amanda
27th January 2006, 10:03 AM
First link is with driver on the 9th hole:
http://media.putfile.com/Matt---down-the-line

This is with iron on the 7th
http://media.putfile.com/Matt---side-on

Matt 3 Jab
27th January 2006, 10:11 AM
ill let you all know that its a PW on 7th hole and the driver was nailed long!
thanks amamda for the footage.
rip my swings apart guys!

3oneday
27th January 2006, 10:23 AM
It's all pretty dark where I'm sitting :? ie, no can see a picture !!!!

amanda
27th January 2006, 10:28 AM
Does the player just say "Connecting..."?

3oneday
27th January 2006, 10:28 AM
Forget that, just my impatience :oops:

connico
27th January 2006, 04:45 PM
i see you didnt go full horizontal with your iron there, wat iron was it mate???

and wa the 3/4 swing on purpose?

Trung
27th January 2006, 07:38 PM
Conico (may I shorten your name is Con? sounds Greek but ok right?),

You only need a 3/4 PW to the Par 3 7th at 115m.... a full swing would be OOB for Matt :wink:

gazgolf1
27th January 2006, 07:48 PM
Nice swing 8)
Jeez you must be flexible to have such a big shoulder turn but no hip turn on the backswing.It actually looks like it restricts your shoulder turn and at the top of your backswing and you have a slight lift.
Might be just me but I'd like to see a little hip turn. :?

Matt 3 Jab
28th January 2006, 08:16 AM
i see you didnt go full horizontal with your iron there, wat iron was it mate???

and wa the 3/4 swing on purpose?
with most of my irons i dont feel like im swinging 100%, only maybe 80%, lets me control it better, and on that 7th hole, i dont need a full wedge, so it was even a bit shorter

Matt 3 Jab
28th January 2006, 08:18 AM
Nice swing 8)
Jeez you must be flexible to have such a big shoulder turn but no hip turn on the backswing.It actually looks like it restricts your shoulder turn and at the top of your backswing and you have a slight lift.
Might be just me but I'd like to see a little hip turn. :?
your right, i dont turn my hips, but thats what gives me alot of power, so as long as my timing stays in tact, i should be ok, but i might work on it if i become inconsistant, thanks for your input and well spotted.

Matt 3 Jab
25th April 2006, 10:23 AM
Just thought i would bump this, anyone want to have a go at it again, swing i dont think has changed since then, but ill try and get a newer vid up soon.

miro
1st May 2006, 07:57 AM
Matt,

Looked at your swing couple of days ago. Comments:

(a) As Gaz noted you have a slight lift at the top of your backswing. Why? Because you are very/quite flat throughtout your backswing. The lift enables you to return the club to plane. How to check this -draw an imaginary line following the club to the ground. It should point at the ball for much of the backswing -your line points well outside of the ball.

(b) Great impact position.

(c) Overswinging with your arms/upper body to compensate for your wrists not setting properly -i.e. not enough wrist action.

There, hows that for some comments -useful or useless is up to you.

Miro

Matt 3 Jab
1st May 2006, 04:05 PM
Miro you should be a pro!!!!
I went to see steve at bankstown a few months back, but after that video was take, swing changes since then:
1. More upright swing plane, taking divots now, pure iron shots for the last month doing this.
2. More wrist action, sets more power and allows me to attack the ball with my lower half and also get that flush contact.
3. same deal for wedge shots and now my wedge game works!

5 big fat gold stars to you miro, you picked everything up.

Will try and get a new video up soon.

miro
3rd May 2006, 06:49 AM
woohoo -now to give up my day job!!

the invoice in the mail matty!! :)

Jono
3rd May 2006, 05:00 PM
woohoo -now to give up my day job!!

the invoice in the mail matty!! :)

Then why can't you fix your own swing?

miro
5th May 2006, 09:54 AM
I have -(rotter)!!!!! :)

Ducky
22nd June 2006, 05:53 PM
Where was the grave divot with the wedge?

Matt 3 Jab
7th August 2012, 07:59 PM
6 years later its still the same swing

Just for fun

http://youtu.be/W8VCtopJxa8

Yossarian
8th August 2012, 06:42 PM
What did you play off matty?

Jono
9th August 2012, 07:38 AM
5, I think?

Matt 3 Jab
9th August 2012, 08:40 AM
Yeah, might have nudged 4 at my prime in 2004 but it always floated around 5.

Then had a blowout

Now id be happy to play off 18

Only playing charity games, and the odd social event

Matt 3 Jab
28th January 2014, 08:36 PM
So I've been playing a bit again and the old habits are coming back. Here is a few photos from 2 swings today. Feel free to chime in but I'll also self report

Setup is rounded again, need to fix that posture!

Have stood up during the backswing. Again need to focus on keeping my height the same

Posture way out. The face seems way open but shuts so fast I'm snapping them everywhere or hitting high 50m draws. See next photo

Matt 3 Jab
28th January 2014, 08:41 PM
4 iron same hole. Same bad posture

High arms due to coming up in the backswing. Need to keep down!

Not too bad here but then......
WTF am I doing here??? Posture!

Didn't fall over some how. Pushed it a little right. Getting stuck on the inside.

matty
28th January 2014, 09:09 PM
A video would be better Matt. Two things, you looked cramped and are you wearing a jet pack in the second last photo?

timah!
28th January 2014, 09:45 PM
In a fat podgy chopper but I'd love to have your posture at the top of your swing! Pull that grip straight down onto the ball and unload!

mrbluu
28th January 2014, 10:11 PM
I've got nothing to add cos you flush it compared to me....

Matt 3 Jab
29th January 2014, 05:35 AM
Haha your handicap says otherwise bluu!

I'll see if I can upload a video and retain the quality.

And if I can keep the posture I should be hitting it better off the tee

Matt 3 Jab
29th January 2014, 07:43 PM
Driver

http://youtu.be/5CXGBJUXDV0

4 iron

http://youtu.be/ZgkZBhtXkNQ

Coldtopper
29th January 2014, 08:10 PM
Hey Matt, whilst its a little hard to see it appears that your address position is a little out. Make sure feet, hips and shoulders are set parallel to your target line. The driver video show your shoulders going way left of your feet line causing the swing plane to be out. A few set up drills should help. You have a good solid action and just need to spend more time playing and hitting balls. Find a pro you like and get a lesson every so often. Happy hitting

matty
29th January 2014, 08:22 PM
Man, I reckon that's a carbon copy of my old swing that I'm trying to fix.
Inside takeaway, then OTT. Get rid of the inside takeaway and stay balanced. Harness the speed you have.

