeftyHoges
6th January 2014, 10:40 AM
But this porridge is tooooooo hot!

PeteyD
6th January 2014, 10:42 AM
But the tiles are just right!

LeftyHoges
6th January 2014, 10:42 AM
As are the 3/4 jeans and sandals. ;-)

solarman
6th January 2014, 10:43 AM
Outback party............sounds like rednecks only to me :)

live4golf
6th January 2014, 10:47 AM
"There'll be some singin', drinkin', fightin' 'n' love makin'"

"OK, how many will be turning up?"

"Just you and Popper"

dc68
7th January 2014, 10:39 PM
Be a good boy son.

Sorry I can't make it Poops.

Captain Nemo
7th January 2014, 10:40 PM
Love to come Cart buddy, can you fly me up!
;)

Lucasto23
7th January 2014, 11:43 PM
Oh popper I hope you don't pull a lefty, have a great night and don't become croc bait

popper81
8th January 2014, 09:55 AM
All good lads...

Lucas good advice on croc bait.

Daves
8th January 2014, 10:03 AM
OK if Lager and I just stay on the course and hit balls at the Winnebago? We will wear Akubras just to be authentic.:wink:

Have a great time up north Andy, hopefully it will be a great life experience.

Lagerlover
8th January 2014, 10:11 AM
OK if Lager and I just stay on the course and hit balls at the Winnebago? We will wear Akubras just to be authentic.:wink:Have a great time up north Andy, hopefully it will be a great life experience. +1

Monsta
8th January 2014, 12:25 PM
Good luck popper, hope it all goes well

Haystacks
8th January 2014, 01:05 PM
All the best with the move Poops, hope it all works out.

Don't forget you still have beer credits with me mate! I'll get you sorted next time we catch up. :smt023

Jarro
8th January 2014, 07:23 PM
Good luck up north Poops.

Don't go nudie swimming in any waterholes either ;)

IamViva
8th January 2014, 07:55 PM
OK if Lager and I just stay on the course and hit balls at the Winnebago? We will wear Akubras just to be authentic.:wink:

Have a great time up north Andy, hopefully it will be a great life experience.

unless the winnebago is 90* right lager wont do any damage.

markTHEblake
8th January 2014, 08:57 PM
Umm, i dont really like you anyway, but where is the oldies and what time. I might just turn up in a tight fitting pink tank top and start bawling and hugging you.

mrbluu
8th January 2014, 09:15 PM
Are u moving further up the fairway so I dont hit u again :o
#binhfeelingbad :(

BenM
8th January 2014, 09:56 PM
Sorry I can't make it Popper, but I am sure plenty will. You're a gregarious chap!

Have a beer for me.

popper81
15th January 2014, 05:57 AM
Thanks Everyone... Today is the day.

Feeling good, and to be honest we just want to get up there & get started.

We are flying into Cairns for a few days training (this includes weather, as it is pissing down)... So we still have a bit over a week of a semi normal environment (play golf with the NQ crew on Friday.. Hence only semi normal).

Steve57
15th January 2014, 06:49 AM
Hope it all goes well Andy. Enjoy!

Xray
15th January 2014, 07:27 AM
Enjoy yourself Andy.

Daves
15th January 2014, 07:34 AM
Don't rust away Andy, have fun up there.

Courty
15th January 2014, 08:35 AM
See you soon, big boy!

mrbluu
15th January 2014, 08:44 AM
Have a safe trip!!!

timah!
15th January 2014, 09:05 AM
Travel safe.

Marto65
15th January 2014, 09:37 AM
Cyclone Popper is about to hit FNQ.

Good luck bud. I reckon you won't want to leave in 2 years.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer at the party, but I'm glad I made it. ;)

sms316
15th January 2014, 09:46 AM
Good luck Popwah.

(Nominations are still being accepted to replace you in the gun ambrose team).

popper81
15th January 2014, 10:25 AM
Cyclone Popper, I like... Hopefully not because I am a slow moving depression.

Marto, appreciate you coming... I know how you like to win, so no surprises you left FIRST.

SMS, I neknominate Jarro.

Marto65
15th January 2014, 11:26 AM
Cyclone Popper, I like... Hopefully not because I am a slow moving depression. Marto, appreciate you coming... I know how you like to win, so no surprises you left FIRST. SMS, I neknominate Jarro.

