PDA

View Full Version : Driver shaft cut down for a hybrid?

JADO75
20th December 2013, 02:02 PM
I've got a Fubuki 73 Tour shaft in driver length with a Stage 2 tip on it that I never use & was thinking of chopping some off the butt end to use in my hybrid. The tip fits in the head fine & I know its a pretty light shaft to use in a hybrid but does anyone have any idea how it would play? Would I need to tip it? I have a Black Tie HM3 95 in my hybrid at the moment & love it but I've been using an AD DI 6x in my Stage 2 3 wood & like it being a bit lighter so was thinking of trying something similar with the hybrid.
Cheers
Jado

Lucasto23
20th December 2013, 04:52 PM
You need to tip the shit out of it or it will be very loose and inconsistent on miss hit isn't experience in the past

Steve
20th December 2013, 05:49 PM
You would need a heavy shaft for this, yes no ???

JADO75
20th December 2013, 09:07 PM
Part of the appeal was that it was a bit lighter matey

Luc- any thoughts on how much?

Lucasto23
21st December 2013, 01:31 AM
Al close as you can get it to .370 mate or 2 inches at the least

liptout
21st December 2013, 07:50 AM
Be carefully cutting to much off it though Jado, cause you'll start screwing around with kick points and all that kind of important stuff........
For an experiment you could chop a cheaper shaft up to get it to fit, but some of the shafts you've got stashed away I'd be too scared to even take 1/2 inch off. :D

markTHEblake
21st December 2013, 12:33 PM
Hybrids were designed to be used with heavy shafts. Whatever you do will most likely be ugly and wasting your time and crucifying a shaft.

benno_r
21st December 2013, 03:09 PM
Give it a go mate, then you'll be able to tell us if it works or not. it'll be tough to tip it enough and still have it fit in the .335 adapter though.