PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 23rd January, 2006

Pinglauncher
26th January 2006, 04:37 PM
37 points (18 / 19 ) today at New Brighton in an Australia Day Ozgolf special.

The swing changes are showing some positive results but an extremely bad driving day and a couple of mental lapses cost me plenty.

2 wipes and 3 one pointers :evil:

jimandr
26th January 2006, 10:38 PM
New Brighton today with Ping and other Ozgolfers. I never split my scores into two nines, but I need to today. 32 points (11/21).

Had 9 points after 8 holes and was in the depths of despair. Couldn't find a fairway, hit a green, hit a good chip, or putt. Went back to an old remedy of having a little pause at the top, suddenly started to hit the ball OK. Its funny how the rest of the game also improves once you start hitting a few good shots.

No planned golf this weekend, so there could be some practice fairway time available to see if a temporary fix works more permanently.

amanda
27th January 2006, 07:23 AM
I was stoked with 35 points today - but like jim - the first 9 let me down - 14/21. It took me a little while to get the hang of the mental routine I've taken up after going to a mind seminar - but once I got the hang of it, I was hitting consistently good shots.

I had 1 wipe and about 6 1-pointers!

Matt 3 Jab
27th January 2006, 07:28 AM
Played at new brighton with the ozgolfer's.
overall, with no practice for 2 weeks, i think i hit the ball really well, the short game is what let me down, and 100m in, my sandwedge kept squirting right all day, couldnt hit a green from 100m in :?
Fairways: 4 but had alot just in the rough, so number looks low but i drove it well
Greens: 7
Putts: 27 missed two 1 foot putts, 1 on the first and 1 on the 4th, both with the 2 ball putter, did not putt on 8 because i wiped the hole before i was on the green, missed 3 birdie putts that were within the 10ft range :evil: damn flatbalde!
all up was a good day, i just let loose with the driver on holes i shouldnt have.

All up 33 points off a 7 handicap.

shazza_rs
27th January 2006, 07:59 AM
Riverlakes 26/1/06, played with A-lo, C-lo and peter_rs

Had a 92/74..... drove the ball really badly... think i have worked out the reason i am hooking... pete has a picture of my follow through which shone some light on the situation.

Am conquering some of the holes i didn't like so my mental approach is improving on this course.

I don't think it will be too long before c-lo overtakes andy in golfing ability. She has a really good setup and hits some good shots....... and she is definitely a better putter..

Had a great day.

pt73
27th January 2006, 09:16 AM
Played on Australia Day at Royal Sydney with my best mate and had 36 points off a 4 handicap which is the first time I've matched or bettered my handicap in 12 rounds. :D

I started par, par, bogey, triple, par, bogey so 4 over was a good result.

They've started getting the course ready for the 2006 Aussie Open by growing the rough now while it's still growing season, the pros are going to have a time getting out of that stuff. Word at the club is that Ernie will be playing.

PT

Matt 3 Jab
27th January 2006, 09:33 AM
Nice round PT, i hope the open has alot of overseas starters, would be good to see some high class golf in sydney for once

Flowergirl
28th January 2006, 04:37 PM
Played yesterday at Long Island - a really lovely course. Have practised a bit this week and felt very happy with my swing. Played the first 5 holes really well - bogey, par, par, bogey, par - then on the 6th a beautiful tee shot and as we watched it in the air - two great forks of lightning came down right where it was heading. In less than 2 mins. there was thunder and lightning - a mini tornado - then rain that equalled the downpour that ended our game at Coolangatta. :shock:
I have never been so soaked in my life!! The comp was called off and a very disappointed Flowergirl packed up her clubs and went home. I really think that I could have gone on with it - I was in the zone man!!
Also it was my birthday - it could have been a lovely present.Oh well- next time :D

Courty
28th January 2006, 05:01 PM
Got rained out after 15 holes. It was p155ing down the entire time & I couldn't have gotten any wetter if I tried so I would have been happy to keep going, but the others piked out on me. I suppose it is a problem when you can't putt 'cos there is 2 inches of water flowing across the line of your putt...  :roll:

markTHEblake
28th January 2006, 05:06 PM
Played yesterday at Long Island - a really lovely course.

Great course Long Island. One of the few vicco courses that have played. The greens impressed me the most. Hit a seven iron that stopped within inches of where it landed - the plugmark was barely a few blades of grass out of place. and then the putt was like putting on glass. I have never seen that before, nor again.

Heres one for your trivia buffs. Today, I had a shank, an OB, ball hit my leg, and a par all on the same hole - how?

amanda
28th January 2006, 05:09 PM
Also it was my birthday - it could have been a lovely present.Oh well- next time :D

Happy birthday Reenie :smt113

Courty
Heres one for your trivia buffs.  Today, I had a  shank, an OB, ball hit my leg, and a par all on the same hole - how?

Let's see. Your ball was in play, you were standing OB and playing a left-handed shot with your righty clubs. You shanked it into the OB where it hit your leg, then bounced back in play and you then went on to make par? :?

Jarro
Heres one for your trivia buffs.  Today, I had a  shank, an OB, ball hit my leg, and a par all on the same hole - how?

no-ones interested Blakey :roll:

Moe Norman
28th January 2006, 05:29 PM
raised the bat today.