I would have left sooner but one of your friends needed some company.

ddasey
15th January 2014, 08:42 PM
Enjoy FNQ.

I'm sure you'll acquaint yourself with this place.

markTHEblake
15th January 2014, 08:58 PM
Make an impression Andy,You certainly did down here.

popper81
1st April 2014, 09:41 PM
Hey Boys & Girls,

How is things..... what has been happening??? Still lots of 3 jabs I hope.

Thought I owed you mob a quick g'day ( BITS told me it was my turn to punt)... ;)

Heaps has been happening up here... those of you that are mates on FB would have seen and read a bit.

The START.
The wet was fun but...not as hectic as expected....Although it did still suck, a lot. The worst was not having our belongings. We were happy to see our stuff arrive after sleeping on the floor for the first 8 weeks of our trip. All our furniture was flown in by a DHL cargo plane. Pretty surreal, but so exciting to have everything. We finally watched our first game of footy in our house last Friday night...(good game, hey MIKE)..taken that long to get the tv sorted.

We drove to Cairns a few weekends ago to collect the boat and car, as i was frothing at the thought of being able to do a few fishing trips, ASAP. This is coming together for the school holidays.. Weipa & Maapoon is on the cards. Fisherman will know this is prime time... and the road is still pretty shabby so tourists are not getting into town just yet, with the Archer river only JUST cross-able (gent lost his life a couple of weeks ago... visited the place on Sunday with a local copper, sad really).. although the fishing is shaping up as good to great.

Coen
Love the place... the END. It really is a pretty cool place to live... ##%^ the city life. We have seen so much already around town. Plenty of swimming, exploring and generally have a good time. Come visit.

School
It is good. The kids are actually pretty talented, and most are exceptionally nice. Some behaviors, but they all come from many different back grounds.

Only 46 kids at the school, and I am mostly with the preps-1, although I teach maths to the top grade 7 in the school. It is a good mix. As the school is a different structure to what most of you know ( we teach "direct instruction"(American, google it).. I actually really teach, not just teacher aide) this style of learning is proving extremely successful for us, and the other schools we are affiliated with... Most schools on the Cape may follow, well I suspect.

I am actually kicking a lot goals. Currently I am getting coaxed into doing my Grad Dip in Education and may actually end up teaching up here (may as well, I am teaching as it is)... hahahahahahahah.

I have also taken on a role with NK to help reach out to some communities with Golf... This is something really new, but I am excited to bring golf to my kids, and a few others around the Cape. I haven't played any golf.. Kristy and I have been working our butts off trying to stay on top with school and get set up here with veggie gardens and maintaining our 6ft high weed garden ( bring on the dry). Our yard has been a swamp for the last 3 months. We also got a little staffy puppy (molly).. she is a cutie and lots of fun.

I have got a dodgy phone at the moment, so getting on here is hard work.... hopefully fixed soon.

Anyway stay safe, hit them straight (if you can't do that, and many of you can't may the ball fall out of your pocket in a divot you cheating pricks)

love Popper.

Captain Nemo
1st April 2014, 09:46 PM
Good to hear mate, life's good!

gazgolf1
1st April 2014, 09:48 PM
Great stuff Pops, nice to see you are enjoying it and keeping busy. :)

golfbound
1st April 2014, 09:52 PM
Great Popper Glad its all working for you.

Steve57
1st April 2014, 09:55 PM
Sounds like your as happy as a pig in mud!
Looks like you took all the rain with you. It has been an unbelievably dry summer down here.
I played pennant at Mt Warren about 6 weeks ago and it was awful, I have never seen it so bad.
Cracks, bare patches and just generally poor conditioning, all caused by a lack of water.
Four inches last Thursday night has hopefully fixed that!
Good to hear that you have taken to the new role of teacher.
I am sure this time up there will be very rewarding to you and Kristy.
Keep in touch when you can.
Cheers
Steve

Ferrins
1st April 2014, 10:10 PM
Have a vague recollection of who you are.

popper81
1st April 2014, 10:12 PM
Have a vague recollection of who you are.

Awww...That is cute. I miss you too!!!!

BenM
1st April 2014, 10:14 PM
Good to hear it's going well Popps.

markTHEblake
2nd April 2014, 12:35 AM
a 6ft high weed garden is impressive. No wonder you are happy.

