PDA

View Full Version : Ping MB 54* wedge SOLD

Ona
5th July 2004, 09:46 PM
It's a 52* that has been bent to 54*

stock shaft and grip in good nick. I forgot I had this club and I'm happy with my PW, 52* and 61* at the moment so if your after more chip'ins buy this club! then take some lessons and practice practice practice ;)

$70 + shipping :smt103 :smt107 :smt104 :smt017

AndyP
6th July 2004, 03:32 PM
It's a 52* that has been bent to 54*

You might want to mention the bounce angle too. 8)

jaster
6th July 2004, 04:17 PM
PING MB wedges have a grind that allows them to have variable bounce....

The mid-bounce (MB) angle is perfect for all surfaces - and all swing types. So whether you have a steep angle of attack or you sweep it, the new PING Wedges provide the performance you demand around the green.

jaster
6th July 2004, 04:20 PM
Also..onabreak..can you give me a review of the MB wedges? :wink:

Ona
6th July 2004, 10:37 PM
SOLD!

Jaster I cant say much really, ive never developed a sensitivity to the nuances of club design... also its been donkeys since i used it on a course, so im relying om my memory :( (its about as good as Schumaker in a williams)

I really liked it for knock down shots and around the green, but wansnt ever really comfortable using it for high, soft landing approaches. the poxy quality of the course i was playing at the time was no doubt a factor... sh!t fairways and soft greens made the low (not stupid low but not high) shot the shot of choice in most instances.

Liked the look and feel alot, but I'd say the same about almost all clubs I pick up :?

also I heard that plenty of spin could be had with the MB's, but on less than full shots I was experiencing a little less than my usual.

jaster
7th July 2004, 07:12 AM
Thanks mate....appreciate the review 8)