PDA

View Full Version : Forum change to vBulliten: things you may need to know.

goughy
26th January 2006, 07:26 AM
Hey all,

As many know we have been wanting to change to the vBulliten forum software for a while now. Thanks to the donations that should be occuring within the next week or so (hopefully if the tests etc go fine). We'll use this thread for any updates on progress or if there is anything in particular you need to know before the change occurs.

The first thing is we are not sure avatars will transfer across. We believe sigs will be ok, but in the meantime it might be worth saving a copy of your avatar and sig if you wish.

AndyP
26th January 2006, 11:01 AM
One change that I know of, is that links in posts that were linked to other threads in the forum before the changeover will no longer work. Some of you may have experienced this at ISG.

The registration function will no longer be available, and the view unread posts function will go back to only checking new posts since your last visit (I think).

Jarro
26th January 2006, 06:22 PM
can't wait Goughy ... i think a change is sorely needed.

clikchic
29th January 2006, 10:41 PM
New forum is nearly ready to go.. just waiting for you guys to get off so I can just this one down to do the changeover... ;-)

Will be small amount of downtime while I fix some settings on the new one and transfer stuff over, but apart from that it won't be long and our new one will be up and running! :-)

Jarro
30th January 2006, 03:59 AM
looks great clikchic

gazgolf1
30th January 2006, 05:20 AM
very different.

3oneday
30th January 2006, 06:23 AM
any hints on where to change the time ???

Pete

goughy
30th January 2006, 06:27 AM
Haven't worked out what's happening with the time. We've got it set to eastern australia. I noticed it out before so I went to admin and changed it again and it then showed the correct time. But now that I've logged in again it has changed back to the wrong time again.

I'll let clikchic sort it out. Any other problems post them here or pm us.

3oneday
30th January 2006, 06:28 AM
I went in and changed it, now whenever I go to the profile I get an http 404 error so I can't go back. I just needed to get back in for the real time, not that silly QLD time. :)

Pete

Matt 3 Jab
30th January 2006, 07:14 AM
i had a new pm and now i dont have it? did it get lost in the change over?

Eag's
30th January 2006, 07:14 AM
Hey love the new look, great job people :)

Matt 3 Jab
30th January 2006, 07:20 AM
found the message and it looks good!

clikchic
30th January 2006, 07:33 AM
Thanks guys! A few things to smooth out still obviously.. but for the most part we are up and running. :-) Please post any issues in this thread. http://ozgolf.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3854

Courty
30th January 2006, 08:59 AM
Looks great. The new features are sweet. No problems in Safari either (of course ;) )

markTHEblake
30th January 2006, 10:41 AM
I hate the profile information on top of every message. Looks very cluttered when scrolling through pages expecially with all the graphics in peoples sigs.

much easier to follow with the profile on the left, and it uses less screen real estate.

clikchic
30th January 2006, 12:47 PM
I hate the profile information on top of every message. Looks very cluttered when scrolling through pages expecially with all the graphics in peoples sigs.

much easier to follow with the profile on the left, and it uses less screen real estate. There you go.... Fixed....

markTHEblake
30th January 2006, 02:10 PM
Wow. I have power, I just say it and it happens.

Ok next one, Ban Jarro.

Jarro
30th January 2006, 02:56 PM
Wow. I have power, I just say it and it happens.

Ok next one, Ban Jarro.

dream on melon head :p

nice job ClikChic .... the new layout looks fantastic 8-)

Trung
30th January 2006, 07:29 PM
looks good.... great job...

Fishman Dan
30th January 2006, 07:44 PM
Good work on the upgrade, but it all looks so.... dark.. and square-cornered....

I'm a traditionalist though ;)

Down with 20/20 cricket and radical forum changes!

Just kidding.... i'll get used to 20-20 cricket..

Fishman Dan
9th February 2006, 09:10 PM
Got to say that jumping between pages is now a million percent quicker than the old forum. Getting used to it now... i've stopped reading peoples "Join Date" and thinking that was the post date... :roll:

Now just to find the list of smilies...

Courty
9th February 2006, 09:27 PM
Now just to find the list of smilies...

http://www.ozgolf.net/forums/showpost.php?p=76744&postcount=10