Matt 3 Jab
31st January 2014, 05:45 PM
So worked on my swing today on course. Short story is the driver is a lot better and the contact was good on most shots. Still don't know how to keep the spine angle at contact. Maybe the ball is a bit close.

5 iron

Matt 3 Jab
31st January 2014, 05:50 PM
Driver. Did hit this one well

kiwitown
31st January 2014, 08:30 PM
you might be able to keep you spine angle better if you have a little less bend in the knees at address, you seem to stand up a lot on the back swing (pictures 2 & 3) and drop in to a cramped position (picture 4) makes it hard to let the club go at impact. (no pro but just an observation).

Steve
31st January 2014, 08:46 PM
Might not be anything. But have you noticed the difference in you hand height and shaft angle at address and impact ???

Matt 3 Jab
31st January 2014, 09:01 PM
Yeah. My setup needs work. I'm too close to the ball. A mate who is a pro fixed me last time and I need to go back to that. Ball further away to not only help spine angle and room to swing, but also flatten out the upright plane.

Always something to work on.

kiwitown
31st January 2014, 09:34 PM
you might find standing a bit more upright will bring the ball a bit closer but will help maintain the spine angle as you have more room to turn..

kiwitown
31st January 2014, 09:36 PM
I have been working on the same thing as I tend to drop into the ball. seems to happen more when I hunch my shoulders at address. frustrating as!

virge666
2nd February 2014, 03:08 PM
Screw the setup the setup is fine.

The downswing it out of sequence... go back to your tennis.

Get the hands and club grip down earlier and then drive your lower half through impact... your clearing hips is way to far ahead of the hands coming through.

if you are on your back feet - then you hook, if you try and correct it - it goes right. Or you time it nicely and it goes straight..

GO back to your feel with tennis, think backhand crosscourt with a solid base. Let the legs create the speed, not the arms...

Enjoy

Matt 3 Jab
2nd February 2014, 07:24 PM
Thanks virg. I'll see how I go with getting the hands and arms moving before the legs.

virge666
2nd February 2014, 07:54 PM
It is a mental thing...

it feels faster to get those hips flying quickly - but all that does it lose all the angle / lag / leverage that you created in the backswing.

Get the arms down to just above hip height and then drive everything through the ball. The lag angle you keep will give you the power, instead of spinning everything at Mach 3.

Just like Stone Cutters - then you can use your tennis hands to control the flight.

It just doesnt feel as powerful, or fast, or anything... but that angle you keep on the downswing unleashes so much more OOMPH into the ball.

Matt 3 Jab
2nd February 2014, 07:55 PM
Thanks. What about the spine angle? Any drills or tips for that issue??

virge666
2nd February 2014, 08:03 PM
Thanks. What about the spine angle? Any drills or tips for that issue??

Your are a bit hunched and even a bit too much more through impact, that is a strength thing and a part of keeping the pelvis forward and holding the enormous amount of speed you create.

It will limit the accuracy and consistency - but that is a fitness issue. Get the weight about 5% further back in the heels and see if you can hold your upper body up whilst you unleash at the ball.

Otherwise - 2 minute planks on each of the 3 sides each night to strengthen it up - or some Bosu ball drills to get the core to turn on more.

Matt 3 Jab
2nd February 2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks mate. Ill head to the range and see how I go. I've been hitting the irons well and hit the driver well at stone cutters, just need to piece it all together again.

JADO75
2nd February 2014, 08:09 PM
I have the same problem Matty so I purposely dislocated my hip so I wouldn't clear them too early, I don't recommend this though.

virge666
2nd February 2014, 08:13 PM
Golf lessons are cheaper... but the drugs are better doing it your way.

Matt 3 Jab
24th February 2014, 03:15 PM
Hit the range today and after hooking everything I now have to open the club face on the backswing and attempt to hold it open through the swing for a fade or 'toe up' in the follow through to hit a draw.

Ugly but seems to be kind of working. Def need a lesson!

Matt 3 Jab
25th February 2014, 04:24 PM
Ok gurus

Who can guess where this ended up

live4golf
25th February 2014, 04:31 PM
Water

Lagerlover
25th February 2014, 04:47 PM
Past the ladies.

Steve
25th February 2014, 04:48 PM
Left scrub

Matt 3 Jab
25th February 2014, 05:18 PM
Left hand side of the left adjacent fairway. Got the hooks bad. Cannot work the ball the other way. Struggle street. Any help?????

Lagerlover
25th February 2014, 05:32 PM
Do you intentionally set up for a draw Matt

Matt 3 Jab
25th February 2014, 05:58 PM
I try not to but when everything is going left I start aiming right. I feel I'm getting stuck a bit but even when I try and get the arms in front I hook it.

Steve
25th February 2014, 06:15 PM
follow thru down your line more not around to the left

Matt 3 Jab
26th February 2014, 07:53 AM
Steve, that may work for the draw, but I'm trying to remove the ball moving so much.

Cannot fade a ball to save my life. Which hurts when my whole game is to work the ball from the safe parts of the green (or fairway) into targets and not short side myself

Daves
26th February 2014, 09:31 AM
The general wisdom seems to be to focus on hitting the inside quarter of the ball, with the follow through on the same line, i.e. finish right of target line. From the frames you posted, you look pretty stuck in frame 4. No impact shot but I am guessing you are saving it with your hands and arms whipping the club around through impact, giving you a pull hook.

Matt 3 Jab
6th March 2014, 01:27 PM

Matt 3 Jab
6th March 2014, 01:29 PM

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/06/ny9y5epy.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/06/esa9y3yg.jpg

Matt 3 Jab
6th March 2014, 01:31 PM
Worked on the alignment and opening up. Fade was back which is nice. Will see how it all goes tomorrow

3oneday
6th March 2014, 01:46 PM
Was camera on a stand? Your dip looks almost as bad as mine if it was.

Matt 3 Jab
6th March 2014, 01:51 PM
Nah just a mate with iPhone 5

Matt 3 Jab
7th March 2014, 11:21 AM
Hit the driver a lot better today. Wedges were ok. Very up and down but I'll get there.

