PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Doc...

McMw
24th January 2006, 08:55 PM
As mentioned in the other thread, I suffered from cramps in both my legs sunday arvo...

the left leg is fine now, but my right leg (calf) is still sore; in fact, it's actually quite painful...can't really stretch it...

wat's the diagnosis??? muscle tear (as was mentioned to my by a mate last night)???

peter_rs
24th January 2006, 08:56 PM
I have done it so it is possible.

Hurts.

Jarro
24th January 2006, 09:05 PM
probably just a case of toomuchgolfitis :roll:

Courty
24th January 2006, 10:18 PM
Cramps are usually a symptom of dehydration... something quite common here in the humid tropics. :roll:

Drink a crate of Powerade & call me in the morning. :wink:

3oneday
25th January 2006, 12:05 AM
Need more salt on your chips mate !!!!

Fishman Dan
25th January 2006, 07:43 AM
I thought Naprogesic was good for cramps..

amanda
25th January 2006, 07:50 AM
We have a doctor at our club who suffers from leg cramps in hot & dehydrating weather. He always has tonic water as his first drink in the clubhouse - something about the quinine.

Jono
25th January 2006, 09:02 AM
Mau,

I must have missed your original post. What happened? Did you just get cramps or did you injure yourself? Any swelling around the area?

Sodium depletion and few other conditions (eg. hypothyroidism) are associated with cramps, especially night cramps. Amanda, tonic water is flavoured with quinine and people who get night cramps can also take a tablet form of quinine sulphate.

Anyway, send me a PM if you are concerned that you have done yourself a serious injury.

McMw
25th January 2006, 05:22 PM
thanks Doc...

my legs cramped up on Sunday in the afternoon round...
right leg cramped up around the 9th I think, and both legs started to cramp badly on the 13th...and the match went all the way to the 18th...

Woke up this morning with significantly less pain in the right calf, but it's still there....signs of getting better???