PDA

View Full Version : Best alternative to ProV1x

Collis
15th December 2013, 09:56 AM
People's thoughts on other alternatives?

Johnny Canuck
15th December 2013, 10:11 AM
Lethal is your ball. Plays very similar with much better durability.

PerryGroves
15th December 2013, 10:15 AM
Lethal is your ball. Plays very similar with much better durability.

I used Pro Vs for years and switched to Pentas and now Lethals.

I suspect I have lost a smidge of distance but since I cant keep the ball in the same postcode these days, thats not as relevant as once it was.

SirTop
15th December 2013, 10:28 AM
Lethals are fantastic, but the new vision pro soft is as good or better

davidw88
15th December 2013, 12:21 PM
Srixon z star xv are pretty similar and lethals are also a good ball. I just started using lethals and I would of gained a bit of distance with them over prov1x

mrbluu
15th December 2013, 12:50 PM
I have used provx's for a while but I think the vx would be the closest. For me the lethal is closer to the prov than the x.

The lethal is a ripper of a ball!!

oncewasagolfer
15th December 2013, 12:58 PM
I like both the xv and lethal. The xv is firmer and spins less for me.

Jerry Springer
15th December 2013, 01:30 PM
Lethals are fantastic, but the new vision pro soft is as good or better Is that the Gel-X? Where can you get them?

SirTop
15th December 2013, 01:37 PM
Is that the Gel-X? Where can you get them?

Jerry, contact Boz on ISG.

It's the new prototype ball that's been released, which is awesome to say the least

JADO75
15th December 2013, 01:38 PM
Love the Srixon xv in winter, not so much now it's warmer with harder greens. Need more spin

braddles
15th December 2013, 02:58 PM
Lethal

Captain Nemo
15th December 2013, 03:31 PM
Hot Dot

Dotty
15th December 2013, 04:00 PM
Hot Dot
You rang?

mrbluu
15th December 2013, 04:34 PM
You rang?

Hahahaha

Mububban
15th December 2013, 05:18 PM
Love the Srixon xv in winter, not so much now it's warmer with harder greens. Need more spin

I'm finding the same thing. I scored a dozen of the XV free in the launch promo, went for them to try and keep me a tad straighter off the tee, but now I'm noticing the lower spin around the greens. Only got 3 of the regular Z Star. Rookie mistake :)

Steve
15th December 2013, 05:46 PM
Go the pinnacle gold, lol

dc68
15th December 2013, 05:51 PM
Lethal.

sms316
15th December 2013, 05:55 PM
There is no alternative to Pro V1x.

Johnny Canuck
15th December 2013, 06:21 PM
I'm finding the same thing. I scored a dozen of the XV free in the launch promo, went for them to try and keep me a tad straighter off the tee, but now I'm noticing the lower spin around the greens. Only got 3 of the regular Z Star. Rookie mistake :)

XV is a great winter ball.

Dotty
15th December 2013, 06:43 PM
Flying Lady.

SirTop
15th December 2013, 07:10 PM
There is no alternative to Pro V1x.

Vision pro soft and Lethal are both as good, two good choices, and half the price

GPT
15th December 2013, 07:12 PM
The Callaway Hex Chrome + would be worth a try

sms316
15th December 2013, 07:21 PM
Vision pro soft and Lethal are both as good, two good choices, and half the price There is a reason why Vision balls are so cheap. They are glorified range balls.

SirTop
15th December 2013, 07:37 PM
There is a reason why Vision balls are so cheap. They are glorified range balls.

Everyone has their own opinion. Many would disagree with you with the new prototype ball.

Maybe try it before judging, then come back and see if you feel the same way.

sms316
15th December 2013, 07:57 PM
Everyone has their own opinion. Many would disagree with you with the new prototype ball. Maybe try it before judging, then come back and see if you feel the same way. If they still have the graphics for seniors I would be embarrassed to use it. And besides, there is no way my pro shop would stock them.

Jerry Springer
15th December 2013, 08:04 PM
If it stops the morons at my club picking up my ball, and performs ok then I would happily use it. Tried the NXT Tour S, and it is a pinnacle with a nice name.

Oldplayer
15th December 2013, 08:09 PM
Another vote for the lethal. I switched from the 1x to the penta tp5 then the lethal. Been playing it three months and very happy with it.

SirTop
15th December 2013, 08:15 PM
If they still have the graphics for seniors I would be embarrassed to use it. And besides, there is no way my pro shop would stock them.

It's a big number on the yellow and previous balls, they're meant to be easily identifiable, I doubt it's for seniors?

Maybe they wouldn't stock it, but maybe they should. I wasn't a huge fan of some of the other balls, this one is awesome though. Helped get me 46 points in comp today.

As for shops stocking them or not, if they have a good product then they should stock a good ball from an aussie company if they've developed a genuinely good product, rather than feeding cash to the big multinationals. If they don't do it out previous bias, then I think that's ridiculous

If people don't like them, they won't buy them, it's pretty straight forward really

SirTop
15th December 2013, 08:23 PM
The Bridgestone B330-S is a nice ball too

Dotty
15th December 2013, 08:25 PM
The big multinationals employ a lot more Australians than Vision (who get their golf balls manufactured overseas).

SirTop
15th December 2013, 09:38 PM
The big multinationals employ a lot more Australians than Vision (who get their golf balls manufactured overseas).