Double crossed a 9 iron out of bounds on the 17th. Triple. Nice.

wazandnic
7th March 2014, 12:09 PM
Wedges were ok. Very up and down but I'll get there.

isn't an Up & Down what you want with a wedge ??? 8)

Matt 3 Jab
24th March 2014, 05:35 PM
Worked on the swing again. Trying to keep the weight on the heels more and that gave me more room and a better rhythm I think. Always after feedback!

8 iron. Feel the follow through is a little steep

Matt 3 Jab
24th March 2014, 05:45 PM
Driver. Went a bit right, but better tempo.

mrbluu
24th March 2014, 08:50 PM
you still look like you need a feed ;-)

Matt 3 Jab
19th May 2014, 07:36 PM
So had a lesson last week

Got my setup back to something that resembles a golfer

I still feel I'm aiming right. The bad shot is a big block.

I am striking the ball a lot better and the wedges are starting to work. Chipping and pitching are a lot better

I think I have a bad habit of the ball position moving back in the stance hence the block.

Time will tell

Broomstick back in the bag and won't be leaving any time soon!

Coldtopper
20th May 2014, 07:40 PM
Hey M3J looks like you have been spending some time on your action as its looking ok. Its obvious that you are working hard on your golf! Time to either work harder or just settle in to your current game. ~@#$in hard from this point on IMHO! PS You have the gear at some bargains now pay some top dollar on the best coach you can afford!

billp
20th May 2014, 08:08 PM
You have my problem of not releasing the club soon enough with the driver, causing a beautiful straight right shot. Easy enough fix just takes a few lessons and plenty of practise to get rid of it.

Matt 3 Jab
20th May 2014, 08:08 PM
Trying trying. The aim is where I'm off.

Getting a routine together to start getting more consistent

Otherwise the ball is coming off the face really well and the short game is starting to get better

Hopefully I can bring some good numbers back from the course and lower the handicap again

Matt 3 Jab
20th May 2014, 08:10 PM
You have my problem of not releasing the club soon enough with the driver, causing a beautiful straight right shot. Easy enough fix just takes a few lessons and plenty of practise to get rid of it.

What drills did you do to help this?

How do you release early but not cast or flip?

billp
21st May 2014, 08:22 AM
That is the trick I am still working on :).

For me it was weakening my right hand grip, and moving my index finger slightly down the grip away from the middle finger like holding a pistol (before this my club was too far into my palm and not in my fingers). This allows my right wrist to come over my left more effectivly. The other thing is practising getting the feeling of releasing the club what feels like half way down on the downswing. This is where the practise comes in for not snap hooking them :), still working on it.

razaar
21st May 2014, 09:56 AM
Matt, a couple of things to look at. The club is shut at the top and the hips are closed at address, not a good combination. You will be fighting a hook or a block every time you tee it up. I can't see what you are doing during the backswing to get the club face shut to the left forearm, maybe too much right hand involved instead of flinging the clubhead up and back with the left wrist. With the hips, set them up open at address to the shoulders and somewhat facing towards the target. This will give you a running start to clear the left leg and hip in the through swing. Those photos above show both the left leg and hip to be restricting the hands and arms into the follow through.

Matt 3 Jab
21st May 2014, 10:05 AM
Matt, a couple of things to look at. The club is shut at the top and the hips are closed at address, not a good combination. You will be fighting a hook or a block every time you tee it up. I can't see what you are doing during the backswing to get the club face shut to the left forearm, maybe too much right hand involved instead of flinging the clubhead up and back with the left wrist. With the hips, set them up open at address to the shoulders and somewhat facing towards the target. This will give you a running start to clear the left leg and hip in the through swing. Those photos above show both the left leg and hip to be restricting the hands and arms into the follow through.

Thanks mate

Really good info and observations

Will work at it on the range ASAP and hopefully get some video of the swings

Iain
21st May 2014, 10:54 AM
Looks pretty square at the top to me.

Coldtopper
21st May 2014, 07:42 PM
Sorry to say M3J go see a decent pro! Weekend warriors will give you nothing.You are square at the top and the other comments are so off the mark except for your alignment being out. Cant play like a pro if you are taking advice from Jack O'Toole the wood chop champ!

mrbluu
21st May 2014, 08:06 PM
I've played with Matty (no homo) and he has the best driver and long iron swing I have ever seen. I think he just need to work on his wedges and have a good caddy so he can clear his head and just hit shots.

Anyone who can hit a blade 2iron off the deck and fly it 230m+ is an awesome ball striker!!!

backintheswing
21st May 2014, 08:49 PM
I've played with Matty (no homo) and he has the best driver and long iron swing I have ever seen. I think he just need to work on his wedges and have a good caddy so he can clear his head and just hit shots.

Anyone who can hit a blade 2iron off the deck and fly it 230m+ is an awesome ball striker!!!

Maybe with his wedge play, he just needs to use the rangefinder more?

razaar
22nd May 2014, 06:00 AM
Thanks mate

Really good info and observations

Will work at it on the range ASAP and hopefully get some video of the swings
It is difficult to tell what is going on from pics because of camera angles. I think the important thing is to understand how it all works so that we can be our own coach and instructor. Once we tee it up on the first tee we are on our own and have to do the best we can with what we bring to the course that day. Saw this today which may help your concept of a draw swing. http://www.golfwrx.com/209833/the-technique-you-need-to-hit-a-proper-draw/?utm_source=Newsletter+5%2F21%2F14&utm_campaign=11-11&utm_medium=email

billp
22nd May 2014, 07:52 AM
Agree with what Coldtopper said, we are all amatures for a reason :), from the photos one lesson from a good Pro every 3 months would have you on a + handicap in no time.

Matt 3 Jab
1st June 2014, 03:02 PM
Good range session yesterday working on alignment. Made an effort to approach the ball from behind rather than the side. Made the setup feel a lot more open but was square with hips and shoulders down the line. Turn and rip. Hit them really well

Feel that I can stay behind and hit the draw or turn early with top half and fade it. Worked really well and was a nice feeling to work it both ways

Only issue was I was hitting it off the toe a bit.

But looking forward to a hit Friday after a long week at work.

Matt 3 Jab
18th August 2014, 05:57 PM
So, been hitting it bad if late

Last 3 holes last week, I was trying to make sure the left hip was turning and not sliding

Easiest way I found to do that was to straighten the left leg coming into impact. I don't know if that's a good or bad idea, but 2 holes today (cancelled due to rain) I hit one solid drive, and a slight push but solid.

Anyone got any ideas about this? My bad one of late is a massive push/cut I think due to sliding and not turning.

Matt 3 Jab
23rd August 2014, 06:10 PM
So today was a better ball striking day. Could really swing freely with the left hip turning behind and not sliding. Hit the ball well, putter let me down a lot. -6 par event with 6 or more 3 putts

Will continue concentrating on this hip but need to sort the setup out some more.

Matt 3 Jab
2nd September 2014, 03:29 PM
Another big range session today. I've decided to go backwards and hit 3/4 punch / armsy swings to work on my ball striking. Will drop back a club or so distance wise but I started to hit the ball very consistent and straight with little movement.

Have to try something!! Can't hit it poor all year.

So no more big bombs of drives unfortunately but being straight at 250 should be better than wide at 280!

razaar
2nd September 2014, 08:17 PM
Matt, the ideal swing has the hands passing through their address address position through impact. That doesn't happen with your action, which has the hands higher through the ball because you are straightening your body angles which raises the swing axis (the upper spine) and moves it back away from the plane line (ball target line). Most players with this action will hit it towards the toe. An easy fix for irons is to fit a slightly longer shaft (or an extension) and adjust the lie angle by a couple of degrees towards the upright. The swing fix is to learn to stay on top of the ball and retain the body angles set up at address.

Matt 3 Jab
3rd September 2014, 05:38 PM
Yeah the toe is the bad miss. I just think I'm trying to hit irons too far. My plan is to go back to 3/4 shots and punch them in all day.

I used to do the same thing but started to shank it. I know how to fix them so I'm back to hitting it shorter.

A few lessons might help as well

Matt 3 Jab
6th September 2014, 12:41 PM
Pulled 90% of shots today. Struck them well but just left all day.

Not sure why. Maybe not turning the shoulders enough. Hit the last couple ok.

At the moment I'm lost in my own swing!

mrbluu
6th September 2014, 01:04 PM
Pulled 90% of shots today. Struck them well but just left all day.

Not sure why. Maybe not turning the shoulders enough. Hit the last couple ok.

At the moment I'm lost in my own swing!

Not enough time in the shower in the mornings???

JADO75
6th September 2014, 05:18 PM
I'll guess feet set up square but shoulders are open at address & you're swinging across your body

Matt 3 Jab
6th September 2014, 05:26 PM
You may be right. It's always the setup with me!

virge666
6th September 2014, 06:27 PM
You may be right. It's always the setup with me!
It's not.

Your hitting 3/4 shots and you are out of sync. The lower body is going to early and releasing the club head too early. This gives you the closed face through impact.

On the range you can fix this as you are hitting shots in quick succession.

Get the hands down to hip height and then fire the hips. This should release the club shaft down the line.

Another way of thinking about this is to hit the ball then rotate through... More lag. More power. Better balance. Square club face..

Easy

Matt 3 Jab
6th September 2014, 06:30 PM
Thanks virg. So hold that wrist angle (lag) on the downswing and through the ball more??

JADO75
6th September 2014, 06:36 PM
But if it starts left & goes straight Matt has put an out to in swing on it with a square face which is my guess that his shoulders are open.L, if he came through with a closed face the ball would hook/draw more to the left.

virge666
6th September 2014, 06:38 PM
Thanks virg. So hold that wrist angle (lag) on the downswing and through the ball more??
Yeah. Also called dropping it into the slot.

You are firing the hips way too early and just closing the club face through impact.

Matt 3 Jab
6th September 2014, 06:40 PM
Cheers. I have been releasing too early I guess.

With the held wrists / lag, do I still use my cross court forehand for draw, forehand drop slice for fade?

mrbluu
6th September 2014, 06:57 PM
Cheers. I have been releasing too early I guess.

That's what she said :D

JADO75
6th September 2014, 07:17 PM
Virge, if Matt's swing plane was correct & he is hitting with a closed face would the ball curve to the left? The fact that the ball is starting left means he has come over the top isn't it?

benno_r
6th September 2014, 07:22 PM
It's not.

Your hitting 3/4 shots and you are out of sync. The lower body is going to early and releasing the club head too early. This gives you the closed face through impact.

On the range you can fix this as you are hitting shots in quick succession.

Get the hands down to hip height and then fire the hips. This should release the club shaft down the line.

Another way of thinking about this is to hit the ball then rotate through... More lag. More power. Better balance. Square club face..

Easy
Is there a video or some reading that might expand on this?

virge666
6th September 2014, 10:30 PM
Virge, if Matt's swing plane was correct & he is hitting with a closed face would the ball curve to the left? The fact that the ball is starting left means he has come over the top isn't it?
No

The ball leaves in the direction the club face at impact regardless of plane.

If it is left going left. Then he is to far from the inside with a closed club face.

Yuk...

If he was OTT. he would be hitting a cut back to the fairway. Also called a pull cut which is what a lot of old guys hit when they only use their lower body.

virge666
6th September 2014, 10:31 PM
Is there a video or some reading that might expand on this?
Dunno... But answer me this.

What happens to the wrists when you spin the hips or drive the legs?

TheNuclearOne
6th September 2014, 10:55 PM
No

The ball leaves in the direction the club face at impact regardless of plane.

If it is left going left. Then he is to far from the inside with a closed club face.

Yuk...

If he was OTT. he would be hitting a cut back to the fairway. Also called a pull cut which is what a lot of old guys hit when they only use their lower body.

So what if the plane is left and the face is square to that plane? Would that not be a straight pull and actually over the top with a square clubface to the plane? I am confuse. I thought over the top swingers get a straight pull left if they don't get that face square to open to their target.

JADO75
7th September 2014, 02:31 AM
That's what I'm saying TNO, the ball cannot start left from swinging on the inside. If you swing from the inside with a closed club face at impact the ball has to start right. A pulled cut is OTT with an open face at impact

davidw88
7th September 2014, 07:20 AM
If it is a straight pull then the he must be coming from the outside with the club face square to the path.

virge666
7th September 2014, 07:33 AM
Can't answer all this on a mobile device. Wait till I get home.

In short.