Lucasto23
2nd April 2014, 02:28 AM
Great to hear. You've finally found somewhere you fit in mate and keep enjoying the great outdoors

Dcanto
2nd April 2014, 08:01 AM
Great to hear that things are going well Popper.

PeteyD
2nd April 2014, 08:17 AM
Awesome mate. Enjoy.

Monsta
2nd April 2014, 01:14 PM
Glad to hear you are doing well and enjoying it Popper

popper81
2nd April 2014, 07:06 PM
Thanks everyone.... Except for Lucas, cheeky cumu.

Jarro
2nd April 2014, 07:10 PM
Good to hear Poops ..... all the best mate :)

Daves
8th April 2014, 08:22 AM
Stay safe Andy;

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-08/cape-york-communities-brace-for-cyclone-ita/5373990

Ned
20th March 2015, 08:30 AM
Poppers at it again.... Hope you filled the esky big fella.

popper81
21st March 2015, 04:20 PM
Poppers at it again.... Hope you filled the esky big fella.

All good up here... 3 day weekend and now a nasty headache. We got TV reception back just in time to watch my beloved donkeys....35003

popper81
6th January 2016, 07:32 AM
Hey Friends,

Thought I would post a quick update in what is going on.... So here goes.

Back home in Brisbane at the moment, played my first round in 2 years on New Years Day at Windaroo. Had 3 birdies in the first 12 holes, them the CC and dry kicked in and I lost interest. Hahaha!

Life is good in little old Coen. We have a couple of mutts now, and a flock of chickens to keep me honest. The 2 years is up, so we could have technically moved back at the end of 2015. We have signed up for one more year at this stage...

I have been studying again, I am 4 subjects away from completing my grad dip. In primary education...yep I am going to be a teacher, well maybe (the business/accounting/case manager experience will help fast track me into an role within administration...especially rural).

Kristy & I are approved foster carers as well, so at times will have some little people come "camp" with us for a few days. I have also joined the Rural Fire Service.... Even got myself a uniform, calendar coming soon :) !

Fishing has been a tad disappointing, Coen is just little too far from the coast to make it a viable option all the time. We get away a lot though, but still no Metery Barra yet. Might have to move to Aurukun to get that done...

All in all, life is good.

Pop

Steve57
6th January 2016, 08:05 AM
Good to hear all is well in Popper land!
I can understand you losing interest at Windaroo, it gets me that way too!!!
Would have been good to swing a club again after such a long break?

Ferrins
6th January 2016, 08:13 AM
Will still take your birdie money any day.I am glad you are doing well up there and hope one of your foster kids doesn't burn your house down with you in it. Love ferrit😘

PeteyD
6th January 2016, 08:31 AM
Sweet Pops. So good to hear how it is all going. Well done!

Dotty
6th January 2016, 08:42 AM
Great to hear Pops.

Make sure you teach this to the foster kids ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhEOHGSg1oA

ps. NSFW.

Daves
6th January 2016, 06:24 PM
Good stuff Pops. Would be good to catch up before you head back.

popper81
9th September 2017, 08:36 PM
I'm back.... well sort of!

Seen a few lads are up in Cairns at the moment, so thought I would come and see what is doing around the place.

I back down in Brisbane full time now... have a room full of 7 years out Ipswich way this year.... not playing any golf at the moment... but have come back to the place at Windaroo. If you have played here recently you might have met my dogs :)

Lagerlover
9th September 2017, 08:38 PM
Hahaha,

Only talking about you last weekend mate.

Welcome back!!

popper81
9th September 2017, 08:52 PM
Hopefully nice things....

PeteyD
10th September 2017, 05:37 AM
Never! Glad to see you are back.

BenM
10th September 2017, 10:50 AM
Welcome back Pops (and happy belated birthday)!

Johnny Canuck
10th September 2017, 10:22 PM
Welcome back Peppas. We've missed you ;)

Lucasto23
11th September 2017, 07:13 AM
Welcome back Pops, Ozgolf champs sure have been quiet for the last couple of years ;)

Captain Nemo
11th September 2017, 07:36 AM
Change the thread title, welcome back big fella!

AndyP
11th September 2017, 01:57 PM
Welcome back, Popper.