Fair call, but there's room for another player, an Aussie one is the point here. That's not a valid argument against the company selling into the pro shops, because a small local player would never make a dent in the sales of the Taylormade or Nike's of the world, hence hardly effecting any local jobs so a Vision, or any other small aussie company doing well locally would be best of both worlds

Rohan
15th December 2013, 10:05 PM
Wilson FG Tour X. Golfbox has some good deals on them at the moment. These will be discontinued after this year so you might be able to stock up for cheap if you like them.

Eca
15th December 2013, 10:05 PM
Anyone tried foremost?

Johnny Canuck
15th December 2013, 10:07 PM
Anyone tried foremost?

I liked them when I tried them during their trial offer.

3Puttpete
15th December 2013, 10:40 PM
Anyone tried foremost?

Good balls at that price

Eca
15th December 2013, 10:50 PM
Got a sleeve of the foremost 3 Kinda reminded me of the FG TOURS. They seem pretty good.
gotta try the lethals.

mrbluu
15th December 2013, 10:54 PM
Anyone tried foremost?

Good balls at that price

I got them when they were free as well. I found them ok for iron shots and short game, ball but they didn't travel as far as other Premo balls with the driver. They were also around $50 a dozen plus postage which I though was over priced.

For lethals at $25-30 a dozen are the best value.

timah!
15th December 2013, 10:59 PM
Wilson FG Tour X.

Yep, good pills.

Eca
15th December 2013, 11:03 PM
I got them when they were free as well. I found them ok for iron shots and short game, ball but they didn't travel as far as other Premo balls with the driver. They were also around $50 a dozen plus postage which I though was over priced.

For lethals at $25-30 a dozen are the best value.

where do you get your supply Bluu?

Collis
15th December 2013, 11:05 PM
where do you get your supply Bluu? +2Best I can find is golf box $99 for 3 doz ( freepost)

mrbluu
15th December 2013, 11:35 PM
+2Best I can find is golf box $99 for 3 doz ( freepost)
GCO had them on sale a couple of weeks ago for $24 and if you bought more than 12 boxes they were and extra 10% off. Worked out at $22.50 a dozen. Keep and eye out sale from the usual online places they will come down again.

They also had them $35 and you got a free cap promotion a few weeks ago.

Eca
16th December 2013, 12:34 AM
Thanks bluu

Collis
16th December 2013, 07:50 AM
GCO had them on sale a couple of weeks ago for $24 and if you bought more than 12 boxes they were and extra 10% off. Worked out at $22.50 a dozen. Keep and eye out sale from the usual online places they will come down again.They also had them $35 and you got a free cap promotion a few weeks ago.Thanks mate

IanO
16th December 2013, 04:06 PM
My Pro Shop now stocks the Vision balls and a few of the old guys use them.

Yossarian
17th December 2013, 12:37 AM
Fair call, but there's room for another player, an Aussie one is the point here. That's not a valid argument against the company selling into the pro shops, because a small local player would never make a dent in the sales of the Taylormade or Nike's of the world, hence hardly effecting any local jobs so a Vision, or any other small aussie company doing well locally would be best of both worlds

What do you play off Sir Top?

Brissygolfer
17th December 2013, 12:52 AM
Have been using the Srixon Z Star XV's (picked up 2 doz @ $29ea). Really liking them as well.

SirTop
17th December 2013, 06:25 AM
What do you play off Sir Top?

Hi Yossarianw

Started playing golf back in Feb, was probably around 30 (cricketer all my life)

Dropped to 15 in 5 months, currently on 19 after getting a bad case of the shanks for 2 months, which are gone now

Target is low teens this year now

Ty Webb
17th December 2013, 11:16 AM
Lethal is your ball. Plays very similar with much better durability. + 1 here. The Lethal is a super pill. I was a devoted ProV1x user, now I'm using the lethal. Got 2 dozen from Drummonds for $65. No brainer.

Yossarian
17th December 2013, 11:57 AM
Hi Yossarianw

Started playing golf back in Feb, was probably around 30 (cricketer all my life)

Dropped to 15 in 5 months, currently on 19 after getting a bad case of the shanks for 2 months, which are gone now

Target is low teens this year now

Fair enough. I know personally don't think I am really good enough to rate golf balls other than I like them or don't.

dc68
18th December 2013, 01:09 AM
which are gone now

Who is going to tell him they never really go? They just hide and pop up out of nowhere.

Muahahahahahaha!!!

SirTop
18th December 2013, 05:38 AM
Who is going to tell him they never really go? They just hide and pop up out of nowhere.

Muahahahahahaha!!!

Lol DC, don't tell me that. The power of positive thought is what I'm counting on there...

They happen on short 30m pitches still at times...

oncewasagolfer
18th December 2013, 07:55 AM
A guy in our group shanked a pitch yesterday then after watching that I shanked a chip. They are contagious!

mrbluu
18th December 2013, 08:13 AM
A guy in our group shanked a pitch yesterday then after watching that I shanked a chip. They are contagious! Are u in the right thread?

oncewasagolfer
18th December 2013, 08:22 AM
:)

SirTop
18th December 2013, 11:18 AM
A guy in our group shanked a pitch yesterday then after watching that I shanked a chip. They are contagious!

That's funny, because it's true
:)

Fixed this morning, weight back on the heels and all gone

Oh yeah, go Z Stars too...