TNO... Yes
Jado... No. Look up the modern ball rules... Your back in the early 80's

TheNuclearOne
7th September 2014, 12:10 PM
That's what I'm saying TNO, the ball cannot start left from swinging on the inside. If you swing from the inside with a closed club face at impact the ball has to start right. A pulled cut is OTT with an open face at impact

You can hit it left coming from the inside but that shot will start left then hook further left Jado because of a face shut to the target line.

Basically Matt are you hitting straight pulls left or do they start left and curve further left? Surely this would solve some of the puzzle. You said you struck them well so i am going to guess these were straight pulls no curve.

TheNuclearOne
7th September 2014, 12:11 PM
I'm sure Virge could dissect it with a bit of video whether it's an OTT pull or other.

Coldtopper
7th September 2014, 01:28 PM
You are correct Jadho!
The ball flight laws haven't changed in the last decade have they?

razaar
7th September 2014, 03:12 PM
The ball rebounds off the clubface in the direction the clubface is aiming at the point of separation. If the clubface at impact is pointing left of the ball/target line and the swing path is to the right or along the ball/target line, the ball will start off left of the plane line. Side spin is the result of a variance in clubface direction and swing path and direct contact (loft and compression). Side spin is what curves the ball in flight right to left or left to right.

Coldtopper
7th September 2014, 05:20 PM
The ball rebounds off the clubface in the direction the clubface is aiming at the point of separation. If the clubface at impact is pointing left of the ball/target line and the swing path is to the right or along the ball/target line, the ball will start off left of the plane line. Side spin is the result of a variance in clubface direction and swing path and direct contact (loft and compression). Side spin is what curves the ball in flight right to left or left to right. Its all in the rule of Parallel Alignment. Seems a few around here could benift by looking up Mac O'Gradys theory’s on the golf swing! Maybe not for everyone!

virge666
7th September 2014, 06:01 PM

Of course it can... as I said - look up the ball laws. Ball leaves at the direction of the clubface at separation. Path comes into it later on with spin. There are still some old pros that think path is where the ball starts, but these idiots were proved wrong in 2002, then again in 2004 and then Trackman proved it again and finally the old guard gave in.

You will still find teaches today that don't believe it though...

You can hit it left coming from the inside but that shot will start left then hook further left Jado because of a face shut to the target line.

Exactly.

You are correct Jadho!
The ball flight laws haven't changed in the last decade have they?

No he isn't, and it also proves the old adage of pointing the club face where you want the ball to end up and swing along the line you want it to start to also be a crock of shit.

The old ball flight laws as taught to golf pros last century. They are not correct.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1ZRJTmTx3LI/S1n2XKgPIYI/AAAAAAAAALw/Cmgs_6a8S5U/s1600/ball_flight.gif

Here is DT's version of the balls flight laws from 2006

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_1ZRJTmTx3LI/S1nz5P6XJfI/AAAAAAAAALg/addx0SuTJXg/s1600/ballflight1.gif

There is also D-Plane, but that is for another time....

:)

virge666
7th September 2014, 06:30 PM
OK,

Back to Matt's swing.

Low right hip through impact shows the club has released early and his weight is still over his right side through impact
There is nothing OTT in the swing, and you can see in the other swings over the last few months he is not getting onto his left side through impact.
I have also seen him play back at StoneCutters a few months ago as well and he had the same thing.

So body going backwards - club coming up through his neck.

I would like to see it a bit steeper, with the club shaft and body working further left through impact. This will get his upper body weight onto his left side through impact and get the club head in front of his body earlier on the way down.

My 2 cents.

http://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29422&d=1395646300&thumb=1 (http://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29422&d=1395646300)http://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29423&d=1395646313&thumb=1 (http://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29423&d=1395646313)http://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29424&d=1395646326&thumb=1 (http://www.ozgolf.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=29424&d=1395646326)

Matt 3 Jab
7th September 2014, 06:47 PM
Thanks virg

So steeper with the swing plane?? As in when going back higher hands and arms?

How do I get the weight on the left without sliding??

virge666
7th September 2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks virg

So steeper with the swing plane?? As in when going back higher hands and arms?

How do I get the weight on the left without sliding??

It is the same stuff we did at Stoney's.

You need to feel like you are cutting the golf ball more... it will give you a higher ball flight and the hook will disappear. so will the shanks with the shorter shots.

The rotation of the body through impact - which you are seriously lacking will get your weight onto your left side. Work that club further around to the left too please.

Enjoy

Matt 3 Jab
7th September 2014, 07:23 PM
Thanks

So for tomorrow

Hold lag in wrists, forehand cut dropshot, go left with the club.

Going to be interesting!!

JADO75
7th September 2014, 07:27 PM
It's also likely that swing sequence didn't produce a straight pull as Matt first talked about

virge666
7th September 2014, 07:44 PM
Thanks

So for tomorrow

Hold lag in wrists, forehand cut dropshot, go left with the club.

Going to be interesting!!

Yeah - start with that and see what happens. I like that little bleeding right shot, then if you want your real draw back we can work the clubface up more to get the ball turning over.

It's also likely that swing sequence didn't produce a straight pull as Matt first talked about

yeah - it could have. All you need the club head pointing left and his body going backwards to eliminate most the side spin. This moves the plane left and he comes through with the club head square to his new plane.

(but as you say... probably left going more left :) )

Matt 3 Jab
7th September 2014, 07:47 PM
Happy to play that little fade all day mate so will try for that shot!

The draw can be used only when needed and that's the cross court forehand. Easy. Cheers for all the advice!

Matt 3 Jab
8th September 2014, 06:47 PM
Well today was a great ball striking day

Driver was on. 3 wood was on

Smashed it all day.

Irons were good. Bad shot was a hook when I released early.

Was steeper into the ball I think

Cheers virg! Great help as always. One of the better ball striking days in a long time.

virge666
8th September 2014, 09:17 PM
Good to hear.

Welcome back

Matt 3 Jab
23rd January 2015, 06:01 PM
Still too far inside hence the left ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khNQKHAkU1I

Matt 3 Jab
18th May 2015, 09:18 PM
Lessons going well. Really hitting the ball well (except for one shot which i chunked hard and now have hurt my hand so wont be playing tomorrow as planned).

Getting the weight over my right foot, turning and getting the arms to not get stuck inside.

1st Driver swing i hit a draw to left side of fairway, 2nd one is a little cut. PT from the fairway i pushed but struck very well and the hole goes that way so its the miss. Last driver i smashed, couldnt have hit it better. Slowed that one right down to really let people pull it apart.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huUfHS2GDKA&feature=youtu.be

LoveGolf2012
18th May 2015, 09:25 PM
Nice swing,mostly on a great plane all the way.Looking good Matty

TheNuclearOne
18th May 2015, 09:55 PM
No expert but you're noticably laid off going back but certainly get it onplane coming down.

mrbluu
18th May 2015, 10:00 PM
Lessons going well. Really hitting the ball well (except for one shot which i chunked hard and now have hurt my hand so wont be playing tomorrow as planned).

Getting the weight over my right foot, turning and getting the arms to not get stuck inside.

1st Driver swing i hit a draw to left side of fairway, 2nd one is a little cut. PT from the fairway i pushed but struck very well and the hole goes that way so its the miss. Last driver i smashed, couldnt have hit it better. Slowed that one right down to really let people pull it apart.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huUfHS2GDKA&feature=youtu.be

I can't take swing seriously, your shoes don't even match your outfit.

razaar
18th May 2015, 10:38 PM
Matt
Looks to me as if your arms are way ahead of the body pivot in the back swing leading to an over rotation of the forearms. Notice the thumbs are almost horizontal on the upswing where they need to be towards the vertical for the right arm/shoulder to be adducted at the top. Yours is abducted which has a tendency to get stuck behind the right hip causing early internal rotation of the right shoulder on bad swings. IMO your trunk needs to start turning once the arms start to lift (when they pass the right leg). It is a turn and lift movement, rather than a lift and turn. This way the club stays in front of the body and the shaft is vertical during the upswing instead of horizontal. It will allow you to keep the right elbow inside the right hip with an externally rotated right shoulder. This way you won't get stuck on the downswing.

Matt 3 Jab
19th May 2015, 08:32 AM
Thanks mate for the reply, so what you're saying is on the backswing, get the arms going back, then once they pass my leg turn my upper body and shift the weight and it'll help the backswing plane and will help reduce the "getting stuck behind"?

So start backswing with arms, then turn and shift weight?

3oneday
19th May 2015, 09:14 AM
Seems very flat, club pointing at the tree behind you on the swing at 3:40.

Longest 4 minutes of my life :lol:

razaar
19th May 2015, 12:24 PM
Thanks mate for the reply, so what you're saying is on the backswing, get the arms going back, then once they pass my leg turn my upper body and shift the weight and it'll help the backswing plane and will help reduce the "getting stuck behind"?

So start backswing with arms, then turn and shift weight?The correct sequence is to shift the weight during the takeaway which is straight back along the plane line (ball/target line). This raises the right hip and the right shoulder allowing the hands to pass underneath and stay parallel to the plane line. The hands haven't lifted when they reach the right leg nor have the shoulders turned. Past this point the left wrist breaks with the thumb up. Your swing is missing this wrist element. The hands follow the clubhead as it goes up with the elbows together and the right elbow staying inside the right hip. The upper body has to turn to keep the relationship of the right elbow and right hip to the top. In transition we need the right elbow to move ahead of the hands and remain there until just before impact. This can only happen if the elbows have a clear path on the downswing. When the hands pass the right elbow the right shoulder internally rotates. This is a power move which should occur immediately before impact not further back in the downswing. With your present swing the danger is there for getting stuck and fireing early rotation of the right shoulder and a flip.

Matt 3 Jab
19th May 2015, 01:13 PM
Im a bit confused by it all but hopefully it'll work out until i can be shown in person

razaar
19th May 2015, 01:26 PM
There is nothing simple about the golf swing. I have found it to be a very complex discipline to understand.
I learned the correct elbow technique by strapping the right upper arm to my waist and practicing the takeaway and half swings. Eventually I could
hit 3/4 irons strapped up. This drill brings to our attention how much we need to turn the upper body to keep the right elbow down and in during the backswing.

Captain Nemo
19th May 2015, 02:04 PM
Who's Amanda?

Matt 3 Jab
19th May 2015, 02:07 PM
Who's Amanda?

As in who started the thread?

Captain Nemo
19th May 2015, 02:11 PM
As in who started the thread?
Yep!
:)

Matt 3 Jab
19th May 2015, 02:11 PM
Was the first ozgolfer I played a game with. Her and brad. 2006 maybe? And trung. That game I putted so well they gave me my name.

Captain Nemo
19th May 2015, 02:42 PM
Was the first ozgolfer I played a game with. Her and brad. 2006 maybe? And trung. That game I putted so well they gave me my name.

Hahahahahaha, love it!

Matt 3 Jab
25th November 2015, 07:16 PM
Time to work on the swing.

Yes, back to RSS aka Edwin. Not as a result of P. Senior winning, but more a feeling that #1 im a puncher / hitter of the ball, and #2 i used to get coached by a guy who taught me this method and i hit it well but never stuck with it.

First range session was good. Hit the fade for once in my life. Will lose distance at the start with driver but felt my ball striking was great as was the consistent flight.

This was a good 9 iron, fade. Will be working hard to be consistent on both distance and direction. Making the bad shots better than now.

Always loved Pamps and Lonards swing. A long way to go.....

Just disregard the damn grass in front of the camera, going to need a small tripod or the like for the phone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6vH-mIWy5c&feature=youtu.be

Hatchman
25th November 2015, 07:27 PM
I get a please sign in error when trying to view the video.

Matt 3 Jab
25th November 2015, 07:30 PM
Worked it out! Try again

Daves
25th November 2015, 07:34 PM
Nothing too much wrong with that Matty. A touch flat at the top perhaps, but that might be the camera angle.

mrbluu
25th November 2015, 08:10 PM
I like it a lot mate. Keep up the good work.

Matt 3 Jab
25th November 2015, 08:13 PM
Nothing too much wrong with that Matty. A touch flat at the top perhaps, but that might be the camera angle.

I think it might be the shortened backswing, but i do drop it a bit on the inside which im working on so i dont push it

Lucasto23
25th November 2015, 08:23 PM
Oh teach me that swing please ;)

kiwitown
25th November 2015, 09:55 PM
Mate after seeing you inaction you have the ability to hit all the shots..

Hatchman
26th November 2015, 01:19 AM
Bit hard to hit really poor shots swinging like that.

oncewasagolfer
26th November 2015, 06:08 AM
That looks solid nice work.

Matt 3 Jab
26th November 2015, 02:06 PM
Happy to post that the swing held up pretty well in the wind for a +1, 72, 40 points.

Go the RSS!

mrbluu
26th November 2015, 02:10 PM
Happy to post that the swing held up pretty well in the wind for a +1, 72, 40 points.

Go the RSS!
Flusha.

Scifisicko
26th November 2015, 05:08 PM
Cant tell much from that 1511 vid, but the driver vids are great, great swing and tempo, loads of lag and power and great camera work. Rays posts contain all the good stuff. Disagree with others you are too flat. I have the same issue with flying right elbow and can now control it on the range. Its a relatively easy change to make once you feel it because suddenly you feel both arms working together and pulling down the plane. It also helps stop the arms disconnecting and club getting behind. Its a bit of a light bulb moment when you feel it. By the looks you dont need any more power but this will add it as well as control. You can also use a robe tie around your body and right elbow, or hold a soft toy or medium sized ball between your forearms while you swing to feel it. As soon as it drops out you are flying the elbow. Also as others have said it does look like the club gets behind you at times, 3:40ish on the super slow driver swing you can see the perfectly timed flip to catch up (no way you are a flipper), I also battle with this but the simple fix is to not to let the darn things get behind you to start with, just keep em out in front! Feel where that is and dont let em behind. Much easier to do when your right arm is connected.

Matt 3 Jab
30th November 2015, 12:15 PM
RSS has me playing a fade all day and loving it.

Social round at the springs with a mate today. Had Even Par 72.

Hitting the ball solid and my bad shots are still good. So its happy days.

Peppas
30th November 2015, 12:46 PM
I hate you :)

mrbluu
30th November 2015, 01:53 PM
RSS has me playing a fade all day and loving it.

Social round at the springs with a mate today. Had Even Par 72.

Hitting the ball solid and my bad shots are still good. So its happy days.
Boom.

Matt 3 Jab
10th December 2015, 12:28 PM
Working on the swing. Hitting the ball pretty well, fell apart a bit yesterday to have +11 (not the worst, and could have had 4 shots less if i had kept focus!).

Working on the turn through the ball. Its hard work and feels a bit weird at the moment but the ball seems to be coming off ok. Also focusing on the legs.

Hope it holds up in SA!

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BUmP_zfb30&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isj0w60s88U&feature=youtu.be

spanner039
10th December 2015, 01:03 PM
Looking good Matt !!!

Lucasto23
12th December 2015, 12:15 AM
Looks good Matt, keep that up. Baby fades?

virge666
14th December 2015, 09:24 PM
Soften the right arm.

Turn it under so I can see your left arm from behind at setup.

Get the upper body back a few inches too

Matt 3 Jab
14th December 2015, 09:26 PM
Soften the right arm.

Turn it under so I can see your left arm from behind at setup.

Get the upper body back a few inches too

Yep and yep! Thanks!! Always working on the shape. Needs a lot more work / shape.

Matt 3 Jab
2nd January 2016, 03:37 PM
Still working on setup and the feeling of the RSS

Straight leg drill helps to get the feeling.

Video shows this and then a normal 7 iron.

More work needed on setup including getting the feet narrower and the head position right. But feeling good about it all and working hard.

Seeing big gains in the short irons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_msed2Rpxk8

davidw88
3rd January 2016, 07:01 PM
What does the straight leg drill do?

Matt 3 Jab
3rd January 2016, 07:21 PM
Stops the right leg from being over active and allows the upper body to work more as it should. You can see the difference in room I have on the downswing which I'm working on

davidw88
3rd January 2016, 07:47 PM
Just watched some youtube videos on rss. Seems like it is pretty simplified, might work ok for me as I don't seem to rotate my hips a lot on the downswing.

Jazz18
3rd January 2016, 08:25 PM
Looks like a cool range. Where is that Matt?

Matt 3 Jab
3rd January 2016, 08:30 PM
Kincumber driving range. It's just not long enough. Although the wind is usually straight into you but only 235m long.

Jazz18
4th January 2016, 03:38 PM
Kincumber driving range. It's just not long enough. Although the wind is usually straight into you but only 235m long.

Thanks mate. I'll check it out next time I'm up that way. I can see how it would be annoying for you seeing as you were hitting it past my driver with your hybrid!

Matt 3 Jab
4th January 2016, 03:43 PM
Yeah good grass area and good golf balls.

razaar
4th January 2016, 03:48 PM
Stops the right leg from being over active and allows the upper body to work more as it should. You can see the difference in room I have on the downswing which I'm working onMatt, you are one of the lucky ones, blessed with tons of athletic ability. My advice is not to cut movements out of your swing to make it simpler or because of a concept you have been exposed to.
The list is long of thoroughbred golfers who have lost their swings by going down this path - many under the guidance of experts. Swings that look simple are anything but.

Scifisicko
4th January 2016, 04:32 PM
Impact positions from 10/12/15 vids, a lot of the forward lean you can see is because the shutter speed is too slow...3917339174 but looks a bit flippy. More frames would help too.

I'm working on this too. Hands covering left thigh at impact and shaft not past right arm when parallel to ground in follow through.

Jazz18
4th January 2016, 04:53 PM
Yeah good grass area and good golf balls.

Nice. Good range balls are hard to find.

mrbluu
4th January 2016, 05:58 PM
Nice. Good range balls are hard to find.
Don't be too hard on golf balls, u might put your back out. [emoji14]

Matt 3 Jab
13th August 2016, 08:47 AM
Matt, you are one of the lucky ones, blessed with tons of athletic ability. My advice is not to cut movements out of your swing to make it simpler or because of a concept you have been exposed to.
The list is long of thoroughbred golfers who have lost their swings by going down this path - many under the guidance of experts. Swings that look simple are anything but.

Havent updated this in a while. I sort of left RSS but im really going in no direction other than hitting it and trying my best to hit fades. I'm not 100% sure where my swing goes from here other than feel.

I was working on my putting with a coach briefly, and i think ill focus on that side for now.

The major thing i have seen re watching a tonne of my videos is i cannot keep my posture at impact, which i have no idea how to fix, but seems ingrained into my swing.

dee cee
13th August 2016, 12:58 PM
I think you might be pushing off your right foot instead of shifting left and posting. This move should come from pulling from the left side, left oblique and posting with your left glute firing. Not pushing with the right foot and hip.. As soon as you push too much it's hard to keep your posture. Try hitting wedges of quarter swings where you move into your left side without the right foot pushing excessively. My 2 cents.

Matt 3 Jab
25th October 2017, 10:36 AM
Long time between updating but I'm not working with Jason Laws at Newcastle golf club.

Would 150% recommend him to anyone north of sydney for a lesson.

Working on getting the swing more upright and a better release as im releasing early sending the ball too high and losing distance.

Using the split hand drill to help that and then holding my wrist angle through the swing and turning more.

Time will tell how it all goes.

Bigbad
25th October 2017, 06:55 PM
My swing as of last week, video is of me hitting an 8 iron. Looking to get a little more rotation with my hips, shallow out my swing a little but it's fairly solid at the moment.
https://twitter.com/BennyDTD/status/923109347982319616

Matt 3 Jab
26th December 2020, 11:56 AM
Been really trying to work hard with the plane mate, to try and get rid of the flip and get a better turn to be able to have the follow through plane the same as the backswing. Constant feeling of exiting left. But I just cannot for the life of me stop the flip or get it left. I can't turn any more than I am.

Anyone got some drills for the flip?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/1f61d3c180c489445e58c664e702626c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/e616fe54a3d4c914a64ca53ead09ffed.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/5b63bf75c6bc147e40f0d19e4b3e9862.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/042e2e9c3e4a5f76d035b8bb91756e0c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/bb0523400486c4884b76fe4ae26a10c0.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/868e7248c2a437c4cbb6462eebe7a2a9.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/f2d6100a4bb8dbfb64773c47e8c9602b.jpg

Matt 3 Jab
26th December 2020, 12:00 PM
8 iron
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/299afecbf4be8c3c05f338a681295380.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/80fd5007b6683d9535de5a006e6a2b22.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/ef2816b1792437080ec54dc2dedccc31.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/21076e32ed353b88436c132ee5bb52a6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20201226/65c28e2005d28fd52c4c3d61f26bd764.jpg

NewyMitch
28th December 2020, 06:12 AM
To ask a potentially silly question: are you trying to get rid of the flip for a particular reason?

rick3003
28th December 2020, 08:11 AM
I am no swing expert so wont offer any tips but do love the retro bags in the background

Matt 3 Jab
28th December 2020, 09:31 AM
To ask a potentially silly question: are you trying to get rid of the flip for a particular reason?Face rotation consistency. Flipping works when you are timing it well. Not so good when you aren't. Get pushes and hooks.

Trying to be more consistent. Less hot and cold

Captain Nemo
28th December 2020, 10:00 AM
Weaker grip?

BUSHY
28th December 2020, 10:27 AM
You need to get the G-Box!

Matt 3 Jab
28th December 2020, 12:04 PM
I am no swing expert so wont offer any tips but do love the retro bags in the backgroundThe mizzy one is sweet. Sadly not mine! Hopefully the new year I'll mix them up a bit

PerryGroves
28th December 2020, 12:47 PM
Matt, swing looks good with the 8 iron. May be just the club of choice but have you specifically tried to have your hands closer to the body through the hitting zone.

i'm always surprised how close certain pros have their hands, Jon Rahm is one.

Matt 3 Jab
28th December 2020, 12:51 PM
I would actually like more room if I could. Hate how close they are. No room, creates the push right sometimes. Still trying to find a coach who's local and will help work on it.

NewyMitch
28th December 2020, 01:47 PM
I had a fitting with Brad at the golf hub a fair while ago and he spent half the time trying to get me to rotate and create some space at impact.

https://golfhubcentralcoast.com.au/golf-lessons/

Matt 3 Jab
28th December 2020, 01:59 PM
Yeah I've had a lesson with Brad when they opened. It was a great facility. I get hot and cold with working on the swing and just throwing 8 clubs in and not worrying about a score.

We have a new pro at the course so might see what he is all about

Matt 3 Jab
26th October 2021, 06:12 PM
Swing cuts

Go nutshttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/6177b709353d6/YouCut_20211026_190518000.mp4http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/6177b8534135c/YouCut_20211026_191043281.mp4

virge666
1st November 2021, 07:20 AM
nice swing..

i would be working on shallowing the club through impact, you dont really have a lot of space to get the club around into impact.

Your hands would have more speed, you would be less jammed up and you keep the green keepers happier with divots that dont need all the sand from the bucket.

Matt 3 Jab
17th January 2022, 07:52 PM
nice swing..

i would be working on shallowing the club through impact, you dont really have a lot of space to get the club around into impact.

Your hands would have more speed, you would be less jammed up and you keep the green keepers happier with divots that dont need all the sand from the bucket.Sort of missed this

Agree with zero room

Not sure how to shallow it out. Always been a big divot taker.

Looked over some videos of late. Swing never changes.

The putting however is terrible. As always. Sigh...

connico
24th January 2022, 08:33 PM
Still 3 putting mate?

markTHEblake
24th January 2022, 08:43 PM
Where did you come from?

connico
24th January 2022, 09:03 PM
2006?

markTHEblake
24th January 2022, 09:25 PM
So many old timers coming out from the woodwork now.... welcome back.

We should dig up that photo

connico
24th January 2022, 09:31 PM
Lol I stopped working night shift so no time for golf 3-4 times a week, got married, had kids, moved a couple of times and got in to debt like a grown up....

Figured im almost 40 might as well pickup golf again since the kids are giving me more time lol

So many old timers coming out from the woodwork now.... welcome back.

Thanks!!!

We should dig up that photo

oh noooo which one?

markTHEblake
24th January 2022, 10:50 PM
oh noooo which one? The clue is something you borrowed from Flowergirl.

connico
25th January 2022, 08:19 AM
The clue is something you borrowed from Flowergirl.

Ohhhh let's not ahahah

Matt 3 Jab
25th January 2022, 08:39 AM
Still 3 putting mate?Welcome back!!

Yes, still lots of putts [emoji23]

connico
25th January 2022, 10:14 AM
Welcome back!!

Yes, still lots of putts [emoji23]

Might have to come and see for myself :P