I have nothing further to add

markTHEblake
28th January 2006, 06:06 PM
Heres one for your trivia buffs. Today, I had a shank, an OB, ball hit my leg, and a par all on the same hole - how?

Let's see. Your ball was in play, you were standing OB and playing a left-handed shot with your righty clubs. You shanked it into the OB where it hit your leg, then bounced back in play and you then went on to make par? :?

Damn close man.

I was about 3 feet from one of our Night Golf light towers Shanked it, hit the pole, hit my leg and went out of bounds.

The poles are compulsory replay stroke without penalty, which is a blessing in more ways then one, cos if the pole wasnt there i would have shanked it into the lake.

Saved by the damn pole rule - regulation par.
:D

Jarro
28th January 2006, 06:12 PM
so technically it wasn't an OB if you got the chance to rehit it without penalty.

I thought any shot that struck the player who hit it automatically resulted in a 2 shot penalty :smt017

AndyP
28th January 2006, 08:40 PM

Happy birthday Reenie :smt113
Ditto. Happy 60th, FG.

Flowergirl
29th January 2006, 12:20 AM
Ha ha ha :shock:

Pinglauncher
29th January 2006, 01:33 PM
I had 37 points today. Had a very ordinary day off the tee and had a wicked case of the hooks with driver :evil: Everything else was pretty solid and very happy with my putting today.

Nathan had 42 points :lol: ( without exaggeration or fatherly pride it could have easily been 48+ ) He hit the wrong ball on the first hole which got him off on the wrong foot but he recovered well.

We combined pretty well for 53 points in the 4BBB so hopefully another win 8)

Matt 3 Jab
29th January 2006, 01:49 PM
well done to you ping and great round nathan! must have been all those tips i gave him :lol:

pt73
29th January 2006, 05:01 PM
Had 34 points (+6), drove the ball all over the place, my shortgame kept me in touch but bogey on the last to deep sixed another .1 as CCR was 73 (+1).

My streak of not playing to/beating my handicap is now 13 rounds. :x

PT

amanda
29th January 2006, 06:05 PM
pinglauncher - send nathan our congratulations!

thanks to marcel for a great day out today at NSWGC. I shot 36 points (very happy) and brad had 25 (which was pretty good with a half swing).

highlight of the day was 4 pars in a row (9-13) and for 2 of those, the par putt was a tap in :D

Jarro
29th January 2006, 06:14 PM
92/80 around Redcliffe today (par 71)

Drove the ball well most of the time, but my ironplay was a bit awry ... seemed to be pushing everything (think i might have had the ball too far back in my stance) Also had a shocker in the bunkers .... took 2 or more shots to get out of them 4 times :oops:

time to hit the praccy range :wink:

BrisVegas
29th January 2006, 07:56 PM
Played Redcliffe today from the blue markers in pretty blustery conditions.

87 gross for 79 nett.
10 fairways
8 GIR
41 putts.

yep, 41 putts.... :oops:

Time for a new putter. :wink:

Pinglauncher
29th January 2006, 08:21 PM

Thanks Amanda, I just told him.

I found out that he did win "C" Grade again and we won the 4BBB - second time in 2 weeks Yee Haaa :D

3oneday
29th January 2006, 08:38 PM

Thanks Amanda, I just told him.

I found out that he did win "C" Grade again and we won the 4BBB - second time in 2 weeks Yee Haaa  :Ddrug test time :!: :!:

Didn't you have over 50 points last time as well ??

Driver too weak ?? swap ?? :wink:

:lol: :lol:

AndyP
30th January 2006, 02:29 PM
29/01/06, Redcliffe GC, Stroke.

5/14 effective T-shots.
2/18 effective approaches.
37 putts.
-------------------
3 pars.
11 bogeys.
2 doubles.
2 others (2 10s).
Score 46-51-97 nett 84 (Par 35-36-71)

Kept using the driver for too long, as it wasn't doing me many favours off the tee. And then when I decided to leave it in the bag for the rest of the day, I should have stuck with my decision. Was also silly enough to start playing with my swing with a couple of holes to go.

Not too disappointed with the round though. I was happy with my attitude on the course. Thought I was rolling the putts pretty well. Just need to get some touch back.

BrisWesty
30th January 2006, 09:17 PM
92 / 79 at Redcliffe on Sunday.

6/13 fairways
6 tee shots into trouble
2 GIR

2 pars
12 bogeys
3 doubles
1 triple

Generally consistent, if getting bogeys is considered consistent.
Some reasonable ball striking, but for a first time at a course, I'm not too upset. Definitely left shots out there.
Really nice course (except for 16-18 ).

Jarro
31st January 2006, 01:56 AM
Really nice course (except for 16-18 ).

pretty tough finishing holes aren't they ;)

brad
31st January 2006, 03:47 PM
As amanda said earlier - had 25 pts at NSW - chipping and putting was quite good. Made about 5 fairways and 2 greens in regulation. All up, just happy to have a full game under my belt.

NSW is one great course, a pity only one of the Whites could do it justice.

Also heard some interesting stories about NSW locals....:shock: