PDA

View Full Version : $50 for a game at Brookwater on Saturday 17th July

Jono
5th July 2004, 08:06 PM
Anybody keen? There is a tee time up for bid on Ebay. 10:30am on Saturday 17th July.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3686589450&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

If we can get a group of four and the final bid doesn't exceed say $240 (ie. $60 per person), I think it's going to be a good deal.

I'm keen and I think Terry might be interested also. Two more?

Jono
Terry
player3
player4

The ebay auction ends in 4 days.

990B Luva
5th July 2004, 08:36 PM
i WILL be in this

terryand
5th July 2004, 08:49 PM
i WILL be in this

Sorry 990b, NO juniors invited :smt102

Under the circumstances :oops:

Terry.

Fishman Dan
5th July 2004, 09:56 PM
i WILL be in this

Wouldn't that money be better off settling some [bad?] debts?

Imagine what a load off your back that would be...

Jarro
6th July 2004, 03:38 PM
Geezuz 990B...i'd be settling this debt soon, just to get these jokers off your back.
Was it 12 months interest free, with a free set of steak knives ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AndyP
6th July 2004, 03:47 PM
Geezuz 990B...i'd be settling this debt soon, just to get these jokers off your back.
Was it 12 months interest free, with a free set of steak knives ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's crap. I didn't get any knives with my wedge. :x :mrgreen:

Fishman Dan
6th July 2004, 03:47 PM

Serious offer here...

Jarro - i will buy that club from you if 990B defaults payment. I'm talking cash.

990B - ball in your court. That's a great deal you got there, pay up or return the goods, because i'm next in queue.... :smt079

... and i'm good for it :wink:

Jono
6th July 2004, 06:20 PM
OK. We have three. One place left.

1. Jono
2. Tez
3. Nudgee

Come on guys. This is a great deal. Look what you get for $50!

1. Green fee to one of the best course in Australia $100
2. Golf carts with COLOUR GPS $30
3. Company of fellow Ozgolfers ... PRICELESS :lol:

Bidding closes in 3 days ...

AndyP
6th July 2004, 06:52 PM
No, but I can guess that you've knifed a few ! :D
Maybe. :roll:

Come on guys. This is a great deal. Look what you get for $50!
Not disputing that it's a great deal, but those auctions are always going. We could probably have a few of these. 8)

990B Luva
6th July 2004, 08:00 PM
i will pay Jarro THIS WEEK (by FRIDAY!!!) along with Peter

AndyP
6th July 2004, 08:11 PM
SHHHHHOOOOWWWWW MMMEEEEEEEEE THHHEEEEEEEE MOOOOOONNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYY! :P

Jarro
6th July 2004, 08:11 PM

thanks mate :wink:

Jono
7th July 2004, 06:37 AM
Not disputing that it's a great deal, but those auctions are always going. We could probably have a few of these. 8)

So can you make it, Andy? :D

AndyP
7th July 2004, 06:47 AM
So can you make it, Andy? :D
Although I am scheduled to be back, my roster is never stable so it would be too risky to say yes. Plus I would probably want to leave this day open for the matchplay round I need to play at Nambour.

BrisVegas
7th July 2004, 07:08 AM
Jono,

I'd love to play this... I'd really like to show you around my future "home" course. Also, I have never played with Nudgee before. Unfortunately I have a dentist appointment scheduled for 11:50am that Saturday. :oops:

I know that sounds like a weak-arsed excuse. But I have already cancelled that appointment twice (for games of golf!) and it's now getting to the point that the dentist is pissed off at me. I have my name on a waiting list for an early appointment, but no guarantees anything will open up.

I'll do what I can to make it.

Dion

AndyP
7th July 2004, 07:15 AM
I know that sounds like a weak-arsed excuse.
You're right it does sound like a weak-arsed excuse. :P
Didn't know dentists were open on Saturdays. That's a bit of a find.

BrisVegas
7th July 2004, 07:16 AM
Jono,

I'm IN. I'm IN. I'm IN. :D :D :D

Dion

BrisVegas
7th July 2004, 07:19 AM
I know that sounds like a weak-arsed excuse.
You're right it does sound like a weak-arsed excuse. :P
Didn't know dentists were open on Saturdays. That's a bit of a find.
Yes Andy, the Algester Dentist is open on Saturdays. I'm sure plenty of other ones are too. It's my wife's dentist (she grew up over there), whom I have inherited since we got married....

I got an appointment there this Friday lunch time now. Just gonna have to rush over there after playing St Lucia at 7:00am.

AndyP
7th July 2004, 07:26 AM
I got an appointment there this Friday lunch time now. Just gonna have to rush over there after playing St Lucia at 7:00am.
More Golf. :o You are playing a lot these days, Vegas. 8)

Jarro
7th July 2004, 10:34 AM

the lengths we go to for a game of golf :roll: :lol:

Jono
7th July 2004, 05:10 PM
Jono,

I'm IN. I'm IN. I'm IN. :D :D :D

Dion

Way to go, Bris! Game is on, boys!

1. Jono
2. Tez
3. Nudgee
4. BrisVegas

If the bidding price gets ridiculous, I'll drop out. But let's see what happens. I'll keep you guys updated with the ebay bidding.

Jarro
7th July 2004, 05:16 PM
Have a good one boys .....

.. you lucky ducks :(

Trung
7th July 2004, 06:34 PM
Way to go, Bris! Game is on, boys!

1. Jono
2. Tez
3. Nudgee
4. BrisVegas

If the bidding price gets ridiculous, I'll drop out. But let's see what happens. I'll keep you guys updated with the ebay bidding.

You now have 4 players, I would be pissed off if someone click the "BUY IT NOW" icon and there is not even a chance to bid. :lol:

Jono
7th July 2004, 07:57 PM
You now have 4 players, I would be pissed off if someone click the "BUY IT NOW" icon and there is not even a chance to bid. :lol:

Hmmm ... good point, Trung ... I'd be more than annoyed if that happened. :?

OK, guys. What do you want to do? Should we get the tee time at the Buy Now price of $279? This works out at $70 per person, which I still think is a good value for a Saturday game at Brookwater. Or should we wait and see if we can keep the price down ... potentially $50 per person. I don't mind either way. If for some reason we can't play at Brookwater, perhaps we can play somewhere nearby. Tee time at Pelican Waters is up for grabs on Ebay as well.

BTW, BLUES 18 MAROONS 8 :shock:

terryand
7th July 2004, 08:01 PM
Jono,Maybe put one bid on it and see what happens from there.

Terry.

jaster
7th July 2004, 09:36 PM
Who is going to pay $1 less than anyone else ;)

Jarro
7th July 2004, 10:00 PM
why don't you just cancel it.

it sounds like a bad idea anyway :P :lol:

AndyP
8th July 2004, 06:51 AM
why don't you just cancel it.

it sounds like a bad idea anyway :P :lol:
If you are going to get nasty about it, why not put a few bids on the auction to bump the price up a bit. :twisted:

BrisVegas
8th July 2004, 07:36 AM

You're right Andy. I still suck though.... :cry: :roll:

AndyP
8th July 2004, 07:48 AM
You're right Andy. I still suck though.... :cry: :roll:

Sounds like a theory. Maybe that's why I'm playing crap. Too much golf.

Hmmmm, less golf - play well OR more golf - play ordinary. Think I would take the more golf option anyway. 8)

Jarro
8th July 2004, 11:59 AM
Hmmmm, less golf - play well OR more golf - play ordinary. Think I would take the more golf option anyway. 8)

me too :D

Trung
9th July 2004, 09:15 PM
"Buy it Now" :lol:

Jono
10th July 2004, 12:50 AM

Trung, I don't think you can once the first bid is made ... I can't see the Buy it Now option anymore for that item anyway.

Hmmm ... a mystery bidder. :roll: Looks like he just joined Ebay yesterday. :?

Trung
10th July 2004, 12:15 PM
now at AU $250.50 :shock:

BrisVegas
10th July 2004, 12:55 PM
Go Jono Go! There's 15 minutes left. The other guy's got it at the moment at 250.50.

It's still a bargain at that price.

BrisVegas
10th July 2004, 01:05 PM
just saw your $265 bid. Nice. Good luck!

BrisVegas
10th July 2004, 01:10 PM
WOOHOOO!!!!!! We're in! :D :D :D

Man, that was exciting! I can see how all you ho's get hooked on ebay. :P

Can't wait until next Saturday. Thanks for doing all that Jono! :wink:

Jarro
10th July 2004, 01:21 PM
WOOHOOO!!!!!! We're in! :D :D :D

Man, that was exciting! I can see how all you ho's get hooked on ebay. :P

settle vegas :roll: :lol:

Have a good day guys... hit 'em well 8)

Jono
10th July 2004, 02:11 PM
Man, that was tough bidding. I was out doing some shopping with friends and thought I'd better check to make sure. So a quick stopover at an internet cafe ... s#$t, 25 minutes to go and I was outbid again! I had to sit it out, and my time on the computer ran out just as the bidding closed. I tell ya, I got more adrenaline rush than being on a roller coaster. :lol:

I hope Nudgee and Tez are OK with the final price of $265 ($66.25) per person which IMO is still an excellent deal.

18 holes with carts (did I mention COLOUR GPS? :D ) and range balls (up to 1 hour before tee time). WOOHOOHOOO!!!!! :smt026

terryand
10th July 2004, 03:27 PM
wel done Jono,no problems here or with the big guy either i would think.

Cya on Satdee :smt023

Terry.

AndyP
10th July 2004, 09:47 PM
Damn, I tried to outbid you, but Jono was too quick. :wink:

=18 holes with carts (did I mention COLOUR GPS? :D ) and range balls (up to 1 hour before tee time).
I didn't know they had an hour limit on the range balls. :?

Jono
12th July 2004, 01:06 PM
Unlucky? Perhaps. But I'll take it at that price any time ... :lol:

OK, it's set. Payment has been made and I received the confirmation number. See you guys at the range say 30 to 45 minutes before tee off? Terry, you gotta come to the range this time. :wink:

Jarro
12th July 2004, 04:06 PM
Terry, you gotta come to the range this time. :wink:

yeah right :roll: :P :lol:

terryand
12th July 2004, 05:30 PM
Terry, you gotta come to the range this time. :wink:

Mmmm,Ahhhhhhh,Oooooooooh.......OK.

Terry.

nudgee
12th July 2004, 05:38 PM
Jono,

$66 is a bargain - definately count me in for this one - and yes I will be there at the range nice and early to tune the game in as I wanna loose the least amount of balls possible!!.

AndyP
14th July 2004, 02:25 PM
Just a hypothetical at this stage fella's but.....would anyone be interested in making up another group of 4 this Saturday later in the morning at the same price...$65 ?

Please advise as soon as possible so I can make necessary arrangements.
Hypothetically yes. However, I have other commitments on Saturday, so I would prefer it if the tee time was around the ebay time (1030) or earlier.

BrisVegas
17th July 2004, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the game guys (I know Jono won't read this until tomorrow as he is currently driving back to Sydney :shock: ). Brooky was in pretty decent shape, and the green were slick and true. The fairways were a bit patchy, but then it hasn't rained in a couple of months and they get frosts out there most nights. From the gold tees, Brooky is pretty reasonable as long as you keep it in the middle. The rough/scrub is not the place to be. I had to chip out sideways every time....

I won't dob the other boys in score-wise.... As for me, I was going pretty good with 19 points on the front, but had my usual back-nine collapse. On the back nine I had wash-1-2-4-2-1-wash-3-1 !! I finished with 33 points for an 81... It seems I will NEVER break 80 around there in a comp round...

Jono continued to amaze with his effortless length today. Although, I must say I snuck a few past him this time!! :wink:

Terry remains the long iron king. 8) He smoothed a 3 iron onto the 17th over water from 200 metres.

Although looking pretty tired and disinterested, Nudgee retained his mantle of long drive monster with a 300 metre slap up the 18th..... :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock: Those who know the 18th will know that it plays uphill, and around a corner. Seriously scary!!

terryand
18th July 2004, 09:22 AM
Convinced that those first four holes are the best starting group of holes I have ever seen.

The last four aren't too bad either!

Terry.

Jarro
18th July 2004, 09:30 AM
i still can't see how the 18th is ranked Index 1 :?

i mean it's a tough hole, but no-way is it the toughest :roll:

Jono
18th July 2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks Vegas, Terry, and Nudgee for the game. My golf game was pretty ordinary (22 points) but I hit a couple of nice drives. However, I was no match for the new and improved, slim and fit, supercharged Vegas Swinging Machine. Man, that swing's smooooooth. Swing plane of Jim Furyk :wink: with tempo of Ernie Els ... Actually, the swing plane has flattened out a bit, probably fuelled by Terry's remark after one of Vegas' drives: "Nice shot, Jim." :lol:

Terry's 3 iron deserves a special mention. He was puring it all day out around 200-210 meter mark. I had to inspect it on the 17th after he hit a monster with it from the fairway (albeit a practice ball). Surely this must be a hollowed out 3 iron with a thin trampoline high COR face ... Close examination revealed a regular steel shaft forged 3 iron blade. :!: Terry's 3 wood goes almost as far as his driver too. Which makes me think ... Perhaps Terry's quick tempo suits a shorter, but slightly heavier shaft ... :?: Tez, have you tried a heavier graphite shaft (or lightweight steel) in your driver at say 43.5 to 44 inches?

Nudgee ... what can I say. I thought I felt crap having worked till late on Friday and driving up from Lismore Saturday morning. One look at Nudgee's face after his big night out (went to sleep at 4am! :shock: ) told me that he was feeling much crappier! :( He did hit a few long drives and the one on the last was a beauty. Hit it with Vegas' driver too. That Blue shaft seems to suit the raw power that is Nudgee. I had a go with it afterwards but the shaft felt way too stiff for me. Hit a weak blocked fade.

Not entirely happy with my game, I asked one of the workers there if I could hit some more balls at the range after the game. Probably thinking that I paid the full $130 green fee, they gave me a bucket and the whole range to myself. :wink: I hit about 30 balls, trying to copy Vegas' tempo. It's amazing what good rhythm and tempo does to the outcome of the shot.

I left Brooky around 3:45pm and by the time I got to Sydney, it was around 2:30 am! :shock:

Thanks again Vegas for rearranging your dentist appointment, Terry for actually coming to the practice range before the round (almost thought you weren't going to make it) and Nudgee for even making it to the course after a big night. Good to see that there are others just as crazy about this game as I am ... :wink: See you guys in October at Cool-Tweed. 8)

nudgee
18th July 2004, 03:43 PM
Thanks Jono for organising the day still cant believe you drove up and down for it!!! - if only I had listened to my brain on friday night before alcohol took over :cry:

The course was in schmick condition and at least the golf from two of our group (Tezz and Brisvegas) was fine golf. Jono played OK compared to me - I had one of those days were I was like a zombie and couldn't do anything right!!

I will concur with Jono and agree that Brisvegas swing is just plain awesome!! The trajectory he gets with his irons and driver is just plain purrrty to watch!! And driving - bloody loooong and accurate.

As usual Tezz was slapping that 3 iron miles into the horizon - I reckon Tezz all you need is your 3 wood, your 3 iron, a 7 iron your wedge and a putter and you would be scoring low 70ss all the time.

I learnt one lesson today that drinking and golfing are not a good match and I shall not do it again especially when I am playing Brookwater. If it wasn't for the company I would have felt bad about wasting $66.

On a last note Brisvegas that driver of yours is just magic!!! Give me a call when you are ready to sell. And your house looks freaking spectacular - can't wait for the house warming party which of course would follow a round at Brookwater :wink:

terryand
18th July 2004, 05:36 PM
Thanks to Jono for organising the day and also to Brisvegas and Nudgee for a great day.

What a champion effort by Jono to drive from Lismore to Brooky to play and then drive all the way home to Sydney, what an iron man :smt107

Brisvegas was just purring everything he hit on the front nine, especailly his driver for his 19 pts on that nine.But I think the mind got in the way of a good finish before he even teed off on the back nine. You know what I mean :smt101

As for Nudgee, I still think it’s the hair cut. I don't think the 4am finish to copious amounts of alcohol had any thing to do with the golf form :smt030 :smt112

I managed to find new ways to throw away shots, like not being able to hit the planet from 100 metres :smt093 So I think I have to lay up to 200m for my best iron :smt023 Like the guys have said, my 3 iron and other long irons are just awesome ATM, I couldn’t' be happier with the way they are coming out :mrgreen:

This course is simply awesome. or those of you that haven't played it, do yourself......yeah you know the rest.

For the record I had 30 pts, nothing too spectacular, but there were some flashes that kept me going. Get very frustrating to have a birdie then dome your next tee shot 40m off the tee. Just silly crap like that, that really gets my back up.....But like we all know...That’s golf :smt102

Terry.

BrisVegas
18th July 2004, 06:38 PM
Get very frustrating to have a birdie then dome your next tee shot 40m off the tee. Just silly crap like that, that really gets my back up.....But like we all know...That’s golf :smt102

Terry.

That was a fine birdie on the 3rd Terry. Don't be so hard on yourself though.... You're top-shank on 4 went 50 metres according to the GPS :wink:

I really enjoyed yesterday, depsite falling in a heap around the back nine. Good company, great course and decent weather. It doesn't get much better. 8) 8) I'm really keen to play there again with ozgolfers as soon as possible. It's just a nice place to go around. :) I disagree with golfer69's assertion that North Lakes is tougher. :P I think the greens, elevation changes and savage bunkering more than make up for Brookwater's relatively easy fairways. I think the place would be unplayable without the gully fairways. Don't forget we played the gold tees. There was another 500 metres of challenge out there still...

Sorry I couldn't hang around Jono - I had to get to a house warming party across town (the usual story :roll: ) at 4pm. I would like to have hit some more balls at the range and worked on my chipping for a while. Like Terry, I reckon I am more of a show to hit a green with a long iron or 3 wood (eg. 8th, 13th & 17th) than a bloody wedge. ahhh well.

Next time!!

P.S. I was out there again today running data cable through my house. It was bloody freezing, with the wind gusting quite strongly. We got very lucky yesterday!