PDA

View Full Version : cobra shaft Q

damoocow
23rd December 2013, 08:01 AM
Folks - I have a ZL Encore 10.5 degree with a stock cobra motore f3 in reg. Is there a shaft option for something lower launching ? - this thing hits so high I lose stacks of distance and as I'm not a big hitter anyway it's annoying. Thanks in advance.

benno_r
23rd December 2013, 08:16 AM
Plenty of options mate - Ahina, ADBB, Whiteboard, Black Tie, Kiyoshi White, Motore Speeder 6.2, Fujikura Fuel

damoocow
24th December 2013, 07:15 AM
thanks - will have a look around.

TheNuclearOne
25th December 2013, 10:39 AM
I'd be trying a cheap stiff (or a stiffer reg) first mate before getting extravagent. It could well work and at the least you'll have a real good barometer.

Pretty sure the stocky is in 55 grams? I'd be going up to the 60's category if so unless you're fixed on 50 grammers. The extra weight will bring the flight down for a start.

Do you def need reg? A good cheap experiment would be something like a UST V2 in the mid 60's or a Prolaunch Red. Getting the flex right would be the thing, whether it be reg, reg tipped 1/2" or stiff.

I haven't had an Encore to know whether a shaft plays to flex in their head setup or what length shaft plays to what finished length unfortunately.

mrbluu
25th December 2013, 10:51 AM
I'd be trying a cheap stiff (or a stiffer reg) first mate before getting extravagent. It could well work and at the least you'll have a real good barometer.

Pretty sure the stocky is in 55 grams? I'd be going up to the 60's category if so unless you're fixed on 50 grammers. The extra weight will bring the flight down for a start.

Do you def need reg? A good cheap experiment would be something like a UST V2 in the mid 60's or a Prolaunch Red. Getting the flex right would be the thing, whether it be reg, reg tipped 1/2" or stiff.

I haven't had an Encore to know whether a shaft plays to flex in their head setup or what length shaft plays to what finished length unfortunately.

Get your hands on a cheap Reg UST V2 as they are quite stout shaft (no homo) compared to the flex and most guys play shafts that a lot stiff than they need (no homo again). If it plays too soft then just tip it, but you'll be surprised.

damoocow
25th December 2013, 11:32 AM

Thanks TNO - it is a 55. Might get 0.5 or 0.75 taken off it to see what effect that has.

damoocow
25th December 2013, 11:33 AM
thanks bluu will have a look around

TheNuclearOne
25th December 2013, 11:53 AM
Get your hands on a cheap Reg UST V2 as they are quite stout shaft (no homo) compared to the flex and most guys play shafts that a lot stiff than they need (no homo again). If it plays too soft then just tip it, but you'll be surprised.

The UST V2 65's actually play true to (aftermarket) flex. What tricks many people is the materials and more so the low torque. The low torque for some make it "feel" stout" and stable while others find it boardy. The odd person has trouble getting past the boardy feel and ends up overswinging. The V2 is a great shaft for the money, a nice middle of spectrum mid launch and spin offering.

The PL Red plays stiffer to flex than the V2, and this extra stiffness is mostly thru the upper mid and tip section. Of course this makes it lower launching and spinning than the V2. Some also find it boardy. It's another great shaft for the bux.